Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu (1644 Views)

Youths Vandalise Aishatu Jibril-Dukku's House In Gombe / China Executes Eight For Terrorism / Abuja Court Sentences Lebanese To Life Imprisonment For Terrorism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 11, 2010
America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu

http://independentngonline.com/DailyIndependent/Article.aspx?id=6631

All I want to ask is, what is the "policy" of the South East (and other zones) that is responsible for the terrorism they witness in the North?
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Kobojunkie: 2:37pm On Jan 11, 2010
@Nigeria ooO!!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Beaf: 2:44pm On Jan 11, 2010
What has the Middle East got to do with Nigeria? Is it one of the 36 states? angry
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by FrankC3: 3:16pm On Jan 11, 2010
You can see the kind of people we have as leaders. This guy is the chairman senate comittee on foreign affairs and you can xray his policy thoughts on a heavy issue like international terrorism. What happened to tact, even when you are so sure of what you are saying. Jubril is tellign us in essence that the policy is a good reason for the terrorists to bring down the WTC. Now, how do you think that America will see such a thought? He obviously have sympathy for the cause of the terrorists and some guys are all over here questioning our latest classification.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 11, 2010
Beaf:

What has the Middle East got to do with Nigeria? Is it one of the 36 states? angry

Help me ask him o!
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Lagosboy: 3:37pm On Jan 11, 2010

At this point, let me emphasize that the level of terrorism is becoming a very worrying thing to the international community. As panacea to this growing spate of global insecurity, I think that nations of the world should re-examine their foreign policies. These terrorism attacks do not happen in a vacuum. I always maintain that no matter how nasty terrorism is, in all it is a reminder that we should also look at policies. I believe that the most lasting solution to all these disgraceful acts of terrorism is a political solution. Honestly, we need political solution to solve these long standing issues facing the world.

Q: You raised a fundamental issue that nation’s should re-examine their foreign policies; are you indirectly talking to the White House?

Yes. I say so because I did tell them when I was there, may be, they did not like it but I told them. America is a very popular and wealthy country because it had no colony. Our people like America because of films, movies etc. It is a great thing to be American or look like an American because they are different from the Europeans. They have a history of having fought a civil war and there are a lot of advocates among them. There are so many great and unique things about the Americans.

Now what led to their problem? It is instructive that they should look at that. Look, it is not because they are powerful or wealthy and that is why other countries envy them; not all. People like powerful people and I still do not think anybody hates America as a result of envy. It must be as a result of some foreign policy problems. [b]First of all, in pursuit of the cold war some nations of the world are being labeled as communist states or that. This was how the whole thing started and since then, they began to take positions. Remember the issue of NASA, Aswan Dam, and Volta River Dam etc. The most serious one at hand is the issue of the Middle East- the Palestinian issue. I believe and I told the Americans that 80 per cent of the problems they have with the Muslim/Arab World will be solved if they do not seem to be supporting only one side in the Middle East crisis. Only recently, 6 Palestine were killed, when the anniversary of Gaza bombardment was going on, and people see all these gory sights all over the world. That is the problem America is having. To be candid, if I were somebody in authority there, I would definitely look at the country’s foreign policy on the Middle East. No matter how influential some people are in the United States, they should look inwards to finding a solution to their security problem. Let them look at the situation, and ask themselves how they found themselves in this precarious position. They are the most popular people and country in the world before but now, the United States is becoming a centre of terrorist attacks. But, I maintain, it is not because of their power or money but due to some foreign policy lapses.[/b]

I doubt if people are actually reading the report or just making comments from the headlines. What has Jubril Aminu said that is not true could someone higlight it please.

People dont want lasting solution that is what i have come to realise, these terrorist in as much as what they do is deplorable are not mad people , they are actually intellgient folks and there must be a reason whay they dont have difficiculty finding recruits. Somebody might say no it is islam that is actually the problem but i wonder why the 1.7 billion muslims have not turned to suicide bombers.

The real issue is US foreign policy, The UK never had "muslim" terrorist attacks before the iraq qar and that is a fact but several extremist were living in Britain and there was actually harmony between them and the security forces and intelliegence officers. They knew they had somem extreme ideas but they were sure UK was not a target and they were right. Iraq war and 7/7 happened. Look at spain iraq war and the madrid bombings. Anyone one that fails to see the connection between foreign policy and terrorism must be living in a world of illusion.

