Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji (127604 Views)

Twist Of Fate. / Twist Of Hope(a Must Read Story) / Twist Of Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by izzybobo49(m): 7:16pm On Dec 26, 2017
nice update ma'am. keep it rolling i'm enjoying ya'

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by heemah(f): 7:28pm On Dec 26, 2017
Lizzy won't stop amusing me Sha.. When will she get over this childhood fantasy of hers??
Thanks for the update Ma'am

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by waliyarh01(f): 10:05pm On Dec 26, 2017
Which kin kid be dx now ehn, pls, do becky jejely when the cat will be lets out of the bag o
E jor o
Thank you ma'am for not disappointing us even in this trying moment for you.
May Almighty Allah bless you abundantly.

2 Likes

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Ibunkun1(m): 11:53pm On Dec 26, 2017
Thanks For The Update.I'm Trying To Imagine Joseph's Reaction When He Realises That Becky's kid Is His.Hehehee

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by herosakin777(m): 11:23am On Dec 27, 2017
nice box waiting for more .....more grace to u

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by LadyVv(f): 12:12pm On Dec 28, 2017
Now this is wow! More inspiration dearie I love this

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by irenosen22(f): 10:08pm On Dec 29, 2017
elizabeth shud plz chill jor.she is jt her own problem.
thanks for the update.hapi new yr in advance

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Ebigbola(f): 8:30am On Dec 30, 2017
please how many times a week or month do u drop ur update. to avoid me checking every seconds. thanks. this story is killing.....

4 Likes

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 02, 2018
The story has been fascinating & interesting.can't just take my mind of it.You are actually doing a great& wonderful job.But could u pls update to give us something for new year.Am patiently waiting for that. Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by BOLAPE(f): 11:23am On Jan 04, 2018
TWIST OF FATE: #27

‘What is the problem, Lizzy?' Joseph sat up, making no attempt to cover his nudity.
‘You, dog! You have the audacity to sleep with my sister! You are so full of shit.' She glared down at him with contempt.
‘Lizzy, calm down. I know you think you are in love with Joseph but…' Rebecca stopped abruptly when her sister gave her a resounding slap on her face.
‘You know I love him. Damn you, bitch. You couldn't stand him when he was a mere driver. Hell, you warn me away from him. Now you are spreading your thighs for him because he is rich. You are disgusting!' Elizabeth spat into her face, even as tears blurred her vision.
Rebecca flinched and shrank back.
Joseph dragged Elizabeth by the front of her t-shirt and pulled her up until she could see the pupils of his eyes. Fear clogged her throat as she whimpered. She had never seen him so angry.
‘Thank your stars I don't raise my hands to women. If I do, I would have beaten the hell out of you. If you ever raise your hand to Becky again, I will put you on my thighs and spank your bum until they are sore. What the hell do you think you are doing? What right do you have over me?' He paused and she nodded numbly. ‘You are not my type. I can never sleep with you, talk less of dating or marrying you. I love your sister and I am going to marry her. Is that clear?' She gasped at that.
‘Let her go please.' Rebecca said in a dull voice. She tugged ineffectually on Joseph's arms but it was as rigid as an iron.
‘Get out, spoilt bitch. I don't ever want to see your ugly face again in my life.' He dropped her abruptly and she stumbled backward.
‘I hate you, Becky. I will never forgive you for this.' She glared at her sister before she turned around and walked out of the house. The door slammed behind her. Rebecca flinched.
Joseph dressed up in silence and picked up his car key.
‘So she doesn't know we had an affair before you got married?' He asked curiously.
‘Don't even go there. Am I supposed to be proud of being attracted to another man when I was engaged to be married?' She glared coldly at him. He nodded his understanding.
‘I will bring the kids back tomorrow evening.' He told her on his way to the door.
‘Don't worry. I will come and pick them up.' She told him flippantly. He turned around to face her.
‘Becky, I don't know what is going through your mind now. I have never slept with your sister neither have I given her the impression I am interested in her. I have lost you once. I won't allow it to happen again because of one spoilt kid's misplaced sense of entitlement.' He said through gritted teeth.
‘Damn you, Joseph. She is my only sister. She has sold her body to feed this family when the going was tough. I won't allow you to come between us. I won't.' She glared angrily at him. He exhaled sharply.
‘Becky, I'm sorry you are hurt. We will discuss this another time.' He turned on his heels.
‘There is nothing to discuss. Just go away.' She waved him away.
‘I'm going but I will be back.' He walked out the door. The door slammed for the second time and she winced again.

