Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

I am in Tears As I Type This. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I am in Tears As I Type This. (7030 Views)

Man In Tears As His Girlfriend Rejects His Proposal In Public / Bride In Tears As Husband Cancels Wedding A Day To The Wedding / Lady In Tears As She Says No To Her Boyfriend In Public Despite The Cameras(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I am in Tears As I Type This. by whitepump: 3:00pm On May 12, 2017
Please MOD help me forward to front page.
Hello people. I put up something sometime ago about a guy I met who limps while he walks because of an accident he had when he was a child. And how my mum said i counldnt marry the guy because of that. well things started going well and i thought my mum approved of it but when marriage plans got close, she went and discussed with one or two friends who told her that if it were their daughter, they will never allow her marry a man that limps. Just because of that, she changed, cancelled my introduction date that she can't stand me marrying a man that limps. About 60 percent of my colleague and friends knew that our marriage was close. This man loves me so much and i love him too. He has been so good to me, I don't care that he limps, I love him just the way he is because he has proven to me that he is different from other men and i will be happy if I marry him. He is very hard-working and God fearing. Treats me with so much respect. With all the divorce here and there, one should be more concern about someone's character that the physical appearance. I want to go ahead and do a court wedding with him because a limps is not an enough reason for me to leave a good man. I put myself in his shoes, if I was to be limping, I will never want to be treated that way. I am 30 and he is 37
Please matured people here help me, what should I do Because my mum is adamant and my dad has no say since it was my mum that brought me up.

11 Likes

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 12, 2017
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by extremelygolden: 3:05pm On May 12, 2017
I will advise you go into intense prayers for God's divine and total intervention. I pray everything is sorted out soon for the sake of the love you two share.

I wish you all the best.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by PolyjuicePotion: 3:05pm On May 12, 2017
Pursue your happiness

1 Like

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 12, 2017

3 Likes

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by CplusJason: 3:06pm On May 12, 2017
I'll advice you to follow your heart.

Don't repeat the same mistake your mum made.

11 Likes

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by lastmessenger: 3:06pm On May 12, 2017
Dont try marrying him without your parents approval. Two wrongs can never make a right. My advice to you is to pray and ask God to touch your mum so that she can change her mind.

4 Likes

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by okoliexpress: 3:10pm On May 12, 2017
@ op your use of limbs got me real good grin grin but on a serious note, its not a wise thing to fight your family on issues like this, they know better and they have experience, love may be shacking you now but when the real marriage reality will hit you, you will certainly not like it. i recently learnt that you should marry with your head and not with your heart ofcourse this is my opinion and that's what everyone can give you (opinions) but ultimately the choice is yours to make, you alone know what you can tolerate and accommodate but pls use your head.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Papasmal(m): 3:12pm On May 12, 2017
Eeya my dear sister I feel ur pain,we live in a crazy world where physical appearance,Ostentatious display are more celebrated than inner qualities n good intentions,

Fundamentally ur own happiness should be paramount,

Disability is not inability,

May God grant ur heart desire.

16 Likes

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by omega25red(m): 3:14pm On May 12, 2017
lastmessenger:
Dont try marrying him without your parents approval. Two wrongs can never make a right. My advice to you is to pray and ask God to touch your mum so that she can change her mind.
Are you serious? what two wrongs are you talking about exactly and praying to God to touch her heart grin Nigerians smh

poster follow your heart. your mom is discriminating against your man because he has a disability. she should be happy that you are happy and the man works hard and treats you right. Ask her is she would want you to get married if God forbid you get in an accident and develop a limp when you walk.

Your mom in her benevolent ignorance probably thinks limping will pass on to the children or some witch craft bullsh1t like that

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by zinachidi(m): 3:14pm On May 12, 2017
u're 30. U can make ur own decisions... Love is all that matters... True love. And from what u wrote, it exists between u guys. From what u said, ur dad dosen't actually is aganist the marriage ''cos he has no say'' if u can manage and get ur dads blessings, thats all u need. If u mummy no wan come wedding, make she no come. Thats what i would do if i were in your shoes.

4 Likes

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by SINZ: 3:16pm On May 12, 2017
Is that why you're in tears? grin

Oya clean your eyes and go meet the guy make him score goal give you. I guarantee your mother will personally take up costs for canopy and drinks on your wedding day which will come up in less than 3 months from today! grin

Thank me later.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 12, 2017
whitepump:
Please MOD help me forward to front page.
Hello people. I put up something sometime ago about a guy I met who limbs while he walks because of an accident he had when he was a child. And how my mum said i counldnt marry the guy because of that. well things started going well and i thought my mum approved of it but when marriage plans got close, she went and discussed with one or two friends who told her that if it were their daughter, they will never allow her marry a man that limbs. Just because of that, she changed, cancelled my introduction date that she can't stand me marrying a man that limbs. About 60 percent of my colleague and friends knew that our marriage was close. This man loves me so much and i love him too. He has been so good to me, I don't care that he limbs, I love him just the way he is because he has proven to me that he is different from other men and i will be happy if I marry him. He is very hard-working and God fearing. Treats me with so much respect. With all the divorce here and there, one should be more concern about someone's character that the physical appearance. I want to go ahead and do a court wedding with him because a limb is not an enough reason for me to leave a good man. I put myself in his shoes, if I was to be limping, I will never want to be treated that way. I am 30 and he is 37
Please matured people here help me, what should I do Because my mum is adamant and my dad has no say since it was my mum that brought me up.

Your mother is juz a practical person who doesnt wanna see her daughter being be belittled by others coz u marry a disable...

