Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,580 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Who Created Other Planets? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Created Other Planets? (6558 Views)

Why Do You Think God Created All The Other Planets Aside The Earth? / Who Created God? - An Invalid Question / How Did Demons Come Into Existence? Who Created Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by hopefulLandlord: 8:53am On May 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Counterarguments by we theists ourselves . Like there are theists who have countered the teleological arguments and that's where the term 'God of the Gaps' was coined . Modern atheists have dug through history and purloined arguments from the opposing side of theism on a particular concept and have branded it theirs . Theism is where intellectualism resides .

Original arguments by the atheists have been arguments from personal incredulity . CoolUserName and Kay17 have a wont for making such arguments . Is there any atheist argument that is tenable ? Of course not .

warisdis

you're turning to Sciencewatch bit by bit
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by niyihawking(m): 8:54am On May 07, 2017
davtosh:

Since you are doubting if I would know the meaning wisdom should have told you to kuku say the meaning and save yourself from doubt that is if you have it.

Falsifiability which is one of the features of Science as you said means your claim about the creation could be proven faulty like many other Scientific beliefs which have come and gone.

If so then you dont need to be so sure all you have been fed with by Science will stand for ever because one Scientist could rise up tomorrow and trash all your Big bang theory.

That is the meaning of your reply if you really were not sleeping when typing.
That is the interesting part my man
if anyone should rise up to disprove the big bang theory, surely such a person must bring forth a better theory more convincing than the big bang, he/ she will have to bring forth a theory that carries more evidence than BB.
that is why the BB is a theory and not a LAW.
if such should happen, we are willing to follow the new theory so far it carries more convincing evidence than the BB, otherwise, we discard it and retain the BB( which right now carries more evidence about the cosmos).
But religion on the other is based on faith( believe without evidence), which betrays common sense.

1 Like

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:56am On May 07, 2017
lepasharon:

Lol, So god made one disease to combat another?

I never said God did that I said these are spins off of evolution .
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:56am On May 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

warisdis

warisdis

you're turning to Hitler bit by bit

1 Like

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by hopefulLandlord: 8:57am On May 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

warisdis
you're turning to Hitler bit by bit
what a comeback
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:58am On May 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

what a comeback

Yup . Thanks for the inspiration .
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by hopefulLandlord: 8:59am On May 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Yup . Thanks for the inspiration .
you're welcome cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:00am On May 07, 2017
niyihawking:

That is the interesting part my man
if anyone should rise up to disprove the big bang theory, surely such a person must bring forth a better theory more convincing than the big bang, he/ she will have to bring forth a theory that carries more evidence than BB.
that is why the BB is a theory and not a LAW.
if such should happen, we are willing to follow the new theory so far it carries more convincing evidence than the BB, otherwise, we discard it and retain the BB( which right now carries more evidence about the cosmos).
But religion on the other is based on faith( believe without evidence), which betrays common sense.

I think something is a Law because it can be represented or proven mathematically something like that .

Atheism is based on faith ( belief without evidence ) which betrays common sense . Or can you prove to me that God does not exist ?
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by SmartMugu: 9:34am On May 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Counterarguments by we theists ourselves . Like there are theists who have countered the teleological arguments and that's where the term 'God of the Gaps' was coined . Modern atheists have dug through history and purloined arguments from the opposing side of theism on a particular concept and have branded it theirs . Theism is where intellectualism resides .

Original arguments by the atheists have been arguments from personal incredulity . CoolUserName and Kay17 have a wont for making such arguments . Is there any atheist argument that is tenable ? Of course not .

Chairman abeg na.
I once begged you to take it easy on small people like me with smaller brains. Your big English is too much for my small brain. Please consider us too. I guess I need to buy a bigger dictionary grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by niyihawking(m): 9:35am On May 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I think something is a Law because it can be represented or proven mathematically something like that .

Atheism is based on faith ( belief without evidence ) which betrays common sense . Or can you prove to me that God does not exist ?

