Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,618 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment (21406 Views)

Bala Mohammed Authorises The Use Of Chloroquine For Treatment Of Coronavirus / US Approves Chloroquine For Treating Coronavirus / Health Minister, Adewole Celebrates World Malaria Day (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by bigtt76(f): 3:18pm On Apr 26, 2017
This should have been long ago naaaaa angry wonder who still uses it undecided
Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 26, 2017
I though it has already been phased out?
Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by nuesmann(m): 3:31pm On Apr 26, 2017
yourexcellency:
Health Minister that doesn't know what is wrong with Buhari's health.. that one na Health Minister abi suegbe?
/_(in fela voice,/)NA SUEGBE O
Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by Icon79(m): 3:33pm On Apr 26, 2017
Almost a whole page of ranting nonsense without addressing/answering the obvious question: what exactly is the problem with using Chloroquine for Malaria treatment?

Naija journos, na wa for una o.

O pari
Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by goldedprince: 3:34pm On Apr 26, 2017
flyca:
Oga minister mbanu, don't shift goal posts now angry

Not after I don swallow the thing finish. 4 horrible, smelly tabs, plus piriton, plus B-Co. Then the itchy nights cry Chai!

No!, all kids must take it o, so that they will learn to respect elders cool

As my mum says when arranging those tabs, "Its part of growing up" grin
lol, you sabi the combo. that combo deal with me no be small. i still have the scratch scars till now

1 Like

Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by maclatunji: 3:35pm On Apr 26, 2017
Sanchez01:

How interesting! You resort to name calling when you clearly can't prove your assertion. There are more stupid folks on cyberspace, really.

Do I need to wait three and half years, out of four, just so to prove this government is up to nothing For you who has chosen to remain positive, I ask again that you provide a link to prove that Prof. Isaac Adewole indeed performed a surgery as the Health Minister and you rebutted with the same, predictable, shallow minded name branding. I strongly believe we know who the clueless one is between us. Again, provide a link!

I can prove my assertion but I will not. The fact is a fact whether or not I provide the link. I just wanted to expose your folly in trying to run your country down with ignorance.

#Shame #Shame #Shame
Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by silentdomain(m): 3:44pm On Apr 26, 2017
No drug can treat malaria like chloroquine. Cheap, quick, efficient, durable. Malaria flee at it's sight. I get de itches, but use it wen all odas bowed out.
Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by Sanchez01: 3:55pm On Apr 26, 2017
maclatunji:

I can prove my assertion but I will not. The fact is a fact whether or not I provide the link. I just wanted to expose your folly in trying to run your country down with ignorance.

#Shame #Shame #Shame
You know, you could shut me up once and for all rather than dilly-dallying in this shameless manner. I'm sure you have taken to Google to check, found nothing, then return just so you don't look stupid. Truth is, you've never looked more stupid since this back and forth began. I don't need you to prove something that never happened or existed. The country is already down as it stands, and there is no honour in beating someone who has already fallen. We can only pray that Nigeria get it someday, not with the long-necked, President we have. Until then, I refuse to cloud my judgments with sentiments, whether religious or tribal.

It is not difficult in owning up, you didn't think it through when you made that assertion and retracting seems difficult at this point. I understand cheesy

1 Like

Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by frankfab(m): 4:08pm On Apr 26, 2017
Honorable minister of the federal republic of Nigeria what's your reason for banning these common anti malaria drugs
Are the inactive, toxic or have more side effects?

When need reasons for such dumb decision
Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by Engrr(m): 4:41pm On Apr 26, 2017
flyca:
Oga minister mbanu, don't shift goal posts now angry

Not after I don swallow the thing finish. 4 horrible, smelly tabs, plus piriton, plus B-Co. Then the itchy nights cry Chai!

No!, all kids must take it o, so that they will learn to respect elders cool

As my mum says when arranging those tabs, "Its part of growing up" grin

Omo even after taking the piriton, the itching eee .....still no get part 2

1 Like

Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by odogwu2007(m): 5:41pm On Apr 26, 2017
fhelihx:

I don't react to medicines.. tongue
but others do so don't be selfish
Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by maclatunji: 5:52pm On Apr 26, 2017
Sanchez01:

You know, you could shut me up once and for all rather than dilly-dallying in this shameless manner. I'm sure you have taken to Google to check, found nothing, then return just so you don't look stupid. Truth is, you've never looked more stupid since this back and forth began. I don't need you to prove something that never happened or existed. The country is already down as it stands, and there is no honour in beating someone who has already fallen. We can only pray that Nigeria get it someday, not with the long-necked, President we have. Until then, I refuse to cloud my judgments with sentiments, whether religious or tribal.

