Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,348 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Benue Begins Fertilizer Production - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benue Begins Fertilizer Production (878 Views)

Buhari To Commission Cross River Noodles Factory, Fertilizer, Chicken Plant / Army Begins Operation Identification Nationwide Today / Edo State To Begin Fertilizer Production In June (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benue Begins Fertilizer Production by mashin(m): 6:17pm On May 01, 2017
BENUE FERTILIZER BLENDING PLANT COMMENCES PRODUCTION

By Terver Akase

Governor Samuel Ortom, accompanied by his Deputy, Engineer Benson Abounu and other members of the State Executive Council, today inspected work at the refurbished state fertilizer blending plant in Makurdi.

The concessionaire, Mr Moses Adi, took the Governor round the production and administrative areas of the plant. He gave assurance that with effect from this cropping season, Benue farmers would have no cause to look outside the state to purchase fertilizer as the company is set to commence full production in the next couple of days.

Governor Ortom who later spoke to newsmen on the fertilizer blending plant, said the decision to revive the company is one of his administration's priority measures to boost agriculture:

His words:

"This is in keeping covenant with the people of Benue State in ensuring that Benue as the food basket of the nation continues to get its fertilizer right here in Makurdi. And that plant has the capacity of even extending its services to other parts of this country. That is why the concessionaire has been in touch with the federal government to tap into the policy of Government to provide raw materials for our farmers and ensure that fertilisers are sold at five thousand five hundred naira per bag across the board and that has been done.

"We have taken the right step in the right direction by bringing the right concessionaire as you can see things for yourself. The plant has under gone test production and is ready for commissioning. I am told that within one week, it will be ready for commissioning so we do not need to go very far to begin to obtain fertiliser for our people. So that is one more step that we have gotten right."
Re: Benue Begins Fertilizer Production by Mophasa(m): 6:22pm On May 01, 2017
Nice move from ortom the cowardly governor

At least people like omenkalives can now be employed and stop working for the evil and deceitful Bmc cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Benue Begins Fertilizer Production by omenkaLives(m): 6:27pm On May 01, 2017
Mophasa:
Nice move from ortom the cowardly governor

At least people like omenkalives can now be employed and stop working for the evil and deceitful Bmc cool
And what does your father do for a living young man?

Why don't you worry about that instead of mine?
Re: Benue Begins Fertilizer Production by Mophasa(m): 6:33pm On May 01, 2017
omenkaLives:
And what does your father doesn't for a living young man?

Doesn't for a living? cry

I give up! Your case is hopeless

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benue Begins Fertilizer Production by nNEOo(m): 6:40pm On May 01, 2017
patiently waiting for the herdsmen
omenka what do you think?..... I think the good ppl of benue should give up farming n embrace peace grin
Re: Benue Begins Fertilizer Production by Gravas(m): 7:10pm On May 01, 2017
I thought they have started. Forget. This may just be politics. Na today. Let them start before i will send my commendations. A whole food basket of the nation, and there is no single fertilizer company. If Ortom will achieve this feat, he will conveniently outscore Akume and Suswam. Inability to set up agrochemical and agro-processing industries in Benue State is my reason for persistently critising the 2 Ex-Governors.
Re: Benue Begins Fertilizer Production by raker300: 7:12pm On May 01, 2017
omenkaLives:
And what does your father doesn't for a living young man?

this English is an assault to nigerians

1 Like

Re: Benue Begins Fertilizer Production by Zebrudaya666: 7:21pm On May 01, 2017
a refreshing news from Nigeria Somalia called Benue state grin
Re: Benue Begins Fertilizer Production by Greatigbos(f): 7:25pm On May 01, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Benue Begins Fertilizer Production by Fmartin(m): 7:37pm On May 01, 2017
Zebrudaya666:
a refreshing news from Nigeria Somalia called Benue state grin
whish refreshing news? na fertilizer we go shop?
Re: Benue Begins Fertilizer Production by Greatigbos(f): 7:39pm On May 01, 2017
Mophasa:

Doesn't for a living? cry

I give up! Your case is hopeless

grin grin grin grin grin

una no go kee me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Benue Begins Fertilizer Production by mashin(m): 8:07pm On May 01, 2017
Pictures

Re: Benue Begins Fertilizer Production by Vladdo: 8:30pm On May 01, 2017
Benue State indeed boasts of a significant crop of resilient and brilliant gentlemen and ladies. From the academia to public service. Unfortunately, Benue's story is just another sorry one. The state has been most unfortunate in terms of leadership. From 1999 to date, the so called "leaders" have shown a lack of focus, no sense of direction and no committment. No continuity and hence no significant growth. From Akume to Suswam and now to Ortom. Everybody comes with the mindset to pocket as much as he can and leaves. Only posterity shall indeed judge these men and their descendants. The first civilian governor(late Aper Aku) remains the only positive point of reference out of that state who looked far and beyond. Bless his soul, even as his legacies live on.

(1) (Reply)

Will My Fellow Youths Vote For Me During 2019 Presidential Election? / Ihejirika As COAS Under GEJ Also Swore To Defend The Unity Of Nigeria / Un Resolution, Article 1/2017 Section 1, 2, 3. Resolved Agitation In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.