Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,053 members, 7,838,659 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) (57322 Views)

Odera N.O Brutalised By Police Officers In Lagos / Nigerian Man Brutalised By Bouncer In China After Getting Drunk In A Bar. Photos / Army Intercepts 92 Armed Herdsmen At Check Pionts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by 4everGrand(m): 8:54pm On May 09, 2017
martyns303:
Lately the Nigerian army have been acting too lawless, first they held a deputy governor against his will (kidnapp) and threatened to shoot him. And now a lecturer.

Lately? Majority of military people are known to be lawless esp in Nigeria. They feel they've got absolute power, and u know it corrupts absolutely. They see emselves as hemi-semi-demi gods, its a shame...not all of them though.
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by enny09: 8:56pm On May 09, 2017
No one is safe in this country
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by CagedSoul: 9:00pm On May 09, 2017
nabiz:
my friend was not driving . it was the girl friend that was driving us while i and my friend was at the back seat
maybe ur gee's chick na soljo ex. Abeg wettin be my own now. U sit for back. Ur friend sit inside booth. Ur friend's chick drive traile. Pls how that one take concern me. Pls go face ur problem alone undecided
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by chiderao: 9:03pm On May 09, 2017
What soldiers are doing is not the only wrong thing in Nigeria.....everything is wrong in Nigeria from head to toe....frustrations everywhere but how do u avoid them..that's the point here.....
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 09, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

With all due respect, I do not see any sense in your post.
stupid bastard psychopaths in uniform brutalizing civilians and you are defending them.
so a lecturer should kneel and beg a primary six corporal or private when he has done nothing wrong
Who made the rule about phone calls ? where? when?
counterinsurgency training involves beating civilians ? Nigerians especially in the south are too docile. Try to practice this kind of "counterinsurgency training" in the middle east or USA or any country with a well armed citizenry.
Personally, I feel the guy has options. He should explore them if he is truly a man.

Nigeria is a rubbish zoo country without a direction or leadership

You called him primary six corporal right? Go and try your university degree with him if you have the confidence. Your pride is full of stupidity. Do you know what it takes for a soldier to stand on the road to protect us tge civilians and still we behave like animals by insulting them. Carry gun and go and try just an ordinary NSCDC if they will not blow your head off. Respect the soldiers.

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by TMTonpoint: 9:05pm On May 09, 2017
Smh..Photoshop
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by TopGunFighter: 9:05pm On May 09, 2017
Even in the north or any part of the country you don't answer calls at check points! Do you know who the man was speaking it or was it a call that couldn't be missed.. stop being such silly critic of great heroes.... if it was in the north I would have shot him sef
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by crackhouse(m): 9:06pm On May 09, 2017
gift01:
I don't believe the story most especially the pics. Are you telling me Soldiers will let you comfortably take this shot except you are one of them
with smart phone u can take a pic without the knowledge of people around and u can even record a video too if u have the right app. So u are very wrong.
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:08pm On May 09, 2017
fridayomali:

You called him primary six corporal right? Go and try your university degree with him if you have the confidence. Your pride is full of stupidity. Do you know what it takes for a soldier to stand on the road to protect us tge civilians and still we behave like animals by insulting them. Carry gun and go and try just an ordinary NSCDC if they will not blow your head off. Respect the soldiers.

Not everyone here is a 'bloody' civilian.
When I got admission into NDA from command sec school, the korofo was still helping his mother sell akara.
From your comment you can not even be a military man.
Is this the kind of conduct you will accept from your troops if you are an NCO or officer?
Tow the line of truth. What is bad is bad.

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Legolast: 9:10pm On May 09, 2017
@OP this photo is not really now, don't just come here n form lies for us.