It is not difficult in owning up, you didn't think it through when you made that assertion and retracting seems difficult at this point. I understand cheesy

Never bothered to Google check. Why would I Google what I watched myself in the news. Are you that slow?
Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by OnowuOra(m): 6:22pm On Apr 26, 2017
Our health minister is obsolete....... The use of chloroquine in treating malaria has being abolished during the time of OBJ

Am just surprise to hear this angry
Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by Sanchez01: 6:28pm On Apr 26, 2017
maclatunji:

Never bothered to Google check. Why would I Google what I watched myself in the news. Are you that slow?
No I'm not. It's just astonishing that your stupìdity has not made you realize that you have been caught in your web of lies, just because you wanted to make sense. Please scoot.
Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by maclatunji: 8:17pm On Apr 26, 2017
Sanchez01:

No I'm not. It's just astonishing that your stupìdity has not made you realize that you have been caught in your web of lies, just because you wanted to make sense. Please scoot.

E Pain am, LOL. Looking for Google when we are watching direct on TV. Go to AIT to ask if you are desperate to prove me wrong.

All these spoilt children running around making noise.
Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by Sanchez01: 8:34pm On Apr 26, 2017
maclatunji:

E Pain am, LOL. Looking for Google when we are watching direct on TV. Go to AIT to ask if you are desperate to prove me wrong.

All these spoilt children running around making noise.
This cretin just referred to me as a child cheesy

One thing is, I hate channeling my strengths into unproductive ventures. Apparently, you weren't just lying, but also caught in a loop which you've been reeling back and forth since noon. I should go to AIT... Impressive. You're just hopeless, more hopeless than I imagined cheesy

1 Like

Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by maclatunji: 8:38pm On Apr 26, 2017
Sanchez01:

This cretin just referred to me as a child cheesy

One thing is, I hate channeling my strengths into unproductive ventures. Apparently, you weren't just lying, but also caught in a loop which you've been reeling back and forth since noon. I should go to AIT... Impressive. You're just hopeless, more hopeless than I imagined cheesy

Hahahahaahahahahaha, trying to ridicule your country when you don't even bother to watch news. You can easily quote Iran to try to rubbish Nigeria but you cannot think well or research before posting.
Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by Sanchez01: 9:31pm On Apr 26, 2017
maclatunji:

Hahahahaahahahahaha, trying to ridicule your country when you don't even bother to watch news. You can easily quote Iran to try to rubbish Nigeria but you cannot think well or research before posting.
Ridicule my country? Are you aware Chloroquine was banned eleven (11) years ago in this same Nigeria? Why is it being banned again if the Health Minister could tell his left from his right? What measures have been put in place beside expending a phantom 3bn on anti-malaria drugs annually? Who are those who benefit from the so-called 3bn? Since its ban eleven years ago, what measures have the government put in place in curbing the circulation of Chloroquine, instead of re-banning?

As a country, we are still debating over re-banning drugs that have been banned over a decade ago while a health minister is leading a surgical procedure in another country and you claim drawing comparisons between these ministers translates to ridiculing Nigeria, which in turn makes me less of a patriot, yeah? Apparently, you don't understand, really. Nigeria has been on the same spot for over a decade because WE PUT SQUARE PEGS IN ROUND HOLES. This has been my message all along, and since you are sentimentally blinded from the truth, it became difficult for you to decode.

Unfortunately, I cannot help but shake my head at the fact that your thought process is something else. At no point has Prof. Isaac Adewole performed or led a surgical procedure as a Minister. You claimed it was recently, that it was aired on AIT but failed to point to a single print agency who reported it. You must think you have been engaging a PDP/APC folk all day.

Honestly you should get off the Internet a while. It is painful that you made no sense all day.

2 Likes

Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 26, 2017
sheedy407:
Thank God,anytime i take this drugs,body go just dey scratch and pepper me.
Na this drug them suppose dey call ''pepe dem gang''
o babe
Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 26, 2017
Lilimax:
Arthemetar Lumenfantrin combination naim sure pass for Malaria treatment embarassed

Recession & induced hardship has made Female anopheles mosquitoes to be producing toxins whose
Malaria resistant to Chloroquine Phosphate is very high shocked
those combination u mentioned has lot of fake ones among them.
Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by Lilimax(f): 10:55pm On Apr 26, 2017
dancok:
those combination u mentioned has lot of fake ones among them.
Choose wisely! Brands like Lonart, Amarthem are good smiley
Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by Yusufmanusman(m): 11:48pm On Apr 26, 2017
CQ IS the best malaria drug. Fast than any drug.
sheedy407:
Thank God,anytime i take this drugs,body go just dey scratch and pepper me.
Na this drug them suppose dey call ''pepe dem gang''
Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by maclatunji: 12:22am On Apr 27, 2017
Sanchez01:

Ridicule my country? Are you aware Chloroquine was banned eleven (11) years ago in this same Nigeria? Why is it being banned again if the Health Minister could tell his left from his right? What measures have been put in place beside expending a phantom 3bn on anti-malaria drugs annually? Who are those who benefit from the so-called 3bn? Since its ban eleven years ago, what measures have the government put in place in curbing the circulation of Chloroquine, instead of re-banning?

