Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! (5900 Views)

Senator Blames Jonathan For Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips / Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall / Fashola Blames Jonathan For Lekki-ikoyi Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by OAM4J: 9:50pm On Jan 11, 2010
DR CROSS:

illusion2, please dont call Goodluck a bloody vice president,the guy is trying his best because is not in his position to declare himself as president,we should all blem the federal council or what ever the call themself.But i only blem Goodluck for not confroting U.S vice president about Naija being black list as terrorist country

Nobody is asking him to declare himself the president. But let him at least exercise his power as Vice president especially now that the president is not around.

He has been too quiet, dull and inactive for my liking. The best time for him to shine is now. He should be on the side of the people. Even if it means losing his face b4 some few disgruntle political sycophants, he will always be on the good side of history and People will always remember him for being on the side of the truth/majority. For example we will always remember Atiku for standing against 3rd term.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Gbawe: 10:00pm On Jan 11, 2010
OAM4J:

Nobody is asking him to declare himself the president. But let him at least exercise his power as Vice president especially now that the president is not around.

He has been too quiet, dull and inactive for my liking. The best time for him to shine is now. He should be on the side of the people. Even if it means losing his face b4 some few disgruntle political sycophants, he will always be on the good side of history and People will always remember him for being on the side of the truth/majority. For example we will always remember Atiku for standing against 3rd term.

Precisely. Granted the political climate is somewhat difficult in Nigeria but the VP has responsibilities to Nigeria and Nigerians as the second most powerful Nigerian after the President. The President is now unavailable and Jonathan is so scared of offending others to the extent that he won't even carry out the duties he is empowered to carry out as VP!!!!!

No one is asking Jonathan to subvert his boss but no one will admire how he is totally petrified of acting decisively within the limits of his powers as VP !!!
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by vislabraye(m): 10:38pm On Jan 11, 2010
Jonathan doesn't really have the presence that would impose respect. That's the main problem. His general appearance looks so passive and unsinspiring, but he should not be underestimated at all.
I think or I hope he has a game plan. He might not be a pushover after all.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by IykeD1(m): 10:51pm On Jan 11, 2010
I am a bit at a loss here, people are blaming Jonathan for going about his business? Are we not forgetting that we are
dealing with a group of infantile leaders for whom the mere thought of ceding presidential powers for a week is the end
of the world?

As someone said earlier, was it not the same healthy Jonathan that was that was was being asked to resign several weeks
even when it was clear that Yar Adua was on life support? How do you reconcile that? And people think this same Jonathan
can just assume power without the blessings of the NASS, the northern cabal, or the near comatose Yar Adua?

I personally think Jonathan is in a dilemma here and is playing his cards right.  Its best for him to assume the office when its
clear to all that there was no way Yar Adua was returning. Reality needs to kick in to the northern cabal that the constitution
is superior to their wishes.

Someone mentioned Atiku' aggressiveness against OBJ earlier while forgetting to note that its the same Atiku mindset of gaining
power that is being confronted today. For the longest time, some people have being conditioned to think that power is theirs to
dictate. This has been the reason why even in the army a major from the North may think or act as if he outranks a brigadier from
the South. Sadly, this has been Nigeria's reality and some humility is in order.  

If we are prepared for the country to break up right now, then I see sense in urging Jonathan to "seize" power, though a lot of
people these days seems to think that may not be a bad thing after all - I can't say I disagree with them.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Kobojunkie: 11:04pm On Jan 11, 2010
Iyke-D:

As someone said earlier, was it not the same healthy Jonathan that was that was was being asked to resign several weeks even when it was clear that Yar Adua was on life support? How do you reconcile that? And people think this same Jonathan
can just assume power without the blessings of the NASS, the northern cabal, or the near comatose Yar Adua?

I personally think Jonathan is in a dilemma here and is playing his cards right.  Its best for him to assume the office when its clear to all that there was no way Yar Adua was returning. Reality needs to kick in to the northern cabal that the constitution is superior to their wishes.

Someone mentioned Atiku' aggressiveness against OBJ earlier while forgetting to note that its the same Atiku mindset of gaining
power that is being confronted today. For the longest time, some people have being conditioned to think that power is theirs to
dictate. This has been the reason why even in the army a major from the North may think or act as if he outranks a brigadier from
the South. Sadly, this has been Nigeria's reality and some humility is in order. 