I conclude by condemning terrorism of all forms 9/11 and the state terrorism of the US,UK in Iraq,Aghanistan and Pakistan and Israel in Palestine, 7/7 by al qaeda and its likes.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Lagosboy: 3:39pm On Jan 11, 2010
Beaf:

A journalist asked the chairman senate committe on foreign affairs a question and you say this undecided
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Beaf: 3:57pm On Jan 11, 2010
Lagosboy:

A journalist asked the chairman senate committe on foreign affairs a question and you say this  undecided

Some of you Muslims need to distil sentiment from logic.
A Nigerian has just attempted bombing a US plane for Middle East reasons. There have been riots in the North with the loss of several lives for reasons in the Middle East.
If you owe more allegiance to the Middle East than Nigeria, pack out and go there.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jan 11, 2010
Lagosboy:

I doubt if people are actually reading the report or just making comments from the headlines. What has Jubril Aminu said that is not true could someone higlight it please.

People dont want lasting solution that is what i have come to realise, these terrorist in as much as what they do is deplorable are not mad people , they are actually intellgient folks and there must be a reason whay they dont have difficiculty finding recruits. Somebody might say no it is islam that is actually the problem but i wonder why the 1.7 billion muslims have not turned to suicide bombers.

The real issue is US foreign policy, The UK never had "muslim" terrorist attacks before the iraq qar and that is a fact but several extremist were living in Britain and there was actually harmony between them and the security forces and intelliegence officers. They knew they had somem extreme ideas but they were sure UK was not a target and they were right. Iraq war and 7/7 happened. Look at spain iraq war and the madrid bombings. Anyone one that fails to see the connection between foreign policy and terrorism must be living in a world of illusion.

I conclude by condemning terrorism of all forms 9/11 and the state terrorism of the US,UK in Iraq,Aghanistan and Pakistan and Israel in Palestine, 7/7 by al qaeda and its likes.

Bros, I read the report and my question to oga Jibril is this:

I have accepted that America's policy is the reason for the terrorism against them, but I will like to know the policy of the non-Moslems in the North that provokes the internal terrorism against them.

Also, since it is about America and middle East, what has that got to do with the Mutallab guy who happens to be a Nigerian.

Thanks.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by wirinet(m): 4:21pm On Jan 11, 2010
noblezone:

I have accepted that America's policy is the reason for the terrorism against them, but I will like to know the policy of the non-Moslems in the North that provokes the internal terrorism against them.

Also, since it is about America and middle East, what has that got to do with the Mutallab guy who happens to be a Nigerian.

Thanks.

Thank you for asking oga Aminu and his co-supporters. Please ask him wetin concern us with American/ Arab conflict or is it Israeli/Palestinian conflict. Why would a Nigerian be ready to die for an Arab cause and not a Nigerian cause?
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by chidichris(m): 4:26pm On Jan 11, 2010

@lagosboy,
who is jubril aminu? is he true himself or fake?
a lot of ppl make sense when they are not talking rather than when they talk and ur aminu is one of them.
if that aminu wants to talk terrorism in the middle east and america, how does that concern us? don't u know that some brainless idiots go into the streets when fools like mainu talks.
the likes of aminu send other people's children rioting while his wards are studying abroad.
thank God sons of rich men now engage in international terrorism.
where ever his children are, they will hear him say such stupid things and then act on it when he only wants to encourage local terrorists.
in nigerian map, there is no middle east so what america does in the middle east shld not be our problem.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by idiopathic: 4:30pm On Jan 11, 2010
I am sick of Moslems always trying to justify their terrorist acts on innocent civillians. They are constantly looking for excuses, either they complain of being marginalised, deprived or blame US policies.

The truth is that Islam gooms their followers into a state of paranoia. They are constantly feeling threatened, victimised even when they are the oppressors.
Why don't other deprived people inflict death on others i.e american indians, tibetans and host of other monirities suffering injustice.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Lagosboy: 4:40pm On Jan 11, 2010
chidichris:

@lagosboy,
who is jubril aminu? is he true himself or fake?
a lot of ppl make sense when they are not talking rather than when they talk and your aminu is one of them.
if that aminu wants to talk terrorism in the middle east and america, how does that concern us? don't u know that some brainless idiots go into the streets when fools like mainu talks.
the likes of aminu send other people's children rioting while his wards are studying abroad.
thank God sons of rich men now engage in international terrorism.
where ever his children are, they will hear him say such silly things and then act on it when he only wants to encourage local terrorists.
in nigerian map, there is no middle east so what america does in the middle east shld not be our problem.

Dude i dont actuallly care who aminu is, as a matter of fact i dont like him and i think he his one of Nigerias problem and was an OBJ mouthpiece. But on this occassion he was right in his statement, you should note that i am not making excuses for faruks action and people should not class faruk as a normal nigerian, because this guy had been abroad since the age of 11 for secondary school and thinks himself globally more than locally.
noblezone:

I have accepted that America's policy is the reason for the terrorism against them, but I will like to know the policy of the non-Moslems in the North that provokes the internal terrorism against them. Also, since it is about America and middle East, what has that got to do with the Mutallab guy who happens to be a Nigerian.

