Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,240 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship - Jobs/Vacancies (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship (300324 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes 2017 - Apply Now / Niger Delta Development Commission NDDC Foreign Msc And Phd Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 6:52am On Jan 29, 2018
Chigojude:

2018*

My Guy its 2017 budget o. I know you may be suprised but thats our country for you. I was confused as well when Sen.Saraki read a letter from PMB for an accelerated consideration and passage of the commission's 2017 budget estimates of which Sen. Saraki gave the committee on NDDC to get it done in 2weeks. By Feb 6th they shld submit their report. Let's hope as earlier suggested by @lololohvfbhb cld be true on the list.

Pls this is even the more reason we shld call out more for the list now that their budget is in the Senate. I must commend the account owner of tweets to the Senate and HoR on the list matter yesterday. That was very thoughtful. We shld jointly push more.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 3:13pm On Jan 29, 2018
viewingthistopic:

My Guy its 2017 budget o. I know you may be suprised but thats our country for you. I was confused as well when Sen.Saraki read a letter from PMB for an accelerated consideration and passage of the commission's 2017 budget estimates of which Sen. Saraki gave the committee on NDDC to get it done in 2weeks. By Feb 6th they shld submit their report. Let's hope as earlier suggested by @lololohvfbhb cld be true on the list.

Pls this is even the more reason we shld call out more for the list now that their budget is in the Senate. I must commend the account owner of tweets to the Senate and HoR on the list matter yesterday. That was very thoughtful. We shld jointly push more.

I'm shocked actually...but hey it's naija. anything can happen in this country. are you in pH? can you spare some time to visit the headquarters within this week?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Chigojude: 3:20pm On Jan 29, 2018
@viewingthistopic please post screenshots of the tweets or links. I can't seem to find it anywhere.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 10:50pm On Jan 29, 2018
Chigojude:

I'm shocked actually...but hey it's naija. anything can happen in this country. are you in pH? can you spare some time to visit the headquarters within this week?

I would gladly welcome the idea to reach the HQ anytime but unfortunately i am not in PH and not close by too. We all need to make effort in calling for the list. Bless U. #2017NDDCScholarshiplist.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 10:49am On Jan 30, 2018
Whilst we are waiting for nddc to release the list, please prospective scholars consider a more reliable scholarship option below:

http://www.studyandscholarships.com/2011/07/commonwealth-scholarships-for.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nigerianstudy+%28Study+%26+Scholarships%29

Apparently my supervisors just told me NDDC wasn't the only scholarship body to owe their scholars; Techfund (still owe their scholars) and at some point PTDF too - not a good look for nigeria at all. It's a shame really. I am still tweeting on your behalf not to worry.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by BRAINNY(m): 11:31am On Jan 30, 2018
ladybug2:
Whilst we are waiting for nddc to release the list, please prospective scholars consider a more reliable scholarship option below:

http://www.studyandscholarships.com/2011/07/commonwealth-scholarships-for.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nigerianstudy+%28Study+%26+Scholarships%29

Apparently my supervisors just told me NDDC wasn't the only scholarship body to owe their scholars; Techfund (still owe their scholars) and at some point PTDF too - not a good look for nigeria at all. It's a shame really. I am still tweeting on your behalf not to worry.

#Tertiary Education Trust Fund(Tetfund)
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 11:41am On Jan 30, 2018
BRAINNY:

#Tertiary Education Trust Fund(Tetfund)

Yes, thanks for the correction - TETFUND I meant. All the best.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nigerdcritics(m): 5:22pm On Jan 30, 2018
We have idiots running the nddc this time
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by lolololhvfvhb98: 11:14pm On Jan 30, 2018
Nigerdcritics:

Any update ?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by kilmix: 11:34pm On Jan 30, 2018
Nigerdcritics:

Bros long time o
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Nuel1647: 7:54am On Jan 31, 2018
I believe NDDC sent out a mail yesterday asking scholars to confirm they had received their fees and upkeep allowance.

So It seems that they are rounding up the payment process. Hopefully that would mean paying the second/third year tuition fees of scholars still owed.

