Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? (2437 Views)

I’m Just 25 Years Old And I’ve Slept With 69 Guys This Year Alone; Photo / Samuel Yarling: Pre-Wedding Photos Of The Groom That Died On His Wedding Day / Nigerian Bride Refuses To Kiss The Groom On Their Wedding For This Reason (Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by marvelck: 7:25pm On May 08, 2017
Most naija brides usually don't buy the idea of supporting their groom (with some funds) to take care of their wedding expenses when they are about to get married. Most girls (including the working class ones) prefer to fold their arms and leave all the wedding expenses to their groom/husband to be, to take care of. But I thought love is all about sharing. So why leave your boo to bear the burden alone? A girl even said, she wont contribute her money to do her wedding if her fiance is not ready financially to do it. That she wont mind to wait until when he's capable to finance their wedding. Since its the duty of the groom to finance the wedding. Can you imagine. Naija girls eh!

CC: Lalasticlala

Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by xynerise: 7:28pm On May 08, 2017
No, there must be agreement between the two....well, unless the groom wants to form James Bond

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 08, 2017
I don't know what tribe you are from but in yoruba land, the groom does not take the burden alone

3 Likes

Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 08, 2017
You're the one going to ask for her hand in marriage not the other way round. It's your responsibility to fund the wedding but it's a choice for her to assist if she could.
Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by xynerise: 7:39pm On May 08, 2017
kimbra:
You're the one going to ask for her hand in marriage not the other way round. It's your responsibility to fund the wedding but it's a choice for her to assist if she could.

Be deceiving yourself

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by greatwhite(m): 7:43pm On May 08, 2017
It depends on the family/tribe you are dealing with. In an ideal Yoruba setting the wife's family host the wedding. In some Yoruba families the bride & groom share the responsibilities. If you intend to marry from the yorubas in kogi. The groom pays for everything. Unless the brides family decides to help u. Which is not usually the case.
Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by Nobody: 7:44pm On May 08, 2017
xynerise:

Be deceiving yourself
How is that deceit?. At times I wonder if most of you, self acclaimed Nigerians who comment on here are aliens. grin
Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by Kondomatic(m): 7:44pm On May 08, 2017
kimbra:
I love gender equality

gringringringringringrin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 08, 2017
Kondomatic:
I love gender equality

gringringringringringrin
I hate gender equality. The man was made to be the head, and the woman, neck. grin
Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by firstking01(m): 7:46pm On May 08, 2017
It all depends sha....for me i won't allow her contribute a dime....unless stuffs like wedding gown, sets of earings/jewelries, cosmetics and etc...

2 Likes

Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by Kondomatic(m): 7:47pm On May 08, 2017
kimbra:
I hate gender equality. The man was made to be the head, and the woman, neck. grin

gringringringringringrin

Who are the chest, tummy and blokus ?
Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by xynerise: 7:49pm On May 08, 2017
kimbra:
How is that deceit?. At times I wonder if most of you, self acclaimed Nigerians who comment on here are aliens. grin

Self acclaimed?

Nne, abu onye Igbo. Nwa Afor.

You don't rest all expenses on the man like you are doing him a favour. If you don't get married now, you will start doing fasting and prayers grin
Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:51pm On May 08, 2017
See the hypocrisy of women, they would say it is a man duty to pay for the wedding, but if he says:" let's have a small wedding", see how these same women would go Insane.

To some of these babes, the wedding celebration is EVERYTHING.

4 Likes

Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 08, 2017
Kondomatic:

gringringringringringrin

Who are the chest, tummy and blokus ?
The kids, of course. grin cheesy
Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by xynerise: 7:56pm On May 08, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
See the hypocrisy of women, they would say it is a man duty to pay for the wedding, but if he says:" let's have a small wedding", see how these same women would go Insane.

To some of these babes, the wedding celebration is EVERYTHING.