@the bolded, your partly correct, but even mathematical equations can be proven wrong.

@athiesm, I'll leave that to an atheist.

note: I'm a deist
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by Kay17: 9:39am On May 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

'Atheism is a faith' is your newest argument. How wonderful. At least you have accepted that all faiths are without evidence.

The biggest proof against your God is the incompatible concept you have made out of him and the improbability

1 Like

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by niyihawking(m): 9:39am On May 07, 2017
SmartMugu:

Chairman abeg na.
I once begged you to take it easy on small people like me with smaller brains. Your big English is too much for my small brain. Please consider us too. I guess I need to buy a bigger dictionary grin
even a chicken can smell your selective dishonesty.

the way you pretend to be humble disgust me whenever I read your comment.... or are you a deeper life member?

1 Like

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by Kay17: 9:44am On May 07, 2017
felixomor:

Firstly.
Genesis 1:1 says "In the beginning God Made the Universe".... (GNT)
The Universe encompasses all planets and everything pertaining to space and matter.

The literal meaning of the text best expresses the intent of the writer. If the writer said God made heaven and earth, then he must have meant what he said and meant what he said and not something else.
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by SmartMugu: 9:46am On May 07, 2017
niyihawking:

even a chicken can smell your selective dishonesty.

the way you pretend to be humble disgust me whenever I read your comment.... or are you a deeper life member?
No my chairman, I'm just a humble small boy. Please bear with me. I'm a learner. Big English just scares me. God bless you sir.
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by Kay17: 9:46am On May 07, 2017
adelee777:
''in d beginning God made the heaven and d earth''. The ''heaven'' being referred to hear encompasses d whole universe. Ie all d planets, galaxies etc. So God created all of dem.

Is there a biblical guidance to this?
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:48am On May 07, 2017
Kay17:

'Atheism is a faith' is your newest argument. How wonderful. At least you have accepted that all faiths are without evidence.

Saying that Atheism is based on faith does not mean that I agree that Theism is based on faith .

If all faiths are without evidence then you as an atheist has no reason to berate theists who have found the evidence for God in nature.

The biggest proof against your God is the incompatible concept you have made out of him and the improbability

Looks like the word 'proof' has been redefined . Haven't you heard of one of the ontological arguments that says : if it is possible that God exists, then it follows logically that God indeed exists . The proof -as you have redefined it to be -of God's existence lies in the soundness of this argument.

Kaboom ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by Kay17: 9:52am On May 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

There are so many interpretations to the Genesis creation story .

1. Its an allegory : Did God really create everything in just 6 24-hour days ? . Theologians as early as the first century such as Jewish scholar Philo of Alexandria and Augustine of Hippo suggested that the creation story shouldn't be taken literally . There are so many allegorical views of the creation story . Theistic evolutionists (Christian evolutionists in this case) - people who believe God orchestrated evolution - also subscribe to this perspective .

2. It wasn't actually 24 hour days : Historians and scholars have revealed that "morning" and "evening" are used by the Hebrews to describe the beginning and end of long periods of time . Progressive creationists subscribe to this view : God created life and diversified it over eons - millions of years as science has revealed .

3. Earth was created again , for the second time : There is what is called the Gap Theory - there seems to be a some sort of gap between Genesis 1: 1 and Genesis 1:2 and creationists who subscribe to this view believe that earth(first earth) was created and then destroyed by "Lucifer's flood" . It tends to explain Satan's fall and then his involvement in the origin of sin . Gap Theorists believe that "man" for (Pre-Adamites) and other life forms were created in the first earth but were destroyed before life was created and diversified again in just 6 days.

4. The earth is not actually 4.5 billion years but God made it seem like it : I really don't understand this perspective because I haven't gone deep into it for (I've forgotten the name it was labelled) . But the gist is : God created the earth not too long ago but gave it the appearance of a really old earth .

There are so many others .

