Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? (35883 Views)

Wife Or Friend: Who Deserves The Front Seat? / How To Date Your Sibling’s Friend? The Must-follow 10 Rules To Remember / If Your Girl Once Dated Yahoo Boy ..you Are Doomed(see Reason And Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 4:00pm On May 06, 2017
davide470:
Which kind of yeye comparison be this?

To the OP, don't tell mhen. She has found happiness, don't spoil it. Move on.
Thanks my honourable mod.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by MENTORCH(m): 4:09pm On May 06, 2017
Mynd44:

Corrected

Wrong, pussy and dick isn't the same thing. If a dick bleeps 500 women it remains the same or even sharper but pussy doesn't.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by OgbeniSamm(m): 4:23pm On May 06, 2017
Wait! Don't tell ur nephew first. I think u shld let d babe knw he's ur nephew. She myt not knw yet. If she's okay with it despite d fact dat u don bleep am before, then luck up and let them get married. Dnt tel ur nephew o! If u tel him and he feels indifferent abt it now, it will later cause problem btw husband and wife in future. U can only tell him if there's smt dangerous attached, just to protect him, if nothing, then let them be and attend d wedding...but dnt stick around them after wedding o! U must gv a significant distance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 06, 2017
Honestly I wouldn't mention it to him but do tell her that now she is with your cousin she should be faithful. Why Well from experience you don't want to be tagged as a non well wisher by the same couple if their love is stronger than your objections cause technically you're referring to something in the past. Something that doesn't affect her future unless you choose too

My cousin once told me to spy on her husband when we went clubbing like a fool I did and she went to tell him my cousin said till today gatherings are uncomfortable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 06, 2017
HARDDON:

I concur!

@ ur siggy, that makes me even feel extra special cos in all those numbers, there is just one of Me! Yes, Me!

cool
Yes you!!! cheesy
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by SmartyPants(m): 4:38pm On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
Do you think the lady and her family would be happy with me if my cousin break up with her,we are Africans bruh....moreover there's no need for your last word,there's nothing cowardice in this matter(no offence).Thanks for your contribution though.

I'm sorry but i just put myself in your nephew's shoes. That man has the right to know, and based on the bolded you are just trying to protect yourself.

What you should do is let your nephew know the truth in a mature way. Call some elders around, inform him of the situation and let them advice him (if you can't).

Anything built on deceit will surely crash and the crash will be worse than what you are trying to avoid today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by DavidEsq(m): 4:40pm On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
He is my cousin,I'm not jealous(never) but I'm just trying to play safe.I don't know what would happen if I attend the wedding,we've not seen each other since we broke up.

OP, u said Nephew now u saying cousin. Don't they mean different? See as lie dey be 4 ur mouth. If ur ex babe is ur Nephew's chic, then how old was she wen u wr gbenshing her? angry paedophile OP.
I dey junction dey wait u with my guys and we gallant wit our koboko
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Erinz: 4:58pm On May 06, 2017
Its tOo late to tel ur nephew, u shud av done dat early.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by pato1(m): 5:08pm On May 06, 2017
Bumbae1:
Nope
Trust me wont work out smiley
Besides it's like taking someones left overs ....

For example :
Your friend is sitting next to you drinking garri (garri is the female his dating)
He spits inside this garri .. blow catar inside .. put pepper put salt in this same bowl of garri
now he drops the bowl of garri said his done
Will you eat out of that same bowl??

So all girls who have been used and left is liken to a bowl of garri that has catar inside .. put pepper put salt in this same bowl of garri... God

Now some random person can walk in ask
Na who get garri
His free to eat it .. has no knowledge whats gone into that garri
Though he may find out eventually ..

Do you get my point
It's the knowing smiley
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 5:11pm On May 06, 2017
DavidEsq:

OP, u said Nephew now u saying cousin. Don't they mean different? See as lie dey be 4 ur mouth. If ur ex babe is ur Nephew's chic, then how old was she wen u wr gbenshing her? angry paedophile OP.
I dey junction dey wait u with my guys and we gallant wit our koboko
It was a mistake,I just modified the post.He is my cousin not my nephew,I hope you are happy,please I'm not a paedophile,it is not a must to comment.Thank you "Mr saint and perfect" for your contribution.

