Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji (127521 Views)

Twist Of Fate. / Twist Of Hope(a Must Read Story) / Twist Of Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by marve20: 10:05am On Jan 18, 2018
Madam nice story pls update

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by BOLAPE(f): 11:19am On Jan 18, 2018
TWIST OF FATE: #29

Joseph took the staircase two at a time and noted with dread that Rebecca was already at home.
The door wasn't locked. He slides into the sitting room and dropped a mini-recorder in her handbag. He dropped the bag on the floor, closed to the kitchen door where he could hear their voices.
It took all his self-control to reign in his anger, not to rushed in and strangled the bastard where he stood, holding a gun to Rebecca.
He slipped out again as he made calls and went back to his car.

‘You don't look too happy to see me, darling.' He smiled at her but his eyes were cold and empty. She repressed a shudder.
‘How did you get in by the way? You have just behaved like the criminal that you are.' She inclined her head regally.
‘I will advise you to watch your tongue, princess.' His smile grew colder as he brought out a gun from his back pocket. ‘The back staircase was an easy access to your kitchen and working the lock is a child's play.' He added with a sinister grin.
How did I ever think this guy is attractive? I have been such a fool. She thought bitterly.
His fingers caressed the smooth sleekness of the deadly weapon he was holding and her eyes were involuntarily drawn to it. He would use it without a second thought, she knew. She noted during the time they lived together that he was capable of violence. She tried to keep out of his way most of the time and tried not to provoke him unless it was absolutely necessary. She was relieved when he disappeared from their life, even though he left them penniless and homeless.
"This weapon is made of plastic with a silencer and it has a very lightweight. It is a Glock 9 millimeter and I use it only when it is necessary."He winked at her.
‘You won't dare kill me, will you?' She asked with a confidence she was not feeling. Being scared was not going to help her but she would be damned if she would allow this Criminal to end her life before she was ready.
‘I killed your father. Why should your death make a difference to me?' His smile was malicious. She gaped at him in shock. He actually relished telling her to her face which means he had no intention of letting her go, alive!
‘Well, don't look so shocked. I am not the only one with a grudge against your father. Emeka Daniels junior never forgave your father for cheating on his father and sending him to an early grave.' He gave her a malicious smile.
‘My dad never cheated on Mr. Daniels! He actually assisted him financially to boost his business but unfortunately, he was duped by unknown fraudsters. My dad didn't know how depressed he was until he committed suicide. That was why he employed E.D junior as our family lawyer before he was even out of law school. They were good friends before E.D Senior's death.' Rebecca denied hotly, remembering how depressed her father was when he learned of his friend's death.
‘What a pity! It is too late to explain that to him. He got it twisted and had a burning vengeance for your father. I guess he was also driven by his own selfish interest and greediness. He teamed up with the wrong person to achieve his goal.' He shrugged as he threw the weapon into the air playfully and caught it again.
"So you killed him too? Why? Why are you behaving this way, Ramsey?"She asked in a hoarse voice.
"Your father is a selfish man, Becky. He deserved what he got.' Anger whipped through her.
"How can you call my father a selfish man, after all, he did for you? You are the selfish bastard! "She spat at him and held her breath but he only gave her a cold smile.
"Isn't it obvious? He is so dumb to think I will work my butt off to satisfy all your whims."His lips twisted cruelly. "You are all so dumb. He wanted his family to stay at home and enjoy yourselves while I slave away to make more money for him."He glared at her.
‘Ramsey, you know deep in your heart that I wanted to work to earn my living but you supported him when he demanded I stayed at home. Obviously, you have a plan in place.' She accused bitterly.
‘You have always been smart. You are right. I have no intention of being slaves to a couple of spoilt brats and their spineless mother.' He gave a harsh laugh.
"So what do you want? Why are you back?"She asked with a narrowed look.
"Those are good questions. I'm here for two reasons."He paused but she didn't comment as she thought of how she would come out of this, alive!
"I want my son with me when I leave. That is my first request.' His eyes narrowed dangerously when she burst into an amused laughter. ‘What is so funny?' He barked at her.
‘You must certainly be blind to think my son belongs to you. You are not his father. His father is Joseph Coker.' She wondered if she would live long enough to tell her son who his biological father was.
She watched him frown as he brought Michael's face into his mind and probably realized she was right.
‘You, slut! Only God knows how many times he slept with you before we got married. Yet, you won't allow me to see your pant. No wonder you were always on his side.' He glared at her, his temper rapidly rising.
She refused to comment on the insult and he continued after a while.
‘That is good. I realized the bastard is doing so well for himself that he has the money and time to track me down. Obviously, you have warmed yourself back into his bed. So it shouldn't be too hard for you to meet my other request."He didn't look too distressed at the fact that the son wasn't his, she noted sadly.
‘What do you want?' She asked in a resigned voice.
"I want you to call your account officer and ask him to transfer a sum of Ten million naira into my account. You may also call your lover boy to assist you if he values your life. After all, that little amount meant nothing to the Almighty Coker, right?"He jeered at her stated quietly and she stared at him in horror.