I have one question for you, just one! I mean I know we can type lengthy paragraphs all the rest of 2010 and still come back to this one question, so I'll just give you possible options and if you would pick just one, it would do us all good . . . .

Who does Vice President of the Republic of Nigeria, Jonathan Goodluck, work for( Who SHOULD he answer to?)?

a) Yar adua  and the Northern Cabal
b) Himself
c) The People of the Republic of Nigeria
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by stalliontp(m): 11:10pm On Jan 11, 2010
Either from fear or a solid political maneuver , Jonathan is actually playing smart by waiting for things to play out otherwise they will make him go the way of  Abiola and Abacha
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by assetstrip(m): 11:34pm On Jan 11, 2010
Lasy year a lot of people who study the politics of Naija said Naija would very soon be on the brink, i thought they were correct in their analysis but never this soon. Every thing that could go wrong is going wrong. Now that there is a power vacuum, who should emerge because it certainly doesnt look like our friend Goodluck is ready. Everybody is worried about their own position and to hell with country. WHERE IS THE OPPOSITION? Nigeria has not had a leader for 50 days !!!! and our so called political elite all have their heads in the sand. Nigerians were qeueing for petrol through the xmas period even on xmas day!!!! and the country is about to fall into volcanic lava (is that dramatic enough) and yet we are still discussing what the VP should or shouldnt do. Surely we are past that, right now we need someone to stand up and be COUNTED
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by IykeD1(m): 12:12am On Jan 12, 2010

I have one question for you, just one! I mean I know we can type lengthy paragraphs all the rest of 2010 and still come back to this one question, so I'll just give you possible options and if you would pick just one, it would do us all good . . . .

Who does Vice President of the Republic of Nigeria, Jonathan Goodluck, work for( Who SHOULD he answer to?)?

a) Yar adua and the Northern Cabal
b) Himself
c) The People of the Republic of Nigeria

The answer is C.

But please explain to me how Jonathan is supposed to swear in the CJ, sign the budget, act as commander in chief, etc. if the right steps (steps laid out by the people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria) to transmit that authority to him are yet to be invoked? How does he do it, just scream
louder or become more defiant?

I am no legal mind, but it does appear to me that the constitution is clear on the respective roles
of the President and the VP. It also clearly states what actions to take before the VP can assume
the powers of the president. Those actions are yet to be taken and Jonathan has no real control
over those actions.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by A40(m): 1:18am On Jan 12, 2010
I just hope the nigga's silence is golden surely he must have the 411 on whats going on with Yaradua
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Kobojunkie: 6:14am On Jan 12, 2010
Iyke-D:

The answer is C.

[size=14pt]But[/size] please explain to me how Jonathan is supposed to swear in the CJ, sign the budget, act as commander in chief, etc. if the right steps (steps laid out by the people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria) to transmit that authority to him are yet to be invoked? How does he do it, just scream
louder or become more defiant?

I am no legal mind, but it does appear to me that the constitution is clear on the respective roles
of the President and the VP. It also clearly states what actions to take before the VP can assume
the powers of the president. Those actions are yet to be taken and Jonathan has no real control
over those actions.

All that comes after that BUT just goes to remind me of why I LOVE discussing politics with my American friends, rather than my Nigerian friends. What do I mean? I mean I love the way they do not believe it is their duty to PRODUCE/MANUFACTURE excuses for the politicians out here. Many have no problems jumping ship it they notice their boat is sinking (politicians they admire or hold high are shifting to the other end).  I particular love the way they hold themselves and those around them to higher standards, even though deep down they know they may never achieve it all.

You admit that Jonathan SERVES the people but in the same BREATH come up with at least one EXCUSE for his continued inaction especially at a time when the country is rudderless, international relationships and strained and people are waiting to hear from our government on terror issue. 

I will only say that May God be with you ooo!!!
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Mekusxyz: 6:17am On Jan 12, 2010
How many days is required for the President to be away from his duty post before he can be impeached (or anything of that sort)?
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Beaf: 6:20am On Jan 12, 2010
Mekusxyz:

How many days is required for the President to be away from his duty post before he can be impeached (or anything of that sort)?