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by justmenoni: 5:14pm On May 06, 2017
Ok, but true true shey youdondeymad? grin grin grin

quote author=Youdondeymad post=56265769] cheesy *Yawns*

Ok noted

3[/quote]
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 5:14pm On May 06, 2017
SmartyPants:

I'm sorry but i just put myself in your nephew's shoes. That man has the right to know, and based on the bolded you are just trying to protect yourself.

What you should do is let your nephew know the truth in a mature way. Call some elders around, inform him of the situation and let them advice him (if you can't).

Anything built on deceit will surely crash and the crash will be worse than what you are trying to avoid today.
Thanks,I'm sorry for the confusion earlier,he is my cousin(not my nephew).

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Selfdesign: 5:15pm On May 06, 2017
But if it's the other way round, no biggie right Women have suffered
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by TheABOMINATION: 5:20pm On May 06, 2017
davide470:
Which kind of yeye comparison be this?

To the OP, don't tell mhen. She has found happiness, don't spoil it. Move on.

You are right to say he shouldn't tell, because the marriage plan has gone too far.

But who is to say the girl won't reveal the fact later, and cause the cousin to vex with op for not telling him.

My advice is that op should meet with the girl, talk to her, come to agreement with her that none of you will talk. Although this seems like you are both covering a crime, but the fact is that as long as op has no guarantee that the girl won't talk later, then op should not keep quiet. And if op can't meet with the girl, to come to a non disclosure agreement with her, then he should tell 'the guy the babe you are marrying, I dated her for two years o'.

That said, telling the guy can also turn out bad for him, in the event that the guy is not ok with the fact, but can no longer cancel the wedding, then he will simply wish op hadn't tell him.
Therefore op follow the first advice, leave the decision to tell or not up to whether you can make the girl agree to keep quiet about the fact.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 5:23pm On May 06, 2017
justmenoni:
Ok, but true true shey youdondeymad? grin grin grin

quote author=Youdondeymad post=56265769] cheesy *Yawns*

Ok noted

No i'm not,what about you?lol

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 5:29pm On May 06, 2017
Selfdesign:
But if it's the other way round, no biggie right Women have suffered
I'm not a sexist sir/ma,I believe in fairness,justice and equity irrespective of sex,creed,status etc

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 5:38pm On May 06, 2017
TheABOMINATION:

You are right to say he shouldn't tell, because the marriage plan has gone too far.

But who is to say the girl won't reveal the fact later, and cause the cousin to vex with op for not telling him.

My advice is that op should meet with the girl, talk to her, come to agreement with her that none of you will talk. Although this seems like you are both covering a crime, but the fact is that as long as op has no guarantee that the girl won't talk later, then op should not keep quiet. And if op can't meet with the girl, to come to a non disclosure agreement with her, then he should tell 'the guy the babe you are marrying, I dated her for two years o'.

That said, telling the guy can also turn out bad for him, in the event that the guy is not ok with the fact, but can no longer cancel the wedding, then he will simply wish op hadn't tell him.
Therefore op follow the first advice, leave the decision to tell or not up to whether you can make the girl agree to keep quiet about the fact.
I don't think I can meet her to discuss anything because she won't believe me,we deleted every connection we had then after we broke up.I deleted her numbers,FB account etc(she did the same also).She won't even accept my friend request on FB,whassap etc because she knows my details,I can create another account but I don't like bugging people.I'd attend the wedding but I would lay low,I wont say anything,after that I'm moving away from their lives for good.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by RaeMystix: 5:39pm On May 06, 2017
Yikes!!...Sloppy seconds. It better you tell him sooner than later. He would know of it eventually.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by doskie(m): 5:40pm On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
Good morning peeps, I have been pondering about this issue since last week.

