Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,354 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) (54223 Views)

Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) / Meet Lilliana Akah, A Talented 13-Year-Old Nigerian Who Has Written 9 Books / Phd, A Must For University Teachers From 2021 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Godson32(m): 6:56am On May 03, 2017
gwmlogistic:
. Tolu mind ur biz.
In other news. Urgent sales. Fairly used AC @ very reasonable price 08039619808
what's the specification and the price
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by Fellydonis(m): 9:01am On May 03, 2017
hobermener:
I understand where the dude is coming from!!

If the president of the most populous black nation on earth can attain to that position without a common secondary school leaving certificate, and still has a prof as his assistant, then what is there to celebrate about a girl bagging a phd at the age of thirteen?

Who's the bastard that laid an eternal curse on this country

Who we offend?
My brother, The curse is very dangerous!!!!Deadly union. This is not a country sha. Never was meant to be. It's a corporation

1 Like

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by DeepSight(m): 9:36am On May 03, 2017
delishpot:

This girl progress just dey pain you. But.......why?

Such a typical African answer to an educational issue.

"Progress" paining somebody?

You must live in a hovel.
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by delishpot: 9:44am On May 03, 2017
DeepSight:

Such a typical African answer to an educational issue.

"Progress" paining somebody?

You must live in a hovel.

No cry again. E too pain you. The girl is living her life, you are here crying blood. Call me a village person but the WHITE man's advance society you so cherish is the one producing this child which makes me wonder why you are busy calling me hovel dweller for supporting her.
grin grin I love my hovel and I support and encourage those who want to develop skill and knowledge in my HOVEL no matter their age.If a one month old loves the sound of guitar and starts wanting to handle one as soon as he can hold his head upright, I let him knock himself out playing the guitar.
You the city dweller on the other hand, likes to kill dreams under flimsy exuses. I don't want to live in that your fake paradise.

1 Like

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by DeepSight(m): 10:39am On May 03, 2017
delishpot:

No cry again. E too pain you. The girl is living her life, you are here crying blood. Call me a village person but the WHITE man's advance society you so cherish is the one producing this child which makes me wonder why you are busy calling me hovel dweller for supporting her.
grin grin I love my hovel and I support and encourage those who want to develop skill and knowledge in my HOVEL no matter their age.If a one month old loves the sound of guitar and starts wanting to handle one as soon as he can hold his head upright, I let him knock himself out playing the guitar.
You the city dweller on the other hand, likes to kill dreams under flimsy exuses. I don't want to live in that your fake paradise.

No problem, Mr. "I will allow ten year olds drive".
Na you sabi. Enjoy.
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by delishpot: 11:18am On May 03, 2017
DeepSight:

No problem, Mr. "I will allow ten year olds drive".
Na you sabi. Enjoy.

LoL. Na you sabi. Use Google and see how kids younger than her are even doing more demanding things. You no get point. Go and rest somewhere. Squiring skill is not a crime or something to discourage. That she acquire s the knowledge doesn't mean she is ready to jump into a career full time. Learn to distinguish the two.

1 Like

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by DeepSight(m): 11:45am On May 03, 2017
delishpot:

LoL. Na you sabi. Use Google and see how kids younger than her are even doing more demanding things. You no get point. Go and rest somewhere. Squiring skill is not a crime or something to discourage. That she acquire s the knowledge doesn't mean she is ready to jump into a career full time. Learn to distinguish the two.

No, on the contrary, it is you who does not have a point: because nowhere has it been asserted that kids should not learn. What has been in contention is the proper and advisable stages and degrees of learning having special regard to the needs of a child for balanced social and emotional development at its level.

Please read the red above at least ten times okay, for that has always been the point which you miss. Forcing a five year old into the world of forty year olds because you have detected a special skill in him is and will always remain destructive to that child.

