Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed (37782 Views)

Ireland Elects 38-year-old Gay New Prime Minister / Chechen Man Pledges Terrible Punishment For ‘chechnya Gays’ Caricatures / Gay Men Thrown Into Concentration Camp-style Prisons In Chechnya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed by lalasticlala(m): 2:22pm On May 08, 2017
A gay teen in Chechnya has been brutally killed by his uncle after he was outed to his family.
The anonymous 17-year-old was pushed from a balcony from the ninth floor of a building.

The teenager’s family was reportedly encouraged to “wash the shame” away of their gay relative.

The heart wrenching story of the teen’s murder comes after a survivor of the gay purge in Chechnya opened up to a Russian magazine about their experience of growing up in the extremist region.

The anonymous survivor explained that while he managed to escape the dire region, where hundreds of men have been detained and killed for their sexuality, others were not so lucky.

He said: “Others were caught, killed and their bodies were thrown into the yard of their families, in some cases, the bodies just passed away, because according to Islamic laws, gay bodies are not necessary to bury.”

Speaking to Snob magazine, the survivor explained that the story of the teen was recounted to him after he came out as gay to his religious leader.

The anonymous man said that after he came out he was met with “horror, disappointment and disgust” from the “mullah” – a Muslim leader training in Islamic theology and sacred law.

The religious leader reportedly told the man that he should leave Chechnya because of the “shame”.

“As a Chechen and as a man I do not want to see you here. Neither in the mosque, nor in this district. I want you to leave now, because everything you said is the most disgusting thing you can find out.

“I hope your relatives have the dignity to wash away your shame. Go away,” the religious leader said.

The anonymous survivor said that the persecution in the region had been going on since 2009, and many people were forced into paying the police up to 100,000 rubles ($1,720) to avoid torture.

Disabled people and BME minorities also being targeted according to the man.

Police in Chechnya issued a warning to parents of gay people to kill their children before police had to kill them in torture camps.

Reports have revealed concentration style camps that homosexual men are being forced into, sparking an outcry from LGBT and human rights activists across the world.

The Russian Government finally announced today that it would investigate the persecution of gay men in the region, just days after German Chancellor Angela Merkel publicly pressed Russian President Vladimir Putin to do just that during a rare summit between the two leaders.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/05/05/gay-teen-in-chechnya-pushed-from-9th-floor-balcony-after-being-outed/

1 Like

Re: 17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed by maxti: 2:25pm On May 08, 2017
Which is the greater shame?

4 Likes

Re: 17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed by RoyalBlak007: 2:25pm On May 08, 2017
♤I so much got this

♤contempt for them..

3 Likes

Re: 17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed by robosky02(m): 2:31pm On May 08, 2017
whatttttttttt shocked

1 Like

Re: 17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed by nerodenero: 2:32pm On May 08, 2017
A gay is first human before being gay. Inasmuch I detest their act, for humanity's sake, live and let live.

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed by fellafella(m): 2:36pm On May 08, 2017
Re: 17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 08, 2017
Homosexuality? Na war ooo. E no cause make dem dey kill dem nw. Ah! Mtchew

And wetin most of these guys dey do worse pass homosexuality for hidden.
#Hypocrites!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 08, 2017
Its worse that he is dead.

I sympathize that he is dead but homosexuality is still what it is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed by TheLogicalMind(m): 2:37pm On May 08, 2017
MUSLIM GAY RIGHTS ACTIVIST MAAJID NAWAZ SAID ISLAM IS MORE TOLERANT OF HOMOSEXUALITY THAN OTHER RELIGIONS. ACCORDING TO MAAJID:

Traditionally, Islam was open to exploring beauty and sexuality, especially when Islamic culture flourished and Europe was in what were known as the Dark Ages.

The Prophet Muhammad taught that “God is Beautiful, and loves Beauty.” The 11th century Andalusian scholar Ibn Hazm wrote “The Ring of the Dove,” a treatise on the different stages of love, including some rather explicit real-life homosexual stories.

