Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

South Africa - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South Africa (18766 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa by fck4fun(m): 2:01pm On Mar 12, 2010
hello RSA i see u know a whole lot about South Africa, well am planning on coming over to SA for a visit, my babe over there (a South African) wants to invite me (send me an invitation letter) but she doesn't have a clue as to how it is written.Could u please gimme a sample of a South African letter of invitation? Hope to read ur response soon!!! Thanks Man!!!
Re: South Africa by fck4fun(m): 2:05pm On Mar 12, 2010
RSA u could mail the sample letter to my e-mail box on ftipsy1@yahoo.com
thanx a bunch man, smiley
Re: South Africa by morpheus24: 2:32pm On Mar 12, 2010
f*ck4fun:

hello RSA i see u know a whole lot about South Africa, well am planning on coming over to SA for a visit, my babe over there (a South African) wants to invite me (send me an invitation letter) but she doesn't have a clue as to how it is written.Could u please gimme a sample of a South African letter of invitation? Hope to read your response soon!!! Thanks Man!!!

How you take get girlfriend for SA when you never reach that side.

HA Benin boys no dey carry last!!!
Re: South Africa by 14(m): 12:42am On Mar 14, 2010
RSA:

Board committee membership Chairman of Group executive and steering committee. Attends various board committee meetings ex officio

Other directorships
Director of various companies in the MTN Group. Director of Newshelf 664 (Pty) Limited, Tsogo Sun Kwazulu-Natal (Pty) Limited and Engen Limited.
Non-executive chairman of Worldwide African Investments Holdings (Pty) Limited, the GSMC association and Trustee of the Alpine Trust.

Skills, expertise and experience
Previously a director of Johnnic Holdings Limited, Nedcor Limited, The Bidvest Group Limited, Alexander Forbes Limited and co-founder of Worldwide African Investment Holdings (Pty) Limited. Prior to joining MTN he also served at Standard Corporate Merchant Bank.

He is a South African and a Xhosa by tribe

Is this guy Morpheus crazy or what? Yaa, now you really show me that you don't live in SA. CEO of MTN is not South African, you should be smoking something. Have you lost your mind or there is something that you want to proof. Your justifications always out of this world. You should be sent to a mental institution, you are really losing the mable in the name of justification. If there is something that you want to proof, please tell us what it is.

Nhleko's shares on MTN was R2.7Billion last year, i don't kno what they worth now. Let me tell you that Nhleko is 120% South African, hater. Do you want me to show you people who control Multichoice?

Your problem is, you don't have respect for black South Africans. You think every thing in South Africa is controlled by whites. giving white people so much respect. There are too many companies that are controlled and run by blacks, multibillion dollar companies.
Re: South Africa by 14(m): 12:50am On Mar 14, 2010
morpheus24:

You need to post all the directors including the white ones to get a fair view please

And by the way Nkelo doesn't really count as a South African, I think Dabengwo is Zimbabwean,You sure these execs apart from Ramphosa are local South African citizens.

I am reading some issues concerning locals vs "foreigners" issues with MTN too I see the discrimination is

We are talking about TOP people, not people who just sit in the board.

I saw forbes rich list, i never saw any one from Nigeria. are those Billionares that we read about last time Self made billionares?
Re: South Africa by MzansiSA: 8:14am On Mar 15, 2010
morpheus24:

How you take get girlfriend for SA when you never reach that side.

HA Benin boys no dey carry last!!!

grin grin Technology grin
Re: South Africa by AOB92: 12:09pm On Mar 15, 2010
@ 1,2, RSA and others in SA
I just finished my bachelors degree here in Nigeria and i am thinking of going to SA for my masters degree.I am presently considering the following schools : UCT(university of Capetown), Witwatersrand, Stellenbosch and Rhodes, I would appreciate if you guys can give me any inside info about life in this schools and other info that might help me make a choice( i dont want to make a bad one, lol) and i would also like to ask some other questions, I hope you guys would be of help to me, cheers, waiting
Re: South Africa by morpheus24: 1:50pm On Mar 15, 2010
1,2:

We are talking about TOP people, not people who just sit in the board.

I[b] saw forbes rich list, i never saw any one from Nigeria[/b]. are those Billionares that we read about last time Self made billionares?

