Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,215 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) (54222 Views)

Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) / Meet Lilliana Akah, A Talented 13-Year-Old Nigerian Who Has Written 9 Books / Phd, A Must For University Teachers From 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 02, 2017
Is she Igbo?
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by AlphaStyles(m): 1:50pm On May 02, 2017
13 year old PhD while for here we still dy struggle with Jamb

1 Like

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by iammolise(m): 1:50pm On May 02, 2017
FerrytimCharis:
A nice question to ponder on. After PhD.... What next? Lecturing? Who is she gonna lecture? Just wondering though.... angry

YOU ARE A BEEFER!

2 Likes

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Believe7(m): 1:53pm On May 02, 2017
chimebube:
President Buhari's media aide, Tolu Ogunlesi, who is also Head of Digital Communication for the Nigerian President, has slammed @Blacktolive, a Twitter handle which celebrates anything concerning black excellence, for celebrating Esther Okade, a 13-year-old British-Nigerian who is set to earn her PhD by 2018.

Esther Okade came to limelight in 2015, after a CNN report revealed that the British-Nigerian youngster was one of U.K's youngest college freshmen, after she enrolled at the Open University, a UK-based distance learning college, in January 2015 at the age of 10 and was on top of her class.

Tolu Ogunlesi who took to Twitter to disclose how he feels about Esther Okade's celebration on Black to Live, said that he sees nothing worth celebrating there, and further asked what a 13-year-old will be doing with a PhD.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/05/i-dont-see-anything-worth-celebrating.html

she will use it to fry eggs..
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by gberra: 1:53pm On May 02, 2017
Greatigbos:
typical yoruba guy

[s]but if it was a yoruba person, he will be worth celebrating[/s]

African mentality.......if only he knows the worth
Igbos are fools cry
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by yesboss20(m): 1:55pm On May 02, 2017
Last last sha, na genius she be. Else, what next after PhD - another PhD or to enter lecturing??

Make she dey do am dey go o, gbayi omoluabi.

1 Like

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 02, 2017
See corruption everywhere. Which of the agency suppose to look into this atomic bomb of a lie? Am I supposed to get jealous and kill myself or what?
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Preye21: 1:57pm On May 02, 2017
So she didn't attend primary school?
Still calculating sha
Anyways congrats to her
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by kpaofame: 1:58pm On May 02, 2017
Nice

Keneking:
Is she Igbo?
Nope she is a Deltan

Urhobo i guess

read more about her below
http://edition.cnn.com/2015/03/09/africa/esther-okade-maths-genius/

2 Likes

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 02, 2017
you cant learn maturity in class, you cant learn how to handle issues at such a young age. yea she could be brilliant enough to earn a phd at 13 but she will still behave like a teenager when faced with issues adults grapple with. why do ppl rush education for dia kids anyway?

1 Like

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by enemmo(f): 2:07pm On May 02, 2017
Tolexander:
Tolu Ogunlesi could have waited to see what the girl will do with the PhD before that moronic question and imagination.

So far Ogunlesi was preparing for a primary 6 living certificate at that age 13 isn't a reason to downplay what a 13year old will do with a earn PhD certificate.

There are laid down examples already of geniuses who achieve so much earlier. I once did a research on it. They end up missing out on a lot of things their mates did. There was an Indian Lady who was a daughter of immigrants to the U.K,she had to stop her education,There was also UNA bomber Ted Kaczynski.
I think a 13 year old should be allowed to be 13 because that's the only time she will be 13.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by agitator: 2:09pm On May 02, 2017
Tolexander:
Tolu Ogunlesi could have waited to see what the girl will do with the PhD before that moronic question and imagination.

So far Ogunlesi was preparing for a primary 6 living certificate at that age 13 isn't a reason to downplay what a 13year old will do with a earn PhD certificate.

The same reason why they continue to recycle old men and women who continue to fail and take 9ja back to the stone age.

40 Years old It Minister transforming his country

http://tech.firstpost.com/news-analysis/how-a-young-it-minister-is-transforming-hyderabad-into-a-global-business-city-once-again-316457.html

Whereas in Nigeria, they will appoint someone who cant even operate an IPAD or Tablet as minister of information Technology. Do these old men and women even know the usefulness of the latest gadgets other than for show-offs?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by chiraqDemon(m): 2:11pm On May 02, 2017
If these type of morons are all we have in the sick man's cabinet then how will this country improve
Im 20 still struggling for 1st degree and u r telling me a 13yo with a phd aint worth celebrating?

4 Likes

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 02, 2017
Queen Elizabeth II should send down interpol kia kia
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by chiraqDemon(m): 2:15pm On May 02, 2017
prettyboi1989:
you cant learn maturity in class, you cant learn how to handle issues at such a young age. yea she could be brilliant enough to earn a phd at 13 but she will still behave like a teenager when faced with issues adults grapple with. why do ppl rush education for dia kids anyway?
It gives them more time to invent. At a younger age with the knowledge she has she will be more creative.