More importantly, it would mean they can now transfer their attention to the release of the scholarship list and also start a new application process.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 9:26am On Jan 31, 2018
The MD on monday said they will continue to "massively invest on the post graduate scholarship and are considering sponsoring gifted minds for undergraduate scholarship."
It seems some funds have or is being released to NDDC soon for this euphoric excitement they are now having.
Though undergraduate sponsorship is welcomed but they must think deep about their preparedness. I can't imagine undergraduates going through this psychological stress as a result of delayed fees problems.
The MD is saying that by May "processes for selecting post graduate scholarship would be concluded" Maybe the list will be out soon and new process begin to be concluded in may. We should still continue to demand for the list even more now. Vague assurances is not enough as experienced before by those who reportedly visited him for enquires of 2017 award list and he reneged on his promises to them.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by CSmooth: 10:19am On Jan 31, 2018
viewingthistopic:
The MD on monday said they will continue to "massively invest on the post graduate scholarship and are considering sponsoring gifted minds for undergraduate scholarship."
It seems some funds have or is being released to NDDC soon for this euphoric excitement they are now having.
Though undergraduate sponsorship is welcomed but they must think deep about their preparedness. I can't imagine undergraduates going through this psychological stress as a result of delayed fees problems.
The MD is saying that by May "processes for selecting post graduate scholarship would be concluded" Maybe the list will be out soon and new process begin to be concluded in may. We should still continue to demand for the list even more now. Vague assurances is not enough as experienced before by those who reportedly visited him for enquires of 2017 award list and he reneged on his promises to them.

Please I don't understand what they want to conclude by May, 2017 list abi a new process?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 10:43am On Jan 31, 2018
CSmooth:

Please I don't understand what they want to conclude by May, 2017 list abi a new process?

Those were his words and I won't know his intentions. Though i think its both the list and new process...
We have been told lately here that they do not have any intentions to jettision 2017 award list and we shouldn't suggest it to them but demand for the list. I wouldn't trust any of these guys from there until what has to be done is done. We ought to learn from past experiences and be proactive.
If you are concerned about the list to be out then you may have to make effort in asking for it or continue if you are already doing so.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 11:23am On Jan 31, 2018
Nuel1647:
I believe NDDC sent out a mail yesterday asking scholars to confirm they had received their fees and upkeep allowance.

So It seems that they are rounding up the payment process. Hopefully that would mean paying the second/third year tuition fees of scholars still owed.

More importantly, it would mean they can now transfer their attention to the release of the scholarship list and also start a new application process.

They still some of us 2nd yr/3rd-year tuition which is now overdue. I didn't get the email though.

That doesn't mean they shouldn't deal with the issue of 2017 /2018 list. I have been haranguing them on twitter.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 11:24am On Jan 31, 2018
ladybug2:

They still owe some of us 2nd yr/3rd-year tuition which is now overdue. I didn't get the email though.

That doesn't mean they shouldn't deal with the issue of 2017 /2018 list. I have been haranguing them on twitter.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 2:25pm On Jan 31, 2018
Prospective (research) scholars. Saw this on my school's intranet page:

Funding opportunity: Sue White Fund - invitation for proposals

We are now inviting proposals for research projects to be supported through the Sue White Fund for Africa. This scheme enables students to study for a PhD at Cranfield University in a topic related to the late Professor Sue White’s research interests in water & sanitation, catchment processes, and water management. The scheme is financed by a generous donation by Professor White through her estate. The student is expected to undertake their research in Africa and more details of the scheme can be found in the attached project application form and on the website.

The fund provides £12,000 a year towards international fees, a full stipend for the student (indexed for the country they are based in) and some support for travel.

A minimum contribution of £5,000 per annum is required from an industrial sponsor which can be used to cover other costs. Overall, the scheme operates in a similar fashion to the university’s industrial bursary scheme. If other funding can’t be found to cover the shortfall in fees then the centre/theme needs to approve the lower fee rate.

The scheme is strongly aligned with many of the current GCRF initiatives and could be used to demonstrate added value for proposals to those calls. We already have our first project sponsored through the Fund which began in early 2017.

If you have any queries about how the fund operates do please contact Dr Monica Rivas Casado via email m.rivas-casado@cranfield.ac.uk.

If you need a copy of the application form, please pm me.

Let's continue to seek other opportunities whilst we wait for NDDC to wake up.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 5:39pm On Jan 31, 2018
Premuim Times has reported that NDDC has cleared the backlog of payment with an official statement from the Chairman. ( Hoping the last tranche of payment has been forwarded to CBN)
They acknowledged the gratitude to them by scholars on social media meaning they see those tweets.