Thanks.

The problem in the north i will always say is a developmental problem plus tribal before religion. Yes there are some religious problem but politicians use the uneducated in the society to achieve their selfish interest. The northern elite delibrately under educated their people for selfish reasons which is the main problem. Tribal clashes is all over africa and other parts of the world the north is no exception particularly Kaduna and Plateu states which is a mixture of tribes.

The so called internal terrorism was perpetrated by OPC guys on innocent hausas in Lagos when MKO died and others did it before them during the june 12 riots. OPC member were largely"muslim" and hausas muslims as well but they were fighting a tribal war and nothing more. It is the same way Ife fought modakeke in the mid 90s andthe same way urobhos(pardon me or is it ijaw) fought itshekiris in the 90s despite being from the same delta state. Thisinternal terorism is not exclusive to the north butit has been commmon there lately.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Lagosboy: 4:44pm On Jan 11, 2010
idiopathic:

I am sick of Moslems always trying to justify their terrorist acts on innocent civillians. They are constantly looking for excuses, either they complain of being marginalised, deprived or blame US policies.

The truth is that Islam gooms their followers into a state of paranoia. They are constantly feeling threatened, victimised even when they are the oppressors.
Why don't other deprived people inflict death on others i.e american indians, tibetans and host of other monirities suffering injustice.
Buddie, no one is making excuses and most muslims condemn terorist action but the issue here is identifying the root cause of the problem. Go view almost every suicide bombers last video and it is the same song they all sing - US,UK Israel foreign policy. why not let these state modify their foreign policy and let us see if terrorism will not reduce drastically.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by idiopathic: 5:00pm On Jan 11, 2010
Muslims always cite American policies in the Middle East. The elephant in the room is Islam's reluctance to co-exist with other groups who have a different faith from them.

Examples abound:

1) In south Thailand, there is an islamic insurgency that has resulted in beheading of numerous Bhuddists.

2)Phillipine is embroiled in Islamic insurrection with abu zayyad group wanting to impose sharia law in the south.

3) The muslim dominated regions of Russia - ,Chechen,  Ingushetia are fighting separatist wars using their most potent weapon- terrorism.

4) The small muslim speaking region of China(Hui people)  have been terrorising the chinese nation and seeking to split into a different nation.

5) Indian is still fighting Kashmiri terrorists since their independence in 1947

6) Sudan imposed sharia law on the whole nation, withought regard to the rights of the minority christain south.

7) Somalia and Yemen are failed islamic states.

cool Even Europe was not spared of this scourge. The Yugoslav war was in part due to the Bosnian moslems reluctance to be part of the federation.

9) Erithrean moslems engaged Ethiopia in a war not too long ago, as the moslems could not tolerate the majority Christian Ethiopia.

ARE ALL THESE CONFLICTS INVOLVING MOSLEMS due to American policy? The answer is a resounding NO.

Moslems are only contented when they can impose their will on you and treat you like a third class citizen as obtains in several islamic countries and sadly, including northern nigeria.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by bawomolo(m): 5:13pm On Jan 11, 2010
First of all, in pursuit of the cold war some nations of the world are being labeled as communist states or that. This was how the whole thing started and since then, they began to take positions. Remember the issue of NASA, Aswan Dam, and Volta River Dam etc. The most serious one at hand is the issue of the Middle East- the Palestinian issue. I believe and I told the Americans that 80 per cent of the problems they have with the Muslim/Arab World will be solved if they do not seem to be supporting only one side in the Middle East crisis. Only recently, 6 Palestine were killed, when the anniversary of Gaza bombardment was going on, and people see all these gory sights all over the world. That is the problem America is having. To be candid, if I were somebody in authority there, I would definitely look at the country’s foreign policy on the Middle East. No matter how influential some people are in the United States, they should look inwards to finding a solution to their security problem. Let them look at the situation, and ask themselves how they found themselves in this precarious position. They are the most popular people and country in the world before but now, the United States is becoming a centre of terrorist attacks. But, I maintain, it is not because of their power or money but due to some foreign policy lapses.

I guess terrorism exists because of the US supporting Israel.  Are terrorists in Indonesia blowing each other up because of the middle east conflict?
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Lagosboy: 5:30pm On Jan 11, 2010
idiopathic:

Muslims always cite American policies in the Middle East. The elephant in the room is Islam's reluctance to co-exist with other groups who have a different faith from them.