I was chatting with my nephew on whassapp few days ago,while we were chatting, I observed something strange. He is planning to settle down with his fiancee very soon, I was surprised when I saw the picture of his fiancee but I pretended as if I don't know her. I have dated this babe before (to be honest), I dated her after I broke up with my first love few years ago. We dated for 2 years and 3 months, I don't really know what to do. I don't want to burst my nephew's bubbles because he is so much in love, I don't have any problem with their union but I'm planning to avoid the marriage.

Am I right or wrong, please no bashing or insults, thank you all.

God forbid!!! its a taboo in my culture
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 5:43pm On May 06, 2017
doskie:
God forbid!!! its a taboo in my culture
Really?

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by TheABOMINATION: 5:47pm On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
I don't think I can meet her to discuss anything because she won't believe me,we deleted every connection we had then after we broke up.I deleted her numbers,FB account etc(she did the same also).She won't even accept my friend request on FB,whassap etc because she knows my details,I can create another account but I don't like bugging people.I'd attend the wedding but I would lay low,I wont say anything,after that I'm moving away from their lives for good.

If that's the case then good. If the guy is someone you can move away from, then you can get away with not telling him. But if he is someone that you will keep getting involved with, someone you plan to continue to be best friends with, then he will definitely find out and confront you. So if you are not going to tell him, then you'll have to stop being best bro with him.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by DorisK(f): 6:00pm On May 06, 2017
I will or won't depending on how rich, handsome, or sexy he is.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by DorisK(f): 6:02pm On May 06, 2017
I will marry him if he's dangote or Gates, or Donald Duke or John cena or Ronaldo or Harry styles even if he dated my mother
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by objayjay: 6:06pm On May 06, 2017
Bumbae1:
Nope
Trust me wont work out smiley
Besides it's like taking someones left overs ....

For example :
Your friend is sitting next to you drinking garri (garri is the female his dating)
He spits inside this garri .. blow catar inside .. put pepper put salt in this same bowl of garri
now he drops the bowl of garri said his done
Will you eat out of that same bowl??

Now some random person can walk in ask
Na who get garri
His free to eat it .. has no knowledge whats gone into that garri
Though he may find out eventually ..

Do you get my point
It's the knowing smiley
what sort of leftover??...ain't we all someone's leftover??...oyah kwantinue..
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 6:14pm On May 06, 2017
queenDD:
Op are you married?
No I'm not.

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by oluwashedy: 6:18pm On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
It is a long story,can't even share it on the net(I'm sorry).But she is a good lady,we are both introverted(part of the reasons we separated).

Well if you say she's good, then her marry ur nephew

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by manmustwac(m): 6:29pm On May 06, 2017
YES! But it won't be an easy decision
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by DavidEsq(m): 6:45pm On May 06, 2017
Youdondeymad:
It was a mistake,I just modified the post.He is my cousin not my nephew,I hope you are happy,please I'm not a paedophile,it is not a must to comment.Thank you "Mr saint and perfect" for your contribution.

angry

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by MkayOshh: 6:57pm On May 06, 2017
It will be better for you to let your nephew know about it. it wont be fresh if he later find out. Blood!!!.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 7:01pm On May 06, 2017
DorisK:
I will marry him if he's dangote or Gates, or Donald Duke or John cena or Ronaldo or Harry styles even if he dated my mother
shocked

Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by justmenoni: 7:11pm On May 06, 2017
No but youdondeymad?

quote author=Youdondeymad post=56269433]No i'm not,what about you?lol

3[/quote]
Re: Can You Marry Someone Your Sibling Or Friend Once Dated? by Youdondeymad: 7:18pm On May 06, 2017
justmenoni:
No but youdondeymad?

quote author=Youdondeymad post=56269433]No i'm not,what about you?lol

Ok nobody is mad.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Found Gynaecosid Tablets On My Supposedly Virgin Girlfriend.. / I Don’t Feel Comfortable Hearing My Friend & His Girlfriend Pray / Ladies, When You Sleep Around You Strip Your Future Husband Off Respect - Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.