Now, u asked urself if u really wanna commit the rest of ur life with him even he is physically impaired? And no matter what gonna happen, u will never gonna leave him.. if u think he is the one for u, go for it. Follow what ur heart desired. wink

5 Likes

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by SniffyDsniffeR(m): 3:17pm On May 12, 2017
I disagree with olkolieexpress
Sister as long as he loves you, treats you well, respects you, is God fearing and you love him marry him my dear
You are 30...the clock is ticking..its time you settled down and start a family..and why not with someone with these wonderful characteristics..
You have your life to live..its not your mother's own..please and please..you need to take a stand..they can't tie you down you're independent and you love someone and want to marry.
What is the big deal if he limps

As long as everything below the belt is functioning properly if you know what I mean...I repeat you need to take a stand. Don't allow anyone dictate your life because it is YOUR life

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by QuietHammer(m): 3:18pm On May 12, 2017
lastmessenger:
Rubbish. #say no to body shamming.

4 Likes

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by CplusJason: 3:20pm On May 12, 2017
SINZ:
Is that why you're in tears? grin

Oya clean your eyes and go meet the guy make him score goal give you. I guarantee your mother will personally take up costs for canopy and drinks on your wedding day which will come up in less than 3 months from today! grin

Thank me later.
grin grin Best advice ever.

Waiting for proffersal. cool

1 Like

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by lastmessenger: 3:21pm On May 12, 2017
QuietHammer:

Rubbish. #say no to body shamming.
Well I have said my own. She can go ahead and marry without her parents consent and leta see how it will turn out.

1 Like

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 12, 2017
Not that am advising you to be rebellious but at 30, your parents shouldn't be picky.

1 Like

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by SINZ: 3:24pm On May 12, 2017
CplusJason:
grin grin Best advice ever.

Waiting for proffesorfal. cool

High Chief, na her mama go dance pass on her wedding day seff!

The woman go dance galala, skonto, skelewu, even atilogwu! gringringrin

6 Likes

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by QuietHammer(m): 3:24pm On May 12, 2017
lastmessenger:
Well I have said my own. She can go ahead and marry without her parents consent and leta see how it will turn out.
Will her parents be the ones to live with the "unfortunate " man since he is crippled?
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by SINZ: 3:24pm On May 12, 2017
--
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Nobody: 3:24pm On May 12, 2017
I am so sorry you find yourself in such a situation. By all account it seems you truly care for him and he does the same for you.
Society still suffocates happenines and freedom. It is disappointing how your mother listens to people who do not know the man you love the way you do. He did not choose to have the accident how can he be judged for that? Do you have living grandparents? Not every single person you are related to but someone your mother respects someone who has lived in and is not swayed by superficial matters.

Has your mother actually spent time with him at all? If she.

2 Likes

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by CplusJason: 3:26pm On May 12, 2017
SINZ:

High Chief, na her mama go dance pass on her wedding day seff! cheesy
Nor mind the mama.

Forming "Patience Ozokwor" for the small girl. grin

4 Likes

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by QuietHammer(m): 3:28pm On May 12, 2017
MissCuppy:
Not that am advising you to be rebellious but at 30, your parents shouldn't be picky.

You make it sound like she's settling for the substandard because she's 30

3 Likes

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by yhemster(m): 3:28pm On May 12, 2017
What I will say is this, please sister be very sure of what you're getting urself into. I hope you're not feeling pressured abt getting married cos of your age. Or you think the guy will be a good husband/father cos of his physical deformity. If you're very sure abt marrying the guy then I'll advise you to consult those elders (moral or spiritual) ur mum/parents duly respect and explain your situation. If nothing changes then pack ur things and start cohabiting with the guy. I won't advise a marriage without ur parent's approval. By the time you get pregnant or have the birth of ur first born ur parent will succumb.

Every situation is different, desperate times call for desperate measures.
Parents are unconsciously self-centered.

3 Likes

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 12, 2017
QuietHammer:

You make it sound like she's settling for the substandard because she's 30
You never can tell.
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by whitepump: 3:35pm On May 12, 2017
MissCuppy:
You never can tell.

I am settling for him not because I am desperate. I still have men asking me out but He fits into my description of how I want my man to be and i decided to look beyond the limping.

4 Likes

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by lastmessenger: 3:36pm On May 12, 2017
QuietHammer:

Will her parents be the ones to live with the "unfortunate " man since he is crippled?
my dear I have seen this things happen over and over and it always end in a very bad way. Parental consent is very important for any marriage to stand.
The fact her mum is resisting is not an end in itself.things can still turn around for good and they will get married.

2 Likes

Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 12, 2017
whitepump:

I am settling for him not because I am desperate. I still have men asking me out but He fits into my description of how I want my man to be and i decided to look beyond the limping.
Ok if you say so..
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Frolic: 3:41pm On May 12, 2017
You got to involve those ppl your mom respects that you involved initially to come to.ur aid again sis... But, Never marry a man without yr parent's blessings oh. That one is very important. Now, how about your dad?
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by Mznaett: 3:43pm On May 12, 2017
whitepump:

This is classic...cool
Re: I am in Tears As I Type This. by SINZ: 3:43pm On May 12, 2017
CplusJason:
Nor mind the mama.
Forming "Patience Ozokwor" for the small girl. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

♥ Comment The Name Of That Female Nairalander Who Looks Pretty Without Makeup ♥ / 83-year-old Woman Hasn’t Cut Her Snake-shaped Hair In 64 Years (Graphic Photos) / Nollywood Clip : Man Have S£x With godlady,says godlady Is Too Wide,spark Outrag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.