‘Your brother is an asshole, Titi.' Elizabeth told her bitterly.
They are both sitting on the swimming pool terrace of Whitefield hotels, seeping from a glass of tequila. They had spent the past few minutes swimming and their skin glistened with water.
‘You aren't a saint either. What did he do this time around?' Titi cocked an eyebrow at her.
She exhaled slowly as her hands shook and she put down the glass cup on the stool between them.
‘Was it that bad?'
‘He slept with my sister right inside our sitting room.' She hissed sharply.
‘Oh? Your sister is Becky, right?' She hides a smile behind her glass cup.
‘You don't sound surprised.' Elizabeth's eyes narrowed at her suspiciously.
‘Tell me exactly what happened.' She did. Tears licked from the side of her eyes and she dashed it away with her fingers.
‘I'm sorry you are hurt, Lizzy.' Titilola swung her legs and faced her. She nodded sharply.
‘Thank you.' She murmured.
‘I have something I need to show you.' Titilola brought out her phone, flicked through her gallery and handed it to her. ‘That is my brother and your nephew. Tell me your honest opinion.' She added softly.
‘Oh Lord of mercy! I don't want to believe this.' Elizabeth's eyes blurred and she felt faint. ‘How can Becky do this to me? I feel like a fool.' She murmured to herself as more tears fell.
‘Come off it, Lizzy. You had a huge crush on him, partly because you knew you can't have him but you don't love him. If you do, you won't be right here with me.' Titilola looked her straight in the eyes. Her gaze faltered and dropped away.
‘You know I am right. Give your sister a chance at happiness. She deserved it. If you truly love her the way you claim, you will give her all the support she needs.'' She took her hand in hers and rubbed it gently.
‘You made me feel like an unfeeling idiot.' She mumbled under her breath.
‘No, you are not unfeeling. You are a beautiful smart woman. You aim for your goal, irrespective of the obstacles and I admire that about you. Let him go into your heart so you will have the chance to meet and love your own man when he comes. Now give me that dazzling smile.' Titilola grinned at her and she found herself returning her smile.
‘You are a badass gel, I swear' Elizabeth grinned at her.
‘Let's get drunk and have some fun.' Titi winked at her. She laughed heartily.

They were checking out of the hotel when someone called her name from behind. She froze before turning around like a zombie.
‘Good afternoon Mr. Wright.' Her smile was over-bright. Kingsley frowned at her. He couldn't remember the last time she had referred to him by his surname.
‘What are you doing here?' He frowned at her as before he glanced at his wristwatch. ‘I will see you later. I have an appointment now.' He hurried away.
‘Thank God.' Titilola's body sagged with relief.
‘Who is he?' Elizabeth asked curiously.
‘He is my boss. Let's get out of here before we meet someone else.' She took her arm and hurried out.

‘The kids are fine, Rose. Caitlin is doing wonderfully well. Her new crush is Olatunji Coker, Joseph's nephew.' Rebecca was smiling as she kicked off her flat shoe. She just had a break and was cooling her feet from the hospital morning round.
‘I guess Tunji is close to her age then?' Rose rolled her eyes in exasperation.
‘You are right plus he is like a younger version of Joseph. The Coker's gene is quite a strong one.' She chuckled in amusement.
‘Just the way Michael is the mini version.' Rose blurted out. The sentence hung thick on the line.
‘What are you insinuating, Rose?' Rebecca sat upright in her seat.
‘Tell him the truth, Becky. He has a right to know before it is too late. I don't want you to lose him again.' Rose said worriedly.
‘He doesn't belong to me in the first place. I don't know the history he had with Elizabeth but he has caused a rift between us. Lizzy is my only sister. He belongs to whoever he belongs to.' Rebecca's voice was cold.
‘Elizabeth told me her version of what happened. Becky, we both know Lizzy is an incorrigible flirt. She has a weakness for good-looking men. We both love her but we shouldn't be blind to her fault.' Rose said in a firm voice which made her frown.
‘I will tell him at the first opportunity.' Becky sighed.
‘Thank you. I love you. Talk to you later.' Rose blew her a kiss before she put an end to the call.