Buddie, various countries have different internal problems and all problems cannot be lumped into one category. That is the mistake several commentators make. We are discussing international terrorism on this thread not local problems or insrugencies. By international terrorism i mean terrorsm without borders affecting the US, UK and other western nations.

I would prefer we go discuss this in the foreign affairs section

1) In south Thailand, there is an islamic insurgency that has resulted in beheading of numerous Bhuddists.

Do you know south thailanders are malay and different in ethnicity to the normal thai?

3) The muslim dominated regions of Russia - ,Chechen,  Ingushetia are fighting separatist wars using their most potent weapon- terrorism.
Buddie do you actually know the origin of this problem , do you know the atrocities Russia commit in this countries including Georgia but you deliberatelyleft Gerogia out because it is not muslim?

4) The small muslim speaking region of China(Hui people)  have been terrorising the chinese nation and seeking to split into a different nation.

Dont insult our intelligence buddie, the urghus of China terrorising the mighty China? I wonder why the US cannot send the dozen of innocent urghus in guantanomo to China if not because of Chinese opression. I wonder why the US supports the cause of the urghus in China if they are terrorist.

5) Indian is still fighting Kashmiri terrorists since their independence in 1947

Buddie, again what do you know of this local conflict, Kasmiris are suddenly terrorist and Mighty india the victim , i wonder what you know of Pakistan, Bangladesh and India in 1947. I wonder if you now how pakistan got their independence and how East Pakistan became bangladesh. Buddie lets move to the FA secction to discuss this conflicts

6) Sudan imposed sharia law on the whole nation, withought regard to the rights of the minority christain south.

again the sudan proble is an internal problem and if you care to know there are more animist in the south of sudan than christian, I am not a fan of the sudanese govt either.

Please do you know the definition of an islamic state before you used the term, How do you call yemen an islamic state ? a sate that has had a dictator in power for 30 years and suported by the west ?  Somalia that the US went to distabilise in the early 90s "black hawk down". somalia that achieved stability by the UIC in 2006 and the US sent ethopia to go distablise only to come back to romance the then leader of the UIC sheikh Sharif . So much for US foreign policy!!

cool Even Europe was not spared of this scourge. The Yugoslav war was in part due to the Bosnian moslems reluctance to be part of the federation.

I do not want to laugh at you but really read this statement again and asses your objectivity, 500000 bosnian muslims were slaughtered while the UN watched , thousands of women despoiled and you still accuse the bosnian muslims of being partly the cause?  I wonder why Karadich or milosevich did wrong then.

9) Erithrean moslems engaged Ethiopia in a war not too long ago, as the moslems could not tolerate the majority Christian Ethiopia.

I can confidently conclude now that it is ignorance a d waek grasp of international affairs that makes you arrive at these examples of yours. Otherwise you will note that there are more muslims in Ethopia than eritrea and somalia combined. you will not that Eritrea has a large percentage of christains and you will note that eritrea was formerly part of ethopia.

Buddie, we could move to FA section discuss these issues in more detail if you want.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 11, 2010
idiopathic:

Examples abound:

2)Phillipine is embroiled in Islamic insurrection with abu zayyad group wanting to impose sharia law in the south.

ARE ALL THESE CONFLICTS INVOLVING MOSLEMS due to American policy? The answer is a resounding NO.

Moslems are only contented when they can impose their will on you and treat you like a third class citizen as obtains in several islamic countries and sadly, including northern nigeria.

You hit the nail SQUARELY on the head. Unfortunately i dont expect lagosboy to see the truth.

Jubril Aminu actually hinted on the REAL REASON islamic terrorists mainly target the US - I believe and I told the Americans that 80 per cent of the problems they have with the Muslim/Arab World will be solved if they do not seem to be supporting only one side in the Middle East crisis.

I remember posting a very similar comment on saturday. The REAL GOAL of the arabs is the destruction of Israel . . . the only US "foreign policy" problem they have is that the US and UK openly support and arm the Israeli state to defend itself.

Russia occupied Afghanistan for decades . . . i dont see any suicide bombers attacking them or their jetliners since Russia has NEVER for once supported the Israeli state.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by ElRazur: 5:42pm On Jan 11, 2010
The middle east have always been a boiling point and a volatile part of the globe since the time before Jesus. The issue of David and Goliath is one good example. But if it helps anyone cause to blame America as usual, please ride on. grin
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 11, 2010
Beaf:

Some of you Muslims need to distil sentiment from logic.
A Nigerian has just attempted bombing a US plane for Middle East reasons. There have been riots in the North with the loss of several lives for reasons in the Middle East.
If you owe more allegiance to the Middle East than Nigeria, pack out and go there.

