Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

South Africa - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South Africa (18773 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa by morpheus24: 6:06pm On Feb 02, 2010
suxes2005:

Srry, I'm 2 small 2 understand wat u mean bro

Do u mean u r a south african?

SHALOM

Let me make it elementary for you then. I neither live not from South Africa.
Re: South Africa by suxes2005(m): 7:43pm On Feb 02, 2010
hahahahah

now u r talkin bro

So how come u know dos story about
that place?

SHALOM
Re: South Africa by morpheus24: 7:55pm On Feb 02, 2010
suxes2005:

hahahahah

now u r talkin bro

So how come u know dos story about
that place?

SHALOM

Lets just say I specialize in knowing about southern African coutries ergo SA being the largest and most influential in the region.
Re: South Africa by suxes2005(m): 8:26pm On Feb 02, 2010
Aight bro

SHALOM
Re: South Africa by shilling(f): 9:14pm On Feb 04, 2010
RSA:

Check the South African tourism website if you realy want to visit RSA.

Dude, seriously??!! The only reason a person should visit SA is for the World Cup. I have done my fair share of travel around the world, I have witnessed different cultures, lived in SA for a bit (4 years), and the South African blacks are the most xenophobic & uncongenial people I have ever met in my life, Botswana comes in a close 2nd.  Zim, Malawi, Zambia, Angola, Namibia - surprisingly different. It's really baffling, and I've never stop wondering why the 2 countries are so different. I really wonder what's missing. 

1,2:

This is the ugly neighbourhood or slums of South Africa. Its equivalent to some of the suburbs in Nigeria.

Riiiiiiiiight. What's with the denial? We both know you're lying here. Of course Soweto has some okay houses, but most of Soweto is a slum. You sound like you've never been there before.  angry Gosh

RSA:

[b]I think South Africa played a very meaningful part in shaping the current Nigeria,[/b]and for Nigeria to develop further they need South Africa and it's companies,I am not saying this in a arrogant way,hope you understand. 

I'm sure you'll agree that it is has been quite reciprocal considering all we did for your xenophobic country during apartheid.

No country is perfect, and my time in SA contributed in making me who I am today. SA rocks., sometimes.  tongue
Re: South Africa by morpheus24: 11:11pm On Feb 04, 2010
shilling:

Dude, seriously??!! The only reason a person should visit SA is for the World Cup. I have done my fair share of travel around the world, I have witnessed different cultures, lived in SA for a bit (4 years), and the South African blacks are the most xenophobic & uncongenial people I have ever met in my life, Botswana comes in a close 2nd. Zim, Malawi, Zambia, Angola, Namibia - surprisingly different. It's really baffling, and I've never stop wondering why the 2 countries are so different. I really wonder what's missing.

The diffference is the two countries are still suffering from a lasting effect of isolationism from other African countries until recent. The rest of the countries you mention above are relatively aware of general African Affairs which is why they don't exihibit the fear of dominance inherent in cultures that have been repressed. Its a sad truth and I have long given up on how tocomeup with solutions to breaching the gap because like my pops used to say you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink. The Saffers have to come around ie if they ever will.
Re: South Africa by 14(m): 4:01am On Feb 06, 2010
shilling:

Dude, seriously??!! The only reason a person should visit SA is for the World Cup. I have done my fair share of travel around the world, I have witnessed different cultures, lived in SA for a bit (4 years), and the South African blacks are the most xenophobic & uncongenial people I have ever met in my life, Botswana comes in a close 2nd.  Zim, Malawi, Zambia, Angola, Namibia - surprisingly different. It's really baffling, and I've never stop wondering why the 2 countries are so different. I really wonder what's missing. 

Riiiiiiiiight. What's with the denial? We both know you're lying here. Of course Soweto has some okay houses, but most of Soweto is a slum. You sound like you've never been there before.  angry Gosh

I'm sure you'll agree that it is has been quite reciprocal considering all we did for your xenophobic country during apartheid.

No country is perfect, and my time in SA contributed in making me who I am today. SA rocks., sometimes.  tongue

At least they are not killing each other. Could you imaging if you had 2 milliuon South Africans in Nigeria, they would be slaughtered. If you can kill your fellow country men like animals like that, How about a foreigner. No wonder no one has an interest in relocating to Nigeria. You have millions living abroad and they dont want to go back. Its not a surprise why they dont want to go back. Most of Nigerian living in SA converse that they would never return back. Fix your problems first then you can start criticising other countries. You pretend like you are the only counry in Africa. There are 53 countries in Africa and nigeria is one of them. Before you say any thing, just look at home first, Then you can start rubbishing. If you were a better country, why you have a lots and lots of people leaving the country, it shows that something is wrong somewhere. Then you have to ask your self that question. Why are these people running away from this country?
Re: South Africa by shilling(f): 7:20am On Feb 06, 2010
1,2:

At least they are not killing each other. Could you imaging if you had 2 milliuon South Africans in Nigeria, they would be slaughtered. If you can kill your fellow country men like animals like that, How about a foreigner. No wonder no one has an interest in relocating to Nigeria. You have millions living abroad and they dont want to go back. Its not a surprise why they dont want to go back. Most of Nigerian living in SA converse that they would never return back. Fix your problems first then you can start criticising other countries. You pretend like you are the only counry in Africa. There are 53 countries in Africa and nigeria is one of them. Before you say any thing, just look at home first, Then you can start rubbishing. If you were a better country, why you have a lots and lots of people leaving the country, it shows that something is wrong somewhere. Then you have to ask your self that question. Why are these people running away from this country?

Won't even waste my time addressing all the BS you talked about.

Notwithstanding, I have to say that I think it's crucial that you accept the fact that tons of South Africans are also leaving SA. Who wouldn't want to leave with a crime rate like that, among many other things?!! Mumu, enough with the what-ifs, BACK OFF and stop pointing fingers.
Re: South Africa by 14(m): 2:14am On Feb 07, 2010
shilling:

Won't even waste my time addressing all the BS you talked about.

Notwithstanding, I have to say that I think it's crucial that you accept the fact that tons of South Africans are also leaving SA. Who wouldn't want to leave with a crime rate like that, among many other things?!! Mumu, enough with the what-ifs, BACK OFF and stop pointing fingers.

Those South Africans leaving the country, where are they going to? have you had of South African population or little joburg in Lagos. I can tell you that they are not going to Nigeria. As you say that people are leaving the country, there is 1 millions or more Nigeria that are coming into the crime riden country. It seems some one did not warn them about the crime, maybe you can assist in that regard. We try to scare them about the crime, but they still coming. Which means they see some thing good about the country. They are coming in huge numbers. You can assist in warning them about the crime. Try to lure them to Green Canada where they will be racially abused and work in the farms like slaves. Then they will realize that Canada is not really green.
Re: South Africa by shilling(f): 5:36am On Feb 07, 2010
1,2:

Those South Africans leaving the country, where are they going to? have you had of South African population or little joburg in Lagos. I can tell you that they are not going to Nigeria. As you say that people are leaving the country, there is 1 millions or more Nigeria that are coming into the crime riden country. It seems some one did not warn them about the crime, maybe you can assist in that regard. We try to scare them about the crime, but they still coming. Which means they see some thing good about the country. They are coming in huge numbers. You can assist in warning them about the crime. Try to lure them to Green Canada[b] where they will be racially abused and work in the farms like slaves[/b]. Then they will realize that Canada is not really green.

, I bliv you're supposed to be addressing Canada, not South Africa - cos that sounds like you're describing your country. Dude,  FOCUS - it can't be that difficult, limited brain capacity taken into consideration here
Re: South Africa by 14(m): 8:45pm On Feb 07, 2010
shilling:

, I bliv you're supposed to be addressing Canada, not South Africa - cos that sounds like you're describing your country. Dude, FOCUS - it can't be that difficult, limited brain capacity taken into consideration here

Its you again, you really love South Africa. Always commenting on South Africa's issues. Did you pass through South Africa on your way to Canada, in order to get an easy access to Canada. Are you one of those who married a local sothat you acquire Citizenship so it would be easier to travel to Canada. Lets hope you did not get the good looking one with HIV. You are busy spreading it across Canada. You should get tested, you are SICK.
Re: South Africa by shilling(f): 12:03am On Feb 08, 2010
Silence, being the best answer for a FOOL
Re: South Africa by RSA(m): 8:35am On Feb 08, 2010
1,2:

Its you again, you really love South Africa. Always commenting on South Africa's issues. Did you pass through South Africa on your way to Canada, in order to get an easy access to Canada. Are you one of those who married a local sothat you acquire Citizenship so it would be easier to travel to Canada. Lets hope you did not get the good looking one with HIV. You are busy spreading it across Canada. You should get tested, you are SICK.

grin grin grin You are right 1,2 she's probably a prostittute in Canada,apparently that's what they do when they ship them overseas grin
And Yes she said she lived in RSA for four year,just longer to get SA citizenship,she is traveling with South African passport,that is why there is a strong interest from her in South Africa.
Re: South Africa by MWayne1: 9:50am On Feb 09, 2010
Hey RSA, whts up? I would like to ask ya some few questions. I wanna travel to S.A Cape Town precisely, but i have no idea on the visa stuff side and how much all that is gonna cost me. Plz can u be of any help. Am Michael Wayne.
Re: South Africa by MWayne1: 11:00am On Feb 09, 2010
RSA and 1,2, can u plz beep me on +234 813 320 2450 wen u r back online? Thanx so much
Re: South Africa by RSA(m): 11:47am On Feb 09, 2010
M.Wayne:

RSA and 1,2, can u plz beep me on +234 813 320 2450 wen u r back online? Thanx so much

I'm sorry my brotha I have no Ideas on how you could get a SA visa except iby going to South African embassy or consulate in Nigeria.Maybe 1,2 can help

But I can tell you where to visit while in RSA cheesy
Re: South Africa by ajani27(m): 12:09pm On Feb 09, 2010
Gents I moved from the UK to SA last year as an expat and can tell you that South Africa is on par with most European countries that I have visited. The major problem apart from violent crime is that service delivery is terrible. Aside from this, every other thing is just on par with most European countries. Of course crime is a problem but you might just be able to live away from these sort of areas if you have money. Talking about money, there seems to be a lot of wealth amongst the well to do black people and of course the whites have a lot of money. Overall, I've been here for just over 6 months and I've been extremely impressed by what I've seen so far compared to in this particular case Nigeria. The blacks in general are not too comfortable with other blacks though but I suppose that should not be too much of an issue. Its takes time to get used to the people and the food, culture etc but overall for a neutral its a much more better place to live more than Nigeria, of course a Nigerian or South African may disagree with this. Lastly, infrastructures are well in place but just lacks a bit of the more developed countries i.e maintenance and sustainability. If I may use the UK as standard for rating these two countries, I would score SA 7/10 and Nigeria 4/10. Lastly I should say that Nigeria has a great potential to be a great nation as well but the leaders would have to start, we all know.
Re: South Africa by RSA(m): 3:23pm On Feb 09, 2010
^^I wish you all the best for all your endeavour my brother,people like you are what Africa need.This is not about competition,SA has a lot to learn from Nigeria and vice a versa.Service delivery in poor areas,health and crime are three major issues in South Africa and I'm sure we will find solution for it.

We are not saying South Africa is a first world country,but a working country.As a country we've seen different kind of people in our country,suspecious of some and friendly to some.It is a human nature.
Black people continue to develop at a very high pace,and still the goverment and its people want that pace to grow faster.

I have no issues with Nigerians infact I love Nigerians,I've been to lagos once and plan to visit soon maybe other places.Yes Nigeria is not South Africa and I was not there to compare the two countries.But I wont sit here and listen to some fooll telling me that black South Africans are stuppid and lazy when I know that our people are the hard working Africans I know.
Re: South Africa by suxes2005(m): 6:50pm On Feb 09, 2010
I wish to visit S.A ASAP

Any1 wanna invite me?
Will love to spend at least a week
and visit lots of places.

SHALOM
Re: South Africa by morpheus24: 6:59pm On Feb 09, 2010
suxes2005:

I wish to visit S.A ASAP

Any1 wanna invite me?

SHALOM

You no go come back!!
Re: South Africa by Nobody: 8:05pm On Feb 09, 2010
^^^^Suxes go come back, i trust am! Hahahahahaha. Lol
Re: South Africa by RSA(m): 8:48am On Feb 10, 2010
suxes2005:

I wish to visit S.A ASAP

Any1 wanna invite me?

SHALOM

Where in SA do you want to visit?

I offered to host Mr Mo grin and my offer still stand,I am in cape town but during the world cup I will be in Rustenburg,North West Province where I was born.
Re: South Africa by suxes2005(m): 9:13am On Feb 10, 2010
RSA:

Where in SA do you want to visit?

I offered to host Mr Mo grin and my offer still stand,I am in cape town but during the world cup I will be in Rustenburg,North West Province where I was born.

Anywhere that is safe bro.
So far you will host me cos
i aint got money and i'l luv 2 follow u down 2 ur home town

morpheus24:

You no go come back!!

hahahahahah
I go come back because i stil dey plan my
usa student visa against Fall 2010.

So just spend a week dia and if i see better work
i can do or rather come home afta dat 1 week.

Tamita, tnx jare

SHALOM
Re: South Africa by 14(m): 11:40pm On Feb 10, 2010
Cape Town and Rustenburg are safest places. Do not even worry about the crime. Its as piece you wont believe it. I know Rustenburg very well, it is not that far away from where i am, Pretoria. Its only 110km away from here. It takes me 1 hour drive to go to Rustenburg. It a mining town, where 80% of plutinum comes from. 70% of people there work in the mines. But its the fastest growing City in South Africa, as a results opportunities are galore.

