Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,014 members, 7,953,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:25 AM

2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship - Jobs/Vacancies (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship (306861 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / NDDC Skills Acquisition Training Programmes 2017 - Apply Now / Niger Delta Development Commission NDDC Foreign Msc And Phd Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (105) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by CSmooth: 10:32am On Feb 14, 2018
If only NDDC will show us love today....

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 4:34pm On Feb 14, 2018
Now the Senate have done their part( 2017 Budget), Buhari shld accent on it quickly so these excuses and endless suspense on 2017 list by NDDC MGT will finally end.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by lolololhvfvhb98: 11:01pm On Feb 14, 2018
viewingthistopic:
Now the Senate have done their part( 2017 Budget), Buhari shld accent on it quickly so these excuses and endless suspense on 2017 list by NDDC MGT will finally end.

have the NDDC 2017 Budget been approved by the senate ?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 8:18am On Feb 15, 2018
Tic-toc Tic-toc

Another week going down the drain.

NDDC is claiming busy.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 2:26pm On Feb 16, 2018
Whilst we wait for NDDC to get their act together (if they ever will), please view a scholarship opportunity from University of Nottingham for anyone interested (2018).

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/studywithus/international-applicants/scholarships-fees-and-finance/scholarships/index.aspx

4 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by trilobite: 6:02pm On Feb 16, 2018
ladybug2:
Whilst we wait for NDDC to get their act together (if they ever will), please view a scholarship opportunity from University of Nottingham for anyone interested (2018).

https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/studywithus/international-applicants/scholarships-fees-and-finance/scholarships/index.aspx

Good one.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Hokage94(m): 11:51pm On Feb 19, 2018
ladybug2:

What about the application fee?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 12:03pm On Feb 20, 2018
Hokage94:

I will take a look at it later and clarify. My school is Cranfield University but I got this info via a scholarship newsletter I'm subscribed to. Are you looking for a Masters or research / PhD programme?
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by CSmooth: 1:44pm On Feb 20, 2018
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships for 2018

http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/shared-scholarships/
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 2:59pm On Feb 20, 2018
Hokage94:

I have taken a look at the site, there are links to different scholarships you can click and investigate further including commonwealth scholarship. Apart from Commonwealth, however, be informed that some of these funding opportunities may not be full.

Regarding application fee, I'm not entirely sure what you mean as most of these scholarship bodies do not demand a fee for applying. PTDF is the only scholarship body I know that requests' application fee.

If you mean a fee for applying for studies in the school, I doubt that any UK university will demand an application fee, at least not from my experience. Canada does - about 50$ or slightly more; but for UK schools, I'm not aware.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 4:29pm On Feb 20, 2018
lolololhvfvhb98:

have the NDDC 2017 Budget been approved by the senate ?

The approval of the budget was done earlier today. It ought to have been done last week after the committee submitted their report but for the fire incident at the National Assembly.
So, I believe the release of the list is imminent with this development. However, We resume our calls for it untill they release it. Best Wishes to everyone expecting it

7 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by adayola(m): 2:45pm On Feb 21, 2018
Middle of the week.

Another week about to go down the drain.

#NDDC
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Donmatlock: 1:48pm On Feb 22, 2018
Can we get a volunteer lawyer to take NDDC and the Chairman to court? Maybe Femi Falana, Agbakoba or Keyamo or group of activist lawyers.

Even if we don't get it finally, NDDC will learn to be responsible. We can all win double the amount or get automatic scholarships as compensation.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by amhot: 3:05pm On Feb 22, 2018
My brother it would have been a good idea, if we are driven by unity of purpose. Sadly, we are all talk and no action in this platform. That aside, it has not yet gotten to the point where a legal action can succeed against NDDC. This is because they have not yet taken any action which will show that the 2017 list has been discarded. Even if NDDC called for applications for 2018,you can't still sue them successfully. Until they award scholarship to a new batch of scholars,without giving scholarship to 2017, no legal action can succeed against them. I once proposed a simple publication in a local newspaper, and it was ignored. Is it a lawsuit that we will then be willing to initiate?

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by viewingthistopic: 4:44pm On Feb 22, 2018
Donmatlock:
Can we get a volunteer lawyer to take NDDC and the Chairman to court? Maybe Femi Falana, Agbakoba or Keyamo or group of activist lawyers.

