Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,301 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. (56649 Views)

Governors, Senators And Emirs Jostle For Hanan Buhari's Hand / Obasanjo: Buhari’s Hand Too Weak To Sign African Free Trade Agreement / SGF Suspension: How Threat To Withhold $1:2bn EU Aid Forced Buhari's Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by BeardedMeat(m): 8:20pm On May 09, 2017
VirginFinder:
The yEasterners are a bunch of pathetic loooonatics, I swear.

Making an issue of absolutely no issue!!
APC is in disarray, dog eat dog, papa chop picking, while you are here holding on to straws while Tinubu strategizes on how to break away soon! Your mumu don do.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by aribisala0(m): 8:21pm On May 09, 2017
Nbote:

Nooo, "The Presidency" have always been in charge so dey'll sign it.. I mean d real "Presidency", d ones dat are playing poker with PMB's health and office
Somebody's signature has to go on the budget. Whose will it be?
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by amakenny: 8:26pm On May 09, 2017
Gerrying out of here.

TO Return when Afonja starts another sort of NADECO.

Na today e begin?
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by iswallker(m): 8:35pm On May 09, 2017
twilliamx:
English wahala. is the president no the coordinator of the government. abi until he write act. nawa. People trying to create a storm in a tea cup

President is no coordinator....he is the commander-in-chief...

Theres a difference...

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by kenchop: 8:36pm On May 09, 2017
Dalek:

look the oponu calling someone olodo, what is the meaning of Coordinator and in dat context is buhari the Coordinator of the government or not??

once again make I school you. buhari does not coordinate the government, he presides over the government,or heads the government or leads the government. He presides over his coordinators, who are his cabinet /ministers. you will do urself a lot of good by stop hating people from other tribes and educating urself better...

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Dalek(m): 8:42pm On May 09, 2017
kenchop:

once again make I school you. buhari does not coordinate the government, he presides over the government,or heads the government or leads the government. He presides over his coordinators, who are his cabinet /ministers. you will do urself a lot of good by stop hating people from other tribes and educating urself better...

leave story, answer question "what is the meaning of Coordinator"
y'all just like making mountains out of mole hills.
#WailLess

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 09, 2017
The significance of this letter is for the President to announce his absence and the letter clearly does this

The roles of the Vice President in the absence of the President is defined by the Nigerian constitution

How Buhari describes Osibanjo's role in his absence does not count for much really. For this moment Osibanjo is in charge, that's how it should work

Anybody who tries to spin this into anything else is wasting their time whether you belong to APC PDP APGA or whatever

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by koning: 8:48pm On May 09, 2017
I don't know why some Yoruba people here are trying to make this a tribal or ethnic issue. This is a serious matter. As a concerned Nigerian I sincerely want VP Osinbajo to have full control. I want him to be in charge.

If you read those 2 letters and don't see the difference, then you are too daft to decode a hidden message. In the first letter, the President proceeded on a vacation. He was on leave, which got extended on medical grounds. In such a situation the VP must act on his behalf. That is clear in the constitution.

On this second trip, he is not on vacation. He went for medical check up. There is no where in the letter in which he states that he will not be able, nor is incapacitated to discharge his functions. In that case, he is not obliged to hand over to anybody. As long as "The Presidency" says he is capable of discharging his functions, he can govern us from London. Nothing the VP or anybody can do about that.
That is my problem. This issue is beyond mere wailing.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by ayindejimmy(m): 8:51pm On May 09, 2017
Balkan:
he cannot be addressed again as the acting president.

The most important thing is that he sighted section 145 of the Constitution.
And that section clearly states that the VP shall act in the absence of the president.
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Nbote(m): 8:57pm On May 09, 2017
aribisala0:
Somebody's signature has to go on the budget. Whose will it be?

Whoever "The Presidency" wants it to b... If D coordinator plays ball, it will b his signature....
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Nbote(m): 9:02pm On May 09, 2017
donborg:
he is now part of the presidency as the coordinator of the presidency

Nooo, he's jus a "mere coordinator" of meetings while "The Presidency" takes all d key decisions
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by gud4dbest(m): 9:05pm On May 09, 2017
argon500:
Political propaganda.

before nko,opposition party looking for loop holes to justify 'cabal' existence.
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by farem: 9:09pm On May 09, 2017
dragonking2:
If there was no difference why did buhari change it to coordinate? Why didn't he continue with the word "act on my behalf "?

President Buhari did not fill a form. If wrote letters. Must the wordings in the two letters be the same?This is not form filling n!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by BabaO2: 9:09pm On May 09, 2017
meolaniyi:
The word acting president does not matter.
ipod digging empty hole
It matters. The body language is very clear. Buhari and his cabal were embarrassed by Osinbajo's sterling performance of last acting capacity
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by chiderao: 9:11pm On May 09, 2017
doctokwus:
D implication,call it a conspiracy theory or whatever,even if it wasn't Buhari's intention,is that any member of the cabal,ministers or appointees directly answerable to d president,can wake up one day and claim he/she is taking so and so document to the president in London or going to seek directive over sth with d president,'because Osinbajo was not explicitly made d acting president.'So they don't want to run foul of d constitution since there is still a living president,that can "rule from anywhere" '.
It's a mischievous coinage,carefully drafted by whoever,but giving those who want to exploit d situation and keep Osinbajo in check,d leeway to exploit it for their predetermined selfish aims and objectives.
All d previous occasions,Buhari has explicitly transmitted that Osinbajo wud act on his behalf,why d sudden change of d phrase,if not for mischievous purposes?
What will be will be,if Osinbajo wud become president,no mischievous coining or semantics wud stop it!
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Nellybii: 9:16pm On May 09, 2017
SillyMods:
What's the difference between"act on my behalf" and "will coordinate govt activities in my absence"?

