Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon (27676 Views)

Nnamdi Azikiwe & Obafemi Awolowo And Their Cars (Photos) / Prayer Session In Remembrance Of Abubakar Olusola Saraki (Photos) / Joel Savage: Driving Obafemi Awolowo Through The Principal Streets Of Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Elkay3: 12:37pm On May 10, 2017
Zaitoon:
haha what shocked shocked

You just earned my respect.

Edited.
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by ariesbull: 12:44pm On May 10, 2017
padiga047:
let me educate you, Aba is the Japan of Africa where the most indigenous products are churned out in their millions, a place filled with intelligent, hardworking people where the government reaches out to develop home grown talent.

If you are in Nigeria, you must have heard 'made in aba' multiple times.

Sorry, where is Kiribati again?

I would like to come to aba.... Kiribati is in Oceania ...Near paupa new Guinea...Here we bask in sun daily...
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by EternalTruth: 1:07pm On May 10, 2017
Zaitoon:
yes Afonja muslimcheesy
ok. What's your name and where are you from?
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by felicitywe(m): 1:29pm On May 10, 2017
legendsCoded:

“When he was questioned he lied that the National Security Organization now State Security Services had visited his house to check on him and in the process took the tape in question but” Awoists” knew that this was a very weak argument as he did not inform their political group of this development before their enquiry on the subject
“That was how Senator Abraham Adesanya assumed the leadership of the Awolowo camp of Yoruba politics after the demise of the man ,he was not even so close to Awolowo during his lifetime like Chief Jakande and that was why many called him Baba Kekere on account of this cosy relationship
“Before he gave up the ghost , he said his prayers and then took the poison which killed him almost immediately but the public was not fully aware as they were given a different account of what happened.
“We were simply told that he died while he was brushing his teeth in his bathroom at his Park Lane,Apapa residence here in Lagos

--Source
--http://247ureports.com/2012/10/29/how-awolowo-committed-suicide-by-abdulmumini-adeku/

enigmaticlion:
this is someone write-up which cannot be independently confirmed as fact. Anyone can write something about you, does it mean it's true if you're lied against on social media or newspapers

I v just read the source above and it is true that he died of suicide. But i wonder why he decided to curse Jakande for betraying him when he(Awo) is the architect of betrayers and was not cursed by Ojukwu for his own betraying.

1 Like

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by oyetpel(m): 1:35pm On May 10, 2017
ariesbull:

I would like to come to aba.... Kiribati is in Oceania ...Near paupa new Guinea...Here we bask in sun daily...
What are you looking for in that country??
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by felicitywe(m): 1:37pm On May 10, 2017
I know he gave south west free education through resource control which i appreciate but he is the first oil money thief in Nigeria and first money bag politician in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by ariesbull: 1:37pm On May 10, 2017
oyetpel:

What are you looking for in that country??

Nothing
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 10, 2017
GavelSlam:

I'm not really surprised.
You've been to only 2 states in your life Enugu and Rivers state.
Travel out to see how Igbos, Yoruba, Hausa etc. live in harmony.
All you've been sold is hate.
You know nothing about Awo or what he stood for.
i see. u have been to all the states in nigeria and still senseless
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by GavelSlam: 2:22pm On May 10, 2017
chukwukahenry:

i see. u have been to all the states in nigeria and still senseless

So you've said something intelligent now?
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by EternalTruth: 2:22pm On May 10, 2017
enemyofprogress:
e pain am o. Come let me buy you roll on make you smell good small grin grin tongue
BABANGBALI you sef up till now you never still sef
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Cromagnon: 2:52pm On May 10, 2017
TheKingdom:
A tribalist that did not want any of the tribes of Africa moving forward. But he try small for Yoruba education
please explain
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by enemyofprogress: 2:57pm On May 10, 2017
EternalTruth:
BABANGBALI you sef up till now you never still sef
dis Na French or Arabic? Na wetin you write?
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by oyetpel(m): 3:02pm On May 10, 2017
felicitywe:

I know he gave south west free education through resource control which i appreciate but he is the first oil money thief in Nigeria and first money bag politician in Nigeria.
Gbayi
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by laudate: 3:23pm On May 10, 2017
padiga047:
Whenever I hear the name Awolowo, millions of biafra children who starved to death comes to my mind.

The great Awolowo, may you rot in the deepest part of hell!!!

And the Ojukwu who started the war that sent millions of those children to death, before abandoning their parents to run to ivory Coast will rot in.....where?

1 Like

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by laudate: 3:27pm On May 10, 2017
edi287:
Nope, he was being honest. I honestly don't know why some igbo peeps fail to give the guy his dues.. he was a massive reason why Nigeria won the war(which ironically is why he is despised). I'm igbo but my dad ALWAYS gives Awo his respect because the guy was simply a visionary...way ahead of his time.
Your Dad must also be a visionary, superbly cultured, intellectual man. He is too correct! cool May he live long. Only the deep calls to the deep....it takes a man of vision to recognise another. Kindly give him a bottle of the best champagne, with my warm regards.

3 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Ejanla07: 3:50pm On May 10, 2017
omotayotaofem:
free education program for western region that make as stand out in education system in Nigeria

We yoruba muslims now stand down in education

We dey park now
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by LegendsCoded(m): 7:23pm On May 10, 2017
enigmaticlion:
this is someone write-up which cannot be independently confirmed as fact. Anyone can write something about you, does it mean it's true if you're lied against on social media or newspapers
wake up bro..
Ignorance is a disease
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Boyooosa(m): 9:58pm On May 10, 2017
Ikenna0b:

The more I stay on this forum and seeing yoruba people so called "education", I can see why una are heads in head with North in all stats pertaining to education.

Like are you two serious?
Have you two EVER picked up a book and read the history of that war or did you sit your asses at your "free education" classes and listen to any story told to you people to remove the guilt of your savage called awolowo.

Let me help you understand and you can research what I'm about to say

Prior to Awolowo got involved with the war, the Nigerian military was losing hence the reason biafran soliders had less military casuality than Nigerian soliders. Your awolowo instructed Gowon to blockade the ways biafran were trading hence bakassi was given to cameroon which resulted to the civilian casualties that occurred within biafra. In addition, you awolowo instructed them to find away to avoid the military and seek ways, predominately where the civilians reside, to enter the areas the Nigerian government was trying to reclaim .

In other word, your Hitler of a brother awolowo was the sole reason civilians were targeted by your weak ass military. I don't care whether a war is going on or not, to suggest that the military who are fucking armed to go after women, children and men who are unarmed like a coward as opposed to those that are armed inaddition, suggesting they starve women, men and children who yet again has no way to defend themselves in other to win a war and chest beat is one of the most wicked and devilish thing a man can do. Your awolowo is no more different than Adolf Hilter. The only difference is he's black that's it. Black both inside and outside and I'm glad he ended up dying a misery, rotten death and burning in hell as we speak.

May he continue to burn in hell and may the souls of those he targeted like the devil he is torment him there. I hope his pain is anguishing!!!!.
WUZ'ERE? THIS POST IS EMPTY GOSH! I THOUGHT YOU WANTED TO MAKE SENSE THAT IS BETTER THAN YOUR SLUM HERO WITH UR INITIAL GRAGRA... NOT SURPRISED ANYWAY, NO BE IBO YOU BE?

1 Like

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by juman(m): 4:54pm On May 13, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Senator Munir Muse Is Dead / Giadom Hands Over To APC Caretaker Committee Chairman, Mala Buni / Gunmen Kidnap 5 Wedding Guests In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.