She has just finished attending to her walk-in patient and was about to go for her evening ward round when her office door opened. Elizabeth walked in.
‘I thought you have returned to Lagos.' Rebecca watched her sister closely. Elizabeth hasn't returned home since that day.
‘Yes, you are right but I am back again. Are you busy?' She looked at the lab coat, draped over her arm.
‘No, there is no emergency. I am just going on Ward round. How are you?' Rebecca sat down behind her desk.
‘I am okay. I thought we are more than sisters, we should be best of friends. You seem to trust Rose more than you trusted me.' Elizabeth leveled accusing eyes at her.
‘I'm sorry, Lizzy. It doesn't seem the way you think. I know you were attracted to Joseph back then but I thought it was just your usual crush and you have gotten over it. You stopped talking about him after sometimes.' Rebecca looked at her for confirmation.
‘That was because he won't give me a chance.' She shrugged ruefully.
‘Well, I was in a relationship with Ramsey but I was attracted to Joseph. I was ashamed of myself. In desperation, I asked him to marry me on my wedding eve but he refused.' She stared down at her fingers, feeling ashamed all over again.
‘Is Michael Joseph's son?' Rebecca's head snapped up at the question and she was surprised to see a malicious smile dancing on her sister's lips. ‘Please tell me Joseph is the father. I prefer him to that scumbag you married.'
‘You are such a crook, Lizzy.' She laughed heartily. ‘I have not done any DNA test to confirm his paternity but judging by the striking resemblance, I think Joseph is the father.' She added thoughtfully.
‘I don't know how I ever missed that resemblance. Joseph is a great guy.' Elizabeth sighed with envy. ‘Do you love him?' She asked after a moment.
‘I can learn to love him but for now, I find it difficult to allow any man into my heart. He is the only man I have been physically attracted to.' She shrugged ruefully.
‘Come to think of it, he couldn't stand my sight before you come into the country. All of a sudden, he started paying attention and looking out for me because he was attracted to my big sister.' She murmured to herself before looking up at her sister. ‘Is he good in bed?' She added in a stage whisper.
‘Get out of my office. I have patients to attend to. You are not serious.' She got to her feet with an embarrassed laugh.
‘Don't be a spoilsport. I know you have had sex with just two men in your life. In terms of body wracking orgasm, who gave you the best between the two?' Elizabeth blocked her path with twinkling eyes.
‘To be honest, Joseph gave me my first orgasm even without penetration. You can imagine what the sex would be like.' Rebecca met her gaze.
‘Explosive!' Elizabeth breathed. ‘I can just imagine. He is not escaping this family. I swear.' She pretended to hyperventilate as she clutched at her chest.
‘You are not serious. He can decide to settle down with someone else if he likes, it is his choice. I am sure he has a steady girlfriend before we met again.' Rebecca teased lightly, even as her heart tightened at the thought.
Elizabeth remembered Barbara and her lips tightened with displeasure.
‘No, I don't think so. He has done too much for this family to leave now.' She shook her head in denial, then her eyes widened as she observed Rebecca's narrowed gaze.
‘What exactly has he done for this family, Lizzy?' Rebecca spaced her words carefully.
‘That was not what I meant. I mean….' Her mind raced frantically as she thought of what to tell her sister. You are such a loose mouth, Lizzy. She chastised herself.
‘Elizabeth! Start talking. Now.' Rebecca said sharply.
‘Well, I work with the Coker Automobile in Lagos. He was the one who used his father's influence to get you an appointment with UITH.' She straightened up and looked squarely at her sister.
‘I see. Was Rose aware of this?' Rebecca's mouth tightened with displeasure as something else took root in her mind.
‘No, she is not.' Elizabeth lied smoothly. ‘But why are you angry, Becky?' She asked in a puzzled voice.
‘Do I look like I am angry?' Rebecca's voice was cold.
‘It is obvious you are angry. Would you rather I continue selling my body to feed the family than to get a decent job through an old friend? I kept it away from you because I knew you will react this way.'
‘Shut it, Lizzy. I am not a charity case to anyone neither do I need a knight in shining armor in my life.' She glared at her sister.
‘It is your cup of tea, Becky. I am not going to resign because of your misplaced ego. You can decide to resign and starve the poor kid. If he has looked at me just once and see me as a woman, I would gladly die at his feet.' She gave her a pitying look.
‘Get out, Lizzy, before we both say something we will both regret.' Rebecca's voice was rigidly controlled.
Elizabeth picked up her handbag and walked out of her voice. Rebecca exhaled sharply but she couldn't keep her temper down.

