Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

How Do You Deal With Travel Motion Sickness? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Deal With Travel Motion Sickness? (701 Views)

How Do You Deal With A Woman Like This? / How Do You Deal With A Breakup? / Need Help With Travel Plans To See My Gf For The Holidays (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Deal With Travel Motion Sickness? by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 06, 2017
Guys help me out here. I'm making a journey of about 2hrs and barely 10mins into it I already feel like throwing up around the whole place, even with the A.c on, cold sweats are all over me

Pls if you experience this, help me out here

cc: lalasticlala
Re: How Do You Deal With Travel Motion Sickness? by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 06, 2017
Ugh, I know what you mean. It was worse when I was a child but I can control it now by sitting near the window. I don't mind sticking my head out like a dog when it hits hard. I read that it can be controlled by where you're seated. Always sit on the side, never in the middle.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Travel Motion Sickness? by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 06, 2017
If you get carsick or seasick easily, touch the lips with some balm to prevent nausea, avoid it entering your mouth
Re: How Do You Deal With Travel Motion Sickness? by twisteddaNy(m): 6:30pm On May 06, 2017
ZarZar:
Ugh, I know what you mean. It was worse when I was a child but I can control it now by sitting near the window. I don't mind sticking my head out like a dog when it hits hard. I read that it can be controlled by where you're seated. Always sit on the side, never in the middle.

Are you sure zarzar Cuz I still throw up regardless
Re: How Do You Deal With Travel Motion Sickness? by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 06, 2017
twisteddaNy:

Are you sure zarzar Cuz I still throw up regardless

That is what I read somewhere & it works for me. Why don't you Google other methods, perhaps you'll find one that works for you too. Good luck.
Re: How Do You Deal With Travel Motion Sickness? by oluwashedy: 6:39pm On May 06, 2017
vargasvictory:
Guys help me out here. I'm making a journey of about 2hrs and barely 10mins into it I already feel like throwing up around the whole place, even with the A.c on, cold sweats are all over me

Sit close to the window

Avoid pressing your Mobile phone

Make sure you're wif chewing gum

Avoid buying, drinking and eating junks at every bus stop
Re: How Do You Deal With Travel Motion Sickness? by odutolasodiq(m): 7:06pm On May 06, 2017
Dont Travel On Empty Stomach... U Will Be Fine Throughout The Trip
Re: How Do You Deal With Travel Motion Sickness? by shestrong(f): 7:24pm On May 06, 2017
chew gum plz nd I always travel with a nylon incase of necessity it's embarrassing.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Travel Motion Sickness? by shestrong(f): 7:26pm On May 06, 2017
odutolasodiq:
Dont Travel On Empty Stomach... U Will Be Fine Throughout The Trip

taaah! he should travel on an empty stomach or else he'll puke

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Travel Motion Sickness? by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 06, 2017
I also have motion sickness... but the difference BTW us both is mine only shows its ugly face when my journey begin enter 4 hours... here how I deal with mine, I don't eat anything on the eve of my travel and also when I'm enroute my destination..... also when I feel nauseated, I pop a bitter kola into my mouth.... works for me.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Travel Motion Sickness? by odutolasodiq(m): 1:30pm On May 07, 2017
shestrong:

taaah! he should travel on an empty stomach or else he'll puke
I Gave The Advise Base On Personal Experience
Re: How Do You Deal With Travel Motion Sickness? by swiitJese(f): 2:51pm On May 07, 2017
vargasvictory:

For me, a.c increases my chances of throwing up. If u can, travel with an empty stomach. Ifu coose to eat, buy bitterkola and chew, it helps a lot. I had to chew bitterkola during my last trip of 7hrs, even though I hate it. It curbed the nausea. Dnt go and buy plenty and start chewing. Just one is enof for ur trip.. Have a nausea-free trip. smiley wink wink
Re: How Do You Deal With Travel Motion Sickness? by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 07, 2017
Worst feeling ever ! Argh
Motion sickness ..

You should have taken this tablet before you board , notmally it settles your stomach or
You just have to go to vomitt let it out .. wash ur face with cold water .. do not eat .
Only thing that works for me sha . Or you suck on lemon or lime... or ginger
Re: How Do You Deal With Travel Motion Sickness? by shestrong(f): 5:40pm On May 07, 2017
odutolasodiq:
I Gave The Advise Base On Personal Experience

kk
Re: How Do You Deal With Travel Motion Sickness? by Cleopatra4(f): 8:01pm On May 07, 2017
I feel the same too! The thought of traveling alone is killing me.
Re: How Do You Deal With Travel Motion Sickness? by SirKriz(m): 8:46pm On May 07, 2017
vargasvictory:

To avoid that, travel without AC and keep the windows open. Fresh air is way better than AC when you are traveling especially for long distances. Even if you travel for more than 10 hours, you will still feel fine with fresh air instead of AC.
Re: How Do You Deal With Travel Motion Sickness? by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 07, 2017
vargasvictory:

1. Always sit where you can get plenty of air. If It's an air-conditioned vehicle, sit close to the vents.

2. Strong Mint...either sweets or chewing gum.

3. Don't eat anything, except u want to have some water or sprite(it's what I take). Food has always been a no-no.

It happens to me when a plane's taking off too. And when someone's having something with coffee in it close to me.

I got a prescription drug that was never bought, I hate drugs.

I hope this helps smiley

1 Like

Re: How Do You Deal With Travel Motion Sickness? by Tobilexy: 9:18pm On May 07, 2017
take bitter lemon drink

(1) (Reply)

This Life You Are Living Is For A Purpose.... Wise Up! / Ladies!! See The 5 Main Types Of Women That We Men Are Attracted To (see Here) / How Her Friend’s Betrayal Turned To Blessing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.