Same problem i have with muslims who virulently oppose US foreign policy but prefer to live in the same USA anyway. One would think they'd be falling over themselves to immigrate to Saudi Arabia.

idiopathic:

and i thought i was the only one with the same feeling.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by ElRazur: 5:45pm On Jan 11, 2010
I noticed lagosboy is posting his usual posts filled with intelligence, common sense and logic. Awesome. undecided
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by idiopathic: 5:58pm On Jan 11, 2010
Lagosboy,
You can always advance a justification for all these conflicts involving moslems.
It doesn't take away from the fact that that moslems are disproportionately represented in the genesis of world conflicts.
In my view, this is because of their intolerance and resentment of others who don't share their ideology and worldview.

Can you compare the way non-moslems are treated in moslem dominated countries.
A typical example is India. After independence, you had a lot of Hindus living in present day Pakistan. But the discrimination meted out to them has over the years caused their (hindu) population in Pakistan to shrink.
On the other hand, moslems in India are thriving under the more tolerant hindu dominated government. They even produced a president (not PM).

You can see examples of this scenario in many countries where moslems dominate. They make laws that automatically relegate the minority christains/hindu etc to third class citizen.

This has been responsible for the growth of Islam in the more accommodating West while the discriminative laws in islamic/moslem dominated countries has resulted in dwindling population of minority religions (xtains, hindus etc).

Take Iraq for eg. The number of christians has plumetted because of persecution at the hands of islamists. The same can be said of Palestine especially since Hamas took over Gaza.

We are all witnesses to the hardship christians are facing in the north, since the introduction of sharia. Compare the treatment of christians in the north to the way moslems are treated in the south.

Yet, Moslems are the first to cry of marginalisation, injustice, discrimination etc. I have never known any group so hypocritical and so innately unfair.

So Lagosboy, my point is that Moslems should stop using American foreign policy as excuse for their terrorism. You guys are inherently resentful.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 11, 2010
Lagosboy:

Please do you know the definition of an islamic state before you used the term, How do you call yemen an islamic state ? a sate that has had a dictator in power for 30 years and suported by the west ?  Somalia that the US went to distabilise in the early 90s "black hawk down". somalia that achieved stability by the UIC in 2006 and the US sent ethopia to go distablise only to come back to romance the then leader of the UIC sheikh Sharif . So much for US foreign policy!!

Neither do you know the definition of an islamic state. You claim Yemen cannot be an islamic state because it has had a dictator in power for 30 yrs and supported by the West . . . well neither can Saudi Arabia be defined as an islamic state since it is supported by the west too and ruled by a dictatorial oligarchy!

To say the US went to destabilise Somalia in the 90s is bone-headed FALSEHOOD . . . Somalia degenerated into civil war in 1991 with the overthrow of President Barre . . . the US did not send soldiers as part of a peace-keeping mission (operation restore hope) until 1992 with most of them withdrawn by middle 1993. What is most silly about this falsehood though is that while VIRTUALLY ALL MUSLIMS remember "black hawk down" as a somali/islamic victory over the US (allegedly coming to destabilise Somalia), the very same rebels responsible for the killing of 19 US soldiers had earlier killed 80 Pakistani military officers who were part of the peace-keeping coalition a few months earlier.

Were those Pakistani soldiers also carrying out US-foreign policy of destabilising another islamic state?

Again we see the insiduous lies about the US trying to destabilise Somalia in 2006 . . . what the author fails to tell us is that there IS NO EVIDENCE of the US playing a role in an entirely local conflict between secular Mogadishu allied warlords and the ICU.

But of course lets just blame everything on that amorphous US foreign policy. Jubril Aminu should be ashamed of himself.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by sjeezy8: 6:09pm On Jan 11, 2010
There are some progressive countries like turkey which 98% are muslims but still want the country to remain secular.
I dont know why Nigeria got stuck with the majority of muslims stuck in the stone age. It doesnt make sense

Turskish girl

Northern Nigerian girl
[img]http://www.americansforunfpa.org/NetCommunity/view.image?Id=829[/img]

uppp turkish muslim girls
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Lagosboy: 6:25pm On Jan 11, 2010
idiopathic:

Lagosboy,
Can you compare the way non-moslems are treated in moslem dominated countries.
A typical example is India. After independence, you had a lot of Hindus living in present day Pakistan. But the discrimination meted out to them has over the years caused their (hindu) population in Pakistan to shrink.
On the other hand, moslems in India are thriving under the more tolerant hindu dominated government. They even produced a president (not PM).
You can see examples of this scenario in many countries where moslems dominate. They make laws that automatically relegate the minority christains/hindu etc to third class citizen.