Let assume it is real, as far as am concerned i blame the lecturer.
1. Everybody knows that at checkpoint you don't press phone talkless of making calls.
Soldiers don't see phone at checkpoint they will think you want to detonate bomb. The reason for that is that phone can be use as a bomb detonator,

Even if he does not know, why arguing?
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Partnerbiz(f): 9:11pm On May 09, 2017
wasuka14:
What most of ipob youths love doin most is to spread hatred everyday and blame God and every1 for a single problem they had. Every Nigeria who are has been travelling constantly for the pass 7yrs or so know that, its an illegal to receive cal at Army checkpoint. If a well educated lecturer was claiming ignorance of this, to me that also bring out question of how well informed he is. With the level of crime going on ccross the nation such as kidnapping, vandalizing etc i think we need presence of security all places. And ther is an adage; 'if you are in a hole stop digging' The lecturer should have humble himself and plead for mercy instantly. But ipob will always be ipob. But, our sodjers should also must not have different punishment for different offences. This is not a capital offence or terrorism.
You are very daft. Which rule or law says that calls shouldn't be made at check points and what security threats are calls made at check points?
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Partnerbiz(f): 9:12pm On May 09, 2017
Jiang:
oga, YOU MUST NOT ANSWER A CALL NEAR A MILITARY CHECKPOINT, UNLESS OFCOURSE U BE BOKO HARAM TRYING TO SET OFF THE BOMB IN UR CAR. in all the lecturer should have just apologised & said he was not aware of such things. He probably tried to play "am educated" card, you cant touch me. So they dealth with him
Under which law or rule or you want to exhibit your daftness
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by hedonistic: 9:14pm On May 09, 2017
arithcom:
I will like to 1st condemn the beating or disgracing of an innocent responsible citizen yet I would like us to look at the case in another angle. If you listen to the soldier's side story, you may not totally blame them. Think of their Counterterrorist training, risks they take being on highway, harsh weather condition and all. What the lecturer should have done was to submit the phone and beg seriously then sincerely apologize if the phone is released. I witnessed one scene on abuja keffi road; a woman was receiving a call too, when the solider asked her to come down and submit the phone, she knelt down and started begging that she didn't know the rule. everyone there with the soldiers just laughed and they just asked the woman to joined us in the bus with her phone. Being humble at times can save one from danger even from an arm robber let alone a sane soldier.

You're very stupid, and I declare that your generations unborn would be cursed with stupidity. So appeasing the egos of some senseless bastards in uniform is now the norm, according to your warped logic?

I regret being born Nigerian. It is humiliating to me that I have to share the same nationality with inglorious bastards like you.

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by othman11(m): 9:15pm On May 09, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Not everyone here is a 'bloody' civilian. When I got admission into NDA from command sec school, the korofo was still helping his mother sell akara.
From your comment you may be a military man.
Is this the kind of conduct you will accept from your troops?
Tow the line of truth. What is bad is bad.
. Oboi, This lie made me had Headache in my stomach
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by skedy1(m): 9:17pm On May 09, 2017
ibroh22:
it's true,i have been to abia state Nd there are too many military checkpoint,not only on federal road self,anytime I am making call Nd I reach the military checkpoint,i end the Nd pass,den I call the person back after I have walked miles away from the checkpoint,,TBH,average Nigerians dies not know,u r not to make or receive call at military checkpoint

Abeg, help me tel them!
They are just here shouting anyhow, army this,army that!
Some of them won't survive just 1 night outside the comfort of their bed!

Don't make or receive a call on a military check point, it's thread to them! They hate it, cos they feel u are giving out information about them...
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:17pm On May 09, 2017
othman11:
. Oboi, This lie made me had Headache in my stomach

I dont need to prove anything to you Othman11.
But FYI I got in but refused to attend
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by ayokellany: 9:17pm On May 09, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

stupid bastard psychopaths in uniform brutalizing civilians and you are defending them.
so a lecturer should kneel and beg a primary six corporal or private when he has done nothing wrong
counterinsurgency training involves beating civilians ? Nigerians especially in the south are too docile. Try to practice this kind of "counterinsurgency training" in the middle east or USA or any country with a well armed citizenry.
Personally, I feel the guy has options. He should explore them if he is truly a man.

Remba Nigeria is not USA. You need to stop the comparism. I live in the south but if you are ask to switch of your phone in the north and you disobey not taking cognisance of terrorism am not sorry and you deserve what you get. Their action might be excessive but am yet to see anyone who wont be apprehensive in the midst of people you can not tell who the next suicide bomber might be. You can try disobeying the military in Turkey Russia n Iran. Plus being a professor does not make you a beta human than the next shoemaker.
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by ipobbigot7: 9:22pm On May 09, 2017
I am not supportive of the military occupation of the South Eastern region because this not a military era and the inhuman treatment melted to the lecturer with the abuse of his human rights is totally unacceptable and the government needs to address this situation promptly.
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by BushDoctor123: 9:23pm On May 09, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

My brother, Nigeria is a very funny and lawless country. it is like that in all military check point, I will advise you dont dare answer calls at check point your self o. they will panel beat you and nothing will happen. They are mad dogs.