For your online courses at affodable prices, kindly check https://www.sprintzeal.com/all-courses?course-id=&type=2&affiliate-id=9580929242&referred-by=Sprintzeal

Cheers!

5 Likes

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by BOLAPE(f): 11:29am On Jan 04, 2018
Hello Guys,

Happy New Year to you all!

2017 has been a year full of challenges for me. I have experienced bone-deep fear with my son's recurring illness and i also lost my job but I still thank God for His mercy, favour and protection and for giving me the grace to make it into 2018.

I am filled with Hope. I know that 2018 will be a great year for us all. May all our dreams and aspirations comes through, may our secret tears be wiped and may we triumph over our obstacles.

Once again, i wish you a prosperous New Year ahead!

Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by DemiKOL(f): 12:15pm On Jan 04, 2018
I wish you the same. and
thanks for the update! cool

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Gloryejims(f): 12:59pm On Jan 04, 2018
Keep it up op, you're doing a good job on this piece...
Becca pls don't let Joseph slip away just like that...

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by aprilwise(m): 6:15pm On Jan 04, 2018
It getting more interesting in every episode. thanks.

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Jane1234f(f): 6:32pm On Jan 04, 2018
BOLAPE:
Hello Guys,

Happy New Year to you all!

2017 has been a year full of challenges for me. I have experienced bone-deep fear with my son's recurring illness and i also lost my job but I still thank God for His mercy, favour and protection and for giving me the grace to make it into 2018.

I am filled with Hope. I know that 2018 will be a great year for us all. May all our dreams and aspirations comes through, may our secret tears be wiped and may we triumph over our obstacles.

Once again, i wish you a prosperous New Year ahead!

Cheers!
It is well dear,2018 will be great for us all...Happy new year to you too

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Dimay(m): 11:13am On Jan 07, 2018
U knw,u're one of d reason i joined NL,so cum and update am addicted 2 dis story
and pls guys am new here

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by BOLAPE(f): 11:20am On Jan 08, 2018
You are welcome to Nairaland.

Stay clue to this thread! You won't get bored.

Enjoy your stay!
Dimay:
U knw,u're one of d reason i joined NL,so cum and update am addicted 2 dis story
and pls guys am new here
Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by YINKS89(m): 3:29pm On Jan 08, 2018
Bolape please am hungry.. Gv us smfin to eat.

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Ebigbola(f): 9:12pm On Jan 10, 2018
no update yet haba .... all we are saying give us update

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Kunzu(m): 11:21pm On Jan 10, 2018
Mama, whr are u oo.This update is slow oo

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by BOLAPE(f): 11:31am On Jan 11, 2018
TWIST OF FATE: #28