These 3 are part of the gang, if u dnt know. From my findings, NDDC needed this budget approval to free up some cash as the backlog of fees affected 2017 set. Nonetheless, we have to keep up probing them now more than ever as both chambers of NASS have given them nod for the budget. The 2017 list is still valid.
As for the publication being delayed, a lil more patience was advised in understanding of the issues that caused this delay of new awards. I blame the mgt in a way for not planning. The good is that, the debt cog is cleared to a large extent with the scheme repositioned.
We all need to make them know we are interested in the list. This is not the time to wax cold. I must the say twitter campaign has been very successful to an extent. Kudos to everyone trying. Its unfortunate our leaders are not accountable.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by CSmooth: 6:14pm On Feb 22, 2018
Donmatlock:

Even if we don't get it finally, NDDC will learn to be responsible. We can all win double the amount or get automatic scholarships as compensation.

The sad truth is that none of us has the right to institute an action against NDDC yet. Until a person is awarded and accepts a scholarship from NDDC, there is no contract between NDDC and that person and as such no legal right to sue has arisen.
Let's continue the online campaign and hope that things move fast now the budget has been approved.

5 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by amhot: 10:26am On Feb 23, 2018
CSmooth:

The sad truth is that none of us has the right to institute an action against NDDC yet. Until a person is awarded and accepts a scholarship from NDDC, there is no contract between NDDC and that person and as such no legal right to sue has arisen.
Let's continue the online campaign and hope that things move fast now the budget has been approved.
Who says there is no contract between NDDC and the scholarship applicants? The elements which form a contract are, offer, acceptance, and consideration. They made an offer which we accepted by applying for the scholarship. The consideration we furnished was the time,energy and even the money we spent when we went for the exams and the interview. If we are suing them,it is to compel them to publish the list of successful applicants for 2017. Like I said yesterday, this can only happen when NDDC awards scholarship to any other set,without awarding to the 2017 set.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by CSmooth: 11:26am On Feb 23, 2018
amhot:
Who says there is no contract between NDDC and the scholarship applicants? The elements which form a contract are, offer, acceptance, and consideration. They made an offer which we accepted by applying for the scholarship. The consideration we furnished was the time,energy and even the money we spent when we went for the exams and the interview. If we are suing them,it is to compel them to publish the list of successful applicants for 2017. Like I said yesterday, this can only happen when NDDC awards scholarship to any other set,without awarding to the 2017 set.

I beg to differ. NDDC's announcement of the scholarship is an invitation to treat- an invitation to the general public. There will only be a valid offer when the scholarship has been offered to an individual, who can then accept the offer. It is only after this that a contractual relationship can be said to exist.
If we follow your line of thought, it means a person who eventually doesn't get an offer can also sue NDDC and that's not true.

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by amhot: 12:55pm On Feb 23, 2018
CSmooth:

I beg to differ. NDDC's announcement of the scholarship is an invitation to treat- an invitation to the general public. There will only be a valid offer when the scholarship has been offered to an individual, who can then accept the offer. It is only after this that a contractual relationship can be said to exist.
If we follow your line of thought, it means a person who eventually doesn't get an offer can also sue NDDC and that's not true.
Well my brother, I'm not asking you, I'm simply presenting contractual concepts which are obtainable in the Law of contract. Read my presentation in context. If you look at my previous posts, you won't see any thing suggesting that we can sue NDDC to give us scholarship. However, we can sue for the list of successful applicants to be published. It is at that point that the successful applicants can now demand for the scholarship to be awarded to them. It is this kind of mentality that is keeping Nigeria where it is today. Do you seriously mean that a government agency like NDDC can advertise for a scholarship program, and people will spend their time, energy, money,and even risk their lives to travel long distances, write an exam, travel again for the interview, and you abandon the process without any consequence? Are you telling me that there is no legal remedy for the victims of such administrative ineptitude and callousness? If that is your belief, pls explain to this forum what a writ of mandamus is, and what it is used for.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by CSmooth: 1:22pm On Feb 23, 2018
amhot:
Well my brother, I'm not asking you, I'm simply presenting contractual concepts which are obtainable in the Law of contract. Read my presentation in context. If you look at my previous posts, you won't see any thing suggesting that we can sue NDDC to give us scholarship. However, we can sue for the list of successful applicants to be published. It is at that point that the successful applicants can now demand for the scholarship to be awarded to them. It is this kind of mentality that is keeping Nigeria where it is today. Do you seriously mean that a government agency like NDDC can advertise for a scholarship program, and people will spend their time, energy, money,and even risk their lives to travel long distances, write an exam, travel again for the interview, and you abandon the process without any consequence? Are you telling me that there is no legal remedy for the victims of such administrative ineptitude and callousness? If that is your belief, pls explain to this forum what a writ of mandamus is, and what it is used for.