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by RaptorX: 9:24pm On May 09, 2017
I hate Nigerian soldiers with a passion , actually I hate all mofos that wears uniform and carry gun in Nigeria bunch of senseless beasts, they should take their guns and blow their own heads off.
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by othman11(m): 9:26pm On May 09, 2017
The lecturer sef na a fool, how can you make a call in a military checkpoint and still argue with the soldiers when he should have beg them. Am not a military man but those guys are protecting themselves. WHO KNOWS SELF WHETHER LECTURER NA BOKO HARAM MEMBER TRYING TO DETONATE A BOMB
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by bellotaofeek: 9:27pm On May 09, 2017
SlimHan:
Happened to me in 2015. i received a call at a check point at Ekiti only for the soldier to command that the driver should drop me off the car.mehn i was so scared,everyone in the car started begging on my behalf but all pleas fell on deaf ear. I came out of the car and was joking with him instead of begging. he was taken aback and told me to go but never try that again.
other passengers were like "you are so lucky o cos so many people have been punished for the same reason"

Oga you didn't mention the other side na . Regards the incantation you quickly recited before alighted from the car . Ogun Po! grin
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by SRK1(m): 9:29pm On May 09, 2017
[/b]Who else wants to make it BIG writing ebooks? [b]

Can you write extremely well? Will you like to make some COOL bucks writing ebooks? Then get in touch NOW because you can really make it big in real time.

I'm a professional writer, who needs more people to join his team.

You can make up to N50,000 or more in a week working with me. And you will get your payments in real time as I will be sending them through GTB SMS money transfer.

Now, to the requirements. It's simple. You must be able to speak English naturally and be an an EXCEPTIONAL writer. Please, you must be really good. I don't want up and coming writers. Thank you!

To start writing with me, contact at:

mavenwriter02@gmail.com

Tags: freelancing, writer, write ebook, passive income, copywriter, writing, jobs, employment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by brojoshua: 9:32pm On May 09, 2017
Corruption and foolish soldiers in a corrupt country brutalizing corrupt lecturer.
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by hedonistic: 9:34pm On May 09, 2017
wasuka14:
What most of ipob youths love doin most is to spread hatred everyday and blame God and every1 for a single problem they had. Every Nigeria who are has been travelling constantly for the pass 7yrs or so know that, its an illegal to receive cal at Army checkpoint. If a well educated lecturer was claiming ignorance of this, to me that also bring out question of how well informed he is. With the level of crime going on ccross the nation such as kidnapping, vandalizing etc i think we need presence of security all places. And ther is an adage; 'if you are in a hole stop digging' The lecturer should have humble himself and plead for mercy instantly. But ipob will always be ipob. But, our sodjers should also must not have different punishment for different offences. This is not a capital offence or terrorism.
Another buffoon spotted. Do you know the meaning of "illegal"? What law exactly makes it " illegal" to receive a phone call at a military checkpoint in Nigeria, in a locality that is not even under a state of emergency? Is Nigeria operating under martial law or constitutional law?

The provocative fact that you claimed to be educated in some way (in comparison to the so-called lecturer) makes everything even more painful to enlightened souls.

If you cannot point me to a specific extant Nigerian law that makes receiving phone calls at a military checkpoint illegal, than you will forever be an accused animal with a fate worse than a pig's fate.. May God punish you and your family IF YOU CANNOT TELL ME THE LAW THAT MAKES IT ILLEGAL TO ANSWER PHONE CALLS AT A MILITARY CHECKPOINT.

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by ransomed: 9:36pm On May 09, 2017
Nigerian soldiers have been terrorizing innocent people since 1966. They call citizens "bloody civilians" to show their superiority. They are the most archaic, barbaric and brutal military formation in the whole world. Zombie o zombie ( in Fela Anikulapo kuti's voice). Tell am to go quench na joro jara jo...