Mbulela posted this earlier, https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-379880.0.html
It would seem that serious questions needed to be asked immediately Yar adua crossed 42 days.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by princekevo(m): 7:05am On Jan 12, 2010
As someone said earlier, was it not the same healthy Jonathan that was that was was being asked to resign several weeks
even when it was clear that Yar Adua was on life support? How do you reconcile that? And people think this same Jonathan

All this threat from the north for him to resign came as result of one thing they discovered in Jonathan, which is Cowardice.
Am sure if left alone he would have resigned.

the South[b](an act of cowardice)
. Sadly, this has been Nigeria's reality and some humility is in order.[/b] 

Sorry bros, this has never been Nigerian reality, but a kind of mindset by our forefathers and theirs, inherited by our fathers and theirs. As a new generation we can individually chose not to inherit those mentality of being satisfied as No 2. that is why our fore fathers died without smelling the No 1 position. And everyday we keep crying that no SS have  made it to No 1 position. As if the north retained the power by folding their arms and siddon dey look as our fathers did.
Nigerian belongs to all of us, if someone have the mindset that the power belongs to him, it equally belongs to you. All you need is change your mentality as them, condition your mind to being No 1 also and not always No 2, you will see yourself working towards it.

If we are prepared for the country to break up right now, then I see sense in urging Jonathan to "seize" power, though a lot of
people these days seems to think that may not be a bad thing after all - I can't say I disagree with them.

Who gives a damm if the country should break up? You see our mentality? For goodness sake who should be afraid of break up? The SS or the North?
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by MsTom(f): 8:21am On Jan 12, 2010
I dont get this. shouldnt there be a place in the constitution that states that the vice president should act in the absence of the president for whatever reason? Why are they waiting for Yaradua to handover? It is the responsiblity of the vice president to act in the absence of the president. I believe the constitution should take precedence. Except if there is no constitution.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Jairzinho(m): 8:56am On Jan 12, 2010
MsTom:

I dont get this. shouldnt there be a place in the constitution that states that the vice president should act in the absence of the president for whatever reason? Why are they waiting for Yaradua to handover? It is the responsiblity of the vice president to act in the absence of the president. I believe the constitution should take precedence. Except if there is no constitution.
don't mind them. . . like Duke said,they are awarding contracts without the president,yet they need a letter from yar'Adua to speak on pertinent issues. Even a special assistant to the president has been speaking to the press on behalf of the Commander-in chief !!! Na wa o !

illusion2:

My friend the VP of a country is expected to have some BALLS !!!
lol!
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by otukpo(f): 11:10am On Jan 12, 2010
I think Goodluck's siddon look is the best for now.
What can he do when YD did not hand over power to him or the NASS giving him the power.
If Jonathan shld do anything contrary to what he is doing now, he will be accused of trying to topple the govt and dt might be an excuse they are looking for to sack him.

Lets wait untill power get to him consitutional b4 we can criticize him.
It is the same pple accusing him of docility that will accuse him of power hungry if he does any gra gra and gets booted out.

Nigerians, una too mushhhhhhhhh
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by otukpo(f): 11:24am On Jan 12, 2010
the best Jonathan can do is when he assumes power,
He shld sack all these 1st generation politicians dt has been recycled severally and bring in young nd visionary professionals to work with.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Teminio: 12:39pm On Jan 12, 2010
Goodluck Jonathan has not function vibrantly as a Vice - President, I wonder what manner of presidency he will offer if giving the opportunity.
Sadly though, he is the next in line. The guy needs to be up and doing, Nigeria is a dynamic nation where there is no room for docility.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Kobojunkie: 3:38pm On Jan 12, 2010
otukpo:

the best Jonathan can do is when he assumes power,
He shld sack all these 1st generation politicians dt has been recycled severally and bring in young nd visionary professionals to work with.