Joseph shed his tie into the car, locked it up and raced to the back of the building as he rolled up his shirt-sleeves. He went through the extra door in the building and found himself on the emergency staircase.
The son of a bitch has done his homework well, he thought in anger as he went up the staircase and found himself in complete darkness. He felt around him on the wall until his fingers came in contact with the cold metal of a doorknob and he tried it. The door opened, swinging heavily on its hinges and directly into a storeroom. He climbed in and heard their voices.

"What is that noise?"Ramsey jerked around sharply, feeling quite sure he heard a sound behind him.
"What noise? Where do you want me to get that kind of money?' She screamed at him. He pointed the gun at the ceiling and pulled the trigger. No sound came out but a hole formed instantly in the ceiling and part of it dropped on the floor in pieces. Her fingers rose to her throat in horror as she gaped at the ceiling.
"Please don't waste my time."He held out his cell phone while his second hand pointed the gun at her head.
She had never felt so helpless or desperate in her life because she knew she doesn't have that kind of money in her bank account but he will never believe her. Joseph, where are you? I need you now, please! She prayed fervently in her shattered mind.

Joseph appeared behind Ramsey with a finger across his lip. It took all her control not to jump up with joy. She blinked as tears filled her eyes and her heart sang a joyful song.
His arm went around Ramsey's neck in a flash and turned his gun-hand skyward. Several shots went off, scattering the ceiling and the carefully arranged room as the two men struggled with the gun until it dropped on the floor.
Becky kicked it to the far corner of the room and stood guard over it.
Both men disengaged and eyed each other with burning hatred.
"What is your problem, lover boy? She is still my wife and I can do whatever I like with her."Ramsey spat at him with a cold smile. Becky stared at him with a hatred she never knew she had for him.
"She won't be your wife for long. Her heart and body have always been mine."Joseph gave her a playful grin. She returned his smile gratefully.
"Are you sure, you yellow bastard?"Ramsey asked coldly.
"I can prove it to you."Joseph said with a determined set of his jaw.
"Come on. Let's see what you got, fucker." Ramsey inclined his head challengingly.
Joseph came upon him like a prizefighter.
Becky had always suspected Joseph could be ruthless when provoked but she was surprised at the level of ruthlessness he displayed as he rammed continuously into Ramsey with his fist and head.
She heard the sickening thud of knuckles on bones and groans and watched the rippling muscles of the two men in fascination. She knew at the back of her mind she was supposed to find a way to get the police but she was scared to leave them.
They thrashed around, destroying everything they came in contact with and Ramsey disengaged abruptly as blood gushed from his nose.
He touched his nose and stared at the blood on his finger.
"I will kill you, you idiot."Ramsey threatened darkly as he fished out a shining little knife out of his pocket and watched it with a malicious smile.
"You can't kill me as easily as you killed your father-in-law or the lawyer. You have to do better than that."Joseph's gaze narrowed angrily. He saw surprise coupled with unease flickered briefly on his face. Becky stared at him in amazement.
"What is your business in this anyway? You were just a mere driver and you have nothing to show for your slave years at the Badmus's house, have you?"Ramsey spat at him.
"I'm glad to be a slave to a gorgeous and beautiful woman like Becky Badmus. Your lose is my gain."Joseph shared another smile with her and turned back to the gaping man. "Moreover, my wealth can buy you and your family repeatedly, you coward. You have nowhere to run because you are a wanted man. If you step out of this place, I will make sure you step right into jail. You are so dead, Ramsey Williams."Joseph said with a cold anger that frightened her.
‘I will kill you first before you send me to jail, asshole."Ramsey charged him furiously, blindly.
He crashed into the opposite wall when Joseph stepped out of his way, then he brought his elbow down on his back and he went flat with a groan.

Becky heard the police siren in the distance and ran out to her balcony in time to see police cars drove into her compound at a top speed. They were led by two unmarked cars. One belonged to Andrew and the second belonged to James Hogg, the head of the foreign intelligence team hired by the Coker.
She looked around in time to see Joseph dragging Ramsey forcefully to the balcony. His arms and legs were tied with Joseph's torn shirt. He was bare-chested and had a cut on his rib. Ramsey was panting breathlessly, his eyes widened with fear when he realized he was about to be thrown over the iron banister. Joseph's jaw was set and his eyes were flat with anger.
"What are you doing, Joe?'Becky asked with sheer terror.
"I'm going to throw him over the railings."He answered furiously as he lifted him bodily into his arms.
"Becky….please ….beg …him" Ramsey pleaded desperately in between gasp.
"Don't do that, Joe.The police are here already, let them do their job. Don't turn into a murderer like him, please."Becky pleaded quietly as she held on to his arm.
He took deep, calming breath and dropped him abruptly before he proceeded to tie him to the railings.

