Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) (57321 Views)

Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos / Nigerian Man Brutalised By Bouncer In China After Getting Drunk In A Bar. Photos / Army Intercepts 92 Armed Herdsmen At Check Pionts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by enemyofprogress: 7:51pm On May 09, 2017
Is that not the man's preek I am seeing so? Him thing no even big
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by bishop4life(m): 7:52pm On May 09, 2017
Tomorrow it might be me or you, your father or mother,sister or brother,uncle or auntie, padie, bobo or sisi...

SAY NO TO AUTOCRACY IN DEMOCRACY.

I think all persons incharge of training Nigerian military officers should be docked and questioned.

2 Likes

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Nellybank(m): 7:52pm On May 09, 2017
What do you expect from a lawless country ruled by a ... ....?

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 09, 2017
arithcom:
I will like to 1st condemn the beating or disgracing of an innocent responsible citizen yet I would like us to look at the case in another angle. If you listen to the soldier's side story, you may not totally blame them. Think of their Counterterrorist training, risks they take being on highway, harsh weather condition and all. What the lecturer should have done was to submit the phone and beg seriously then sincerely apologize if the phone is released. I witnessed one scene on abuja keffi road; a woman was receiving a call too, when the solider asked her to come down and submit the phone, she knelt down and started begging that she didn't know the rule. everyone there with the soldiers just laughed and they just asked the woman to joined us in the bus with her phone. Being humble at times can save one from danger even from an arm robber let alone a sane soldier.

Soldiers don't have the constitutional right or power to treat any civilian in that manner. The worst they should have done was to detain him for a brief moment and check his phone to see if his call constituted a security threat. If it didn't they will apologise for any inconvenience they may have caused him and tell him not to receive calls at check points anymore.

It's all the more annoying and painful because these same soldiers will carry hand bags for politicians and their mistresses and even get slapped or shouted at by these politicians. The worst they would do is grumble behind their backs. But when it comes to regular citizens they start flexing muscles that no one wants to see.

I don't mean to insult you but it's people with a mentality like yours that allow these uniformed idiots get away with a lot of horsecrap.

10 Likes

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by iceboy4752(m): 7:52pm On May 09, 2017
Gosh! Soldiers can be annoying at times.
Na so them beat one old papa way fit born all of them for checkpoint. They like showing that they can beat people. The FG should just deploy such people to Sambisa Forest so that they will beat the hell out of Boko Haram.

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by maxiuc(m): 7:52pm On May 09, 2017
Tired of this country

Am really tired of this country

Make I go Malay go carry dru. Make I just keep quiet
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 09, 2017
Nigerian military is a disgrace to this noble profession especially the NA. What's this nonsense

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by iceboy4752(m): 7:52pm On May 09, 2017
Gosh! Soldiers can be annoying at times.
Na so them beat one old papa way fit born all of them for checkpoint. They like showing that they can beat people. The FG should just deploy such soldiers to Sambisa Forest so that they will beat the hell out of Boko Haram till they surrender.
angry

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by aisammy4: 7:53pm On May 09, 2017
Sorry to say this ' I don't believe this man is a lecturer'.

Someone just saw this picture and want to use it to get attention.

It's only criminal that can be treated this harsh. Military men are trained to be disciplined and there is no way a person be punished this for just making call. Unless there is an exception
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Eddygourdo(m): 7:53pm On May 09, 2017
don't blame them. it's the guerilla warfare they face on a daily basis that brought about that rule. but to subject an academic to such humiliation that even his penisss is showing is a big shame.

to prevent stories that touch, I have personally learnt to avoid mad people. especially the mad people wearing various uniforms in this country

2 Likes

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by sirjeff18(m): 7:55pm On May 09, 2017
How come this man leg no touch ground this pic na fake abeg
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by blezdBen: 7:57pm On May 09, 2017
[quote author=tyokunbo post=56359938]Source: http://towncrieronline.net/2017/05/09/lecturer-brutalised-by-soldiers-for-answering-a-phone-call-at-check-point/

As shared by a Facebook user, Victor …

Maybe you are wondering if he is a bokoharam terrorist undergoing punishment. No my brother he is not. This is an innocent Father and husband who did nothing wrong but to answer just a phone call at army checkpoint. The lecturer as I later found out simply ask the soldiers who ask him to submit his handset and go just because he was seen answering call inside the vehicle to show him where its warned that no one should answer call here. He was tortured, strip and our vehicle was ordered to go leaving the victim behind….