Rose was sleeping when her phone rang sharply. She groped for it on the bedside table, cracked open an eyelid to look at the caller ID, wondering if it is someone she could ignore.
‘Hi, Becky. Is everything alright?' Her voice was husky with sleep.
‘Are you sleeping, Rose?' Rebecca tried to keep her temper down.
‘It is okay. Is Caitlin alright?' She sat up in bed, holding the duvet to her chest.
‘Caitlin is alright. I'm sorry to wake you up but I need to confirm something from you. Is Joseph responsible for sponsoring our trip for your wedding?' She blurted out sharply.
Rose glanced at her husband who was sleeping beside her and snug out of bed, pulling the duvet with her. The momentary silence gave Rebecca all the answer she needed.
‘Rose, are you there?' Rebecca asked impatiently. Rose shut the bathroom door behind her.
‘Yes, I am here. To answer your question, he is the one who foots the expenses and he is the one who got your husband's address in Houston. He is also responsible for quite a number of things in your life.' Rose confirmed in a firm casual voice.
‘I am aware he has been our knight in shining armor rising to my family's rescue.' Rebecca's voice was hurt and bitter. Rose inhaled softly.
‘Well, you can choose to indulge in self-pity because a very rich good-looking man decided to step in and assist the woman he was in love with.'
‘Don't you dare use that patronizing tone with me, Rose. You have no right to keep such information away from me. It is not fair.' Rebecca snapped at her coldly.
‘We kept it away from you because I know you will act like a child and react precisely the way you are reacting now. Grow up, babe. Count yourself lucky. Your dumbass husband left you high and dry. Do you want to continue rotting in poverty?' Rose snapped back.
‘That doesn't justify the fact that you guys were interfering in my life behind my back. I do not appreciate it at all. You won't if you were in my shoes.' Her voice had mellowed down considerably.
‘Call me back when you have crawled out of your self-pitying hole, Becky. I love you.' She put an end to the call before she could respond and put a call to Joseph's private line afterward.
She was ending the call when she noted her husband standing in the doorway. She cocked a brow at him.
‘Well done, madam. I knew this would backfire one day. I don't want to run up against your conniving scheming mind anytime soon, dear wife.' Alex's voice was full of admiration.
‘Get out of my way.' She made to sidle past him but he pulled the duvet from her body and pulled her naked body into his arms.
‘You sure handled your friend.' He grinned down at her upturned face.
‘I just love her. She has a stubborn streak in her.' Rose sighed worriedly.
‘No wonder you guys are such good friends.' He rubbed his lips against hers and she wrapped her legs around his waist.
It was a long morning.
Rebecca dragged herself up the staircase, weary both in mind and body. She was still wondering how she would handle all the information she had to learned today as she opened the door and walked in.
Joseph was in the sitting room with Elizabeth and her mother. She stood still in shock but it was only her mother who glanced her way.
‘You are welcome, dear. How was your day?' Her smile was strained. Rebecca frowned in concern.
‘I'm fine. Where are the kids?' She moved to sit opposite them.
‘They are sleeping already. By the way, Caitlin wants to stay in Nigeria permanently.' Ruth grinned at her.
‘Her sister will have my head.' Rebecca's voice was tired. Joseph stared at her.
‘She can stay with you if you and Joseph decided to get married.' Elizabeth grinned at her. Rebecca glared at her sister while Joseph ducked his head, hiding a grin.
‘That is not funny. I am not even in the mood to talk to you.' Rebecca's voice was cold.
‘Shield your claws, kittens. We have a more pressing issue on ground. Our family lawyer, Emeka Daniels is dead. He was killed by a hired assassin.' Ruth dropped the information solemnly.
‘May his departed soul rest in peace. How does the information impact our life, mum?' Rebecca's voice was brisk. Elizabeth blinked in surprise.
‘Ramsey is back in town, Becky and he is not here for a family reunion.' Joseph told her quietly. Her heart missed a beat.
‘How did you know that?' He gave her a bland look and she swallowed hard. ‘What is going on?' She met his gaze.
‘Ramsey and Emeka were both responsible for your father's death. His sudden death is not a coincidence. Ramsey is a wanted criminal in Houston.'
‘No wonder he was always supporting Ramsey back then. The asshole!' Rebecca swore coldly.
‘Are the kids safe here? Joseph, I am quite sure he knows you are responsible for tracking him down. He will do anything to get to you or to Rebecca.' Ruth said worriedly.
‘I can get them over to the Coker's house. There is maximum security there and I can ask mum to stay with them until it is over. That is if you are okay with it, Becky.' Joseph looked at her for confirmation. She nodded numbly.
‘I can get them out of the country but I don't want to leave until he is safely behind the bar.' He added with barely concealed anger.
‘Thank you, Joseph. God bless you for me.' Ruth picked up his palm and patted it between her weathered one.
‘I will take my leave now. Lizzy, get your butt back to Lagos tomorrow morning.' Joseph told her as he got to his feet.
‘Yes, sir.' She winked at him.
‘Please keep your phone close to you at all times, Mrs. Badmus. Try not to be in this house alone at any point in time. Good night.' He curtseyed briefly, turned on his heels and walked out.
‘Wait, Joseph. I want to talk to you.' He was half-way down the staircase before Rebecca's voice stopped him. He paused and turned to face her in the dim yellow light. He watched her come down the staircase until she was a step above him and they were on eye level.
‘I want to thank you for flushing Ramsey out this way.' She paused and took a deep breath. ‘It must have cost you a fortune for the investigation and for everything.' Her lips tightened grimly.
‘You would rather slap me for interfering, right?' He stared into her eyes and she dropped her gaze. ‘Becky, I am not going to apologize for everything I have done. I will do it all over again if it makes life easier for you either you want it or not.' He told her with a smile.
‘You should have at least let me know.' Her voice came out sulky, instead of sharply as she had intended. He laughed softly as he cupped her cheek.
‘Ramsey is dangerous. He will come after you, Becky. I can move you and your mum over to Coker's house. You will be safe there.' He murmured against her lips. She stiffened and moved back.
‘I won't live my life that way, Joe. I need to face that idiot on my own ground. He has done enough damage in my life. I won't give him that kind of power over my life again.' She said solemnly. He sighed.
‘I know you won't agree. It is just a suggestion. I will pick the kids from school tomorrow and take them to the Coker house. Mum will stay with them.'
‘Thank you. I appreciate your assistance so much.'
‘You are welcome.' He pulled her into his arms and kissed her until she forgot about her environment. Her arms went around his neck and she clung to him, moaning deep in her throat.
‘Getting married is not going to be a bad idea, you know?' He teased in a husky voice.
‘I won't accept a proposal on a dark staircase,please. That reminds me. There is something I need to discuss with you.' She cleared her voice with a light cough.
‘It is late, Becky. You are tired. Go and in and relax. We will talk later.' He turned her around and patted her bum, playfully.
‘Go away.' She batted his hand away but she was smiling as she walked into the house.
‘So are you in the mood to talk to me now?' Elizabeth teased as she walked in.
‘Mum, please warn your daughter to leave me in peace or else she will get a serious beating this evening.' Rebecca tried without success to keep from smiling.
‘Hmm. Someone is in a good mood because they just get thoroughly kissed.' Elizabeth rolled her eyes skyward and followed her into her room, despite her glare.