I.e phd knowledge plus childish imagination is equal to unparalleled innovation. Trust me on this.
With time she can still go for more degrees and learn maturity when the time comes.

1 Like

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by disandat(m): 2:19pm On May 02, 2017
Everything you would if you had yours at twice a age.
Ogbeni no de advertise your pepperbody
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by tunjilomo(m): 2:21pm On May 02, 2017
She is not the first person to be getting it at a young age,she will surely become a researcher.
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Audrinakane(f): 2:23pm On May 02, 2017
She has done something remarkable at her young age so applaud her for that. I read an interview and she and parents talked about how it didn't prevent her from having a normal life. She is going for her PhD and depending on the course she is reading ,it will take years before she graduates. She might decide to further and go into other areas and once she comes of age to work, she will be picked and has higher advantages. At 18 or 21 she can start lecturing so it is recommendable.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by cutechi(f): 2:24pm On May 02, 2017
Tolexander:

you got me rolling on the floor laughing with your epic response.
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by eitsei(m): 2:24pm On May 02, 2017
OVA200:
Hmmmm, at 13 me I still dey JSS 2 and this one don dey hunt PhD.

But to be sincere she is too young for PhD though she might be brilliant but what about her maturity and intelligence.
the movie big bang theory comes to mind
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by seun1960(m): 2:26pm On May 02, 2017
i think she could be a teacher
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by AZeD1(m): 2:28pm On May 02, 2017
chiraqDemon:

It gives them more time to invent. At a younger age with the knowledge she has she will be more creative.

I.e phd knowledge plus childish imagination is equal to unparalleled innovation. Trust me on this.
With time she can still go for more degrees and learn maturity when the time comes.

She is missing out on a whole lot of fun and doing what kids her age are doing.

Child prodigies rarely turn out to be great in their adult years.

1 Like

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by nopains: 2:31pm On May 02, 2017
u said what? there is nothing worth celebrating? see bad belle. when me bubu could not even achieve ordinary waec all my life yet this mumus made me president. nigeria is too mumustic wallahi.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Lancelott(m): 2:39pm On May 02, 2017
Tolu Ogunlesi has just proven he's a buffoon. What a stupid question. She has more intelligence than his household combined to get a degree at that age. Does he think its by age. Big fool thats what he is

4 Likes

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by DollarAngel(m): 2:44pm On May 02, 2017
hobermener:
I understand where the dude is coming from!!

If the president of the most populous black nation on earth can attain to that position without a common secondary school leaving certificate, and still has a prof as his assistant, then what is there to celebrate about a girl bagging a phd at the age of thirteen?

Who's the bastard that laid an eternal curse on this country.

Who we offend?

grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by tejaylo11: 2:46pm On May 02, 2017
Who ask dis question self,anyway it is only in Nigeria people go to school to start working no body developing any technology,
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 02, 2017
disandat:
Everything you would if you had yours at twice a age.
Ogbeni no de advertise your pepperbody

Thunder fire you. You want this challenge right? Bring it
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 02, 2017
Lancelott:
Tolu Ogunlesi has just proven he's a buffoon. What a stupid question. She has more intelligence than his household combined to get a degree at that age. Does he think its by age. Big fool thats what he is

No it's by community response action reaction sacrifice. Goat. Somebody who probably can't wash her panties clean. PhD from hell. Sorry were you guys schooled at Lai Mohammed's lecture at Maraba?
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by chiefolododo(m): 2:56pm On May 02, 2017
I tells you
ellagabs:
i concor...
hia in nigeria som stil dey batle wt 1st degree at d age of 35yrs

1 Like

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by eitsei(m): 2:58pm On May 02, 2017
enemmo:

There are laid down examples already of geniuses who achieve so much earlier. I once did a research on it. They end up missing out on a lot of things their mates did. There was an Indian Lady who was a daughter of immigrants to the U.K,she had to stop her education,There was also UNA bomber Ted Kaczynski.
I think a 13 year old should be allowed to be 13 because that's the only time she will be 13.
I agree with you not downplaying her achievement but at 13 she should still be playing with her mates
Her case will just be like those guys in big band theory, they don't know anything about social interactions or relationships because they missed out a lot on their childhood, those guys at 30 they are still reading comic books and they think life is like what they see in cartoons

3 Likes

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by ponti93(m): 3:00pm On May 02, 2017
FerrytimCharis:
A nice question to ponder on. After PhD.... What next? Lecturing? Who is she gonna lecture? Just wondering though.... angry
she can join research team, she can invent things, she can find jobs in top government offices... Her knowledge can be neede in many places... It musnt be teachinh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNN Medicine Result Vs OAU Medicine Result / Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad / WAEC Timetable 2017: Comprehensive 2017/18 WAEC Timetable - May/June

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.