So much so for the tolerance that led to the unprovoked destruction of the Babri mousque in india by the hindus. Buddie go read your map again , when pakistan left india it had a few hindus but a good number of sikhs due to the punjab.

This has been responsible for the growth of Islam in the more accommodating West while the discriminative laws in islamic/moslem dominated countries has resulted in dwindling population of minority religions (xtains, hindus etc).

It is high time we analyse issues in detail and separate muslim govts from muslim populace, majority of the muslim govts are backed and suported by the west so i do not get your statements about laws the relegate non muslims. Could you state exapmles please because hindus are only peculiar to india and pakistan is more of a secular state so you analysis i do not get.

Take Iraq for eg. The number of christians has plumetted because of persecution at the hands of islamists. The same can be said of Palestine especially since Hamas took over Gaza.

I do not know of any country in the world that had a vice president from a relgion or tribe with less than 2% of the population. The christians in iraq are less than 3% and Tariq Azeez a christian was the vice president under Saddam. The invasion of iraq led to terrorism and thriving of extremism.

Now there is no clashe between christians in palestine and muslims as they live in harmony and together fight the zionist opressors. Go to Bethlehem and see the humilation and opression the christians there face, Please can you state the discriminatory laws in Gaza between very few christians and muslims since hamas took power.

So Lagosboy, my point is that Moslems should stop using American foreign policy as excuse for their terrorism. You guys are inherently resentful.

Muslims dont use it as excuse but these are the reason sighted by every single international terrorist. Al qaeda was not in iraq before 2003 ,the US invaded and the country became a mess, suicide bombings werent happening in somalia before 2006 (althought they had internal problems) The US meddled in their affairs destabisied UIC and they more extreme ashabab was born.  Wherever the US goes they are unwelcomed in muslim countries they should change their policies I insist.

7/7 bombers British citizens sighted iraq war, 9/11 alqaeda sighted US presence on saudi soil and sanctions on iraq civilians together with support for israel, Madrid bombings they sightd iraq war, Nidal shooting palestinian problem, we could go and on.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 11, 2010
Lagosboy:

The problem in the north i will always say is a developmental problem plus tribal before religion. Yes there are some religious problem but politicians use the uneducated in the society to achieve their selfish interest. The northern elite delibrately under educated their people for selfish reasons which is the main problem. Tribal clashes is all over africa and other parts of the world the north is no exception particularly Kaduna and Plateu states which is a mixture of tribes.

The so called internal terrorism was perpetrated by OPC guys on innocent hausas in Lagos when MKO died and others did it before them during the june 12 riots. OPC member were largely"muslim" and hausas muslims as well but they were fighting a tribal war and nothing more. It is the same way Ife fought modakeke in the mid 90s andthe same way urobhos(pardon me or is it ijaw) fought itshekiris in the 90s despite being from the same delta state. Thisinternal terorism is not exclusive to the north butit has been commmon there lately.

Developmental? Tribal? before religion?
Well, whatever. My questions are yet to be answered.

1. Since it is America's policy in the Middle East that is responsible for terrorism, I will like to know how that became the business of Mutallab who happens to be a Nigeria, or is Middle East one of the 36 states of Nigeria?

2. Did you say developmental? Please, is the North the only part of Nigeria with developmental problem?
Did you saty tribal? If the North has problem with other tribes, then they should leave Nigeria or we shall be leave. Our blood has been shed enough for the so called "one" Nigeria.

3. Religion? Bros, if other religions are as intolerant like Islam, do you think Moslems will remain in Nigeria?

4. So OPC carried out their own terrorism during the MKO saga? Now tell me, was that not because of what the Fed Govt led by IBB did to their kinsman? What did non-Moslems do to the underdeveloped-tribalistic-beReligious problematic North that gives them the right to wake up any morning they like and start shedding blood of fellow Nigerians with shouts of "God is Great"?
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Lagosboy: 6:39pm On Jan 11, 2010
davidylan:

Neither do you know the definition of an islamic state. You claim Yemen cannot be an islamic state because it has had a dictator in power for 30 yrs and supported by the West . . . [b]well neither can Saudi Arabia be defined as an islamic state since it is supported by the west too and ruled by a dictatorial oligarchy![/b]To say the US went to destabilise Somalia in the 90s is bone-headed FALSEHOOD . . . Somalia degenerated into civil war in 1991 with the overthrow of President Barre . . . the US did not send soldiers as part of a peace-keeping mission (operation restore hope) until 1992 with most of them withdrawn by middle 1993. What is most silly about this falsehood though is that while VIRTUALLY ALL MUSLIMS remember "black hawk down" as a somali/islamic victory over the US (allegedly coming to destabilise Somalia), the very same rebels responsible for the killing of 19 US soldiers had earlier killed 80 Pakistani military officers who were part of the peace-keeping coalition a few months earlier.