‘Are you alright, Joseph?' Andrew hurried towards him as he joined them on the balcony.
‘I'm fine. They should just take that bastard away before I killed him.' Joseph walked into the sitting room to retrieve the recorder from Becky's bag and gave it to James Hogg as the latter walked in.
The police led Ramsey away in handcuffs after taking their statements.
The security team lingered a bit behind as they asked questions, took pictures and recorded the scene before leaving the house.
‘You are bleeding. I will treat that.' Rebecca went on shaky feet to retrieve her medical kit.
‘Sit down, Becky. You are trembling.' Andrew pushed her into a seat. The kit dropped with a thud.
‘He was going to kill me.' She covered her face with her palm as tears filled her eyes.
‘It is okay. Please cry if it will make you feel better.' Andrew drew her into his arms. She cried, deep wrenching sobs that tore into Joseph's heart.
‘I can't believe I was married to that monster.' She shook her head in self-pity as she looked at him with swollen red-rimmed eyes.
‘It is alright. The storm is over.' He patted her back.
‘Is she alright now?' Ruth's tentative voice reached her and she looked at her mother to see her sitting beside Joseph.
His arm was around her frail shoulder.
‘I'm fine, mum. How are you? When did you come in?' She blew her nose on the handkerchief that Andrew gave her.
‘I got here when Andrew was driving in with the police entourage and was asked to stay downstairs. It was the longest moment of my life.' Ruth shivered slightly.
‘It is okay, mum. He has been taken away. I am sure he won't be bothering us for a long time now.' Rebecca went to sit beside her mother and hugged her.
‘We should start going now.' Joseph got to his feet. Andrew followed suit.
‘I want to look at the bleeding wound on your rib, Joseph.' Rebecca got to her feet too.
‘It is just a scrape. I have survived worst wound.' Joseph smiled at her, wishing he could pull her into his arms and kissed her.
‘Sit down. I will look at it.' She insisted.
Andrew and Joseph left their house a few minutes later.

For your online courses and to study at your convenient pace, kindly visit https://www.sprintzeal.com/all-courses?course-id=&type=2&affiliate-id=9580929242&referred-by=Sprintzeal

Cheers!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by marve20: 11:46am On Jan 18, 2018
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by DemiKOL(f): 3:20pm On Jan 18, 2018
Thanks ma'am for the update

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by cerowo(f): 5:06pm On Jan 18, 2018
Tnks for the update

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Eddyella(f): 6:38pm On Jan 18, 2018
Tanks 4 d update.Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by aprilwise(m): 8:58pm On Jan 18, 2018
Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by seun9303: 10:08pm On Jan 18, 2018
Thanks for the update ma'am.
Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by divinehand2003(m): 12:08pm On Jan 19, 2018
I believe we are almost seeing the end of this great tale.
More power to your elbow darling OP.

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by BOLAPE(f): 7:00pm On Jan 19, 2018
Yes, it is gradually coming to an end..Thanks for reading
divinehand2003:
I believe we are almost seeing the end of this great tale.
More power to your elbow darling OP.
Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by blessedgold(f): 9:54am On Jan 20, 2018
Tnks 4 d update

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Lordshola: 11:04am On Jan 21, 2018
Nice update ma'am. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by murphymakun(m): 9:11pm On Jan 22, 2018
Nice update.

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by ayaobaidowu: 1:31pm On Jan 25, 2018
Waiting for update ma.
Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Ebigbola(f): 9:21pm On Jan 25, 2018
so much time updating.......
Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by BOLAPE(f): 10:11am On Jan 26, 2018
TWIST OF FATE :# 30

