Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,110 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) (54221 Views)

Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) / Meet Lilliana Akah, A Talented 13-Year-Old Nigerian Who Has Written 9 Books / Phd, A Must For University Teachers From 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by idonbilivit(m): 4:31pm On May 02, 2017
His boss is president with NEPA bill. So it's not surprising that he sees no big deal in PHD especially that of a 13 year old. Zero value for merit and excellence. Based on his employers quota system the girl at 13 should have a marriage certificate and not PHD certificate. Smh

2 Likes

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by GoodMuyis(m): 4:48pm On May 02, 2017
Admin401:
It's worth celebrating biko
Her mate never pass Junior WEAC

I bet it with 1 Mountain Dew, if she attempt WAEC, I bet you, its 8f9. due to age assimilation rate.
She attended an Open University (Non Campus) and could have being running a simple course, that doesn't require hard course like math. Am sure that girl cant handle A'Level Calculus or Stats

==Modified==

She Actually Love Maths a lot

1 Like

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by intruxive(m): 4:54pm On May 02, 2017
She will go get another phd, and another and another and tolu by the time she is your age, she will have 20 phds and many guiness book of world records and no time for twitter angry

2 Likes

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by DavidEsq(m): 5:00pm On May 02, 2017
Tolexander:
Tolu Ogunlesi could have waited to see what the girl will do with the PhD before that moronic question and imagination.

So far Ogunlesi was preparing for a primary 6 living certificate at that age 13 isn't a reason to downplay what a 13year old will do with an earned PhD certificate.
In fact, he shld be asking wat Buhari (old enof to b the girl's ancestor) is doing in Aso rock, without a proper academic certificate.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by GoodMuyis(m): 5:02pm On May 02, 2017
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by lazygal: 5:07pm On May 02, 2017
GeorgeTheCoder:

Ask Google. He will know.

Seriously, the level of ignorance in Nigeria is amazing

And you the one not ignorant is intelligent enough to refer us to google.... Level of stupidity on nairaland is amazing

And by the way its not ....." He will know" google is not a living thing but I guess intelligent pple such as your self should know ,right ?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by taiwo3489(m): 5:38pm On May 02, 2017
MemphisRaynes:
Where did Buhari get all this people from sef? So because Buhari does not have WAEC at 76, someone else cannot have PhD at 13 abi?

Must you always involve the President in any thing that happened?? Whether buhari as WAEC or not, he is still the President and the earlier you accept the fact the better for you. I don't know why people just base the success of life on education. There are many educated illiterate out there that are causing nuisance Even the constitution doesn't ask you to provide OND,BSc,MSc or Phd. It says school cert or it EQUIVALENT. So, stop hating you might become the President one day.
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by GeorgeTheCoder: 5:41pm On May 02, 2017
lazygal:

And you the one not ignorant is intelligent enough to refer us to google.... Level of stupidity on nairaland is amazing

And by the way its not ....." He will know" google is not a living thing but I guess intelligent pple such as your self should know ,right ?

Google time again ! This time your assignment is 'Google gender'. Hint: both 'It', and 'he' are acceptable.

This is getting boring. You really should learn you know...

1 Like

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 02, 2017
Nice one! I would like to read her dissertation when it becomes available online.
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by lazygal: 6:01pm On May 02, 2017
GeorgeTheCoder:

Google time again ! This time your assignment is 'Google gender'. Hint: both 'It', and 'he' are acceptable.

This is getting boring. You really should learn you know...

See who is talking.have a good day.
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by mechanics(m): 6:26pm On May 02, 2017
That's serious o, I don't think is true
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by deroooo: 7:07pm On May 02, 2017
No brainer
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by delishpot: 7:39pm On May 02, 2017
DeepSight:

My friend, no one is pouring water to kill any spark, and where any spark is seen, it must be nourished: and such nourishment is possible in an abundant array of ways obviously unknown to you, other than rushing the child into a doctorate. Sure a child can acquire skills but there is an appropriate level of maturity required for certain levels of learning, because the student can then combine a certain level of worldly, social and emotional experience of the world with the hard skills being taught and understand how to be a rounded professional with both soft and hard skills at play. Certain lessons are also best not absorbed without a certain degree of understanding for the importance of certain other things. It is on this level that one might appreciate why it is counter productive to teach a child medical skills of a neuro surgeon at an age that the child can never grasp the humanistic subtleties or ethics at play.