‘What were you doing in that hotel, Titi? Who was the lady with you?' Kingsley asked casually as he waited for her to shut down her system for the night. He had made it a habit to wait for her every evening to make sure she went home on time.
‘We went for a swim and to catch up on each other's lives. She is my friend.' She lifted her bag and inclined her head, indicating she was ready to leave.
‘I see. I have this weird feeling about the two of you. It is rare to see two women checking out of a hotel room at the same time.' His voice trailed off as he pulled her door closed behind her and looked around casually as they moved through the empty store.
‘What kind of feeling?' Her voice was challenging as she spared him a cold smile.
‘Titi, are you into women?' He stopped to face her squarely.
‘What if I am?' She looked down her nose at him.
‘That will be too bad because I am really into you. I like your personality and admire your mind. I would want the chance to know if we can have a committed relationship between us.' He stepped closer to her.
Her jaw dropped in surprise.
‘Ah! I am a very weird woman, Kings. I think you should look for another woman to engage in a steady relationship.' There was real panic in her eyes as she stepped back hastily.
‘Calm down, Titi. I won't do anything to harm you. Do you like me? Are you comfortable with me as a man?' He took her hand gently in his and rubbed the cold palm within his own.
‘You are good looking. I like your person but I don't think I am ready for a relationship.' She flexed her palm, looking everywhere except his face.
‘We will take it at your pace then. Give me a chance and I promise I am not going to disappoint you.' He tipped her chin up to meet his gaze.
‘Kings, I am going to disappoint you. I really don't want to spoil our fragile friendship. I am..was a lesbian and I am still in therapy.' She looked miserable as she looked into his eyes.
He pulled her into his arms and hugged her closely. She stiffened at first before she gradually relaxed and hugged him back.
‘Give us a chance, Titi. You will be fine.' He drew back and touched her cheek lightly.
‘Thank you for not judging me.' She smiled at him and squeezed his hand.
‘I am not a saint. No one is perfect.' He shrugged as he put his arm casually around her shoulder as they walked out of the store.

