Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,475 members, 7,823,104 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon (27697 Views)

Nnamdi Azikiwe & Obafemi Awolowo And Their Cars (Photos) / Prayer Session In Remembrance Of Abubakar Olusola Saraki (Photos) / Joel Savage: Driving Obafemi Awolowo Through The Principal Streets Of Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by edi287: 7:49am On May 10, 2017
Ikenna0b:

Could never understand why you Afonja just cannot be proud of your tribe before speaking your mind. Dude, if you're igbo then I'm brazilian.

First of all if you're actually igbo, you wouldn't support awolowo as you would have known he was the sole reasons innocent people who are igbo were killed

Secondly if you are igbo, you would also known that what Ojukwu stated us a typical elder narratives of mocking someone. There was a reason why it is stated that Ojukwu laughed after he stated that.

But like a typical Afonja, you'll delude yourself with any story if the truth does not favor una. Anyway, you can tell yourself that Ojukwu meant it. I suggest never mention that specific statement to any igbo, including your imaginary igbo dad, as they'll laugh at you to yourself. Just a suggestion.
slowpoke I'm from Imo state. Shows how deluded you ipob psychos are...blaming people for the shitty governors you vote. Awo remains one of the greatest Nigerians to have ever lived. Stop being bitter and hold our igbo political leaders responsible for what we're facing. Blaming "Afonja" for all your problems won't solve them anytime soon...Infact all it does is make igbo men sound weak and pathetic.

6 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by melodyogonna(m): 7:53am On May 10, 2017
laudate:

How!! shocked
Why don't u research his agreement with ojukwu before he was released from calabar prison.
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Ikenna0b: 7:59am On May 10, 2017
edi287:

slowpoke I'm from Imo state. Shows how deluded you ipob psychos are...blaming people for the shitty governors you vote. Awo remains one of the greatest Nigerians to have ever lived. Stop being bitter and hold our igbo political leaders responsible for what we're facing. Blaming "Afonja" for all your problems won't solve them anytime soon...Infact all it does is make igbo men sound weak and pathetic.

Why am I not shocked with the state he attache by force to? They always pick imo state to hide behind. So typical.

Where did I blame Afonja for all the problem? What in my post that you just replied even indicated indicated that? Who even talked about governors? But like a typical Afonja that's all you people delusional eyes sees when called out on your stupidity.

Funny how he stay showcasing and presenting his Afonja DNA even when pathetically trying to deny it like the cowards they are known as.

Anyway after you are done hiding behind imo like a coward, I suggest go and make yourself useful to that oshgbo village you come from

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by MENELIK1: 8:11am On May 10, 2017
nijabazaar:

U dont know the meaning of OSU, and I have gotten the cause of his death, so shove your snickering.

I don't need the meaning, since it pained you, no problem

1 Like

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by edi287: 8:15am On May 10, 2017
Ikenna0b:

Why am I not shocked with the state he attache by force to? They always pick imo state to hide behind. So typical.

Where did I blame Afonja for all the problem? What in my post that you just replied even indicated indicated that? Who even talked about governors? But like a typical Afonja that's all you people delusional eyes sees when called out on your stupidity.

Funny how he stay showcasing and presenting his Afonja DNA even when pathetically trying to deny it like the cowards they are known as.

Anyway after you are done hiding behind imo like a coward, I suggest go and make yourself useful to that oshgbo village you come from
Pure anumpam...that's what you are. You think I'm going to waste my time trying to prove I'm Igbo to you?? Lmaoooo you're a Comedian. Facts remains fact. I don't do this stupid tribal wars...I was born in 90s, not 60, 70s or 80s. I have nothing to gain in this mumu name calling grown men come on here to carry out. The truth will always set you free.
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by MightySparrow: 8:17am On May 10, 2017
raker300:
Oh, you mean the rat poison man?

Even in death Awo is Biafra nightmare. Sleep on great man..
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by nijabazaar: 8:17am On May 10, 2017
MENELIK1:

I don't need the meaning, since it pained you, no problem

I am completely indifferent Mr, if u check my posts...i've a favourable view over suicide. I am not judging Awo if you think thats my intent.