One word , "DANGOTE"
Re: South Africa by morpheus24: 1:58pm On Mar 15, 2010
1,2:

Is this guy Morpheus crazy or what? Yaa, now you really show me that you don't live in SA. CEO of MTN is not South African, you should be smoking something. Have you lost your mind or there is something that you want to proof. Your justifications always out of this world. You should be sent to a mental institution, you are really losing the mable in the name of justification. If there is something that you want to proof, please tell us what it is.

Nhleko's shares on MTN was R2.7Billion last year, i don't kno what they worth now. Let me tell you that Nhleko is 120% South African, hater. Do you want me to show you people who control Multichoice?

Your problem is, you don't have respect for black South Africans. You think every thing in South Africa is controlled by whites. giving white people so much respect. There are too many companies that are controlled and run by blacks, multibillion dollar companies.

Yeah your are right I don't have respect for black south Africans who are ignorant of the continent they live in and continue to live in shells oblivious to the rest of the world around them. They shout we are Africans but are far from the essense of what it really means to be African, to be concious of the reality in the space they occupy within the continent.

As for the CEO , my sources had revealed he was from Swaziland. I must have mistaken him for another CEO Tebogo Mogapi.

I will retract that statment.
Re: South Africa by 14(m): 6:30pm On Mar 15, 2010
morpheus24:

Yeah your are right I don't have respect for black south Africans who are ignorant of the continent they live in and continue to live in shells oblivious to the rest of the world around them. They shout we are Africans but are far from the essense of what it really means to be African, to be concious of the reality in the space they occupy within the continent.

As for the CEO , my sources had revealed he was from Swaziland. I must have mistaken him for another CEO Tebogo Mogapi.

I will retract that statment.

If Black south africans don't associate themselves with Africa, thats non of your business. You can continue hating them, we will see what you gonna gain out of it.  At least you made it clear to us, no more arguments with you. Now we know how you feel about the country.

One other thing about your justification in every thing blacks, Nhleko is not from Swaziland. There are no xhozas in Swaziland. It goes to show the extend you can go just to justify your hatred for black South Africans. I just feel pity for you because at the end of the day, you are the one who looks stupiid.
Re: South Africa by morpheus24: 7:00pm On Mar 15, 2010
1,2:

If Black south africans don't associate themselves with Africa, thats non of your business. You can continue hating them, we will see what you gonna gain out of it.  At least you made it clear to us, no more arguments with you. Now we know how you feel about the country.

One other thing about your justification in every thing blacks, Nhleko is not from Swaziland. There are no xhozas in Swaziland. It goes to show the extend you can go just to justify your hatred for black South Africans. I just feel pity for you because at the end of the day, you are the one who looks stupiid.

You really are a block head you know. I simply stated my gripe with SA's which is valid and clear as one can make in any arguement and the above is the best response you can come up with. Maybe you waiting for me to proclaim I hate SA's(which obviously I don't) so you can justify your ignorance of the daily perpetuaty of what some of your country men are guilty of.   Unfortunatley, You will never hear that from my mouth my friend.  Try again.

I am making it my business as a citizen of the collective body of human beings on God's green earth, My right as a citizen of the continent, My proclaimation of my Africanism and My right as a fellow member of the individuals who refer to themselves as "black" people to voice my opinion on issues within SA and anywhere else of Africa I feel like. If you don't like it well, wink

As for the CEO. I retracted my statement based on a mix up with a different MTN CEO. I have the balls to admit when I am mistaken, Are you?

Meditate on this song and know Africa is more than Southy's,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6Fy8e7RZow&feature=related
Re: South Africa by 14(m): 7:26pm On Mar 15, 2010
morpheus24:

You really are a block head you know. I simply stated my gripe with SA's which is valid and clear as one can make in any arguement and the above is the best response you can come up with. Maybe you waiting for me to proclaim I hate SA's(which obviously I don't) so you can justify your ignorance of the daily perpetuaty of what some of your country men are guilty of. Unfortunatley, You will never hear that from my mouth my friend. Try again.

I am making it my business as a citizen of the collective body of human beings on God's green earth, My right as a citizen of the continent, My proclaimation of my Africanism and My right as a fellow member of the individuals who refer to themselves as "black" people to voice my opinion on issues within SA and anywhere else of Africa I feel like. If you don't like it well, wink

As for the CEO. I retracted my statement based on a mix up with a different MTN CEO. I have the balls to admit when I am mistaken, Are you?

