Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,082 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:26 PM

Is Suicide Really The Way Forward?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Suicide Really The Way Forward?? (573 Views)

Are Igbos Really The Most Beautiful Tribe In Nigeria? / Is Money Really The ONLY Thing To Use In Getting A Lady?? (PHOTOS) / Thread For All Those Still Single In 2017: What's The Way Forward? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Suicide Really The Way Forward?? by SirMichael1: 4:07pm On May 01, 2017
It is overwhelming to know that the rate of suicide attempt in Nigeria has increased in the last quarter, some successful and some... Well... Prevented. Following the demise (committed suicide) of a woman who lost 400k to 'that' pyramid scheme called MMM, Nigerians have found a new way to escape from the responsibilities, difficulties, pains, etc of life by seeking what seemingly feels like the easiest way out; *Suicide*

I was reading a post on on this forum and by Jove, in the midst of anger, I almost shared tears. A man (A full blown man) of 34 years with 3 children committed suicide over what?...

​'His father's attitude towards him in terms of giving him money'

His dad lives in America and seldom provide for him. When he does, he sends the money through his other wife's son(his step brother) and most times it isn't enough for him to take care of his family. So he always threatens his father that he would commit suicide if his father doesn't start treating him like he treats his other sons because he gives them more money than him. So on this faithful day, the guy updates his status on Facebook 'I'm tired of life, I think suicide is the best option' hoping his father sees and amend his ways. Foooooor where... Instead a guy commented on the status fostering him go ahead and that he has ropes self.

In short, the guy took sniper and 'kpeme' saying that since his dad didn't want to take care of him, he'd sacrifice himself for his family, hopefully, just hopefully, his dad would look upon his sacrifice and would have mercy.

This is someone who according to his dad womanizes and has children with different women. His dad complained about how very stubborn he was prior to his death.

Me sha, my problem is not that one. It is why a man of 34, who is just starting life and who also has a family would decide to end his life neglecting the life he would live hereafter?

A doctor jumped inside a lagoon, a student drank sniper over academic performance, another student took sniper over roommates shaming (calling her a thief), the list goes on

That's all about that. I don tire and my fingers dey pain me self cry

Has it ever crossed your mind at the rate in which Nigerians have adopted the white man's way of living, even their pattern of death?

Leave your opinion in the comment below. Lol

Re: Is Suicide Really The Way Forward?? by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 01, 2017
How is this romantic nah ? sad
Re: Is Suicide Really The Way Forward?? by dingbang(m): 4:09pm On May 01, 2017
Hungry dey kash me ... I no get strength to type
Re: Is Suicide Really The Way Forward?? by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 01, 2017
Why you bringing race into a sensitive issue like suicide.
Re: Is Suicide Really The Way Forward?? by Viking007(m): 4:20pm On May 01, 2017
I think the recession caused the sudden increase in suicide deaths. Most if not all cases are in one way or the other related to money.
Re: Is Suicide Really The Way Forward?? by Gebbson007(m): 4:24pm On May 01, 2017
Smh
Op u need 2 commit suicide 4 bringing dz hre ,nuh d right section
Re: Is Suicide Really The Way Forward?? by SirMichael1: 4:42pm On May 01, 2017
AnthonioAlsaid:
Why you bringing race into a sensitive issue like suicide.

Please I didn't bring any oo.
Re: Is Suicide Really The Way Forward?? by SirMichael1: 4:45pm On May 01, 2017
suzan404:
How is this romantic nah ? sad

Ssshhh. Don't complain because only the mods can move it to the right section. Ma binu eh, just deal with it biko
Re: Is Suicide Really The Way Forward?? by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 01, 2017
Is it we that we are alive you're asking.
Re: Is Suicide Really The Way Forward?? by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 01, 2017
SirMichael1:

Ssshhh. Don't complain because only the mods can move it to the right section. Ma binu eh, just deal with it biko
Lol.....just call a Mod to help you move it to the right section kiss

(1) (Reply)

The Biggest Email Marketing Platform ; EMAILFOREST / I Need A Lady For A Serious Relationship / 5 Ways To Have Great Sex When You’re Tired Or Just Lazy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.