Pls put a call through for the release of the list. Thank You.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 5:46pm On Jan 31, 2018
viewingthistopic:
Premuim Times has reported that NDDC has cleared the backlog of payment with an official statement from the Chairman. ( Hoping the last tranche of payment has been forwarded to CBN)
They acknowledged the gratitude to them by scholars on social media meaning they see those tweets.

Pls put a call through for the release of the list. Thank You.

Yes, I saw that too but it is not entirely accurate. I still owe tuition for my final year and I've been told if this is not settled after I submit my thesis, I will not graduate. I have acknowledged with gratitude (to NDDC officials) on social media for sorting out the backlog but PhD students have not been completely settled so I hope this is not a tactic to delay us even further. Please if any other PhD student has been paid all their backlogs, let the house be informed.

I do try to campaign for the release of the list, not to worry.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Jaybadestboy: 7:46pm On Jan 31, 2018
We're did you read this? Any link?

viewingthistopic:
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Panda9909: 9:14pm On Jan 31, 2018
I just read Ekere's statement on NDDC's official website and he said that processes for the selection of graduates for the foreign scholarship programme will start early this year and be concluded by May. He made no mention of the 2017 list. If you ask me, based on his statement, im not sure he intends to release that list.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by pbayagbon: 10:46pm On Jan 31, 2018
http://www.nddc.gov.ng/news_id15u.php

alas he has stylishly thrown that last list away
a stupid body that can't pay 10000 naira wants to train children abroad for 4 to 5 years programme...lmao

Chei...one man die my 10k
anoda man die 30000 dollars

nddc don use English scrap last year list oh, money gone into their accounts as usual cos I'm 100%sure they deducted it from nddc coffers

animals paid one session fees and turned it to good publicity.

presidency... joke
governors...joke
senate...joke
nddc...night of a thousand laff

those who are still hoping....read for yourself ooh...prepare for next exam if you still bliv oh
as for me...i put almost 50k into last time...scored very well
abeggi aint gat that funds to waste again.
i no lose hope oh...i just taya for BS
nddc IZA scam.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by pbayagbon: 10:53pm On Jan 31, 2018
pbayagbon:
http://www.nddc.gov.ng/news_id15u.php

alas he has stylishly thrown that last list away
a stupid body that can't pay 10000 naira wants to train children abroad for 4 to 5 years programme...lmao

Chei...one man die my 10k
anoda man die 30000 dollars

nddc don use English scrap last year list oh, money gone into their accounts as usual cos I'm 100%sure they deducted it from nddc coffers

animals paid one session fees and turned it to good publicity.

presidency... joke
governors...joke
senate...joke
nddc...night of a thousand laff

those who are still hoping....read for yourself ooh...prepare for next exam if you still bliv oh
as for me...i put almost 50k into last time...scored very well
nddc IZA scam.

Ekere assured that the processes for the selection of graduates for the foreign scholarship programme would start early this year, to ensure that the beneficiaries were not delayed for the next academic year. He said: “We shall ensure that by May, all the processes required to be done to get our children ready to start the next academic year are concluded in good time.”

this english is crystal clear....queens English...no need for deductive reasoning even my lil bro in primary 5 understand am well

No 2017 list pple
open ya eyez and read well
the criminals have moved onto the next one
smh
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannysugar: 5:00am On Feb 01, 2018
pbayagbon:
...i put almost 50k into last time...scored very well
nddc IZA scam.
Like you rightly put that the commission is a mess in its administration, so will you fold your arms and watch the resources and time you spent for the process go to waste without an attempt to demand for what you rightly know should be?

We can all see the praise singing and campaign propaganda they are now using this nearly conclusive payment to achieve. This system isn't working so we must not give up by letting them have their way without us having a say. I read the news too and the same social media will be used to discredit the falsehood if they don't do right. It is not yet uhuru for the commission as some pple are still being owed.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannysugar: 5:20am On Feb 01, 2018
Some pple came here to test the waters on the no-list narrative and folks were silent cos they felt the timeline is still in their favour.
Well for those that are optimistic abt their chances due to their perfomance in the selection processes, this is not the time to dispair. Would U want to go thru the hassles of admission,prep and logistics for a process that was 95% concluded? I don't think so. The minister said the suspension will be lifted when owed debts are cleared and we should begin in earnest to demand for the award if likely a new process is being procured. What is the concession to us?
We can all see how the collective cries for the payment of debts was tasking but yielded results to a large extent. I'll solicit that current scholars join our campaign in solidarity as we did for them.
They shld'nt score cheap points on our matter. The 2017 award list must not be trashed. It is on us, i repeat solely on our collective effort for the list to come to light. We must not faulter or fail.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by dannysugar: 5:36am On Feb 01, 2018
The commission advertized and got us involved with so much promises and rules and cannot trash our expectations callously. I do not bother if a new process is being procured, i'm going FULL BLAST in the demand that that 2017 award list be made public now that they boldly claim to have made payment. They shld do the right thing. I'm leaving this space for a while to channel my reach for this award list. I pray to comeback victorious.

