Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? (1108 Views)

Can Any Of Our Nigerian Ladies Endure This? / Dear Women, Can You Endure 45 Minutes Of Thrusting During Sexual Intercourse? / The ‘endure It’ Syndrome: Women, Flee From This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by shogat(m): 2:50pm On May 05, 2017
I personally as a gentleman, is an advocate of non-violence in marriage, I find it totally inhuman for a man to raise his hands on his wife. (clap for me grin)

But also I am not naive of the violence occurring everyday, I have seen a couple fight on their honeymoon night- check your community you will see violence in lots of family.

Today I saw a post where a popular celebrity admitted publicly she has been violated by her husband for years but decided to keep it a secret. She is just one in millions enduring, tolerating this sort of violence. Most are ashamed to tell others, hoping things will work out for good since its for better for worse.

I am curious to know what the woman should do in this type of situation,especially when the man is unrepentant. Should she endure, enjoy and keep it secret or walk out of the relationship?

Shogat

Lalasticlala, Seun, farano,Rocktation, Mynd44
Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by youngest85(m): 2:52pm On May 05, 2017
Yes, say no to divorce
Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by Softorgasm(m): 2:52pm On May 05, 2017
she should quit the relationship.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by GloriaNinja(f): 2:54pm On May 05, 2017
undecided ANYONE ENDURING VIOLENCE IN A RELATIONSHIP LET ALONE MARRIAGE IS A CONFIRM MUMU. THE END IS ALWAYS BAD, EITHER DEATH OR INJURIES.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by professorfal: 2:54pm On May 05, 2017
its a personal discretion, if you cant handle the heat opt out.
Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by HonestPen: 2:55pm On May 05, 2017
Violence and Endurance shouldn't be in the same sentence—let alone woman.
—HonestPen.
Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by shogat(m): 3:04pm On May 05, 2017
Softorgasm:
she should quit the relationship.
that easy?
Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by shogat(m): 5:14pm On May 05, 2017
GloriaNinja:
undecided ANYONE ENDURING VIOLENCE IN A RELATIONSHIP LET ALONE MARRIAGE IS A CONFIRM MUMU. THE END IS ALWAYS BAD, EITHER DEATH OR INJURIES.
hmmm see Lalasticlala, Seun, farano,Rocktation, Mynd44
Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:19pm On May 05, 2017
When women in Nigeria are brainwashed from their childhood about marriage being their salvation/happiness. Therefore they are rightfully BRED to be sold to the highest bidder (via bride price), thus making these women see marriage as a DO or DIE issue... As a result, many would desperately marry whatever donkey coming their way, out of social/family/religious pressure, and finally get the Mrs status (aka "I am happy now" ), while in fact the majority are miserable.

Do you really think that after all the above trouble to get where they are, they will divorce the beast they've married? Hell no, they will be called Mrs until death do them part.

2 Likes

Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by babyfaceafrica: 6:29pm On May 05, 2017
Violence is bad..and should not be condoned. What I howvwe dins distasteful is that lots of people are happy to support a lady who has been abused pyhically but we ignore men who are constantly been abused emotionally everyday in a relationship.is physical abuse worse than emotional abuse?..the answer is no!!!.....A man who physically abuses his wife should face the wrath of the law..a woman who emotionally maligns a man..is not fit for marriage and should be demoted to baby mama...say no to violence!!!!
Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by shogat(m): 7:25pm On May 05, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
When women in Nigeria are brainwashed from their childhood about marriage being their salvation/happiness. Therefore they are rightfully BRED to be sold to the highest bidder (via bride price), thus making these women see marriage as a DO or DIE issue... As a result, many would desperately marry whatever donkey coming their way, out of social/family/religious pressure, and finally get the Mrs status (aka "I am happy now" ), while in fact the majority are miserable.