Meditate on this song and know Africa is more than Southy's,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6Fy8e7RZow&feature=related

No body ever said South Africa is bigger than Africa. actually every in SA knows that Africa is bigger and stronger than SA. No body is disputing that. I don't know where this supriority that is lebelled on south africa comes from. People here do't even superio to the rest of the continent.
Re: South Africa by RSA(m): 2:19pm On Mar 18, 2010
I am happy to be back finally,can you belief that I was banned for telling the truth,any way I am from Mandelasland forgiving is part of who I am.
Re: South Africa by AOB92: 2:38pm On Mar 18, 2010
@RSA, Do you want to help with my questions, Others kind of ignored it
Re: South Africa by morpheus24: 3:15pm On Mar 18, 2010
RSA:

I am happy to be back finally,can you belief that I was banned for telling the truth,any way I am from Mandelasland forgiving is part of who I am.

ha RSA, Dem Ban you. Chei!, i will send a note to the moderator so it doesn't happen again.

just wire some funds into my account asap and problem solved.HEHEHEHE!!
Re: South Africa by MzansiSA: 3:19pm On Mar 18, 2010
@AOB all the univesity mentioned are world class,I think the biggest decision should be about the outside life,where you want to be based?Do you want tobe based in Cape town,Port Elizabeth or Johannesburg.

Cape town is lowback kind of city,indigenous blacks are minority in this city,accomodation is not cheap but the positive thing is crime is generally low,depending of which area you'll stay at.

Port Elizabeth is a lovely place,lowback just like Cape town,people are some of the friendliest in the country.Accomodation I think is not bad,I not sure of its availabity though.

Johannesburg,this is the heart of South Africa,this is money machine city,gangsters parradise,people mind their business and always on the move,you'll be spoiled for choices based on your pocket.Knowing the no go area lesson is a must.

Regarding Information on  Univesities please visit their websites.
Re: South Africa by RSA(m): 3:37pm On Mar 18, 2010
morpheus24:

ha RSA, Dem Ban you. Chei!, i will send a note to the moderator so it doesn't happen again.

just wire some funds into my account asap and problem solved.HEHEHEHE!!

I thought you have something to do with it Mr Mo grin,but I understood the MODS reason,I went overboard by calling you Nigerians animals after seeing the horrific picture of hundreds of children and woman,some even pregnant.

You do know Mr Mo that South Africans can be animals when they want,but I don't remember woman and children becoming victims,most of the fights including the xenophobia attacks where men against men,women where spared.Violence does not solve anything,and no lasting peace could be achived through violence.

I just wishes that Africans could see beyond their clan,tribe,religion,country and colour.We need to move on,the world has moved on.

Mo the is a big FIFA concert in Soweto,with over 100 artist from all over the world.There is Jay Z and other artists grin
Re: South Africa by morpheus24: 5:43pm On Mar 18, 2010
RSA:

I thought you have something to do with it Mr Mo grin,but I understood the MODS reason,I went overboard by calling you Nigerians animals after seeing the horrific picture of hundreds of children and woman,some even pregnant.
I will be the last person to kick you off this site.

RSA:

You do know Mr Mo that South Africans can be animals when they want,but I don't remember woman and children becoming victims,most of the fights including the xenophobia attacks where men against men,women where spared.Violence does not solve anything,and no lasting peace could be achived through violence.

I just wishes that Africans could see beyond their clan,tribe,religion,country and colour.We need to move on,the world has moved on.
If you killa woman's husband i don't see that as spearing her any anguish at all plus those animals that killed those women and children have no nationality. They are bloody Fulani herds men that cross over from all parts of cameroun, Chad, Niger and so on disturbing settled people all across Jos
RSA:

Mo the is a big FIFA concert in Soweto,with over 100 artist from all over the world.There is Jay Z and other artists grin

Tust me I already know about this and other events like this one:

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/international/2010/03/16/ia.meeting.mzoli.bk.c.cnn
Re: South Africa by morpheus24: 5:47pm On Mar 18, 2010
Mzansi/SA:

Johannesburg,this is the heart of South Africa,this is money machine city,gangsters parradise,people mind their business and always on the move,you'll be spoiled for choices based on your pocket.Knowing the no go area lesson is a must.