Andrew was pacing the waiting room, outside the labor room, murmuring prayers under his breath when Joseph hurried to meet him.
‘How is she?' He asked anxiously.
‘She has been in there for hours. They won't even allow me to stay with her.' He complained bitterly.
‘They won't allow you to stay with her because you are adding to her anxiety.' Naomi quipped in an amused voice from where she sat in a corner of the waiting room.
‘Mum!' Joseph protested laughingly while Andrew glared at her.
‘Joseph, take him out for a drink. Our baby will be waiting before you guys return.' Ifeoma suggested with a smile. She was sitting beside Naomi with a rosary in her hand.
‘How can I go and drink when my wife is struggling to bring forth our child?' He turned to glare at his mother in law.
‘Well, pacing a hole in the floor will not ease her pain, will it?' Naomi cocked a brow at her.
‘Is Becky on duty today?' Joseph asked his mother.
‘No, she is not on duty. I gave her a call and she came in to assist. She is in the labor room with the rest of the medical team. Take that boy away before I cuffed his ear.' Naomi told him, solemnly.
Ifeoma laughed as Joseph pulled a resisting Andrew out of the waiting room.
‘Congratulations, New mama!' Rebecca grinned at the new mother, holding the infant in her arms.
‘Thank you, Doctor Williams. Is that my son?' Bella looked tired but she was smiling.
‘Yes, Mrs. Ken.' Naomi helped her sit up in bed by adjusting the pillows around her.
‘He is so beautiful.' Bella breathed as the sleeping infant was placed in her arms. ‘Please call me Bella. You have been so good to me.' She grinned up at her.
‘You can call me Becky then. I have to go now. I am resuming back on duty in the evening. I will check up on you then.' Rebecca ran a finger lightly over the smooth cheek before she straightened up.
‘Thank you, Becky. I appreciate your assistance today.' Naomi told her as she walked her to the door of the private ward.
‘You are most welcome. Please go home immediately Mrs. Awodele comes back to relieve you. I don't want you to over-work yourself. You guys have been here for over 24 hours.' Rebecca warned her in a solemn voice.
‘Okay dear. Take care of yourself. Give my love to Michael.' Naomi patted her back.
‘I will. Thank you, ma'am.' Rebecca walked away.
Two hours later, Ifeoma came in with Maria and Aliyah. Naomi left immediately they arrived. The younger girls ‘oohed' and ‘aahed' over the infant while the mother dozed off.
A nurse came to take the infant from them and gave them the warning to keep their voices down.
‘Mum, you have been unusually quiet.' Maria gave her mother a concerned look.
‘I'm fine. I'm just so happy for Bella.' She paused and met their questioning gaze.
‘Your biological father is dead, Aliyah. He committed suicide in his cell in the jail or it seemed so.' She told her quietly.
‘That means you are free from his blackmail forever, right?' Aliyah asked with a sad smile.
‘Yes, I am. I am sorry, dear.' Ifeoma took her hand in hers as her eyes shone with unshed tears.
‘It is okay, mum. I don't know him and I felt nothing for him. He hurt you and I am glad he paid for his deed.' She shrugged with indifference.
‘You are one brave soul, little sister.' Maria kissed her cheeks and squeezed her shoulders affectionately.
‘Thank you. He probably stepped on some other toes and the owner wasn't so forgiving.' She gave another shrug. ‘How are you holding on, mum?' She was referring to the divorce.
‘I'm pretty good. I am at peace with myself. I miss you, girls, though. The house seemed too big without the lots of you.' Ifeoma smiled at both of them.
‘How is the new boo?' Maria winked at her.
‘He is crazy about Olamide. He proposes last night.' She displayed her engagement finger with a flare.
Maria clamped her hand over her mouth to prevent herself from screaming as she stared at the twinkling gold.
‘Congratulations! I am going to start preparing for another wedding very soon.' Their mother grinned as she hugged her last daughter.
‘Yes, mum.' She grinned at her mother and hugged her sister too.
‘I'm deliriously happy for you, baby sis.' Maria hugged her tightly.
‘Thank you, big sis. How is your bobo?' She moved back to smile into her eyes.
‘You, guys should chill for now. We are not in a hurry. It is one day at a time. Let's plan your own wedding first.' Maria grinned broadly at her with a wink.
‘You make me happy, girls.' She held their hands in each of her own and smiled with tear-filled eyes.
‘Mum, you know dad has already moved in with the Coker woman. Are you planning to settle down too?' Maria asked solemnly.
‘I am not in a hurry for anything, girls.' She shrugged with indifference.
‘I don't think so. A certain good-looking elderly gentleman came to check on me this afternoon. He knew I was here because he was your friend.' Bella spoke for the first time since she woke up.
Ifeoma's eyes lowered as six pairs of curious eyes turned to her. She wrung her heads and bit her lower lips before she spoke in a barely audible voice.
‘He is just my friend. He was a client before he becomes a close friend.'
‘He wants to be more than a friend, Mum. You know it.' Bella teased as she sat up in bed.
‘I'm just getting close to you, girls. I don't want to lose that friendship because of a man.' She raised worried gaze to her eldest daughter.
‘Mum, we will all leave your house eventually. We don't want you to be lonely. All we wanted is your happiness. If he makes you happy, go for him please.' Maria hugged her mother from behind.
‘That is right. Do whatever makes you happy and gives you peace of mind. Life is too short to delay for too long.' Aliyah kissed her cheeks.
‘Thank you, girls. I appreciate you all.' She beamed at them one after the other.