My take…. Am not a security expert, maybe that is why i don’t know why there are army checkpoints at almost every kilometer in the south east area of this country? What is happening? Why are people of south east being subjected to military brutality of all sort. What is wrong In answering calls inside a moving vehicle. Have u been to Abia state recently to see how soldiers has suddenly turn to relationships Messiahs. Any little misunderstanding between two lovers, soldiers will storm in and beat the hell out of the guy. Of course we know how bags of rice of Igbos returning for Xmas were seized last year December and justice were not in sight.

Me and other concerned compatriots had in so many media platforms decried the unnecessary extortion of motorist from these same soldiers on checkpoints in south east. If there is anywhere that multiple checkpoint is needed in Nigeria it should be at the North where there is serious security challenges.

[/quot
Okay
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by brenister10: 7:57pm On May 09, 2017
Sometimes, I pity them when boko boys show them pepper for up north but later when I think of the atrocities they commit against so called bloody civilians, I just think otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Emmyjazzy(m): 7:58pm On May 09, 2017
Soldiers are your friend my foot....

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 8:00pm On May 09, 2017
author=ganie post=56364632]many words but all I can deduce is hatred for the country. Ipob yoot?

If you have nothing to write go and eat your dinner. You will keep hand and mouth occupied

Is there anything to love about Nigeria ?
Perhaps you live under a rock or have never been outside the shores of this country so you do not recognize that the country is a shi.thole, an embarrassment to Africa, a disgrace to civilization, an affront to human dignity.

No light
No educational system
No healthcare
No security
Deadbeat economy
Poor housing
No roads
Police brutality
Army brutality
Political corruption
Sick President
We cannot even conduct JAMB registration

What should I love about Nigeria ?
When sane people complain you tag them IPOB youth. I am not Ibo but I see a lot of sense in the IPOB agitation

Perhaps to you Nigeria is fine But I say: BURN THIS HOUSE DOWN! and start again

7 Likes

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by vickylincon(m): 8:00pm On May 09, 2017
Sammypope4all:
OP, I think you should first realize that you are a Nigerian, as we all are, before being emotional about the brutality thing. I graduated from unibuja and this things happen almost everyday( not beating of lecturer though) we all condemn it so don't ascribe the animality characteristics of Nigerian soldiers to "ndi Igbo".

Naija soldier sef no sabi him mama; that's how bleeped up they are

i actually wanted to support him o..but when he put tribality into it. I just back off

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by drey076(m): 8:01pm On May 09, 2017
Nigeria army wicked oo
Sent as den hang the man like roasted bush meat grin
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by brenister10: 8:01pm On May 09, 2017
sirjeff18:
How come this man leg no touch ground this pic na fake abeg

Sojo never wallop you sho, Bros pray make you no enter their yawa o cos you will never remain the same again
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by higgs: 8:01pm On May 09, 2017
I can't believe that some people are defending this kind of bestiality.

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by xtivin(m): 8:01pm On May 09, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

With all due respect, I do not see any sense in your post.
stupid bastard psychopaths in uniform brutalizing civilians and you are defending them.
so a lecturer should kneel and beg a primary six corporal or private.
Who made the rule about phone calls ? where? when?
counterinsurgency training involves beating civilians ? Nigerians especially in the south are too docile. Try to practice this kind of "counterinsurgency training" in the middle east or USA or any country with a well armed citizenry.
Personally, I feel the guy has options. He should explore them if he is truly a man.

Nigeria is a rubbish zoo country without a direction or leadership
Bro it's clearly stated in the bible, submit to authorities either high or low, once you submit you are free
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Alltek(m): 8:02pm On May 09, 2017
Bros, you can lie oh...
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by supereagle(m): 8:02pm On May 09, 2017
It's too bad.
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 09, 2017
arithcom:
I will like to 1st condemn the beating or disgracing of an innocent responsible citizen yet I would like us to look at the case in another angle. If you listen to the soldier's side story, you may not totally blame them. Think of their Counterterrorist training, risks they take being on highway, harsh weather condition and all. What the lecturer should have done was to submit the phone and beg seriously then sincerely apologize if the phone is released. I witnessed one scene on abuja keffi road; a woman was receiving a call too, when the solider asked her to come down and submit the phone, she knelt down and started begging that she didn't know the rule. everyone there with the soldiers just laughed and they just asked the woman to joined us in the bus with her phone. Being humble at times can save one from danger even from an arm robber let alone a sane soldier.
Thats right pal... you have spoken well, no soldier will brutalize a humble person who has pleaded for mercy,all they need is some respect to reflect that thick line of distinction between a soldier & a civilian