Your arguments that you would permit kids to drive, vote and enter into contracts are so comical that there is hardly any need to properly address them.The reasons why such things are inadvisable are well documented and known to all literate persons. Your argument otherwise is as banal as saying that since 13 year olds are capable of having se.x, then the age of sexual consent should be reduced. This shows that you have no idea about the fundamental underpinnings and cardinal understandings which have guided the principles of child development and protection. Period.

To underscore your confusion you even brought up the question of child mornachs. My friend, you know, there is a saying that a little education is a terrible thing. I can write all the epistles in the world, but it is obvious that you are of a rank that just is incapable of understanding these simple things. You belong to the pathetic rank of "e dey pain you" debaters. Really sad.

No epistle i write will sum it up better than the poster up there who simply stated that a 13 year old needs to be allowed to be a 13 year old for the simple reason that she wouldn't ever be 13 year old in her life again. If this simple and eloquent missive still misses you, brother, abi you be sister - wetin I fit do?

Nathin.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by delishpot: 12:48pm On May 03, 2017
DeepSight:

No, on the contrary, it is you who does not have a point: because nowhere has it been asserted that kids should not learn. What has been in contention is the proper and advisable stages and degrees of learning having special regard to the needs of a child for balanced social and emotional development at its level.

Please read the red above at least ten times okay, for that has always been the point which you miss. Forcing a five year old into the world of forty year olds because you have detected a special skill in him is and will always remain destructive to that child.

Your arguments that you would permit kids to drive, vote and enter into contracts are so comical that there is hardly any need to properly address them.The reasons why such things are inadvisable are well documented and known to all literate persons. Your argument otherwise is as banal as saying that since 13 year olds are capable of having se.x, then the age of sexual consent should be reduced. This shows that you have no idea about the fundamental underpinnings and cardinal understandings which have guided the principles of child development and protection. Period.

To underscore your confusion you even brought up the question of child mornachs. My friend, you know, there is a saying that a little education is a terrible thing. I can write all the epistles in the world, but it is obvious that you are of a rank that just is incapable of understanding these simple things. You belong to the pathetic rank of "e dey pain you" debaters. Really sad.

No epistle i write will sum it up better than the poster up there who simply stated that a 13 year old needs to be allowed to be a 13 year old for the simple reason that she wouldn't ever be 13 year old in her life again. If this simple and eloquent missive still misses you, brother, abi you be sister - wetin I fit do?

Nathin.

grin grin leave her alone.
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by suremanpatriot: 10:10pm On May 03, 2017
African leaders are hypocrites,they hate ppl that are better than them.
They dont celebrate geniuses. That is why they can hardly go to moon.
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by yonybanta(m): 4:49pm On Nov 04, 2018
This new generation is a complete deviance from the unproductive status quo we've held for too long and the earlier we realize this the better. Asking question that what can a 13-year girl doing with PhD is a kind of question that emanates from a rigidly complacent & bitter mindset. Also saying there's nothing worth Celebrating about a 13-year old girl who is set to obtain a PhD looks like this statement is coming from a man who is already afraid of the horrific feets of achievements of the newer generation. This is a new generation totally incredible than anything we have ever seen & they're out to rubbish anything we ever upheld as big achievement. I cannot joint you in discrediting a genius as this, genius as this cannot be stopped by anybody not even you Mr. Tolu
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by yonybanta(m): 4:58pm On Nov 04, 2018
delishpot:

grin grin leave her alone.
na so grin
Re: What Is Esther Okade Doing With PhD, A 13-Year-Old? - Tolu Ogunlesi (Photo) by yonybanta(m): 5:01pm On Nov 04, 2018
DeepSight:

Nathin.
All what you're saying are old concept which they called chronological age, this generation are far beyond what you have ever seen & many of her age grades have undermine such old Theoretical construct. These guys are incredibly better & they set their own rules.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

UNN Medicine Result Vs OAU Medicine Result / Helpful Tips For Nigerians Who Wants To Study Abroad / WAEC Timetable 2017: Comprehensive 2017/18 WAEC Timetable - May/June

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.