Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,908 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon (27659 Views)

Nnamdi Azikiwe & Obafemi Awolowo And Their Cars (Photos) / Prayer Session In Remembrance Of Abubakar Olusola Saraki (Photos) / Joel Savage: Driving Obafemi Awolowo Through The Principal Streets Of Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by samkay3g(m): 8:19pm On May 09, 2017
Rip Awo

2 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by enemyofprogress: 8:19pm On May 09, 2017
Adiola:
I don't like this man
who cares? He doesn't even know you exist, not with this you very strong mouth and body odours

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by hakhin2(m): 8:19pm On May 09, 2017
The best president Nigeria never had

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Opakan2: 8:19pm On May 09, 2017
The man that conquered odumegwu omo ojukwu..

The bald headed spoilt brat wanted to control his betters..

Rest on pa Awo

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by brenister10: 8:19pm On May 09, 2017
Mynd42:
The guy even looks confused. In his mind he's like: Ewedu and otapiapia which one even tastes better? cheesy

Rot in hell.

Uhhhh, do you know where you sef go end up your life? Perhaps, he might welcome you to hell

4 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Ndiofe: 8:19pm On May 09, 2017
The Baba of Otapiapia.

He will forever be remembered for his zeal in taking rat poison.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 09, 2017
Ipob will say Rata...

3 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by enigmaticlion: 8:20pm On May 09, 2017
rozayx5:
cool cool

he tried for the SW

in terms of education

aside that. the country he fought to keep together is a disaster , rat poison did the job well

rest in pieces cool
where's the proof that he took rat poison

6 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Zaitoon: 8:20pm On May 09, 2017
So many hate filled posts on this thread.
So sad some people wear bitterness like a badge of honour sad

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Adebowale89(m): 8:21pm On May 09, 2017
raker300:
Oh, you mean the rat poison man?

better and far recognise than the coward. if ojukwu didn't ran that period, who knows his death would have actualize the myth called Biafra

someone who cannot die for his course, is that one a hero?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by calberian: 8:21pm On May 09, 2017
Oso ndi, owe ndi
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by enigmaticlion: 8:21pm On May 09, 2017
Ndiofe:
The Baba of Otapiapia.
where the proof that he died from rat poisoning

3 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by introvertedsoul: 8:22pm On May 09, 2017

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by enigmaticlion: 8:22pm On May 09, 2017
raker300:
wasted with #5 poison...that's just sad
where the proof that he died from rat poisoning

2 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 09, 2017
Igboesika:
Rip, but how did he die, I mean what's the cause of his death ?, no offence pls, just asking .
I heard say na ota pia pia him consume

3 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:23pm On May 09, 2017
VictorVELOCITY:
I remembered him for only been on a #500 note grin
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Awolowo #500 note ke shocked shocked #WhatAFuckery

I can bet my left ball in my scrotum that you can't sing Nigeria's national anthem..

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:23pm On May 09, 2017

Awo's finest moment

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Businessideas: 8:24pm On May 09, 2017
The one from whose household Nigeria returned to for redemption.Osibanjo , Nigeria's Acting President is from his household while all those who spoke Ill of him died violently and he died in his sleep,ripe age even years after marking the biblical three scores and ten years.
Till date,his detractors and their descendants remain in obscurity and political nonentities

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Bridget95(f): 8:25pm On May 09, 2017
veraponpo:

The man that did, in 8 years, what the colonialists could not do in more than 40 years.

He brought civilization to Nigeria through television station, first in Africa.

Free and compulsory elementary education to the old Western and Mid-west Regions

He opened housing and industrial Estates from Ikeja to Ibadan

He ended the civil war through wisdom.
awolowo the first zoogerian to commit suiciide by rat poison.

13 Likes

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by kolaaderin: 8:25pm On May 09, 2017
VictorVELOCITY:
And you are even wrong about that. Not 500 but 100 Note.

Back to the topic. I remember him in history as the greatest politician of all time in Nigeria. He is the real founding father of modern Nigeria whose achievements can still be felt by the Yoruba's for more than 4 decades.
Little you wonder why all Yoruba politicians wanna be associated with him.
REST ON THE GREAT SAGE PA OBAFEMI AWOLOWO.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by WetSmoke: 8:26pm On May 09, 2017
VictorVELOCITY:
Ayam not understanding angry
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by iceboy4752(m): 8:26pm On May 09, 2017
Appearing on the 100 Naira note! grin
Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by Adebowale89(m): 8:27pm On May 09, 2017
awolowo the man who has a good heart, very ambitious leader

you lay a good foundation in which I benefitted.

is it the free education foundation u laid down I want to say? or the recognition of southwestern region having the numerous educated people in all over Nigeria I will talk about? or the foundation of entertainment through the first broadcasting television service in Nigeria you laid

your theory on democracy is still lingering my memory. your social & political personality & recognition is too obvious to deny

you're a hero who die for his course, even adekunle fajuyi did the same. I'm happy Yoruba are brave and not surrounded with clown who disguise and make excuse which made their struggle look like a mere joke

rest on the legend

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 30 Years Remembrance Of Obafemi Awolowo, An Icon by PlayerMeji: 8:27pm On May 09, 2017
Obafemi Awolowo would always be remembered by every Nigerian in one way or the other. He was like Steve Jobs, a man of many parts.

A visionary and a selfless leader. He was more Pro-Western Region than every other Nigerian of his time and I think it was due to the tides of the politics of that era. He wanted the best for his people and wouldnt stop at anything.

Had he lived in the era where people worshipped people as 'gods', I am sure we, especially Yoruba people, would have been praying to Awolowo by now. In the name of Awolowo, receive vision!

But overall, he is my hero.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Kankara Schoolboys: Ransom Was Paid To Secure Our Release / Wike’s Camp Fumes, Warns PDP As Atiku Picks Okowa Running Mate / Kanu: IPOB Declares Tuesday Sit-At-Home In South-East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.