What if he didn't make any reference to the VP but just transmit a letter saying he's going away for medical follow up? Would that mean the VP is not the person to assume his duties?

Thy hypocrisy of wailing LiePods stinks to high heavens. The same people who didn't see anything wrong in YarAdua not even sending a letter to the NASS while he was away during his sickness (which was a breach of the constitution) are same people wailing over petty issue.

What a set of confused, perpetually bitter, hate-filled low lifes!

You forgot to add inconsequential morons grin grin
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by gud4dbest(m): 9:16pm On May 09, 2017
dragonking2:
If there was no difference why did buhari change it to coordinate? Why didn't he continue with the word "act on my behalf "?

salient question!Nonetheless,constitution specifies authority in all cases.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by lawmani: 9:22pm On May 09, 2017
koning:
I don't know why some Yoruba people here are trying to make this a tribal or ethnic issue. This is a serious matter. As a concerned Nigerian I sincerely want VP Osinbajo to have full control. I want him to be in charge.

If you read those 2 letters and don't see the difference, then you are too daft to decode a hidden message. In the first letter, the President proceeded on a vacation. He was on leave, which got extended on medical grounds. In such a situation the VP must act on his behalf. That is clear in the constitution.

On this second trip, he is not on vacation. He went for medical check up. There is no where in the letter in which he states that he will not be able, nor is incapacitated to discharge his functions. In that case, he is not obliged to hand over to anybody. As long as "The Presidency" says he is capable of discharging his functions, he can govern us from London. Nothing the VP or anybody can do about that.
I hear you. Please tell me why he PMB quote section 145 subsection 1 of 1999 constitution as amended in the letter he transmitted to the N.A?
Have you read that section of the constitution and fully understood its intent?
If PMB is not on vacation as you stated then why did he write to the N.A? He could have just released a press statement announcing he is traveling to treat himself.
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by donborg(m): 9:22pm On May 09, 2017
Nbote:

Nooo, he's jus a "mere coordinator" of meetings while "The Presidency" takes all d key decisions
hmmm......this situation is worse than i thought!
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:24pm On May 09, 2017
Either 'acting on my behalf' or ' coordinate activities of government', my sincere advice to those behind this evil machination is to pray fervently for Buhari not to drop dead now. If Buhari dies,Osinbajo becomes the President of Nigeria and no Othman Dan Fodio can stop him. This is not 1993 as full dose of wahala will be given to whoever requests for it.
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Dalek(m): 9:24pm On May 09, 2017
koning:

guy this is not a yoruba matter, its common sense.
The president when going on leave and in a letter informing the NASS, according to the Constitution just needs to write to the NASS that he won't be around, so the Vp automatically becomes the acting president. he doesn't need to state in the letter dat the vp would be acting president. common sense should dictate that in the absence of the president the Vp is next in line.
besides check the presidency Twitter account, PYO was referred to as the acting president in a post earlier Today. why pple are making this an issue is annoying
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by godunia(m): 9:25pm On May 09, 2017
The word coordinating is not found in section 145 of the constitution referred to. According to that reference, Osibanjo is the Acting President. In his first letter, he didn't make any reference but in the second he did perhaps in anticipation that he might be staying away for long or in case of eventuality.
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Nbote(m): 9:34pm On May 09, 2017
donborg:
hmmm......this situation is worse than i thought!

Na so we see am... D more we look d less we see...
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by nextstep(m): 9:34pm On May 09, 2017
Balkan:
can Osibanjo be addressed as Acting president?

Yes. The Constitution confers the title on him, once the President notifies of his vacation.
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by nextstep(m): 9:37pm On May 09, 2017
Funny how the Constitution does not state that he must write a letter... just that if he does, VP becomes AP.
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Basic123: 9:39pm On May 09, 2017
meolaniyi:
The word acting president does not matter.
ipod digging empty hole
coordinating is even stronger to me than acting.
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by ndcide(m): 9:44pm On May 09, 2017
Well, if you like call us Ipod or wailers, no problem. We are just showing concern for Osinbajo.

In the corridors of power funny things happens.

By the time they start disobeying osinbajo and fighting him, we will not join you to open threads up and down.
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Kiakia(m): 9:50pm On May 09, 2017
Balkan:
he cannot be addressed again as the acting president.
That's obviously the implication. The Press will address him as 'Co-ordinator of Government activities, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo' while reporting his itinerary.
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by VitaminB12(m): 9:58pm On May 09, 2017
cashmyles:

where is your sense of reasoning? are you telling me the senate president or any of the unknown cabal with take control or be in charge at the absence of the president?.
My friend keep kwayet. You don't know how things are run in the corridors of power in Aso rock. Don't you know Cabal run things behind closed doors? Or are you well informed much better than Aisha the first lady who cried out against the activities of these cabal who have hijacked the govt?
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by alagba333(m): 9:58pm On May 09, 2017
There is a big difference in steppin in to act and To be named coordinator
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Kiakia(m): 10:01pm On May 09, 2017
Jacksparr0w127:
Mere commissioner now mere coordinator grin grin grin
Chai! Osinbajo don suffer. Imagine? A whole Professor of law now a mere co-ordinator of government activities! Na wa oo.
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by meshinoye(m): 10:02pm On May 09, 2017
In today's NTA 9pm news, the VP was refers to as Acting President! Ignorance is not an excuse in the court of law.
Before u know it, Osinbajo will sign budget to law.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Sacks NEMA DG, Maihaja, Appoints AVM Muhammed As Replacement / Omojuwa Called Jonathan A Disaster, And Got This Reply / INEC Annuls Binani’s Declaration As Adamawa Governor-elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.