James Hogg met Rebecca at the hospital as she was leaving one afternoon. She recognized him instantly.
‘Mr. Hogg, Good afternoon. Thanks for coming the other day. Do you have a client here?' She went to shake his extended hand with a warm smile.
‘No, I came to see you. Please call me James. Are you leaving now?' He looked at her bag.
‘Yes, James. Please call me Becky. Hope it is not a serious issue?' She gave him a solemn look.
‘I will drop you off then. Please join me in my car.' He led her to his tinted dull color BMW and opened the back seat for her.
‘Thank you.' She murmured as she slides into the cool interior.
He joined her at the back and signaled for the driver to drive. A glass partition gave them some level of privacy.
‘Ramsey William's case was a foregone one. He has signed your divorce letter and you are a free woman. Congratulations, Becky.' He smiled at her.
‘Thank you. His father was a judge and he got a very good lawyer for him but nemesis was stronger. I am happy he is out of our life forever. I can't believe I was married to him.' She shuddered with horror and revulsion.
‘We all make mistakes. His families are not too happy with you at the moment. That tape nailed him finally.' He gave her a close look. She sighed.
‘I know what is on that tape because I remember every single word of the conversation we had.' She looked at him. ‘Yes. Michael is his son.' She answered his unspoken question.
‘Is he aware? I have already given him a copy of that recording. I don't want anything to cause a rift between you guys. He is very fond of you.'
‘I will tell him immediately he gets back into the country. He took the kids back to Manchester for the holiday. Thank you for your concern.' She smiled at him.
‘That gives me a big relief. I hope to attend a wedding soon. We are at your home already.' He smiled at her.
‘Thank you, James. See you soon.' She leaned over to kiss his cheek before sliding out of the car.

The confrontation came sooner than she expected.
It was her day off. Elizabeth was on two days leave from work. They were both in the sitting room, watching a seasoned film titled ‘Dirty Sexy Money' when a sharp knock penetrated their absorption.
‘Are you expecting a visitor?' Rebecca asked with an irritated frown.
‘No. I will see who it is and send him or her away. I really don't want to miss any part of this interesting movie.' She hurried to the door and peeped through. It was Joseph.
‘Guess who it is.' She grinned as she unlocked the door and flung it open.
Rebecca snorted and pressed the ‘pause' button on the VCR's remote control as she looked towards the doorway. Joseph strolled past Elizabeth and came to a stop a few feet from her.
He was not smiling. His dark frown matched his dark chinos trouser and black silk shirt. Her heart lurched in fear.
‘What is it, Joseph?' She got shakily to her feet.
‘Who is Michael's biological father?' He asked quietly. She swallowed hard. She hadn't envisaged telling him this way.
‘I didn't do any DNA test to confirm his paternity.' She began weakly.
‘Stop stalling, Becky. You know the father of your son or that was just to get your husband off your back? Did you lie?' His voice was frosty. She winced.
‘You are his father.' She mumbled under her breath. He went absolutely still.
‘Say that again.'
‘Joseph, you heard me the first time. You are his father.' She raised her voice to him, even as her hands trembled. She put it behind her back.
‘I don't believe you. We will run a DNA test. If he is mine truly..' He paused as he glared at her. ‘I will take him away from you and you will never set your eyes on him again. You disgust me.' He snarled at her. His heart ached and he rubbed at it.
‘You don't dare do that to me, Joe. It is not fair.' She stared at him in plain horror.
‘What is not fair is denying me my son for five good years. You are wicked.' He turned on his heels and strode towards the door. She ran after him. Elizabeth moved out of his way.
‘Don't do this to me, Joe. I didn't keep him from you intentionally. Please listen to me.' She pleaded desperately.
‘Stay away from me, Becky. I will use everything I have to fight for his custody if he is mine. I don't want to lay my eyes on you again.' He gave her a frosty look and walked out of their room.
She slid to the floor in a dead faint.

‘Doctor Williams, are you alright?' The voice seemed to come from far away. Her mind struggled to free her from the deep abyss of darkness she was in and her eyes fluttered open. It was Nurse Amina.
‘Where am I?' She tried to sit up but she held her down.
‘You are in your room. Your mum called me. Fortunately, I was close by. We were just thinking of taking you to the hospital now.' Three pairs of eye gazed down worriedly at her.
‘I'm fine. What happened to me?' She looked puzzled.
‘Joseph was here and you had an argument concerning Michael.' Elizabeth bit her lips nervously.
‘I remembered.' She sank back tiredly into the pillow and closed her eyes.
‘I need to talk to you privately.' Nurse Amina told her quietly.
‘Will she be alright?' Ruth stared down at her daughter with deep concern. Amina had a feeling she knew what she was about to discuss.
‘I'm fine, mum. I will join you in a moment.' Rebecca smiled up at her mother.
‘We will be in the sitting room.' Elizabeth took her mother's arm and stirred her out of the room.
She waited till they were out of the room and they have closed the door behind them.
‘Doctor Williams, I think you are pregnant.' Amina sat on the bed beside her.
‘That is not possible. I have been on birth control since I gave birth to Michael.' Rebecca sat upright in bed, abruptly. Her heart hammered with a painful thud in her chest. Don't let this happen to me, God. She prayed fervently in her mind.
‘Michael is nearly five years old. Did you check if it is still intact? It does expire you know.' Amina raised an eyebrow at her.
‘I didn't have any reason to worry about it until recently.' She muttered under her breath. Amina smiled in sympathy. ‘It was just once. Damn.' She hissed in frustration.
‘Once is enough, Doc Williams. We both know that.' Her smile turned amusing.
‘I will have to abort it. I don't need another child to complicate my life right now.' She decided immediately.
‘Do you really want to? You don't want to talk to the father.' She gave her a searching look.
‘He won't talk to me. It is complicated. You can't understand.' Rebecca covered her face as she burst into tears. Her shoulder shook with body-wracking sobs.
‘It will be alright.' She murmured as she hugged and rocked her gently.
‘Thank you. I will be alright.' She gave her a watery smile.
‘Please cheer up. I have to leave now. I am on duty this evening.' She glanced at her wrist-watch.
‘Thank you for coming. I appreciate it. Do extend my regards to your family.' She smiled at her as the other woman left the room.
Rebecca was curled up on the bed, staring at the window when Elizabeth came in with her dinner. She waved her away and the dinner grew cold as she kept her lonely vigil until dawn appeared in the sky.