Are these the views of the billion strong Christians or views of a selected few of apologists?
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by Kay17: 9:54am On May 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Saying that Atheism is based on faith does not mean that I agree that Theism is based on faith .

If all faiths are without evidence then you as an atheist has no reason to berate theists who have found the evidence for God in nature.

Looks like the word 'proof' has been redefined . Haven't you heard of one of the ontological arguments that says : if it is possible that God exists, then it follows logically that God indeed exists . The proof -as you have redefined it to be -of God's existence lies in the soundness of this argument.

Kaboom ?

Lay out your proof
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:59am On May 07, 2017
Kay17:

Are these the views of the billion strong Christians or views of a selected few of apologists?

You do realize that most Christians are educated and cognizant of scientific theories and philosophical opinions about creation stories . There is in the internet too - a repository of knowledge on so many things . As a Christian , I've reached the most logical conclusion in my opinion about creation and that's special creationism - God created primordial ancestors and allowed evolution to take its course to diversify life .
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by felixomor: 10:00am On May 07, 2017
Kay17:

The literal meaning of the text best expresses the intent of the writer. If the writer said God made heaven and earth, then he must have meant what he said and meant what he said and not something else.

Firstly, The writer didnt speak in english.
Besides there was no word like "universe" when it was written....

Secondly, And try translating your local language in Google and see the errors that come with it.
That should tell you that no two languages can be translated into the exact meaning of each other.
The best you get is the "nearest in meaning".

Thirdly, get a concordance.
There is already a screenshot of the root word it was translated from above on this thread.
You will get the meanings.
As English language dictionary continues to expand, more meanings of old word translations emerge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:00am On May 07, 2017
Kay17:

Lay out your proof

My comment contained two proofs

1. The soundness of ontological argument

2. The evidence of God in nature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by TimmyPapa(m): 10:22am On May 07, 2017
HCpaul:

What's pertaining to us right? I think that is righteousness 'the only responsibility that we have on earth'.
If you think that life is all about doing good or bad, then you lack something fundamental about the human existence. You are no longer human but a hanuman, you are no longer homo sapience but a mere sapience.
So if what's pertaining to us is righteousness alone, then God himself lack something fundamental about being a Creator as well as his own existence.
At least, we humans too create robots and we didn't just create them to be either doing good or bad but for a more profound purpose.

The Bible was rather written by the inspiration of man's imagination. That's why we have thousand of God's of which the Christian God is only taking the lead.
Lolz.. well tell me wat the life if a about apart from living a better life... see God initial purpose I for us to lv a free cool life...but sinc man start evil den he only gave us a guide to been good....righteousness is been accordance to MORAL law nd Godly law
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by Nobody: 10:42am On May 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

https://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~wilkins/writing/Samples/shortmed/nelson/sickle.html

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20450-how-sickle-cell-carriers-fend-off-malaria/

Ignorance with arrogance can kill
Seems you and Felix are same person.....

Sickle cell was "developed" to fight malaria.......

Checkout the quote... Developed

I can't argue this with you cos you can't intelligently see the nonsense in ya response

1 Like

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by Kay17: 11:14am On May 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

My comment contained two proofs

1. The soundness of ontological argument

2. The evidence of God in nature

State your ontological argument and state the evidence of God in nature

1 Like

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by Kay17: 11:18am On May 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You do realize that most Christians are educated and cognizant of scientific theories and philosophical opinions about creation stories . There is in the internet too - a repository of knowledge on so many things . As a Christian , I've reached the most logical conclusion in my opinion about creation and that's special creationism - God created primordial ancestors and allowed evolution to take its course to diversify life .

Are you saying that mainstream Christianity believes that God triggered the evolutionary process as a means to diversify life? Do they know why a diversification of life is necessary? Do mainstream Christians accept internet sources as their guidance in faith?
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by Kay17: 11:22am On May 07, 2017
felixomor:

Firstly, The writer didnt speak in english.
Besides there was no word like "universe" when it was written....