Do you really think that after all the above trouble to get where they are, they will divorce the beast they've married? Hell no, they will be called Mrs until death do them part.
this is deep
Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by shogat(m): 7:13am On May 06, 2017
shogat:
hmmm see Lalasticlala, Seun, farano,Rocktation, Mynd44
exactly
Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by oyonu(m): 7:20am On May 06, 2017
Please endure abuses and violence in marriage till you suddenly die before your time.
Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by Classicola: 7:30am On May 06, 2017
GloriaNinja:
Some don't leave just like that... A good mother would stay for the children,
Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by simplyhonest(m): 7:56am On May 06, 2017
violence is bad... and no lady should be subjected through it... also, divorce is bad... and no child deserves to go through his/her parents divorce... this is why some ladies choose to stay. they see violence as the lesser of the two evils.
Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by GloriaNinja(f): 9:41am On May 06, 2017
Classicola:

Some don't leave just like that... A good mother would stay for the children,
AND IF A MOTHER GETS BEATEN TO DEATH, WHO WILL TAKE CARE OF HER CHILDREN?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by shogat(m): 9:51am On Jun 07, 2017
GloriaNinja:
AND IF A MOTHER GETS BEATEN TO DEATH, WHO WILL TAKE CARE OF HER CHILDREN?
another point here
Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 07, 2017
the subject of abuse in Africa
no man should descend to the level of hitting a lady no matter what
but this days ladies and wife abuse their relationship and marriage as much as men do
I doubt most people especially the ladies will want to have genuine discussion about that
thus the subject of abuse in Africa needs to be better discussed
Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 07, 2017
cool
Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by SouLPoison(m): 11:02am On Jun 07, 2017
What is not good is not good. No sugar quoting,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 07, 2017
Its never justifiable to slap your wife....I have had a long record before marriage of never having beating a gf. my wife knows! But all changed after marriage not becos am violent but cos some of these wives are so tempting, poorly brought up without respect to anyone, not even their parents nor husband. and when she says baradash, and u steps out hoping to calm things only to come back and she resumes, she knew I wouldn't slap her, so even when I say: " u are pissing me off, don't let me slap u" she will bring d face close to me and say please dooo ooooo, one I cudnt hold back, so dial her one MTN call and that was the beginning of more.
There are wives you feel guilty to touch n u pamper them. there are some, you just have to sound her before she turns u to her rag.
Am sorry!
Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by elderhimself(m): 3:49pm On Jun 07, 2017
How about the always ignored question....."should guys also endure violence in Marriage"
What a stupid and unfair world that makes it look like men are always the culprit and women, the victims.
If she cant endure anything, run back to your father's house or that that other guy you'd prefer.... PPPOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:19am On Jun 08, 2017
elderhimself:
How about the always ignored question....."should guys also endure violence in Marriage"
What a stupid and unfair world that makes it look like men are always the culprit and women, the victims.
If she cant endure anything, run back to your father's house or that that other guy you'd prefer.... PPPOOOOOO!!!!!!!

This is when I believe that a man has all the RIGHTS to neat a woman. If a woman thinks it's ok to disrespect a man and bring physical violence to the picture, then she should get the exact same medicine.

2 Likes

Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by elderhimself(m): 1:36pm On Jun 08, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

This is when I believe that a man has all the RIGHTS to neat a woman. If a woman thinks it's ok to disrespect a man and bring physical violence to the picture, then she should get the exact same medicine.

Surely,......you get what you give
Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by shogat(m): 1:03pm On Jun 22, 2017
mistel:
Its never justifiable to slap your wife....I have had a long record before marriage of never having beating a gf. my wife knows! But all changed after marriage not becos am violent but cos some of these wives are so tempting, poorly brought up without respect to anyone, not even their parents nor husband. and when she says baradash, and u steps out hoping to calm things only to come back and she resumes, she knew I wouldn't slap her, so even when I say: " u are pissing me off, don't let me slap u" she will bring d face close to me and say please dooo ooooo, one I cudnt hold back, so dial her one MTN call and that was the beginning of more.
There are wives you feel guilty to touch n u pamper them. there are some, you just have to sound her before she turns u to her rag.
Am sorry!
hmmm deep
Re: Should Ladies Endure Violence In Marriage? by shogat(m): 1:03pm On Jun 22, 2017
elderhimself:
lol

(1) (Reply)

When You Walk In On Your Sister In Law Like This??? / I Want To Marry Her But I Need Some Advice Before Going Ahead / Who Is A Broke Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.