It is true that many early Muslim scholars condemned homosexuality, and cited scripture to justify their position. But the themes of love and sexuality have been debated and discussed by Muslim theologians and artists for centuries.

The word “homosexuality” is not even used in the Quran. In fact, it did not exist in the Arabic language. The modern Muslim conclusion that homosexuality is “unnatural” is therefore not based on anything in Islamic scripture.

The Quranic story of the prophet Lot is often invoked by religious-conservative Muslims to denounce homosexuals. This is a mythical story which was borrowed from Jewish and Christian scriptures. It is not even remotely Islamic in origin. But even here, there has been debate. A renowned traditional authority on the Quran, al-Kisa’i al-Kufi, took the view that the story of Lot referred to heterosexual men who raped other men, and not homosexual men.

The chapter of al-Nur (Quran 24:31) specifically recognises “men who are not in need of women.” As the context of the passage shows, these are men who are not attracted to women. They may have been gay or asexual. By definition, they were not heterosexual men. They are also not judged or condemned anywhere in the Quran. The Prophet’s own example shows that he accepted men living around him who were called “Mukhannath,” seen to be “acting like women.”

IF MAAJID NAWAZ IS RIGHT, WHY ARE MUSLIMS SO HYPOCRITICAL ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed by Franzinni: 2:37pm On May 08, 2017
I use to hate gay people with a passion because I was taught to hate them and nothing more....

Now I know better... The world is full of perspectives and even if I don't like your perspective doesn't mean I can't tolerate it.

The uncle should. Be pushed from the 10th floor too.... If he feels he is a god.... Then he must know how to fly...

Another thing to note is most people that want to kill gay. People so bad.... Are psychologically trying to kill someting which they hate about themselves...

#in the closet

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed by 11cows4sale(m): 2:37pm On May 08, 2017
I love that

5 Likes

Re: 17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed by SexyNairalander: 2:37pm On May 08, 2017
booked
Re: 17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed by lonelydora: 2:37pm On May 08, 2017
Hmmm
Re: 17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed by Ohammadike: 2:38pm On May 08, 2017
Why would you murder somebody for what they do in their bedroom.

In as much as I don't support gays killing them is wrong

43 Likes

Re: 17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed by Sirpaul(m): 2:38pm On May 08, 2017
pushed!......
Re: 17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed by Dottore: 2:38pm On May 08, 2017
I hate gays but wasting a soul is a No No

3 Likes

Re: 17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed by emmabest2000(m): 2:38pm On May 08, 2017
nerodenero:
A gay is first human before being gay. Inasmuch I detest their act, for humanity sake, live and let's live.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed by iceberryose(m): 2:39pm On May 08, 2017
11cows4sale:
I love that
They used your brain for rituals?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed by delishpot: 2:39pm On May 08, 2017
When you depend on first world country for immunisation, they use your people as labrats. I strongly think this gay issue is genetically triggered by someone or people who are testing out some chemical weapon.

3 Likes

Re: 17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed by Igboesika: 2:39pm On May 08, 2017
Incredible.
Re: 17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 08, 2017
Hypocrites everywhere...
Re: 17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed by kpaofame: 2:40pm On May 08, 2017
Here to read comments...

Meme i haf nothing to say lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed by cerowo(f): 2:40pm On May 08, 2017
Such a painful death
Re: 17-year-old Gay In Chechnya Pushed From 9th Floor Balcony After Being Outed by delishpot: 2:40pm On May 08, 2017
Odingo1:
They should have make effort to change him from been gay since he is just 17 yrs old,but if he refuses to change then they can kill him

You are wicked

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Michelle Obama Takes Her Last Walk Through The White House (video) / Video Of Kherson Residents Celebrating Following Liberation From Russia / Here’s Queen Elizabeth’s Diet That Keeps Her In Majestic Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.