Since he came in on the SAME ticket as Yar adua, and expected us to somehow think them both DIFFERENT, I say we work on SACKING him as well if we are already working on Sacking his other half. A wife who would sit back, with folded arms, waiting for some divine intervention, while her husband drags her family down into hell, is a foolish wife in my book! That seems to work here as well. The duty of making sure the country runs well does not lie SOLELY in the hands of Yar adua. We elected Jonathan on the same ticket so he could assist, and since it is apparent he cannot, then there is no need keeping him around after we have gotten rid of his other.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by redsun(m): 3:47pm On Jan 12, 2010
When did junkie become a female?Looking for a husband,eeh?Oyinbo pestering didn't work.

All the anonymous are coming out clean now and they all turn out to be women.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by otukpo(f): 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Since he came in on the SAME ticket as Yar adua, and expected us to somehow think them both DIFFERENT, I say we work on SACKING him as well if we are already working on Sacking his other half. A wife who would sit back, with folded arms, waiting for some divine intervention, while her husband drags her family down into hell, is a foolish wife in my book! That seems to work here as well. The duty of making sure the country runs well does not lie SOLELY in the hands of Yar adua. We elected Jonathan on the same ticket so he could assist, and since it is apparent he cannot, then there is no need keeping him around after we have gotten rid of his other.

Let's hope his silence would be golden.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Kobojunkie: 3:52pm On Jan 12, 2010
otukpo:

Let's hope his silence would be golden.
I am definitely not hoping for that. I hope the man is BOOTED out when his other half is. I would prefer we endure only 3 months of the person to sit in so we can have another election for better, studier minds ready to hit the ground running.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Choco9: 3:56pm On Jan 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I am definitely not hoping for that. I hope the man is BOOTED out when his other half is. I would prefer we endure only 3 months of the person to sit in so we can have another election for better, studier minds ready to hit the ground running.

ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO ROFLMAO!!!!
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by IykeD1(m): 4:29pm On Jan 12, 2010

All that comes after that BUT just goes to remind me of why I LOVE discussing politics with my American friends, rather than my Nigerian friends. What do I mean? I mean I love the way they do not believe it is their duty to PRODUCE/MANUFACTURE excuses for the politicians out here. Many have no problems jumping ship it they notice their boat is sinking (politicians they admire or hold high are shifting to the other end). I particular love the way they hold themselves and those around them to higher standards, even though deep down they know they may never achieve it all.

You admit that Jonathan SERVES the people but in the same BREATH come up with at least one EXCUSE for his continued inaction especially at a time when the country is rudderless, international relationships and strained and people are waiting to hear from our government on terror issue.

I will only say that May God be with you ooo!!!

Thanks for that, but you still haven't stated how Jonathan is supposed assume presidential powers to serve the people
without that same power being legally transmitted to him? I mean didn't you hear Yar Adua say in his few seconds interview that he will be returning to his duties "very soon"?

Of course, the country is rudderless and international relationships are being strained, but is that of Jonathan's making or that of the man that is desperately clinging to power even when his life is hanging on a thread with the tacit approval of the NASS?
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Kobojunkie: 4:47pm On Jan 12, 2010
Iyke-D:

Thanks for that, but you still haven't stated how Jonathan is supposed assume presidential powers to serve the people
without that same power being legally transmitted to him? I mean didn't you hear Yar Adua say in his few seconds interview that he will be returning to his duties "very soon"?

Does Wole Soyinka have to assume office to act? What in all that has been said do you understand to mean that the VP has to assume presidential power in order to serve the people who elected him on the same ticket as the president, to serve the people, as the VP? Is this sort of like, the story of the man who got 5 talents and decided to do nothing with it because someone had more, and he felt he needed more to accomplish anything at all? I really do not get why you keep asking that question. He is second in command, not zombie in command!

Iyke-D:

Of course, the country is rudderless and international relationships are being strained, but is that of Jonathan's making or that of the man that is desperately clinging to power even when his life is hanging on a thread with the tacit approval of the NASS?
When it comes to running a country, especially a democratic entity, it does not matter WHO DID IT. What matters that others come in to FIX the problem as soon as it is recognized. Nigeria does not belong to Yar adua, neither is yar adua the only member of THIS administration.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by debosky(m): 4:54pm On Jan 12, 2010
Is Jonathan supposed to force the FEC to declare Yar'adua unfit?