I'd just want to get to the root of the constant rumors and i am sated.

If u quote....i must reply you.
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Ikenna0b: 8:18am On May 10, 2017
edi287:

Pure anumpam...that's what you are. You think I'm going to waste my time trying to prove I'm Igbo to you?? Lmaoooo you're a Comedian. Facts remains fact. I don't do this stupid tribal wars...I was born in 90s, not 60, 70s or 80s. I have nothing to gain in this mumu name calling grown men come on here to carry out. The truth will always set you free.

Blah blah blah.

When you're done telling stories, go do something with that miserable thing you call a life.

Afonja Ewu
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by reuben79: 8:24am On May 10, 2017
Igboesika:
Rip, but how did he die, I mean what's the cause of his death ?, no offence pls, just asking .
......how ojukwu die too?wat is cause of his death elaborate?
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Kcosmos: 8:36am On May 10, 2017
YES!UP Awooooooo! Up UPN!! UP a Visioner!!UP Perhaps Best President Nigeria never had:
You are a role model even after your death.....Live one Obafemi Awolowo...
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by edi287: 8:40am On May 10, 2017
Ikenna0b:

Blah blah blah.

When you're done telling stories, go do something with that miserable thing you call a life.

Afonja Ewu
Lmaoooooo you wish I had a miserable life. Conjectures and more Conjectures. Truth hurts.
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Ikenna0b: 8:41am On May 10, 2017
edi287:

Lmaoooooo you wish I had a miserable life. Conjectures and more Conjectures. Truth hurts.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I know you're life is miserable but you can pretend otherwise online. It is good to dream
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by edi287: 8:44am On May 10, 2017
Ikenna0b:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I know you're life is miserable but you can pretend otherwise online. It is good to dream
Looool again - why would I waste my time trying to prove anything to you?? #thetruthhurts.
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Kcosmos: 8:46am On May 10, 2017
Fisrt TV station,Fisrt Tallest building,first best University,First Railway....
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Nobody: 8:47am On May 10, 2017
ariesbull:

Here in Kiribati, we don't know where is Aba but suicidal has been ascertained

Please where is Aba again...Is it a place
let me educate you, Aba is the Japan of Africa where the most indigenous products are churned out in their millions, a place filled with intelligent, hardworking people where the government reaches out to develop home grown talent.

If you are in Nigeria, you must have heard 'made in aba' multiple times.

Sorry, where is Kiribati again?
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Elkay3: 9:29am On May 10, 2017
Zaitoon:
no it is an Arabic name for olive (zaytoon).

Yeah. That was close.

So can I call you Olive?
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Zaitoon: 9:52am On May 10, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
you must be either Arewa or Yoruba Muslim. I'm I right?
yes Afonja muslimcheesy
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Zaitoon: 9:53am On May 10, 2017
Elkay3:

Yeah. That was close.

So can I call you Olive?
yeah you can smiley

1 Like

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Zaitoon: 9:59am On May 10, 2017
madridguy:
Yes, it's so unique. Good morning.

Good morning to you too .
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Elkay3: 10:00am On May 10, 2017
Zaitoon:
yeah you can smiley

I'm just kidding, the Zaitoon is better. It's more musical than Olive.

What connects you to Zaitun?
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by enemyofprogress: 10:06am On May 10, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
wit this your miserable English it's so saddening that awo free education no reach you before he died by drinking rat poison and committed suicide.
Useless afonja
e pain am o. Come let me buy you roll on make you smell good small grin grin tongue
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Zaitoon: 10:11am On May 10, 2017
Elkay3:

I'm just kidding, the Zaitoon is better. It's more musical than Olive.

What connects you to Zaitun?
maybe because I love olive oil cheesy

1 Like

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Elkay3: 10:35am On May 10, 2017
Zaitoon:
maybe because I love olive oil cheesy

First when I quoted this, something crossed my mind. I deleted it and went back to see all your post.