Were those Pakistani soldiers also carrying out US-foreign policy of destabilising another islamic state?

Again we see the insiduous lies about the US trying to destabilise Somalia in 2006 . . . what the author fails to tell us is that there IS NO EVIDENCE of the US playing a role in an entirely local conflict between secular Mogadishu allied warlords and the ICU.

But of course lets just blame everything on that amorphous US foreign policy. Jubril Aminu should be ashamed of himself.

Old pal wink you might notice i deliberately have avoided replying to your posts on NL because of the history but i will respond to this one.

You should know me well by now, Saudi is a dicatorship state backed by the US I detes the royal house of Salut more than any other country in the world if you care to know. They worse than anyother muslim govt seconded only by Mubarak of egypt in my humble opinion and they are not an islamic state if you care to know. Yemen is on the same bracket with them a dictator. Mubarak is worse than saddam but a buddie of the US for obvious reasons. Why is the US not propmoting genuine democracy in the middle east like in countries like Egypt and Saudi arabia, why would they refuse to recognise the only free elections in the middle east in 2006 won by Hamas and critisicing Iran for not holding free elections. So much for double standard.

Buddie Saudi,Yemen, Egypt, Jordan and the govts of their likes are all evil regims that do not represent the aspirations of their people. It is a shame some folks do not understand me at all.

Talking of Somalia what was the business of the US there in the 90s , is somalia in north america?

You say the US did not play a role in 2006 , common dude you should have changed by now. It is an open secret the US support for Ethopia and US planes used in 2006. It is a known secret of the US administration publicly calling the UIC terrorist only to come back in 2008 to support Sheikh sharif . Hilary clinton went to meet him in Kenya common david the whole world knows this.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 11, 2010
Lagosboy:

It is high time we analyse issues in detail and separate muslim govts from muslim populace, [b]majority of the muslim govts are backed and suported by the west [/b]so i do not get your statements about laws the relegate non muslims.

Err can you dudes pls stop using this failed excuse? Majority of african govts are also backed and supported by the West, when are we going to start donning suicide vests? Who voted Ahmadinejad, HAMAS, Mubbarak, Assad to power? The west too?

Lagosboy:

I do not know of any country in the world that had a vice president from a relgion or tribe with less than 2% of the population. The christians in iraq are less than 3% and Tariq Azeez a christian was the vice president under Saddam. The invasion of iraq led to terrorism and thriving of extremism.

Tariq Azeez was an appointee of Saddam so your excuse holds no water. Go find out what sort of persecution Iraq's christians are now facing with the removal of Saddam Hussein. Care to find out how the christians (who once made up more than 65% of Lebanon's population) are now faring in Beirut?

Lagosboy:

Now t[b]here is no clashe between christians in palestine and muslims as they live in harmony and together fight the zionist opressors[/b]. Go to Bethlehem and see the humilation and opression the christians there face, Please can you state the discriminatory laws in Gaza between very few christians and muslims since hamas took power.

Another lie . . . you shot urself in the foot by mentioning Bethlehem.
According to Ottoman records . . . christians made up 65% of the population of Bethlehem in the 16th century with NO muslim presence as at 1700 (so much for the false arab claims to "palestine"wink.
By 1948, the christian population was 85% christian and 13% muslim . . . today the christian population is less than 20%. Your guess is as good as mine as to how that magically happened if christians and muslims are indeed living in harmony.

Lagosboy:

Muslims dont use it as excuse but these are the reason sighted by every single international terrorist.

We know that reason is deeply false. The truth is America's support for Israel. We dont see terrorists bombing Syria for occupying Lebanon for over 20yrs, we dont see terrorists bomb China for their clash with the Uighurs, we dont see terrorists bomb Russia even though they occupied the same Afghanistan for decades. We never saw terrorists bomb Iraq for the Iran-Iraq war or gassing thousands of kurds.

Lagosboy:

Al qaeda was not in iraq before 2003 ,the US invaded and the country became a mess

Al Qaeda wasnt in Iraq before 2003 primarily because of Saddam's ruthlessness and because al qaeda isnt really interested in fighting for the interests of muslims. Iraq became a mess because muslims prefer to kill themselves as long as it costs the life of at least one Jew or American.

