Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship (556 Views)

Must Read: Lady Reveals How Her Mum Walked Out Of An Abusive Marriage(photos) / Why Is It Difficult For Women To Leave Abusive Relationship / Are there Victims In an Abusive Relationship ( the case study of tonto dike) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Revolva(m): 6:48am On May 12, 2017
it is absolutely unacceptable for a man to batter a woman black and blue. It is simply cowardice. Despite the domestic violence, some people will not speak out nor will they quit the relationship. They endure. They report to their religious leaders and family members who usually encourage them to stay. This is wrong. They are not the ones who gets rape when he is drunk or who gets beaten every night when he is angry. This is same with your boyfriend. i share reasons why you should never stay in an abusive relationship,

He will kill you one day

There have been many stories were husbands have beaten their wives to the extent that they died. That is extreme. You do not want to be in that situation. Your children need you alive to take care of them. So, if you have made effort and waited for him to change and he refuses, just quit.

You will escape emotional torment

Many women are being beaten by their husbands but they cover it with makeup. They laugh and they smile but the emotional torment they are going through is unbearable. Do not wait until you break down before you run away. In fact, the only time they are happy is when they leave home.

You cannot fix him

If you stay thinking he is going to change, you are absolutely wrong. He is not going to change even if you pray from today till tomorrow. You cannot fix him. If it means leaving home to temporarily lodge in a Lagos hotel, you should.

It is good for your sanity and wellbeing

If you are going through domestic violence and you keep quiet. it will definitely affect your mental health and general wellbeing. You will be very worried and scared of your husband. It will become a cat and mouse relationship. Save yourself from that stress.

You will be safe

You and your children will be safe if you leave an abusive relationship. You owe them that responsibility.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 6:53am On May 12, 2017
cool

#TeamNOboyfriendNOproblem

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by IamAirforce1: 6:54am On May 12, 2017
Stop corrupting our eyes with indecent photos
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by eezeribe(m): 6:55am On May 12, 2017
I know this post is gender biased because of the constant use of 'Him'
Both males and females do suffer Abusive relationships.it could be physical or emotional abuse.In fact,guys do suffer more emotional abuse than females suffer physical abuse.
So I will advise the guys,whenever you find yourself in any form of abusive relationship(physical,emotional,verbal,etc) JUST QUIT!!!

lalasticlala,Mynd44

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Arsenalholic1: 6:59am On May 12, 2017
TrapQueen77:
cool

Why will there be problem when there's cucumber and cassava everywhere... tongue

Hopefully the thing doesn't hook inside one day and you'll be speaking in tongues

IamAirforce1:
Stop corrupting our eyes with indecent photos
Oga, when you created a thread one time like that to show us the dirty pant your supposed gf left in your house, you weren't "corrupting" our eyes abi?

Ogbeni, leave matter. Your eye don corrupt tey tey

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Darammliveth(m): 7:06am On May 12, 2017
They wouldn't listen,,,,, Fish brain species

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by simplyhonest(m): 7:08am On May 12, 2017
let's also understand that women also abuse their spouses.. ..its a two way situation

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by jworos(m): 7:12am On May 12, 2017
So na only men dey hand out abusive relationship uhh??

Does anyone really need 5 reasons to quit that relationship? ? Common sense will tell you to quit, but then again common sense isn't that common.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by joshboo(m): 7:17am On May 12, 2017
Ladies too pls watch it. No guy wud really wanna hit u, some r nt Reasonable no doubt but most times actions spur up reactions, btwn if wat caused d sweet loving guy initially to hit u afterwards isn't curbed d chances of repetition abound even in subsequent relationships Ts a two way thing. many of this actresses just act in their marriages.
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 7:24am On May 12, 2017
TrapQueen77:
cool
sister sister,why u dey lie lie diz na?
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by OgahBohz: 7:24am On May 12, 2017
seriously, should be told wen to quit? ..
azn is ationship a do or die...
marriage is not even compulsory...
if a u fear u don't wanna be alone.. my mke alot of frnds .
if na d sex be ur problem.. learn to help urself, nawah o,....

thanks for reading my sensible nonsense
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by eezeribe(m): 7:38am On May 12, 2017
Arsenalholic1:
Why will there be problem when there's cucumber and cassava everywhere... tongue

Hopefully the thing doesn't hook inside one day and you'll be speaking in tongues

Oga, when you created a thread one time like that to show us the dirty pant your supposed gf left in your house, you weren't "corrupting" our eyes abi?

Ogbeni, leave matter. Your eye don corrupt tey tey

EPIC

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Nina4u(f): 7:43am On May 12, 2017
I had a gal on fb chatting all the time her man beat her up.. Kicked her in the tummy when she was pregnant and on a dayly basis beat her... She had a hair buissness he forsed her to sell.. He took the money.. She was isolated from her friends he didn't want her to have none she had this secret fb outlet he didn't know.. I did research found women chelter for abused women were you can get away and eventually go far far away from him.. I gave her addresses and phone nr in port hartcourt and Lagos were to go but she never did and I said u gonna end up dead if u don't go away.. She still didn't.. She had no support no friends broke down and with his threat to kill her if she left she stayed.. I was so discouraged trying to help her and since she didn't want my help I blocked her after 6 months.. It hurt me so bad cause I almost got murdered by the one that was suppose to protect you I could not lissen no more.. If she don't want my help.. Then what can I do? I don't know what happend to her but me.. God protected me.. I lost everything I had but God guided my steps and now I'm a Gm manager a boss lady and living in a gated community in a small house with mansions all around me right on a golf course.. I am blessed.. And alive.. Glory to God JHWH

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 7:57am On May 12, 2017
TrapQueen77:
cool

grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by Nobody: 8:02am On May 12, 2017
All onpoint Op

Hope some learn ...
Re: 5 Reasons You Should Quit An Abusive Relationship by SirMichael1: 8:52am On May 12, 2017
Don't be in a relationship to begin with.

Relationships are tough if you can't handle it.

Most people can't handle their faults not to talk of being in a relationship.

Besides, it drains the life force outta ya.

(1) (Reply)

Girls Are Weekened!!!!! Snh!!! / Ghanaian Man Brutally Murders His Fiance For Attempting To Dump Him - Graphic / Ten Things We Must Know Before Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.