We have spent scarce resources for this award and can't afford to see a mess being done to our effort.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by CSmooth: 6:10am On Feb 01, 2018
dannysugar:
The commission advertized and got us involved with so much promises and rules and cannot trash our expectations callously. I do not bother if a new process is being procured, i'm going FULL BLAST in the demand that that 2017 award list be made public now that they boldly claim to have made payment. They shld do the right thing. I'm leaving this space for a while to channel my reach for this award list. I pray to comeback victorious.

We have spent scarce resources for this award and can't afford to see a mess being done to our effort.

Please what do you intend to do and how do you intend to achieve it?
I don't stay in PH and I don't know any NDDC official. I really want to join this campaign cause I put in my best in the last selection process and I can't let my effort go to waste.
How can I help?

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 7:26am On Feb 01, 2018
CSmooth:

How can I help?

Thanks to @dannysugar and others making effort for the release of the list. I'll suggest we can start/continue by
1) Tweeting and retweeting with harshtags as already seen #Release2017NDDCawardlist
#NDDCScholarship2017
#AskUsani #NDDC #MNDA demanding that the suspension of 2017 awards be lifted.
2) sending of mails to seledi.thomson@nddc.gov.ng (scholarship cordinator) for the list.
As we begin plans for a vist to the commission soonest. We hope to get contacts of officials soon. Those that already have these contacts to NDDC officials can begin in earnest about the inquiry of the 2017 award list to be released. Lend your voices to this.
Our collective effort can end this.
Pls @Xenaa can you be contacted? Your input will be needed on this planned visit. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 7:33am On Feb 01, 2018
CSmooth:

How can I help?
Thanks to @dannysugar and others making effort for the release of the list. We can see that the campaigns have begun with the announcement of the payment of debts by pro APC handles on tweeter. I'll suggest we can start/continue by
1) Tweeting and retweeting with harshtags as already seen #Release2017NDDCawardlist
#NDDCScholarship2017
#AskUsani #NDDC #MNDA demanding that the suspension of 2017 awards be lifted.
2) sending of mails to seledi.thomson@nddc.gov.ng (scholarship cordinator) for the list.
As we begin plans for a vist to the commission soonest. Those that have established contacts to NDDC officials can begin in earnest to enquire of the 2017 award list to be released. Lend your voices to this.
Our collective effort can end this.
Pls @Xenaa can you be contacted? Your input will be needed on this planned visit. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Ovywils: 8:20am On Feb 01, 2018
I agree
dannysugar:
Some pple came here to test the waters on the no-list narrative and folks were silent cos they felt the timeline is still in their favour.
Well for those that are optimistic abt their chances due to their perfomance in the selection processes, this is not the time to dispair. Would U want to go thru the hassles of admission,prep and logistics for a process that was 95% concluded? I don't think so. The minister said the suspension will be lifted when owed debts are cleared and we should begin in earnest to demand for the award if likely a new process is being procured. What is the concession to us?
We can all see how the collective cries for the payment of debts was tasking but yielded results to a large extent. I'll solicit that current scholars join our campaign in solidarity as we did for them.
They shld'nt score cheap points on our matter. The 2017 award list must not be trashed. It is on us, i repeat solely on our collective effort for the list to come to light. We must not faulter or fail.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Ovywils: 8:21am On Feb 01, 2018
Thanks for pushing for the list.
ladybug2:

They still some of us 2nd yr/3rd-year tuition which is now overdue. I didn't get the email though.

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 8:57am On Feb 01, 2018
dannysugar:

Well said, and you are right. I am a current scholar but that notwithstanding it is really unjust to play with people's future and as much as I can I try to make it known that prospective scholars are still waiting, esp on twitter. Naija / NDDC needs to clean up its act and not feign faux outrage on 'shithole' remarks - because that's what our leaders are turning us into.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (105) (Reply)

2013 Shell Recruitment Day Application For Fresh Graduates / Having Difficult Times Securing A Job, Or Need A Side Hustle? Check This Out! / Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.