2 Likes

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by wasuka14(m): 8:03pm On May 09, 2017
What most of ipob youths love doin most is to spread hatred everyday and blame God and every1 for a single problem they had. Every Nigeria who are has been travelling constantly for the pass 7yrs or so know that, its an illegal to receive cal at Army checkpoint. If a well educated lecturer was claiming ignorance of this, to me that also bring out question of how well informed he is. With the level of crime going on ccross the nation such as kidnapping, vandalizing etc i think we need presence of security all places. And ther is an adage; 'if you are in a hole stop digging' The lecturer should have humble himself and plead for mercy instantly. But ipob will always be ipob. But, our sodjers should also must not have different punishment for different offences. This is not a capital offence or terrorism.
IamaNigerianGuy:

stupid bastard psychopaths in uniform brutalizing civilians and you are defending them.
counterinsurgency training involves beating civilians ? Nigerians especially in the south are too docile. Try to practice this kind of "counterinsurgency training" in the middle east or USA or any country with a well armed citizenry.
Personally, I feel the guy has options. He should explore them if he is truly a man.

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by anyebedgreat: 8:03pm On May 09, 2017
When someone posts a tale on facebook to generate comments, you come post am here. Any rational person can sense this is false from 100ft
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by mykelly(m): 8:03pm On May 09, 2017
I don't support the brutality of the man but I want you to know there is no ignorance in law. The soldiers you are calling names have their lives on the line too
IamaNigerianGuy:

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by madridguy(m): 8:04pm On May 09, 2017
This is barbaric and uncalled for. General buratai should please call his boys to orderliness.

As for the writer, must we always put sentiments in everything? Yesterday we heard how same soldier almost killed the deputy governor of Borno state after beaten his ADC and now someone is reporting this as if the soldiers were directed to a particular tribe. The writer should visit Sango market and find out how many bags of rice were carted away by the evil men during same December.

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 09, 2017
aisammy4:
Sorry to say this ' I don't believe this man is a lecturer'.

Someone just saw this picture and want to use it to get attention.

It's only criminal that can be treated this harsh. Military men are trained to be disciplined and there is no way a person be punished this for just making call. Unless there is an exception

Some soldeirs can be very brutal. I've seen a soldier slap a trader (Front hand. Back hand) because the trader's wares fell and one hit him. Imagine the nonsense. He even went as far as "seizing" two school bags from the man's shop.

I've had a former colleague get flogged by a military man because he didn't move out of the way for him to drive through. It was clear that his vehicle couldn't start and someone was trying to help him push it but he was flogged like a thief all the same.

In Nigeria every element in a uniform with a little drop of authority is a tyrant. The only set of people I haven't seen misbehave is probably the red cross.
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by LANGIDI: 8:05pm On May 09, 2017
ARREST THE SOLDIERS. THEY ARE TAKING LAWS INTO THEIR HANDS.
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 09, 2017
oga, YOU MUST NOT ANSWER A CALL NEAR A MILITARY CHECKPOINT, UNLESS OFCOURSE U BE BOKO HARAM TRYING TO SET OFF THE BOMB IN UR CAR. in all the lecturer should have just apologised & said he was not aware of such things. He probably tried to play "am educated" card, you cant touch me. So they dealth with him
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by thunderbabs: 8:08pm On May 09, 2017
comshots:
@op,were you there?This pics was posted here 4 days ago you now go and copy from someone else and paste here.

@op that is called Bursted
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by akaahs(m): 8:08pm On May 09, 2017
This shows how illiterate and inhumane our security are. U cannot be saying security is everybody business and keep up maltreating innocent citizens. 21st security have gone past this stage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) / Man Burnt Alive In Ajah Over Land Grabbing In Lagos [Graphic Photos] / Folorunsho Alakija Duped By Her Employee And Sister (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.