MBJ!! cheesy

Guy, how far na?
Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 08, 2017
xynerise:

Self acclaimed?

Nne, abu onye Igbo. Nwa Afor.

You don't rest all expenses on the man like you are doing him a favour. If you don't get married now, you will start doing fasting and prayers grin
Nobody is doing anyone a favour. If you're not ready to man up to responsibilities, don't think marriage. Like I said earlier...her financial support in the course of the wedding is optional.
Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by xynerise: 7:59pm On May 08, 2017
kimbra:
Nobody is doing anyone a favour. If you're not ready to man up to responsibilities, don't think marriage. Like I said earlier...her financial support in the course of the wedding is optional.

At the end people like you will bring more of the finance of your wedding. grin

Nne, when life is tough, you don't justify his taking care of everything for the wedding as being responsible.
Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by Nobody: 8:04pm On May 08, 2017
xynerise:

Nne, when life is tough, you don't justify his taking care of everything for the wedding as being responsible.
How would you know what I'd do in the future on a cyberspace?. Inasmuch as most people have the desire to get married, it's not the ultimate goal in life.
Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by xynerise: 8:08pm On May 08, 2017
kimbra:
How would you know what I'd do in the future on a cyberspace?. Inasmuch as most people have the desire to get married, it's not the ultimate goal in life.

But you want to get married sha? grin
Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 08, 2017
xynerise:

But you want to get married sha? grin
No. grin
Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by xynerise: 8:19pm On May 08, 2017
kimbra:
No. grin

Be careful o. A potential suitor might be reading our posts grin
Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by kings20(m): 8:33pm On May 08, 2017
If she is not supporting with d expenses
2 things are involved
1) I want go through with d wedding 2) D wedding would be a very small one with only family members in attendance

1 Like

Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by khiaa(f): 8:35pm On May 08, 2017
So the man has to purchase his bride, the rings, pay for the wedding , and pay for the house to live in without any contribution from the bride , what good are these useless women? It's hard to believe that someone could be so selfish. That part of your culture is definitely flawed. You men should marry foreign women. grin

1 Like

Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 08, 2017
xynerise:

Be careful o. A potential suitor might be reading our posts grin
Lol, that was pun-intended.
Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 08, 2017
Yoruba tribe sha he doesn't, infact they don't do much its the brides family who does most .. but he will pay sha grin
Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 08, 2017
khiaa:
So the man has to purchase his bride, the rings, pay for the wedding , and pay for the house to live in without any contribution from the bride , what good are these useless women? It's hard to believe that someone could be so selfish. That part of your culture is definitely flawed. You men should marry foreign women. grin
Madam team foreign grin
Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by Nobody: 8:44pm On May 08, 2017
Bumbae1:
Yoruba tribe sha he doesn't, infact they don't do much its the brides family who does most .. but he will pay sha grin
Sweetheart, how are you?. grin

1 Like

Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 08, 2017
kimbra:
Sweetheart, how are you?. grin
Lol one mumu girl just irritate my blood
I dey come grin
I no fine at all ... everytime she comments my face like undecided nonsese grin sorry brb
Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by khiaa(f): 8:48pm On May 08, 2017
[quote author=Bumbae1 post=56332765]
Madam team foreign grin[/quok

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 08, 2017
[quote author=khiaa post=56332939][/quote]
wink
Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:05pm On May 08, 2017
xynerise:

MBJ!! cheesy

Guy, how far na?

Hey bro, I am good, and you?
Yeah back on NL until I get fed up again lol
Re: Is It The Duty Of The Groom To Finance The Wedding Alone(photo)? by Sierusvirus(m): 9:10pm On May 08, 2017
xynerise:

You just said it all. She is the type that's will finance the wedding codedly for her to enter man house and answer MRS grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dec / She Is Barely A Teenager...how Do I Handle This? / Social Media "Slay Queen" Shows Off Her Makeup, And It’s On “Fleek”! (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.