For your affordable flight tickets for both local and international trips within and outside Nigeria, Kindly contact @ obolaji on twitter or send an email to obolaji2002@yahoo.com.
A personalized service is guarantee. Thank you.

11 Likes

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by kunbeex(f): 5:23pm On Jan 26, 2018
Thanks for the update.ure such a darling

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Jane1234f(f): 7:42pm On Jan 26, 2018
Joseph should take it easy

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by cerowo(f): 7:43pm On Jan 26, 2018
Wow.... It's getting more interesting. Tnks for the update
Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by divinehand2003(m): 8:16pm On Jan 26, 2018
Wow

I thought I had seen it all. This update blew my mind. It set the tone for another story. Nice.
Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Ibunkun1(m): 8:37pm On Jan 26, 2018
Ma'am.#respect.Thanks For being Consistent.

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by PortableGee(f): 11:01pm On Jan 26, 2018
Finally o.... smiley tnkx for d update

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by murphymakun(m): 9:37am On Jan 27, 2018
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by BOLAPE(f): 4:03pm On Jan 27, 2018
Joseph is hurt. He felt betrayed by her..
Jane1234f:
Joseph should take it easy
Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by BOLAPE(f): 4:04pm On Jan 27, 2018
I am glad you are enjoying it.
divinehand2003:
Wow

I thought I had seen it all. This update blew my mind. It set the tone for another story. Nice.
Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Ebigbola(f): 11:42pm On Jan 27, 2018
Wont lie sweet storyline. but when the update stays too Long one intend to forget some character.

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Jane1234f(f): 8:03am On Jan 28, 2018
BOLAPE:
Joseph is hurt. He felt betrayed by her..
I know but he should still take it easy for the sake of love, Becky is fragile I don't want her breaking down
Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Ibunkun1(m): 2:25pm On Jan 28, 2018
Jane1234f:
I know but he should still take it easy for the sake of love, Becky is fragile I don't want her breaking down
Hmm,it's Not That Easy.It's Even The love He Has For Her That Will Make It More Painful.But I Beleive He'll Come Around,If Bolape Finish This Story And It Does Not Involve Becky And Joe Marrying I Will Use SARS to carry her lol

2 Likes

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by BOLAPE(f): 8:07pm On Jan 30, 2018
CHAPTER 31