Is he supposed to claim the role of Acting President without being assigned that role?

otukpo:

I think Goodluck's siddon look is the best for now.
What can he do when YD did not hand over power to him or the NASS giving him the power.
If Jonathan shld do anything contrary to what he is doing now, he will be accused of trying to topple the govt and dt might be an excuse they are looking for to sack him.

Lets wait untill power get to him consitutional b4 we can criticize him.
It is the same pple accusing him of docility that will accuse him of power hungry if he does any gra gra and gets booted out.

Well said - short of open rebellion against his principal, the best he can do is to keep the ship of government running. Any action by him will be perceived to be seeking to usurp his boss.

Call it excuses if you want, but the constitution never designed the VP to have the power to 'take over' in the absence of his principal without the necessary transfer of powers.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by debosky(m): 5:02pm On Jan 12, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Does Wole Soyinka have to assume office to act? What in all that has been said do you understand to mean that the VP has to assume presidential power in order to serve the people who elected him on the same ticket as the president, to serve the people, as the VP?

He is acting as much as is permitted under the law - kindly name one action he is permitted to take under the law that he hasn't taken.

When it comes to running a country, especially a democratic entity, it does not matter WHO DID IT.

Wrong - that is what what is allowed under military dictatorship. The VP cannot act as he feels, he is compelled to obey the constitution and by that, it means doing whatsoever roles are assigned to him by the president.

What matters that others come in to FIX the problem as soon as it is recognized. Nigeria does not belong to Yar adua, neither is yar adua the only member of THIS administration.

The problem is this - the FEC must decide that he is unfit to carry on. Even if Jonathan feels otherwise, it is not his decision but that of the FEC. Nigeria belongs to us all no doubt about it, BUT we are still governed by a constitution. Unless you are advocating violating that in the name of 'fixing' the problem, Jonathan is doing the right thing.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by IykeD1(m): 6:33pm On Jan 12, 2010

Does Wole Soyinka have to assume office to act? What in all that has been said do you understand to mean that the VP has to assume presidential power in order to serve the people who elected him on the same ticket as the president, to serve the people, as the VP? Is this sort of like, the story of the man who got 5 talents and decided to do nothing with it because someone had more, and he felt he needed more to accomplish anything at all? I really do not get why you keep asking that question. He is second in command, not zombie in command!
Is he not chairing the FEC meetings in Yar Adua's absence? What other specific actions you want him to take to
"serve the people" as empowered by the constitution or that doesn't count any more?

When it comes to running a country, especially a democratic entity, it does not matter WHO DID IT.
Common, I know you know better than that. It does matter who does what and who did what. Thats
precisely the reason Nigeria is in the mess its today, e.g. a governor acting as treasurer, accountant,
and auditor all at the same time. In any organization, the recipe for chaos (fraud) is lack of segregation
of duties.

Duke or Soyinka are correct voicing their concerns, as it is tended to apply pressure to Yar Adua, the
Katsina inner cabinet, and NASS. However, no matter how bad Jonathan wants it, he has to play along
because as hampered as he may be, he is still the "Government" in Yar Adua's absence, while Duke or
Soyinka are just private citizens.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Jairzinho(m): 7:22pm On Jan 12, 2010
Like Donald Duke observed, the FEC has been awarding contracts,yet Goodluck is not 'in charge'.

What Kobojunkie & the rest of us are asking for is that he LEADS !!! Forget the letter & all that nonesense,be out there lets know you're in charge.

The CJN swore in his successor,the first time in the history of Nigeria.  shocked shocked shocked

When it comes to law & the constitution,the 1st thing you're taught in law school is that 'THE LAW IS AN A.S.S'.

He can alway look for a statute to back himself up,suppose the president died suddenly & we were attacked by cameroun,will he be waiting for a letter from NASS?  undecided undecided

Now yar'Adua is away for 50 days & all the imbeciles are looking for approval from 'the northern cabal'. . . duh !
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Kobojunkie: 7:44pm On Jan 12, 2010
Iyke-D:

Is he not chairing the FEC meetings in Yar Adua's absence?

So He is chairing the FEC on whose behalf? The PEOPLE or Yar adua?

