Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) (57302 Views)

Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos / Nigerian Man Brutalised By Bouncer In China After Getting Drunk In A Bar. Photos / Army Intercepts 92 Armed Herdsmen At Check Pionts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by tyokunbo(m): 5:09pm On May 09, 2017
Source: http://towncrieronline.net/2017/05/09/lecturer-brutalised-by-soldiers-for-answering-a-phone-call-at-check-point/

As shared by a Facebook user, Victor …

Maybe you are wondering if he is a bokoharam terrorist undergoing punishment. No my brother he is not. This is an innocent Father and husband who did nothing wrong but to answer just a phone call at army checkpoint. The lecturer as I later found out simply ask the soldiers who ask him to submit his handset and go just because he was seen answering call inside the vehicle to show him where its warned that no one should answer call here. He was tortured, strip and our vehicle was ordered to go leaving the victim behind….

My take…. Am not a security expert, maybe that is why i don’t know why there are army checkpoints at almost every kilometer in the south east area of this country? What is happening? Why are people of south east being subjected to military brutality of all sort. What is wrong In answering calls inside a moving vehicle. Have u been to Abia state recently to see how soldiers has suddenly turn to relationships Messiahs. Any little misunderstanding between two lovers, soldiers will storm in and beat the hell out of the guy. Of course we know how bags of rice of Igbos returning for Xmas were seized last year December and justice were not in sight.

Me and other concerned compatriots had in so many media platforms decried the unnecessary extortion of motorist from these same soldiers on checkpoints in south east. If there is anywhere that multiple checkpoint is needed in Nigeria it should be at the North where there is serious security challenges.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 09, 2017
@op,were you there?This pics was posted here 4 days ago you now go and copy from someone else and paste here.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by MysteriousAnn(f): 5:26pm On May 09, 2017
These Soldiers are taking out Boko Haram frustration on citizens.

8 Likes

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Shelloween(m): 6:32pm On May 09, 2017
This is someone's dad. Nigerian soldiers and their brutality. Government should do something about these inhumane acts. Carnibals!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by arithcom(m): 7:16pm On May 09, 2017
I will like to 1st condemn the beating or disgracing of an innocent responsible citizen yet I would like us to look at the case in another angle. If you listen to the soldier's side story, you may not totally blame them. Think of their Counterterrorist training, risks they take being on highway, harsh weather condition and all. What the lecturer should have done was to submit the phone and beg seriously then sincerely apologize if the phone is released. I witnessed one scene on abuja keffi road; a woman was receiving a call too, when the solider asked her to come down and submit the phone, she knelt down and started begging that she didn't know the rule. everyone there with the soldiers just laughed and they just asked the woman to joined us in the bus with her phone. Being humble at times can save one from danger even from an arm robber let alone a sane soldier.

113 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:19pm On May 09, 2017
arithcom:
I will like to 1st condemn the beating or disgracing of an innocent responsible citizen yet I would like us to look at the case in another angle. If you listen to the soldier's side story, you may not totally blame them. Think of their Counterterrorist training, risks they take being on highway, harsh weather condition and all. What the lecturer should have done was to submit the phone and beg seriously then sincerely apologize if the phone is released. I witnessed one scene on abuja keffi road; a woman was receiving a call too, when the solider asked her to come down and submit the phone, she knelt down and started begging that she didn't know the rule. everyone there with the soldiers just laughed and they just asked the woman to joined us in the bus with her phone. Being humble at times can save one from danger even from an arm robber let alone a sane soldier.

With all due respect, I do not see any sense in your post.
stupid bastard psychopaths in uniform brutalizing civilians and you are defending them.
so a lecturer should kneel and beg a primary six corporal or private when he has done nothing wrong
Who made the rule about phone calls ? where? when?
counterinsurgency training involves beating civilians ? Nigerians especially in the south are too docile. Try to practice this kind of "counterinsurgency training" in the middle east or USA or any country with a well armed citizenry.
Personally, I feel the guy has options. He should explore them if he is truly a man.

Nigeria is a rubbish zoo country without a direction or leadership

305 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by akraym(m): 7:46pm On May 09, 2017
This soldiers sef

Wait is that not his baba beji am seeing so

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Sunnycliff(m): 7:46pm On May 09, 2017
And we crucify, Nnamdi Kalu for calling here a zoo!

50 Likes

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Decapo: 7:46pm On May 09, 2017
Animals

6 Likes

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by CagedSoul: 7:47pm On May 09, 2017
Lol not justifying anything though. But why the man sef want de form mr I-know-my-rights for soljo.. Soljo for that matter undecided humble urself and end the story. Yet he was asking the soljos to show him where they put a warning not to receive a call at the checkpoint. Infact na him know..

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 09, 2017
lol
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Mcowubaba: 7:47pm On May 09, 2017
As usual the Army Public Relations officer will say the are not NIGERIAN SOLIDERS or the are FAKE SOLIDERS.