As a country, we are still debating over re-banning drugs that have been banned over a decade ago while a health minister is leading a surgical procedure in another country and you claim drawing comparisons between these ministers translates to ridiculing Nigeria, which in turn makes me less of a patriot, yeah? Apparently, you don't understand, really. Nigeria has been on the same spot for over a decade because WE PUT SQUARE PEGS IN ROUND HOLES. This has been my message all along, and since you are sentimentally blinded from the truth, it became difficult for you to decode.

Unfortunately, I cannot help but shake my head at the fact that your thought process is something else. At no point has Prof. Isaac Adewole performed or led a surgical procedure as a Minister. You claimed it was recently, that it was aired on AIT but failed to point to a single print agency who reported it. You must think you have been engaging a PDP/APC folk all day.

Honestly you should get off the Internet a while. It is painful that you made no sense all day.

The best way to deal with people like you is the way I have done. I know it is fact, you don't know and have committed an embarrassing error. See you running helter-skelter for it.

Proud, unpatriotic, ignorant all at the same time. A sorry case.
Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by ziga: 2:40am On Apr 27, 2017
So, the benchmark for being a successful minister is performing surgical operations?

I tire for Naija logic ooo.

No wonder Iran's health system is the greatest in the whole universe. Their health minister performs surgery.
Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by Sanchez01: 6:08am On Apr 27, 2017
maclatunji:

The best way to deal with people like you is the way I have done. I know it is fact, you don't know and have committed an embarrassing error. See you running helter-skelter for it.

Proud, unpatriotic, ignorant all at the same time. A sorry case.
@the emboldened, how It is funny you didn't address any of the questions I asked, yet again, you chose to pull out demeaning words from your behind. I'm done with you, as it stands. It is interesting to know you didn't put up A SINGLE ARGUMENT, yet claim I'm running helter-skelter cheesy

No sane person should engage you because you would only end up running amok then claim you have done a whole lot of justice to the discourse, when in reality, you didn't lift a hairline. Not a single, meaningful thing to the discourse, yet you have 'dealt' with me. I believe you did with the name calling. However, I believe it is only an indication that you are no just shallow, but also clueless.
Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by Sanchez01: 6:12am On Apr 27, 2017
ziga:
So, the benchmark for being a successful minister is performing surgical operations?

I tire for Naija logic ooo.

No wonder Iran's health system is the greatest in the whole universe. Their health minister performs surgery.
Read between the lines and get the message. Nigerians ministers did not get to job on merit, rather, as a reward. When you see a man who studied Law, not just Law in itself, but has gone ahead to become a SAN, only to be in charge of something as sensitive as Power, then you know your case is a sorry tale.

Bottom line is that we have ministers who are square pegs trying to fit in round holes.
Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by Ishilove: 6:13am On Apr 27, 2017
Sanchez01:

@the emboldened, how It is funny you didn't address any of the questions I asked, yet again, you chose to pull out demeaning words from your behind. I'm done with you, as it stands. It is interesting to know you didn't put up A SINGLE ARGUMENT, yet claim I'm running helter-skelter cheesy

No sane person should engage you because you would only end up running amok then claim you have done a whole lot of justice to the discourse, when in reality, you didn't lift a hairline. Not a single, meaningful thing to the discourse, yet you have 'dealt' with me. I believe you did with the name calling. However, I believe it is only an indication that you are no just shallow, but also clueless.
Ahn ahn!! shocked cheesy

Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by Ishilove: 6:15am On Apr 27, 2017
Icon79:
Almost a whole page of ranting nonsense without addressing/answering the obvious question: what exactly is the problem with using Chloroquine for Malaria treatment?

Naija journos, na wa for una o.

O pari
My thoughts exactly. I was waiting for the reasons and read the article to the end, thinking I'd find it there.

Nigerian journalism is very crappy
Re: Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment by Sanchez01: 6:17am On Apr 27, 2017
Ishilove:

Ahn ahn!! shocked cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Being a while. Had it in mind to reach you yesterday but my desk was full till I left the office. I pray I make up for it today kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Blood In Stool For Years; Please Help / Info On Effective Rat Killer / Is Oatmeal Fattening?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.