Iyke-D:

What other specific actions you want him to take to
"serve the people" as empowered by the constitution or that doesn't count any more?

Nothing in the Constitution HINDERS him from serving the people in the way he ought to. Please, STOP trying to make it seem the constitution SHACKLES him in anyway. I know that document can be used to justify the most ridiculous, but it won’t fly for this. It makes it clear that the VP serves his people and should do all to ensure the wellbeing of the people. If all he is doing now is, according to you, all he can do according to the constitution, then what you are saying is the man is No different from Yar adua, and hence unfit to rule, in my opinion.

Iyke-D:

Common, I know you know better than that. It does matter who does what and who did what. Thats
precisely the reason Nigeria is in the mess its today, e.g. a governor acting as treasurer, accountant,
and auditor all at the same time. In any organization, the recipe for chaos (fraud) is lack of segregation
of duties.

Wrong!!! It doesn’t especially in the case of Nigeria. You know why? Our own government does not take it upon itself to do much in that country but guess what? Individuals have stepped up on different occasions to do for the people instead. At the end of the day, what should matter is that the job is done. We are a country in legal limbo . . , the only rarely ever counts for much. So telling me that ONLY the president can do this and that makes little sense considering we have rarely had a president do things right ever but we have had people like Fashola step up to fill in the gap.
Still On the issue of doing things right, did you read that Fashola plans to sign FOI bill for Lagos state by the end of this month? The president and the house have been sitting on this bill for an additional 2 and half years but the man has taken it on himself to get it done in Lagos and I hope that opens the door for more.

Iyke-D:

Duke or Soyinka are correct voicing their concerns, as it is tended to apply pressure to Yar Adua, the
Katsina inner cabinet, and NASS. However, no matter how bad Jonathan wants it, he has to play along
because as hampered as he may be, he is still the "Government" in Yar Adua's absence, while Duke or
Soyinka are just private citizens.
Wants what? The Presidency? I hope he NEVER gets it. He does not have to be president to act on behalf of the people. He is sworn in to act on behalf of the Republic already. He does not need another notch for him to act on behalf of the people. By the way, isn’t it a LEAP to believe that Jonathan believes any differently from Yar adua? I mean the man has yet to speak a word against the actions of Yar adua. He chairs the FEC yet the same group has taken it on itself to cut Yar adua every slack possible and you somehow want us to believe that Jonathan is some “HERO UNDER COVER”? I hope this is not the case.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by Beaf: 8:01pm On Jan 12, 2010
Jairzinho:

Like Donald Duke observed, the FEC has been awarding contracts,yet Goodluck is not 'in charge'.

What Kobojunkie & the rest of us are asking for is that he LEADS !!! Forget the letter & all that nonesense,be out there lets know you're in charge.

The CJN swore in his successor,the first time in the history of Nigeria.  shocked shocked shocked

When it comes to law & the constitution,the 1st thing you're taught in law school is that 'THE LAW IS AN backside'.

He can alway look for a statute to back himself up,suppose the president died suddenly & we were attacked by cameroun,will he be waiting for a letter from NASS?  undecided undecided

Now yar'Adua is away for 50 days & all the imbeciles are looking for approval from 'the northern cabal'. . . duh !

Kobojunkie always talks rubbish. Every other person here might be sincere, but not kobojunkie.
Jonathan is not in charge because the constitution says he is not in charge. Period!
There are no two ways about it, anything else would be breaking the law.
Re: Donald Duke Blames Jonathan For Weakness! by SapeleGuy: 9:40pm On Jan 12, 2010
Some people should read the constitution. The fact that he chairs the FEC counts for nothing. The VP can not sack anybody in the FEC but they on the other hand with a 2/3rd majorirty can vote to kick him out.

It is also important to remember that he has zero executive functions he has no portfolio. His responsibility kicks in when he has received the mandate from the senate president.

Why are you people not making any demands from Mark and Bankole or your legislators?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

National President Of Arewa Youth Forum Warns Jonathan / IPMAN Cant Sell Petrol At N97 Per Litre / “we Want Biafra!”, Rivers People Disgrace Wike In P/H (video) HAPPENING NOW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.