If person talk say Nigeria n'a Zoo, some people go vex grin grin
But actually this things can only happen in a ZOO

Secondly I heard there are more military checkpoints in the Southeast Region than Northeast grin grin

Who una dey deceive, Boko Haram dey South East grin lipsrsealed

Chibok girls number go soon complete, nobody to use do propaganda again grin, unless Buhari go arrange another kidnapping cheesy grin cheesy

What are SOLIDERS doing on South East roads, blocking everywhere and causing trouble

Are the looking for Buhari's good health or missing certificate

36 Likes

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 09, 2017
imagine o, this picture abeg na who take am?
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by gift01: 7:47pm On May 09, 2017
I don't believe the story most especially the pics. Are you telling me Soldiers will let you comfortably take this shot except you are one of them

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by SlimHan(f): 7:48pm On May 09, 2017
Happened to me in 2015. i received a call at a check point at Ekiti only for the soldier to command that the driver should drop me off the car.mehn i was so scared,everyone in the car started begging on my behalf but all pleas fell on deaf ear. I came out of the car and was joking with him instead of begging. he was taken aback and told me to go but never try that again.
other passengers were like "you are so lucky o cos so many people have been punished for the same reason"

4 Likes

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by chiefolododo(m): 7:48pm On May 09, 2017
Obama weeps

4 Likes

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by martyns303(m): 7:48pm On May 09, 2017
Lately the Nigerian army have been acting too lawless, first they held a deputy governor against his will (kidnapp) and threatened to shoot him. And now a lecturer.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Sammypope4all(m): 7:49pm On May 09, 2017
OP, I think you should first realize that you are a Nigerian, as we all are, before being emotional about the brutality thing. I graduated from unibuja and this things happen almost everyday( not beating of lecturer though) we all condemn it so don't ascribe the animality characteristics of Nigerian soldiers to "ndi Igbo".

Naija soldier sef no sabi him mama; that's how bleeped up they are

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by laplace13: 7:49pm On May 09, 2017
The pics looks photoshoped though.

4 Likes

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by kulikuli45: 7:49pm On May 09, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by LadyAimy: 7:49pm On May 09, 2017
Wicked
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by ganie(m): 7:49pm On May 09, 2017
[quote author=IamaNigerianGuy post=56363690many words but all I can deduce is hatred for the country. Ipob yoot?

With all due respect, I do not see any sense in your post.
stupid bastard psychopaths in uniform brutalizing civilians and you are defending them.
so a lecturer should kneel and beg a primary six corporal or private.
Who made the rule about phone calls ? where? when?
counterinsurgency training involves beating civilians ? Nigerians especially in the south are too docile. Try to practice this kind of "counterinsurgency training" in the middle east or USA or any country with a well armed citizenry.
Personally, I feel the guy has options. He should explore them if he is truly a man.

Nigeria is a rubbish zoo country without a direction or leadership[/quote]

3 Likes

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by akinvest(m): 7:49pm On May 09, 2017
Never answer or make call @ d soldiers check points especially in d northern roads.

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Trapnews: 7:50pm On May 09, 2017
Interesting shocked
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by neocortex: 7:50pm On May 09, 2017
While I condemn the activity of the soldiers as they are usually uncultured and ruthless
when dealing with civilians,
the attached picture is likely a Photoshop-inspired propaganda.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by madgoat(m): 7:50pm On May 09, 2017
Mad soldiers

5 Likes

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by ibroh22(m): 7:50pm On May 09, 2017
it's true,i have been to abia state Nd there are too many military checkpoint,not only on federal road self,anytime I am making call Nd I reach the military checkpoint,i end the Nd pass,den I call the person back after I have walked miles away from the checkpoint,,TBH,average Nigerians dies not know,u r not to make or receive call at military checkpoint

2 Likes

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by brixton: 7:50pm On May 09, 2017
And so many fools keep shouting one Nigeria, even when some people think and reason like cows. How can you do this to a human just because you have the power of a gun in you?

I am fully in support of sharing the country so we can live in small civil countries where each region will reason alike...

14 Likes

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by mexxmoney: 7:50pm On May 09, 2017
Useless country!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by whizpa(m): 7:50pm On May 09, 2017
This is wrong on all levels. If they treat a man this way. I wonder how they'll treat animals.

6 Likes

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by superior494(m): 7:51pm On May 09, 2017
tɦis is sɛʀiօʊs օ, աɦat is tɦis ċօʊռtʀʏ ʀɛaʟʟʏ ɮɛċօʍiռɢ?

I ɖօռt sɛɛʍ tօ ʊռɖɛʀstaռɖ aռʏʍօʀɛ

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Raped By A Friend She Visited, Cries Out. Photo / 'We Will Rape Omah Lay If We Catch Him' - Nigerian Slay Queens Threaten / Father 62, And Son Arrested For Gang-Rape, Impregnating Daughter (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.