Joseph was in the middle of a meeting when his phone beeped a message. He checked the message and his blood seemed to freeze in his vein.
He murmured a hasty ‘Excuse me' to the room in general and rushed out of the boardroom. Afolake and Olayemi's worried gazes followed him out of the room but none of them stood up from their seats.
Joseph tried Rebecca's number as he ran to the elevators but it was switched off. He swore and headed for the staircase. Fear pumped adrenalin into his blood and he got to the ground floor without gasping for breath.
One of the security men ran to open the car door for him but he waved him away.
‘Go and open the damn gate fast.' He growled at him as he jumped into his car and gunned it into reverse.
‘Yes, sir.' The security guy ran to do as he was ordered. The gate had barely slid open before Joseph shot through it and drove like someone who was pursued by the devil.

Rebecca's shift ended that afternoon. She had promised Joseph to check on the kids that afternoon but her phone battery was dead. She was tired and famished. She had forgotten it in her handbag.
She decided at the last moment to go home and charge it with a generator. She would refuel and go visiting towards evening time. She missed the kids desperately.
There was no light at home as she had expected. The curse of this dreadful country we live in, she thought as she dropped her handbag in the sitting room and headed for the kitchen.
She slowed down immediately she walked in. She turned around in a circle as she had a feeling something was not quite right. Nothing was amiss, at least not at a glance.
She was heading for the balcony to put on the generator when she heard a rustle behind her. She swirled around and gasped when her husband straightened up.
‘Hi, Becky.' He smiled at her as he leaned against her cooker. Her lips tightened with grimness as she noted that he looked good.
Bastard! He has finished spending my father's money, she fumed inwardly.
‘Hello, Ramsey.' Her voice was hostile.

For your affordable online courses and to study at your own pace, kindly check https://www.sprintzeal.com/all-courses?course-id=&type=2&affiliate-id=9580929242&referred-by=Sprintzeal

Cheers!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by YINKS89(m): 1:23pm On Jan 11, 2018
Dis is a nice story no doubt Ts really a twisted fate.

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 11, 2018
Thanks for the update.waiting for more

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Jane1234f(f): 5:14pm On Jan 11, 2018
This is wow.....thank you

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Serafeal(f): 5:24pm On Jan 11, 2018
Atlast m here...Kudos 2 u@ BOLAPE...patiently waitin 4 updates o

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by aprilwise(m): 5:42pm On Jan 11, 2018
This story is wow.

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by DemiKOL(f): 6:48pm On Jan 11, 2018
Thanks for the update ma'am.
More grace!

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Bestie93(m): 7:02pm On Jan 11, 2018
Kai!!! What a super update.

Tnx a lot kiss

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by PricelessCharm(f): 9:48pm On Jan 11, 2018
At last. Thanks and more update, pls

1 Like

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by murphymakun(m): 10:02pm On Jan 11, 2018
Thanks for the update.

2 Likes

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Jane1234f(f): 8:36pm On Jan 17, 2018
We are waiting for update ma'am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TWIST OF FATE By Olanrewaju Mobolaji by Eddyella(f): 1:44am On Jan 18, 2018
Update pls...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

<<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> / Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.