Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,143 members, 7,821,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Toyota Boss Laments Nigeria’s Lowest Vehicle Sales Record In Decades - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Boss Laments Nigeria’s Lowest Vehicle Sales Record In Decades (18406 Views)

Mercedes-Benz Announces New Sales Record For October 2019. / New Vehicle Sales Drop 48% In Q3 / Nigeria’s New Vehicle Sales Drops To Abysmal 10,000 Units (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toyota Boss Laments Nigeria’s Lowest Vehicle Sales Record In Decades by dembularrr: 4:25pm On May 12, 2017
MetaHuman:
same old nonsense excuses

And those other people doing their business nko? They have 2 heads?

Oga no vex eh. Try running a business here in Nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Boss Laments Nigeria’s Lowest Vehicle Sales Record In Decades by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 12, 2017
dembularrr:

Oga no vex eh. Try running a business here in Nigeria...
I'm running a business in nigeria
Re: Toyota Boss Laments Nigeria’s Lowest Vehicle Sales Record In Decades by dembularrr: 6:25pm On May 12, 2017
MetaHuman:
I'm running a business in nigeria

I am not talking of online ponzi p2p schemes.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Boss Laments Nigeria’s Lowest Vehicle Sales Record In Decades by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 12, 2017
dembularrr:

I am not talking of online ponzi p2p schemes.
and did you see me sell online ponzi scheme? undecided
Re: Toyota Boss Laments Nigeria’s Lowest Vehicle Sales Record In Decades by GeneralOjukwu: 7:04pm On May 12, 2017
MetaHuman:
Good

Stup1d toyota have 24% market share in a country as big as nigeria yet they don't have atleast an assembly plant here.

People should completely boycott toyota and go for the ones that have plants in nigeria.

Enough of shipping our money abroad to buy nonsense toyota (one of the things that crumbled our economy to begin with) and reduced people's purchasing power.

Best comment here by far.
Re: Toyota Boss Laments Nigeria’s Lowest Vehicle Sales Record In Decades by GeneralOjukwu: 7:18pm On May 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:

With double digit interest rates where is he supposed to get lending from ? With the struggling power supply where is he suppose to get cheap electricity from? Withe unaffordable cost of diesel and gas using a generator is out of it a d besides he still has to import that 3000 kva generator he needs abi do you suggest he also set up an assembly plant for generators so hecan get them cheaper ? The truth is we are being led by those that no know nothing about how to improve an economy

nice analysis but what do you suggest should be done?

if they don't eventually do local assembly they would lose long term. you made excellent points
Re: Toyota Boss Laments Nigeria’s Lowest Vehicle Sales Record In Decades by SalamRushdie: 7:33pm On May 12, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

nice analysis but what do you suggest should be done?

if they don't eventually do local assembly they would lose long term. you made excellent points

We must remember yhese assemblers were using revenues from their import business to service what ever creditor facility phase they were on before the the the inflation set dropping middle class demands for their cars ..The Buhari govt got it wrong from the onset in its protectionist game (mind you I am die hard supporter of Adams Smiths theory of Comparative Advantage) they should have allowed Importers to naturally eliminate themselves through healthy competition that would see them end up setting up yheir own assembly plants as a result of thorough competition (Refer to Onnoson motocycle wars) ...Now that oportunity has been lost so the pmlyvoption left is for govt yo shift ground by granting 100 percent 6 years tax holiday on profits and knock down components to anyone who sets up a standard assembly plant...The govt must also mandate the BOI to provide cheaper loans to such people in that 5 years ...From ther watch how that industry will bloom

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Boss Laments Nigeria’s Lowest Vehicle Sales Record In Decades by GeneralOjukwu: 8:29pm On May 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:

We must remember yhese assemblers were using revenues from their import business to service what ever creditor facility phase they were on before the the the inflation set dropping middle class demands for their cars ..The Buhari govt got it wrong from the onset in its protectionist game (mind you I am die hard supporter of Adams Smiths theory of Comparative Advantage) they should have allowed Importers to naturally eliminate themselves through healthy competition that would see them end up setting up yheir own assembly plants as a result of thorough competition (Refer to Onnoson motocycle wars) ...Now that oportunity has been lost so the pmlyvoption left is for govt yo shift ground by granting 100 percent 6 years tax holiday on profits and knock down components to anyone who sets up a standard assembly plant...The govt must also mandate the BOI to provide cheaper loans to such people in that 5 years ...From ther watch how that industry will bloom

This is great analysis. Please what was your first degree? I see some flaws, but still i learnt a lot from your post.
Re: Toyota Boss Laments Nigeria’s Lowest Vehicle Sales Record In Decades by SalamRushdie: 8:45pm On May 12, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:

This is great analysis. Please what was your first degree? I see some flaws, but still i learnt a lot from your post.

Accounting but i have been into innovative Business development for four years ..That serial entrepreneur thing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Watch The World’s 1st Self-Driving Hydrogen Car Complete A Record 118-mile Trip / Bodo Buschmann – Founder Of Brabus Dies At 62 / A Man Miraculously Survived A Ghastly Trailer Crush At Tincan Apapa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.