Cape Town there is in no money. Most of people who live there have made their money some where else. Some poeple have businesses in Joburg but live in cape town.

Go to Rustenburg my man, you wont regret it. The women are also beautiful. But use protection all the time.
Re: South Africa by shola123(m): 9:10am On Feb 11, 2010
Crime in South Africa,
The high rate of crime in South Africa is of major concern for expatriates moving to or living in South Africa.

South Africa has got the highest crime rate per 100,000 residents in the world regarding assault,
despoil and murder as shown in various statistics and was getting lots of undesirable attention recently
for being dubbed as the 5th most dangerous city, so called "murder-capital" in the world.

South Africa is often referred to as one of the high-risk areas in the world with a murder rate on par
with that of Rio de Janeiro according to the United Nations in 2006.

With 1797 murders with a population of roughly 4,785,000 residents in Cape Town the murder ratio
is around 55 murders for every 100,000 persons. These are shocking figures for sure. But you should
know more about Crime in Cape Town and learn where most of the crime happens.
visit http://visasecret..com to read more of the crimes and precaution tips.

To Your Success!
Shola
Re: South Africa by suxes2005(m): 9:10am On Feb 11, 2010
Thanks 1,2

Anyways, i hope to visit as many places as i could during my stay

RSA, where are you?

SHALOM
Re: South Africa by RSA(m): 10:58am On Feb 11, 2010
^^I am busy celebrating 20th annivesary of the release of Tata Nelson Rholihlahla Mandela grin cool We are celebrating the birth of my country wink

To all South Africans here and her friends,let us celebrate this Icon of ours.

I say if God of the Jew was Abraham's friend,then our God is Mandela's friend.
Re: South Africa by RSA(m): 11:13am On Feb 11, 2010
shola123:

Crime in South Africa,
The high rate of crime in South Africa is of major concern for expatriates moving to or living in South Africa.

South Africa has got the highest crime rate per 100,000 residents in the world regarding assault,
despoil and murder as shown in various statistics and was getting lots of undesirable attention recently
for being dubbed as the 5th most dangerous city, so called "murder-capital" in the world.

South Africa is often referred to as one of the high-risk areas in the world with a murder rate on par
with that of Rio de Janeiro according to the United Nations in 2006.

With 1797 murders with a population of roughly 4,785,000 residents in Cape Town the murder ratio
is around 55 murders for every 100,000 persons. These are shocking figures for sure. But you should
know more about Crime in Cape Town and learn where most of the crime happens.
visit http://visasecret..com to read more of the crimes and precaution tips.

To Your Success!
Shola

Shola the information you provided is a open secret,everybody knows about crime and South Africa.And we also know it is over exagerated.
I thought you where going to give people proper info,like where to go when in RSA,or what kinds of places are too dangerous.
But I see that you are new here.I even doubt if you know anything about SA except what you've told or read.
Re: South Africa by suxes2005(m): 6:42pm On Feb 11, 2010
RSA

c'grat i tout it was 27yrs?
never mind shola he needs
traffic to his blog.

So wat up?

SHALOM
Re: South Africa by RSA(m): 9:31am On Feb 12, 2010
suxes2005:

RSA

c'grat i tout it was 27yrs?
never mind shola he needs
traffic to his blog.

So wat up?

SHALOM

Don't worri I won't mind him grin

Brother it is the other way round Mandela spend 27 years in prison and yesterday we where celebrating 20 years since his release in 1990.

So are you stll interested in a trip to Mandelaland? grin
Re: South Africa by suxes2005(m): 4:59pm On Feb 12, 2010
RSA

Aight then,

As per d trip, I'm still interested and
waiting for you to say somfin about it.

SHALOM
Re: South Africa by 14(m): 11:22am On Feb 13, 2010
RSA:

Shola the information you provided is a open secret,everybody knows about crime and South Africa.And we also know it is over exagerated.
I thought you where going to give people proper info,like where to go when in RSA,or what kinds of places are too dangerous.
But I see that you are new here.I even doubt if you know anything about SA except what you've told or read.

At least we are not killing 450 peaple a day. Since he provided us with South African stats, can he also provides us with Nigerian stats. Do they have Department of Statistics? Or do they really do stats on crime, health, Education and Road excidents. Here we do stats in almost every thing, it helps to direct resources. Hei Shola, could you please supply us with Nigerian stats on crime or the link?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Naira To Ghana Cedi / 10 Die In Ondo Crash, Truck Driver Flees / 2 Navy Helicopters Collide Mid-Air In Malaysia, 10 Dead (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.