And guess what...
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by LegendsCoded(m): 10:54am On May 10, 2017
enigmaticlion:
where's the proof that he took rat poison

“When he was questioned he lied that the National Security Organization now State Security Services had visited his house to check on him and in the process took the tape in question but” Awoists” knew that this was a very weak argument as he did not inform their political group of this development before their enquiry on the subject
“That was how Senator Abraham Adesanya assumed the leadership of the Awolowo camp of Yoruba politics after the demise of the man ,he was not even so close to Awolowo during his lifetime like Chief Jakande and that was why many called him Baba Kekere on account of this cosy relationship
“Before he gave up the ghost , he said his prayers and then took the poison which killed him almost immediately but the public was not fully aware as they were given a different account of what happened.
“We were simply told that he died while he was brushing his teeth in his bathroom at his Park Lane,Apapa residence here in Lagos

--Source
--http://247ureports.com/2012/10/29/how-awolowo-committed-suicide-by-abdulmumini-adeku/
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by SirShymexx: 11:16am On May 10, 2017
This thread reminds me of the video of DJ Funk Flex crying last week while trying to shyt on the legend of 2pac by claiming the GOAT lied and caused the death of Brooklyn's Jesus and the East Coast. That nyggah got emotional like a biitch and started crying based on fiction while trying to throw dirt at the GOAT who died decades ago lol. A 50-year old biitch arse beta male acting feminine lol. And that's what a lot of you Igbos on this forum look like lol.

Some of you need to get off the internet and meet real people lol. I think a lot of you need to realise that out there, it's about individuals - not community. And I doubt the average Igbo guy out there cares if you're Igbo or an alien...the only thing the average person subconsciously cares about is what you've offer, not community. Most of you're going to remain broke and depressed crying about Awolowo not liking Igbos, when the average man out there neither cares nor gives half a fvck if you're Igbo or not.

Better go make some money and stop crying about a man who died time ago and left a legacy for his disciples. Else your arse is going to die wretched lol.

2 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by enigmaticlion: 11:18am On May 10, 2017
LegendsCoded:

“When he was questioned he lied that the National Security Organization now State Security Services had visited his house to check on him and in the process took the tape in question but” Awoists” knew that this was a very weak argument as he did not inform their political group of this development before their enquiry on the subject
“That was how Senator Abraham Adesanya assumed the leadership of the Awolowo camp of Yoruba politics after the demise of the man ,he was not even so close to Awolowo during his lifetime like Chief Jakande and that was why many called him Baba Kekere on account of this cosy relationship
“Before he gave up the ghost , he said his prayers and then took the poison which killed him almost immediately but the public was not fully aware as they were given a different account of what happened.
“We were simply told that he died while he was brushing his teeth in his bathroom at his Park Lane,Apapa residence here in Lagos

--Source
--http://247ureports.com/2012/10/29/how-awolowo-committed-suicide-by-abdulmumini-adeku/
this is someone write-up which cannot be independently confirmed as fact. Anyone can write something about you, does it mean it's true if you're lied against on social media or newspapers
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Zaitoon: 11:25am On May 10, 2017
Elkay3:

First when I quoted this, something crossed my mind. I deleted it and went back to see all your post.

And guess what...
haha what shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by pocohantas(f): 11:31am On May 10, 2017
Funnicator:

poco hantas let's make love.
No angry
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Ruthnzenwa: 11:32am On May 10, 2017
SirShymexx:
This thread is reminiscent of how East Coast and New York nyggahs can't stop moaning/crying about the ultimate arse whooping 2pac gave them years ago, decades after his death lol. He single handedly smacked a whole region and they haven't been the same since then.

Awolowo also single handedly smacked a whole region and they're still crying decades after his death lol.

That's what greatness is all about. West west y'all... West Coast, we steady mobbing lool.
I swear. Look how Pathetic Funk Master Flex is!

Rest in Power to the great one.
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by abimbolayekeen: 12:26pm On May 10, 2017
Fiyinfoluwa20:
Rest on Chief Awo.
A Scholar!
RIP

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Osinbajo In Group Photo With World Leaders At G7 Summit / Bukola Saraki Yet To Speak With Iyiola Omisore-Dele Momodu / APC Can’t Field Candidates For Zamfara, INEC Insists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.