Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. (56647 Views)

Governors, Senators And Emirs Jostle For Hanan Buhari's Hand / Obasanjo: Buhari’s Hand Too Weak To Sign African Free Trade Agreement / SGF Suspension: How Threat To Withhold $1:2bn EU Aid Forced Buhari's Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by verygudbadguy(m): 7:34pm On May 09, 2017
Police dey come, Army dey come, Confusion everywhere... Eyah!

Dem leave sorrow, tears and blood. Dem regular trade mark

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Unimaginable123: 7:35pm On May 09, 2017
tbaba1234:
People just make fuss over nothing... It is utterly ridiculous...

Osinbajo is the acting president and will be addressed as such.
I tire o.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:35pm On May 09, 2017
The cabals are behind this. There's nothing like coordinating president in our constitution.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by macaranta(m): 7:35pm On May 09, 2017
Okay... We now have a presidential coordinator.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Unimaginable123: 7:37pm On May 09, 2017
Balkan:
can Osibanjo be addressed as Acting president?
yes naa. He is the Acting President.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by etchenwafor: 7:37pm On May 09, 2017
SillyMods:
What's the difference between"act on my behalf" and "will coordinate govt activities in my absence"?

What if he didn't make any reference to the VP but just transmit a letter saying he's going away for medical follow up? Would that mean the VP is not the person to assume his duties?

Thy hypocrisy of wailing LiePods stinks to high heavens. The same people who didn't see anything wrong in YarAdua not even sending a letter to the NASS while he was away during his sickness (which was a breach of the constitution) are same people wailing over petty issue.

What a set of confused, perpetually bitter, hate-filled low lifes!

Cc:mynd44,seun
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by aribisala0(m): 7:37pm On May 09, 2017
The fact is only the president or acting president can sign a budget. If he does not have the authority and signs the budget I think is invalid

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by BornAgainMay: 7:37pm On May 09, 2017
grin

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by etchenwafor: 7:38pm On May 09, 2017
meolaniyi:
The word acting president does not matter.
ipod digging empty hole
Cc:mynd44, seun
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by etchenwafor: 7:38pm On May 09, 2017
SillyMods:
What's the difference between"act on my behalf" and "will coordinate govt activities in my absence"?

What if he didn't make any reference to the VP but just transmit a letter saying he's going away for medical follow up? Would that mean the VP is not the person to assume his duties?

Thy hypocrisy of wailing LiePods stinks to high heavens. The same people who didn't see anything wrong in YarAdua not even sending a letter to the NASS while he was away during his sickness (which was a breach of the constitution) are same people wailing over petty issue.

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Unimaginable123: 7:39pm On May 09, 2017
twilliamx:
English wahala. is the president no the coordinator of the government. abi until he write act. nawa. People trying to create a storm in a tea cup
I tell u, I'm tired of this whole nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by cbrass(m): 7:39pm On May 09, 2017
This op is a low life ipod angry
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by LordVoldemort(m): 7:39pm On May 09, 2017
dragonking2:
If there was no difference why did buhari change it to coordinate? Why didn't he continue with the word "act on my behalf "?

Maybe u should go and read section 145(1) of the constitution which he made reference to
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by shacxy(f): 7:39pm On May 09, 2017
My own be say make Nigeria better weda him travel ooo or him dey abeg everything should return normal, all those prices of commodities biko.
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by VirginFinder: 7:40pm On May 09, 2017
The yEasterners are a bunch of pathetic loooonatics, I swear.

Making an issue of absolutely no issue!!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by cbrass(m): 7:40pm On May 09, 2017
etchenwafor:

What do you want them to come and do angry
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Unimaginable123: 7:41pm On May 09, 2017
FromZeroToHero:
The cabals are behind this. There's nothing like coordinating president in our constitution.
the letter didn't say he he's coordinating president. Just that he wil coordinate the activities of the government. So, he's invariably the Acting President

4 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Unimaginable123: 7:42pm On May 09, 2017
VirginFinder:
The yEasterners are a bunch of pathetic loooonatics, I swear.

Making an issue of absolutely no issue!!
please learn to be civil.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by ayobamiakinrind(m): 7:43pm On May 09, 2017
tbaba1234:
People just make fuss over nothing... It is utterly ridiculous...

Osinbajo is the acting president and will be addressed as such.

By the time he's not addressed as such, I'll mention you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Drabrah(m): 7:43pm On May 09, 2017
Obviously this 2nd letter is "Cabal-influenced"

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by brenister10: 7:44pm On May 09, 2017
Oversabi dey worry most people. "Coordinate" /"act on my behalf ". Is buhari not the coordinator of the government? So why reading another poo meaning to the letter sent to Osinbajo. Fallacy of hasty generalisation or perhaps oversabi dey worry all of una.

Nigeria will have been better of if majority of all these negative thinkers could come out with something great out of the deepest point of their minds that will bring the country out of the woods not conspiracy theories all the time.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by VirginFinder: 7:44pm On May 09, 2017
aribisala0:
The fact is only the president or acting president can sign a budget. If he does not have the authority and signs the budget I think is invalid

So you can join issues with those senseless folks/yEasterners after Ahmed Lawan stated this clearly during the senate sitting:

He was however ruled out of order by Mr. Saraki, after the Senate Leader, Ahmed Lawan, defended Mr. Buhari, citing Section 145 of the 1999 Constitution.

That section says, “Whenever the President transmits to the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives a written declaration that he is proceeding on vacation or that he is otherwise unable to discharge the functions of his office, until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary such functions shall be discharged by the Vice-President as Acting President.”

I am disappointed in you sir. angry

3 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by pchukwudi: 7:46pm On May 09, 2017
Really? sad

I guess I have seen it all.

seunmsg:
You people are just desperately trying to create a problem where non exist.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by PeaceGord: 7:46pm On May 09, 2017
SillyMods:

It's actually low lives.

And it's actually your ignorance and illiteracy that stinks to high heavens!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Zaitoon: 7:47pm On May 09, 2017
It sucks to be a wailer always looking for negativity when there is none undecided
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Bekimbo(m): 7:48pm On May 09, 2017
This means that the cabals are still in charge
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by Evezi: 7:50pm On May 09, 2017
I would have loved to see the scanned copy of the second letter. I am sure he is too sick to have signed it. Anyway, I wish him well!!!
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by tbaba1234: 7:50pm On May 09, 2017
ayobamiakinrind:

By the time he's not addressed as such, I'll mention you.

There is no difference between the first and second letter.
Re: Buhari's Hand Over Letter In February Vs Buhari's Hand Over Letter In May. by PDPGuy: 7:50pm On May 09, 2017
Much ado over nothing because the official twitter handle of the Presidency now refers to Osinbajo as the Acting President.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

El-Zakzaky: 'I Lived Next To The Senate President & Never In Detention' / Wike: I Have Great Respect For Tinubu But His Comment On Edo Crisis Shocked Me / Buhari Sacks NEMA DG, Maihaja, Appoints AVM Muhammed As Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.