‘Ola mi, what are you going to do about the issue on the ground? He is locking everyone out. I can't even penetrate the wall he built around himself. He refused to talk to me.' Naomi faced her husband at the breakfast table. Olayemi sighed heavily.
‘I am worried, mum. He is not talking to me too. Becky has been here several times but he refused to see her. The poor woman is dying inside.' Titilola's voice was worried. She was also angry at her brother.
‘It is partly her fault. Why did she keep his son away from him?' Olayemi asked angrily. Naomi glared at him and he shut his mouth.
‘Naomi, I can't even reach him. He has decided to take on the project at Coker group in the U.K and he is out of the country at the moment.' He gave her an apologetic look.
‘He didn't even bother to tell me. What is wrong with this boy?' Naomi's jaw dropped in shock.
‘He is an adult. He is old enough to take certain decisions on his own. He will sort himself out eventually. I don't think we should interfere in what is not even our business.' He muttered to himself and tried not to squirm under the disapproving gaze of the two precious women in his life.
‘Mum, please give me permission to take two weeks off. I promise to find him and talk some sense into his head.' Titilola turned to Naomi as if her father was spouting rubbish.
‘Thank you, dear. I appreciate you. When do you want to leave?' Naomi's smile was full of gratitude.
‘Give me few days to tidy up my desk and I will be out of the country.' Titilola grinned at her.
Naomi came around the table and hugged her to the bosom. She placed a kiss on her forehead.
‘Don't sweat it, mum. He is my brother. I am off to the store.' Titi smiled as she pulled her seat back and took her plate to the kitchen.
‘Ease up, Ife mi. They will be fine.' Olayemi drew her unto his lap and hugged her tightly. She sighed audibly.
‘I am so worried about him, about her and I just wish I can knock their heads together so they will come to their senses.' She rubbed her cheek against his as he hugged her close.
‘They will be fine. Trust me.' He smiled at her.
Elizabeth snatched up her phone on the second ring and flipped the green button with her thumb.
‘Rose, how are you?' She was smiling.
‘I am in trouble. He has come to take Michael while I was away. What am I going to tell Becky?' Rose's distraught voice reached her ear.
‘I take it you mean Joseph right?' She asked for lack of something to say.
‘Who else am I talking about? He was so hostile, cold and angry when I spoke to him. He promised to return him if the kid is not his.' Rose wailed into the phone.
Elizabeth sighed heavily, rubbing her forehead wearily.
‘I never knew he was capable of such cold fury. The resemblance is so strong you can't even arrest him for kidnapping.'
‘That will make matter worst. I don't even want to go down that lane. Alex is blaming me for everything. He said Becky deserved what he got for denying him the right to his biological son. Men are pigs!' Her voice was full of disgust.
Elizabeth laughed, despite herself.
‘I will talk to his sister, Titilola. She is a very good friend of mine. Please try not to tell Becky anything for now. She is a shadow of herself. I think she is also expecting another baby but she refused to discuss it with anyone.'
‘Jesus!' Rose exclaimed. ‘I will start praying hard. I am going to mass this evening.' She added.
Elizabeth laughed again harder.
‘You are such a clown, Rose. I will talk to you later. My boss is glaring at me already.' She coughed lightly as she put an end to the call.
Damn, I have forgotten how cold this dreadful country could be. She thought angrily as she pulled the jacket close with her gloved hand and pressed down on the security bell.
‘Good morning miss. How may I help you?' A thick British accent voice asked gruffly. She knew she was being thoroughly scrutinized by a camera.
‘I came to visit my brother. My name is Titilola Coker. It is a surprise visit, so I don't want him to know I am here until I am on his doorstep.' She blew warm air into her gloved hand.
‘You are welcome, Miss Coker.' The door slides open and she stepped into the warm foyer.
She sighed with relief and the elderly security guard whose name tag was ‘Mark' smiled at her.
‘Cold morning, huh?' He grinned at her.
‘I don't like your country, Mr. Mark. It is too cold for my liking. Come down to Nigeria and experience all year round summer.' She flashed him an answering smile.
‘I wish to visit your country, even if it is just once in my lifetime.' He murmured wistfully. ‘Mr. Coker is in Apartment 10 on the 7th floor.' He smiled at her.
‘Thank you, Mr. Mark' She went into the elevator and pressed the 7th-floor button.
‘Who is it?' A childish voice answered a few moments later when she pressed the bell. She saw his eyes through the peephole before a shriek followed.
‘Aunt Lola!' Michael flew into her arms immediately he threw the door opened.
‘I miss you, cupcake. How have you been?' She hugged him tight and kissed his cheek.
‘I miss you too. How is my mum? I miss her.' He grinned at her.
‘I am sure your mum misses you too.' She put him down as she cocked an accusing brow at her brother who stood a few feet away from them with a frown.
‘How did you find me?' His voice was unwelcoming.
‘I was born and bred in this country, Opemiposi. I know the nooks and cronies of this city and finding you is quite easy. How are you, brother?' She went to kiss his cheek.
‘Aunt Titi, come and have breakfast. I am having Toast and bacon.' Michael told her as he went back to his breakfast.
‘I will join you soon. I need to talk to my brother.' She smiled at him.
‘Michael, take your breakfast to the room. I will join you soon to play a game.' Joseph smiled at her.
The little boy obeyed without another word.
‘Why are you here?' His voice wasn't friendly.
‘Let's cut the crap, brother. Do two wrongs make a right? Why did you kidnap the little boy? Why did you separate him from his mother?' She rocked on her heels as she stared frostily at him.
‘This is none of your business. You have no right to interfere. Secondly, he is already away from his mother on vacation, so I didn't separate him from his mother.' He told her coldly.
‘He has no business being here with you. He is supposed to be with Rose and Caitlin. You also told his mother she won't be seeing him if he is yours. Is he?' She cocked her head to a side.