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by didymario7(m): 9:38pm On May 09, 2017
missomo:

Soldiers don't have the constitutional right or power to treat any civilian in that manner. The worst they should have done was to detain him for a brief moment and check his phone to see if his call constituted a security threat. If it didn't they will apologise for any inconvenience they may have caused him and tell him not to receive calls at check points anymore.

It's all the more annoying and painful because these same soldiers will carry hand bags for politicians and their mistresses and even get slapped or shouted at by these politicians. The worst they would do is grumble behind their backs. But when it comes to regular citizens they start flexing muscles that no one wants to see.

I don't mean to insult you but it's people with a mentality like yours that allow these uniformed idiots get away with a lot of horsecrap.

I love the way you express yourself. U could do really well as a part time writer. There are threads here on NL that could help make a living out of this. From Fiverr to Upwork to Freelancer. I suggest u do lil research here on NL if u have the time. Just sent u a PM

1 Like

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by IdeyFindWife: 9:39pm On May 09, 2017
arithcom:
I will like to 1st condemn the beating or disgracing of an innocent responsible citizen yet I would like us to look at the case in another angle. If you listen to the soldier's side story, you may not totally blame them. Think of their Counterterrorist training, risks they take being on highway, harsh weather condition and all. What the lecturer should have done was to submit the phone and beg seriously then sincerely apologize if the phone is released. I witnessed one scene on abuja keffi road; a woman was receiving a call too, when the solider asked her to come down and submit the phone, she knelt down and started begging that she didn't know the rule. everyone there with the soldiers just laughed and they just asked the woman to joined us in the bus with her phone. Being humble at times can save one from danger even from an arm robber let alone a sane soldier.

This is bullshyt; you're supporting the same excessive military craziness that they've used to kill so many people unfairly! See how they dehumanized an esteemed and accomplished member of the Academia. Anyone who's ever labored to obtain any degree will realize what rigors it takes to be a lecturer. Am not surprised most of them will be roughneck recruits if you run a check. Frustrated mofos who no dey carry eye see student or journalists.

In a country where you are a free-born citizen, the slavery mentality of begging random misdirected military men at random intervals of your day just for a chance to live your life in peace is unheard of.

But since you are 2nd class slaves in Nigeria, there's no way plebe serfs like soldiers won't butt-rape you at every turn while you defend their right to dehumanize you further.

Welcome to your world of slavery. You could protest fuel subsidy, you could protest PHCN but you see it normal for soldier-scum to furrk you anyhow, continue! Until you rise to demand more from your legislature, you will remain on the same spot and your children's children will serve the sons and daughters of your present Lords.

Break your mental yokes, then you will burst out into the freshness of new life!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 09, 2017
Partnerbiz:

Under which law or rule or you want to exhibit your daftness

whatever, next time you see a military checkpoint PLEASE ANSWER OR TRY TO MAKE A CALL. don't even know you. so i don't give a Bleep if you get shot

Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 09, 2017
didymario7:

I love the way you express yourself. U could do really well as a part time writer. There are threads here on NL that could help make a living out of this. From Fiverr to Upwork to Freelancer. I suggest u do lil research here on NL if u have the time. Just sent u a PM

Thats a lovely compliment. I've replied your message. Thank you Diddymario7.
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by WhistleB(m): 9:48pm On May 09, 2017
MysteriousAnn:
These Soldiers are taking out Boko Haram frustration on citizens.

Aside the frustration, This story is well cooked. And it has been served to those who are willingly eating it.
From experience, no soldier will take you to the corner to work on you, he will chawus you publicly for other commuters to see and take dressing.
Also, OP said their bus was ordered to move leaving the Lecturer behind, so how did you snap this picture?
Re: Lecturer Brutalised By Soldiers For Answering A Phone Call At Check Point (pic) by joyandfaith: 9:55pm On May 09, 2017
never make or receive calls in any military checkpoints. never argue or question a soldier

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wadume: Meet The Taraba Kidnap Kingpin (Photo) / Man Burnt Alive In Ajah Over Land Grabbing In Lagos [Graphic Photos] / Folorunsho Alakija Duped By Her Employee And Sister (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.