I will not even countenance the nonsense you wrote about allowing a child who is smart at contracts enter into contracts. That alone shows what a small minded non-thinker you are. Sad, because one shouldn't even need to be a good thinker to see the pitfalls of that.

What did you study, might I ask?
And also, how old are you?

No offence - these are serious questions.

Go sidon for gutter. You are too foolish to exchange words with. You chose to see what you want to see. Bad belle is your problem. If a child can be crowned king under the guidiance of an elder, why cant that same child sign contract under the guidiance of an experienced elder? What is the big deal that a child is allowed to pursue her dreams? Those child stars, dont they enter contracts through their guardians? Why is that a taboo that she should be allowed to gain knowledge if she so desires? Why is it a problem with you? She is advanced above her years, you on the other hand have a very limited mind. You only work withing the box. This is an opportunity for you to reconsider your archaic belief and take a second look at how she beat the odds and is coping well within the achademic environment. But NO, you can never leave the box. Life can only work the way you belive it should. Asking what I studied, it would not do you any good. No offence my foot. I am 10 days old, how does it help you?
I liken this to.....because a child shouldn't walk before 8 months. And here comes a baby trying to walk at 4 months but friends of the parents get offended that the parents refuse to stop the child from walking claiming she would miss parts of her baby stages. The child loves to read books instead of playing and is succeeding at it with the parents support. Clearly she is passing and forging ahead in her chosen field. She did not bribe the lectures to get promoted unto the next level. That shows she is dedicated to her pursuit. What is your problem again? That they should block her and force her to go play mom and dad in the sand box with her friends?

1 Like

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by guychidile: 8:13pm On May 02, 2017
what an awesome and nice deed,a girl of 13yrs heeding for PhD.....,I salute you girl..,you make your parents happy.
God will continue to bless you.
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by bonski: 8:31pm On May 02, 2017
My problem lies with d nigerian govt because I know dey are not going to do anytin about dis.
Instead of calling d gal back to nigeria n give her scholarship so she can study more n den wen she is of age,she can help in developing dis country,they are just gonna leave her to work for UK while we continue to answer UNDER DEVELOPED COUNTRY.Dis country's govt is so fucking stupid.All they know is how to criticize,for God's sake,dat gal can do wonders in physics or economics and she ain't gonna be 13 yo forever
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Nukilia: 8:54pm On May 02, 2017
shedybaba44:
you think every country is like this useless county where oldies are the only ones qualify to earn PHD with white hair, go to US and see what teenagers in IT are doing,if we can have child hackers at 8yrs what is PHD,if you must know PHD is not a big deal outside .

Don't mind the reverse minded people... grin

There is a way the Nigerian system has successfully destroyed the brain of so many youths in Nigeria. They are just pathetic and a disaster...

I know Nigeria will not continue like this... grin
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Nukilia: 8:57pm On May 02, 2017
delishpot:

Go friends?

Don't waste your energy responding to people who have been psychologically affected by the failed Nigerian system grin

Let's wish them quick recovery...
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Nukilia: 8:59pm On May 02, 2017
bonski:
My problem lies with d nigerian govt because I know dey are not going to do anytin about dis.
Instead of calling d gal back to nigeria n give her scholarship so she can study more n den wen she is of age,she can help in developing dis country,they are just gonna leave her to work for UK while we continue to answer UNDER DEVELOPED COUNTRY.Dis country's govt is so fucking stupid.All they know is how to criticize,for God's sake,dat gal can do wonders in physics or economics and she ain't gonna be 13 yo forever

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, which scholarship... Lol, like the one they gave AJ..

A time will come when idiots will not be permitted to run our government...
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by delishpot: 9:00pm On May 02, 2017
Nukilia:

Don't waste your energy responding to people who have been psychologically affected by the failed Nigerian system grin

Let's wish them quick recovery...

E tire me

1 Like

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Sarah20A(f): 9:47pm On May 02, 2017
With this kind of brain that tolu have am 100 percent sure that he can't work as a gate man for that girl cheesy
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Herrywilliam: 10:04pm On May 02, 2017
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 02, 2017
The school is planning to employ her is does well. What this means is that by age 15, she already a lecturer.
That's what a 13 years old girl is doing with a PHD
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by ellagabs(f): 10:28pm On May 02, 2017
DeeTus:
Hahahahaha. Funny guy. I guess you are one of these guys.

i kn say u undastnd, cus u ma blong to dat class grin... chop knockle ma guyyyy
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by DeepSight(m): 10:35pm On May 02, 2017
delishpot:

Go sidon for gutter. You are too foolish to exchange words with. You chose to see what you want to see. Bad belle is your problem. If a child can be crowned king under the guidiance of an elder, why cant that same child sign contract under the guidiance of an experienced elder? What is the big deal that a child is allowed to pursue her dreams? Those child stars, dont they enter contracts through their guardians? Why is that a taboo that she should be allowed to gain knowledge if she so desires? Why is it a problem with you? She is advanced above her years, you on the other hand have a very limited mind. You only work withing the box. This is an opportunity for you to reconsider your archaic belief and take a second look at how she beat the odds and is coping well within the achademic environment. But NO, you can never leave the box. Life can only work the way you belive it should. Asking what I studied, it would not do you any good. No offence my foot. I am 10 days old, how does it help you?
I liken this to.....because a child shouldn't walk before 8 months. And here comes a baby trying to walk at 4 months but friends of the parents get offended that the parents refuse to stop the child from walking claiming she would miss parts of her baby stages. The child loves to read books instead of playing and is succeeding at it with the parents support. Clearly she is passing and forging ahead in her chosen field. She did not bribe the lectures to get promoted unto the next level. That shows she is dedicated to her pursuit. What is your problem again? That they should block her and force her to go play mom and dad in the sand box with her friends?

This is worthless illiterate stupi.dity and I neednt waste my breath further.
Give children drivers liscences, the vote and rights to contract. Make them neuro surgeons.

My foot.
You are a m.oron.

If everything I have written hasnt woken you up from your morbid and illiterate inferiority complex and your warped perception of Education as mere reading of books, not even the combined efforts of all native deities in your antedlivuvian hamlet will.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by delishpot: 10:47pm On May 02, 2017
DeepSight:

This is worthless illiterate stupi.dity and I neednt waste my breath further.
Give children drivers liscences, the vote and rights to contract. Make them neuro surgeons.

My foot.
You are a m.oron.

If everything I have written hasnt woken you up from your morbid and illiterate inferiority complex and your warped perception of Education as mere reading of books, not even the combined efforts of all native deities in your antedlivuvian hamlet will.

E pain am grin grin grin

See grammar na..... grin grin

My foot.
You are a m.oron.

If everything I have written hasnt woken you up from your morbid and illiterate inferiority complex and your warped perception of Education as mere reading of books, not even the combined efforts of all native deities in your antedlivuvian hamlet wil
l.
Emi nikan tan? grin grin Hahaha, aint gat time for this ish lol

Seriously sha.

This girl progress just dey pain you. But.......why?
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Henon: 11:47pm On May 02, 2017
OVA200:
Hmmmm, at 13 me I still dey JSS 2 and this one don dey hunt PhD.

But to be sincere she is too young for PhD though she might be brilliant but what about her maturity and intelligence.
Are U stupid?
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by BLoomfrancs(m): 12:33am On May 03, 2017
Autism is definitely at play here.
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by OVA200(m): 1:47am On May 03, 2017
Henon:
Are U stupid?
No, what makes you ask?
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by omobabaonibaba(m): 1:50am On May 03, 2017
Greatigbos:
typical yoruba guy

but if it was a yoruba person, he will be worth celebrating

African mentality.......if only he knows the worth

you talk like those that was bred in the garage most times

why are u burying your happiness close to hatred day by day

he asked a logical QST that was begging for answer

what will a 13yrs old girl will be doing with PhD? is an imaginary QST

if u goto school you will easily understand dis logical QST. hide your illiteracy at least from visual scene

1 Like

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by 2016v2017: 5:17am On May 03, 2017
Tolexander:
Tolu Ogunlesi could have waited to see what the girl will do with the PhD before that moronic question and imagination.

So far Ogunlesi was preparing for a primary 6 living certificate at that age 13 isn't a reason to downplay what a 13year old will do with an earned PhD certificate.
the same wrong thinking and their deranged brain makes them to ignore the youths in governance.
only old good for nothing polithievecians occupy governance without vision to move the country forward.
just look at buhari close to 90yrs ,yet still struggling to go for another 4yrs.what a shame to the Nigerian youths?
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by StraightSetter(m): 5:41am On May 03, 2017
" It's worth celebrating though" - Nairalanders.

WTF?! is the suppose to be a doubt in the celebration. This is a feat more than 90% can not make.

And to the half-brained Tolu Ogunlesi, you can get a PhD and see what it is for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNN Medicine Result Vs OAU Medicine Result / Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad / WAEC Timetable 2017: Comprehensive 2017/18 WAEC Timetable - May/June

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.