It's okay, as you please. Arguing with you is not necessary.
Hope you know that to petition for the enforcement of an official duty by writ of mandamus, what you're enforcing must be an imperative duty, not a discretionary one and definitely not CSR. If annual foreign postgrad scholarship is not one of the LEGAL DUTIES of NDDC, it won't be a viable case.
Also, hope you have the legal right to COMPEL them to do the specific act of releasing the list.
Well, it's likely you have info that I don't so you may know enough to petition for mandamus in this situation. Feel free to do so, it's in the interest of all of us.
I think we should even leave the legal argument and do something that'll produce results.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by amhot: 2:22pm On Feb 23, 2018
Well I'm happy that you are a lawyer,because I was bothered about achieving a consensus ad idem with you ( no insult intended) on a legal matter.I must however commend your grasp of the legal technicalities in issue here. About your comments on the duty being an imperative duty for mandamus to be enforced,that is quite true, but this must be construed in the light of Nddc's prime duty, which is to develop the Niger Delta region. Thus, any goal the NDDC sets to enable it achieve its main mandate of developing the region therefore becomes an imperative duty. Thanks guy for this engaging intellectual intercourse.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Hokage94(m): 3:08pm On Feb 23, 2018
ladybug2:

I will take a look at it later and clarify. My school is Cranfield University but I got this info via a scholarship newsletter I'm subscribed to. Are you looking for a Masters or research / PhD programme?
Masters taught.. I don't mind Masters through PhD oo
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by GraceM2017: 9:59pm On Feb 23, 2018
Where's the list? Mbok. We've waited for so long. #stillpositivevibestho

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by CSmooth: 11:55pm On Feb 23, 2018
Has anyone noticed that the NDDC website is down? It says "temporarily unavailable"
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by amhot: 3:52pm On Feb 24, 2018
CSmooth:
Has anyone noticed that the NDDC website is down? It says "temporarily unavailable"
Its a positive sign. Something is about to happen. Father let thy will be done.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by pbayagbon: 11:28am On Feb 25, 2018
are we still talking bout NDDC ....lol
in a hopeless country where snake swallows money and Monkey eats money, u think anyone cares what you think about NDDC
the rules of engagement don't apply here, the only law we know is the one that enslaves the ordinary man.
ya'al better wake up, move on and stay woke.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by pbayagbon: 11:36am On Feb 25, 2018
amhot:
Its a positive sign. Something is about to happen. Father let thy will be done.

the way we pray over the smallest things, you'll think we prayed ourselves into existence

I'm sure I'd never have prayed to land in this shithole.

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by BRAINNY(m): 8:06pm On Feb 25, 2018
It's annoying. We pray for light, for water, for salaries, for our roads, for virtually everything. The prayers to God from Nigeria alone most likely dwarfs other more populated countries. The gross ineptitude and sheer wickedness of our leaders has turned us to prayer warriors. is it an offense to be a Nigerian? Come to think of it, some of those putting us through this mess, once complained of bad leadership but now tow the same line of greed, avarice and selfishness immediately they had an opportunity to serve.
#MayGodSaveTheBlackMan

2 Likes

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by pbayagbon: 10:47pm On Feb 25, 2018
BRAINNY:
It's annoying. We pray for light, for water, for salaries, for our roads, for virtually everything. The prayers to God from Nigeria alone most likely dwarfs other more populated countries. The gross ineptitude and sheer wickedness of our leaders has turned us to prayer warriors. is it an offense to be a Nigerian? Come to think of it, some of those putting us through this mess, once complained of bad leadership but now tow the same line of greed, avarice and selfishness immediately they had an opportunity to serve.
#MayGodSaveTheBlackMan

You just prayed again....lol
see ya Beloved NDDC @ it again
pple move on oh
prayers no fit save 9ja
28million churches.....
nation with the highest poverty level
smh

https:///HKVHWd
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by ladybug2: 10:28am On Feb 26, 2018
pbayagbon:

You just prayed again....lol
see ya Beloved NDDC @ it again
pple move on oh
prayers no fit save 9ja
28million churches.....
nation with the highest poverty level
smh

https:///HKVHWd

This is the main reason I have chosen not to be a religious fanatic. Naija is the perfect case study. The politicians are in bed with our so-called religious heads.
Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by GeoOla25(m): 10:41am On Feb 26, 2018
Nigerian can be defined as a set of individuals, group, ethics which never give up no matter the level of the situations .

1 Like

Re: 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship by Eagleshield9(m): 7:09pm On Feb 26, 2018
Sometimes I wonder where we are heading to.....the answers I often get always scares the living day light out of me!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (105) (Reply)

Invitation For Written Exams For Police ICT Professional Into Nigerian Police / Nigeria Civil Defence Corp Is Recruiting: / Nigerian Custom Service: Mass Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.