Mmmm reminds me of lagos aka las gidi
Re: South Africa by 14(m): 5:11am On Mar 20, 2010
@RSA, you don't call people Animals. We are happy that you are back, just stay away from controversy. i guess you were so angry seeing people being killed like animals. People get killed here @ Mzansi, but not in that way. When i saw those pictures my heart was burning. I am not Nigerian but i was angry. You can't kill people like that. This is not acceptable. Poeple must just live in harmony. Respect is the most important think, i think these tribes are not respecting each other. Someone is trying to be better than other.

GOD HELP AFRICA
Re: South Africa by AKO1(m): 7:47am On Mar 22, 2010
Quick question: Can I apply for and get the new e-passport from the Nigerian consulate here? I hear the old passport is being phased out by the end of this year.
Re: South Africa by Nobody: 8:49pm On Mar 27, 2010
i decided to come to RSA myself and see the facts and figures instead of posting comments.

southy is far better than Naija.

u get to see crimes in advanced countries.
i am in netwaters complex, Randburg and i am loving the place.

no light failure, little or no hooting and everywhere is cool.
no conductor for here if u enter bus oo, na person wey sit down for front seat go collect funds for the driver,
so organised,
Re: South Africa by 14(m): 12:13am On Mar 28, 2010
hailolive:

i decided to come to RSA myself and see the facts and figures instead of posting comments.

southy is far better than Naija.

u get to see crimes in advanced countries.
i am in netwaters complex, Randburg and i am loving the place.

no light failure, little or no hooting and everywhere is cool.
no conductor for here if u enter bus oo, na person wey sit down for front seat go collect funds for the driver,
so organised,

Are you here already? You are in randburg, where about in Randburg? Randburg is massive. Are you across the freeway(N1). You should drive to Pretoria and see for yourself aloong the way. You will feel like you are in Europe or USA. The free ways are so advanced than most of the European Countries. I am based in Centurion Pretoria. Its yo Randburg of Pretoria. Its a nicest place.

Let me tell you something, i have said it over and over, that South Africa's crime situation is overexaggerated. The study in the UK has just found out that a British tourist is likely to die in German, Spain, Portugal. South Africa was voted the least country a british tourist can die. Which means a British tourist is much safer in South Africa than in German, Spain, Portugal and some European countries. These finding is something that we have always waited for. South Africa is not even the most dangerous place in the world. 5o people don't get killed every day, thats lies. Don't belive that.
Re: South Africa by RSA(m): 8:51am On Mar 29, 2010
@Hailolive welcome to South Africa and I know you'll enjoy the country.I have just moved from Cape Town back to Jozi,I live in Ruimsig,West Rand not far from Randburg and will definetely won't mind meeting with you and your friends one day and take you around.

@1,2 another study say majority of crime happens in the most poorest area of the country and murder and rappes happens amongst people who knows each other and most are related and alcohol abuse plays a big role.

I have never heard a gun short in the past 16 years,South Africa according to me is much more safer now than during aapartheid.
But I am first to aggree that the is a force that is preaching the opposite and only God knows why they are doing it.FIFA President once mentioned this forces within and outside the country and questioned their intentions.I think it is racism others think it is political.
Re: South Africa by juanita01: 9:22pm On Apr 02, 2010
South Africa is a nice beautiful country with lots of nija in here but i promise you its not really easy. Getting a residence is one of the easiest things if you know your way, ie, giving you the advantage of changing your status from normal visiting visa to work, study and even getting marriage, The best option for anyone coming is holding money to start up a bussiness in here. Bussiness like, hairdressing, sellings cars are comon among nija. Best place to live is not Joburg, but can advise on nelspruit, mpumalanga, durban, pretoria etc. When here choose good company, join a bible believing church and mix up with the right people and you will achieve what you want. But think before leaving nija. If you making 60k and above, safe and do something nice with your life back home. A room in here is about 30k to 40k per month in nija money and getting a job is hard except security which pay some 50k naira so you see what i mean up there. Think b4 you travel,
Re: South Africa by neddy1999(m): 7:11pm On Apr 03, 2010
kk
Re: South Africa by NNS83: 3:07pm On Apr 06, 2010
Just came across this thread , big ups to RSA as im from Mzansi as well!! We generally focus on the negatives rather than complimenting the positives, which is why this world is the way it is.
Maybe its time someone in Nigeria post some ACCURATE positive stats so we can learn more from each other. But what I have noticed is how funny it is that Nigerians come to SA and within a month they think they know better about SA than the locals. undecided
I am planning on going to Nigeria this year bt I know that I cannot conclude that life is the same in Lagos as it is in Abuja or Ibadan.
Seems narrow-minded to me!
Re: South Africa by morpheus24: 4:42pm On Apr 06, 2010
NNS83:

Just came across this thread , big ups to RSA as im from Mzansi as well!! We generally focus on the negatives rather than complimenting the positives, which is why this world is the way it is.
Maybe its time someone in Nigeria post some ACCURATE positive stats so we can learn more from each other. But what I have noticed is how funny it is that Nigerians come to SA and within a month they think they know better about SA than the locals. undecided
I am planning on going to Nigeria this year bt I know that I cannot conclude that life is the same in Lagos as it is in Abuja or Ibadan.
Seems narrow-minded to me!

Its called the Naija Swagga

*Joke*

A foreign journalist once visited kenya. On his way to a particular area he came across a passerby whom when approached identified as a native Kenyan. THe journalist posed a question,

"Brother, How are you. Please I am looking for this joint called Mama's. Can you possibly direct me there"
"Sorry I don't know. I just moved to this area about five years ago'. The kenyan replied.

The journalist trekked further and now came across another man who once approached identified as Ghanaian and was posed with the same question. He responded

'Sorry. I don't know I just moved to this area about 3 months ago"

Lastly as the journalist trekked on he came across a man whom identified as[b] Nigerian [/b] and was asked the same question.

The Nigerian replied "Ah Mama's. Of course. I know the area. Come I can escort you there and when you go in make sure you ask for Madam Elizabeth. She will hook you up with the best soup you have ever had and once you are done make sure you stroll across to the bar across the side street. You will find the best beer to wash down that soup, make sure you ask for a man named Joshua, tell him I sent you and he will take good care of you".

The journalist thanked the Nigerian and just before strolling off quickly turned backed and asked the Nigerian one more question.

"Beg your pardon, Brother. It seems you know this area well. How long have you been here?

THe Nigerian man replied "Ah I came here only two days ago."

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!
Re: South Africa by Houses: 4:59pm On Apr 06, 2010
Guys you could purchase a ticket to south africa at a cutdown price far low from what airlines would offer
Just contact me on 08067554041 We also do hotel reservations
Re: South Africa by RSA(m): 3:43pm On Apr 07, 2010
@Morph whats the moral of the story? grin

@NNS83 welcome bru!Happy to hear from a Proudly South African in a foreign 'land' grin
Re: South Africa by morpheus24: 4:02pm On Apr 07, 2010
RSA:

@Morph whats the moral of the story? grin

The moral of the story is??

THERE IS NO MORAL. ITS A JOKE!!!!
Re: South Africa by 14(m): 11:12pm On Apr 07, 2010
morpheus24:

Its called the Naija Swagga

*Joke*

A foreign journalist once visited kenya. On his way to a particular area he came across a passerby whom when approached identified as a native Kenyan. THe journalist posed a question,

"Brother, How are you. Please I am looking for this joint called Mama's. Can you possibly direct me there"
"Sorry I don't know. I just moved to this area about five years ago'. The kenyan replied.

The journalist trekked further and now came across another man who once approached identified as Ghanaian and was posed with the same question. He responded

'Sorry. I don't know I just moved to this area about 3 months ago"

Lastly as the journalist trekked on he came across a man whom identified as[b] Nigerian [/b] and was asked the same question.

The Nigerian replied "Ah Mama's. Of course. I know the area. Come I can escort you there and when you go in make sure you ask for Madam Elizabeth. She will hook you up with the best soup you have ever had and once you are done make sure you stroll across to the bar across the side street. You will find the best beer to wash down that soup, make sure you ask for a man named Joshua, tell him I sent you and he will take good care of you".

The journalist thanked the Nigerian and just before strolling off quickly turned backed and asked the Nigerian one more question.

"Beg your pardon, Brother. It seems you know this area well. How long have you been here?

THe Nigerian man replied "Ah I came here only two days ago."

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE!!!

Surely you did not understand NNS83. NNS83 is talking about knowing about South Africa, not knowing the places. You can know a lot of places in SA but not understand the country, the history, the people, culture and way of life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Payment For Trolley At Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos / 10 Die In Ondo Crash, Truck Driver Flees / COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.