Secondly, And try translating your local language in Google and see the errors that come with it.
That should tell you that no two languages can be translated into the exact meaning of each other.
The best you get is the "nearest in meaning".

Thirdly, get a concordance.
There is already a screenshot of the root word it was translated from above on this thread.
You will get the meanings.
As English language dictionary continues to expand, more meanings of old word translations emerge.

You have made good sense, I accept there are no two languages that can be translated with exactitude. Most likely Hebrew was the original language in which the Bible was written and it lost its meaning gradually when it was being translated into other languages.

Now show us Hebrew words and why you are convinced they convey a meaning similar to the Universe as we understand to be today.
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:18pm On May 07, 2017
Kay17:

Are you saying that mainstream Christianity believes that God triggered the evolutionary process as a means to diversify life? Do they know why a diversification of life is necessary? Do mainstream Christians accept internet sources as their guidance in faith?

I don't think you understood my response . I was just trying to show you that we Christians not just the apologetics are aware of these interpretations whichever way we made these discoveries ( I got to about progressive creationism from Dake's Annotated Bible ) unlike the atheists . I can't speak for everyone .

--
Try to have a discourse with the usual ignorant atheists and they just go on prattling about all Christians believing God created the universe in seven days and why they are intellectually superior simply because they don't subscribe to such view . Its exasperating to even pay attention to such shallow-mindedness though .

And when you tell them that there are atheists who reject evolution and accept intelligent design (life on earth was created by aliens in Raelism) , they open threads and accuse you of lying .
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by Kay17: 1:30pm On May 07, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I don't think you understood my response . I was just trying to show you that we Christians not just the apologetics are aware of these interpretations whichever way we made these discoveries ( I got to about progressive creationism from Dake's Annotated Bible ) unlike the atheists . I can't speak for everyone .

Never mind.
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by ScienceWatch: 2:05pm On May 07, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

warisdis

Thanks for the compliment. I wish I was as sharp as KingEbukasblog.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by felixomor: 4:02pm On May 07, 2017
Kay17:

You have made good sense, I accept there are no two languages that can be translated with exactitude. Most likely Hebrew was the original language in which the Bible was written and it lost its meaning gradually when it was being translated into other languages.

Now show us Hebrew words and why you are convinced they convey a meaning similar to the Universe as we understand to be today.

Re: Who Created Other Planets? by GoodMuyis(m): 4:24pm On May 07, 2017
Their is no other planet, its just us on earth, The Moon, The Sun and The stars. nothing like other planet.

Those images you see in books and Films are all CGI, NASA knew the truth.

Since 1960s Nail Armstrong moon landing scam, we are yet to see another live moon landing, even when technology had advanced for safe landing this days.

We are sending several signals to outer space, try to reach the supposed Alien who MAY had advance technology than us yet no response from them or them trying to come and land on our earth.

A terrible question to asked is what kind of camera did they use to take image of those supposed other planet if the are thousands of miles away from earth, yet such camera cant give us a clear view of moon surface that is so near to is
Re: Who Created Other Planets? by CatfishBilly: 4:37pm On May 07, 2017
GoodMuyis:
Their is no other planet, its just us on earth, The Moon, The Sun and The stars. nothing like other planet.

Those images you see in books and Films are all CGI, NASA knew the truth.

Since 1960s Nail Armstrong moon landing scam, we are yet to see another live moon landing, even when technology had advanced for safe landing this days.

We are sending several signals to outer space, try to reach the supposed Alien who MAY had advance technology than us yet no response from them or them trying to come and land on our earth.

A terrible question to asked is what kind of camera did they use to take image of those supposed other planet if the are thousands of miles away from earth, yet such camera cant give us a clear view of moon surface that is so near to is
So, the Rover expedition on Mars that was live streamed to the world is also CGI, abi?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria-guinea Next Saturday (0-1) Today's Prophesy By T.b. Joshua / Sinners In Christ Embassy,steal Millions Of Naira In Church’s Bank / God's Promises On Provision - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.