‘Yes, he is mine. I didn't make an idle threat. I have a right to the number of years his mother deprived me of his childhood.' He snapped at her.
‘That means you want to punish the innocent little boy for what his mother did, right? You know he is missing her already. Is that the only way to solve this?' she asked pointedly.
‘Go away. This is none of your business.' He glared at her, even as guilty conscience stabbed at him.
‘That woman is suffering, Opemiposi. Please give her a chance to explain and find it in your heart to forgive. She went through hell in her first marriage. Must you put her through this too?' She appealed to his conscience.
‘Stop talking as if I am the one at fault.' He stormed away from her and came to a standstill when he saw Michael standing a few feet away from them.
‘Are you my real dad?' He raised innocent eyes to him.
‘Damn!' Joseph looked at Titilola for help. She rolled her eyes skyward and covered the distance between them.
‘Yes, cupcake. He is your real dad. Will you like to confirm from your mum?' She drew him into his embrace but his eyes were on Joseph.
‘I thought my real dad is in jail.' Oh God! This boy knows too much, she thought forlornly.
‘Let's talk to your mum instead.' She sat on the warm rug and pulled him unto her lap as she video called Rebecca.
‘Hi, mummy. I miss you.' Michael grinned into the camera.
‘I miss you too, darling. How are you? Where are you?' Rebecca's voice cracked with tears but she was smiling. Joseph walked away from them, pacing the room restlessly.
‘I am with Uncle Joe. Aunt Titi is here.'
‘Hello, Doctor Williams.' She smiled into the camera. They have become good friends during her frequent visits to their home to look for Joseph.
‘I will punch you from here, Titi.' She made a fist into the camera. They all laughed.
‘You look pale, Becky. Are you alright?'
‘I am fine. Thank you for this. I appreciate you.'
‘You are welcome.'
‘Mum, is Uncle Joe my real dad?' Michael asked quietly.
Rebecca visibly inhaled and breathed out slowly. Titi's heart went out to her.
‘Yes, love. He is your real dad.'
‘That is so cool.' He grinned excitedly. ‘But who is my dad in the jail?' he asked with a frown.
‘It is complicated, love. I used to know Joseph before I got married to the dad in jail. I find out I was pregnant after marriage. By then, I and Joseph didn't see each other any longer until now.' She smiled at him.
‘Okay, mum. I don't like my other dad anyway. Uncle Joe is cool. Bye, mum. I love you' He scrambled off Titi's Laps and went to hug Joseph.
‘I love you too, son.' She murmured.
‘Everything will be alright, Becky.' Titi smiled at her.
‘I hope so. I don't know why I am so weepy these days.' She sniffed as tears filled her eyes.
She covered her mouth as she coughed discreetly.
‘Go away, Titi.' She went offline. She laughed heartily as she looked up to see her brother standing a few feet away.
‘What is wrong with her?' He asked with concern.
‘Have you lost her number? Shift,please. I want to eat. I am hungry.' She walked away to the kitchen.
He stared after her in exasperation.
Joseph got to Nigeria the previous night on British Airways flight and resumed in the Lagos office the following morning. He had every intention of catching Overland last minute flight to Ilorin that evening.
He spent the morning in meeting with the heads of department and started working on his reports for the board at noon.
He was halfway through when his door opened and Barbara walked in.
He groaned inwardly and sat back with a frown.
‘Where is my secretary?' His voice was harsh but he tried to soften it with a half smile.
‘I guess she went for lunch. I didn't call because you weren't picking my calls. What is happening to us, Joseph?' She asked with a worried frown as she came around the desk to stand in front of him.
He sighed heavily.
‘I have nothing to offer you, Babs. My heart belonged to another woman and I just find out she has a kid for me.' He flipped his phone and showed her Michael's picture.
‘He is adorable. He is also your spitting image.' Her lips curved up sadly as she stared at the image of the grinning boy. A lone tear rolled down her flawless cheek and she flicked it away with a painted nail.
‘I am sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you.' He got to his feet and drew her into his embrace.
‘I should have seen it coming. All the signs were there but I didn't listen to my head.' She sobbed quietly as she clung to him. ‘I was just a pastime to you, right?' she murmured.
She was right but he didn't answer as he patted her back gently, even as he glanced at his wristwatch impatiently behind her back.
‘I wish you the best. I hope you keep in contact?' It was a question as she drew back to cup his cheek.
‘Sure, I will.' He lied with a smile.
‘Thank you.' She kissed him on the mouth with a passion which reminded him of the reason he was attracted to her in the first place.
The door opened. Rebecca walked in and their eyes met across the distance.
‘I am in trouble.' He whispered as he pulled himself away from the kiss with more force than was necessary.
‘Excuse me. No one was at the front desk. I am sorry for intruding.' Rebecca inclined her head and withdrew from the room, closing the door behind her.
‘Becky, wait!' He ran to the door but Barbara pulled him back.
‘Is she the one?' Her voice was cold.
‘Yes, she is. Get the hell out of my life please.' He stated sharply as he pulled away and hurried out of the office.

For your affordable flight tickets for both local and international trips within and outside Nigeria, Kindly contact @obolaji on twitter or send an email to obolaji2002@yahoo.com.
A personalized service is a guarantee. Thank you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by aprilwise(m): 8:24pm On Jan 30, 2018
Complication and implication for joseph. thanks for the update. Always on point.

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Ibunkun1(m): 9:09pm On Jan 30, 2018
Heheheheee,nice One It's Time For Becky To Do Her Own Fronting.Thanks For The update ma'am.#Respect

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by DemiKOL(f): 9:30pm On Jan 30, 2018
Awwnn........
Thanks for the update!
Next update........

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

<<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.