Lagosboy:

suicide bombings werent happening in somalia before 2006 (althought they had internal problems) The US meddled in their affairs destabisied UIC and they more extreme ashabab was born.

I repeat . . . the US was NOT involved in the 2006 Somali crisis. Enough of the islamic penchant for misinformation.

Lagosboy:

Wherever the US goes they are unwelcomed in muslim countries they should change their policies I insist.

The problem isnt their policies i insist.

Lagosboy:

7/7 bombers British citizens sighted iraq war, 9/11 alqaeda sighted US presence on saudi soil and sanctions on iraq civilians together with support for israel, Madrid bombings they sightd iraq war, Nidal shooting palestinian problem, we could go and on.

All this is laughable nonsense . . .

For those suicide bombers who sighted the Iraq war - where were they during the Iran-Iraq war?
for those who sight US presence on Saudi soil - where were they when Iraq invaded Kuwait or when Russia invaded Afghanistan?
For those who sight Palestinian problem or support for Israel - these are the ones who at least are honest with the truth. Its all about islam's intolerance of a jewish state.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Lagosboy: 6:46pm On Jan 11, 2010
sjeezy8:

There are some progressive countries like turkey which 98% are muslims but still want the country to remain secular.
I dont know why Nigeria got stuck with the majority of muslims stuck in the stone age. It doesnt make sense

Turskish girl

Northern Nigerian girl
[img]http://www.americansforunfpa.org/NetCommunity/view.image?Id=829[/img]

uppp turkish muslim girls

Dude why not respect yourself and be civil, what has this poor girls picture got to do with the discussion at hand. what has this picture got to do with secualrism of turkey. Do you know the wife of Erodgan the Turkish  President wears the hijab as well. This is the kind of comments and posting actually irritating and disgusting and someone says there are no haters of islam around or haters of the northern muslims.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jan 11, 2010
Lagosboy:

So much so for the tolerance that led to the unprovoked destruction of the Babri mousque in india by the hindus. Buddie go read your map again , when pakistan left india it had a few hindus but a good number of sikhs due to the punjab.

It is high time we analyse issues in detail and separate muslim govts from muslim populace, majority of the muslim govts are backed and suported by the west so i do not get your statements about laws the relegate non muslims. Could you state exapmles please because hindus are only peculiar to india and pakistan is more of a secular state so you analysis i do not get.

Now there is no clashe between christians in palestine and muslims as they live in harmony and together fight the zionist opressors. Go to Bethlehem and see the humilation and opression the christians there face, Please can you state the discriminatory laws in Gaza between very few christians and muslims since hamas took power.

Muslims dont use it as excuse but these are the reason sighted by every single international terrorist. Al qaeda was not in iraq before 2003 ,the US invaded and the country became a mess, suicide bombings werent happening in somalia before 2006 (althought they had internal problems) The US meddled in their affairs destabisied UIC and they more extreme ashabab was born.  Wherever the US goes they are unwelcomed in muslim countries they should change their policies I insist.

The invation was consequencies of 9/11. Now if you say 9/11 was because of the presence of America in Saudi soil, please did America enter Saudi by force? Where they not welcomed by the Saudi authorities for the fear of Saddam who was terrorising the whole of Middle East as at then?

The 9/11 argument was the "presense of infidels in the Holy land". Was it not after Saddam annexed Kuati and was preparing for Saudi Arabia? You speak as we are aleins who just came down to earth.

Finally, if you insist that the problem of Northern Nigeria is illitracy, please tell me is Mutallab an illitrate?
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by montelik(m): 6:51pm On Jan 11, 2010
Some people will bury their head in the sand like ostriches, and continue to look for convenient excuses or diversions, so as not to face the truth. There is clearly a brand of extremist Islamic doctrine. How large this faction is amongst within the entire Islamic movement is debatable. But what is not debatable is the fact that this brand of violent, intolerant extremist Islamic sentiments is growing in size and influence . It is beginning to taint the entire Islamic religion whether some Muslims want to hear it or not. After all why are there some Islamic states who don't riot over non-issues, kill innocents people, support or sponsor terrorism. It is because these countries have rejected this brand of extremist Islam. The truth is that some so-called moderate Muslims in certain areas are not willing to realize that one rotten fruit if not quickly destroyed, will spoil an entire batch. So long as some continue to look for  convenient excuses they only end up providing passive support for the what they claim to condemn. This brand of extremist Islam has been in Nigeria for a while and we have continued to ignore it. Now it is slowly beginning to bear fruit. We need to start weeding it out before it does more damage.
Re: America’s Middle East Policy Responsible For Terrorism – Jibril Aminu by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 11, 2010
Lagosboy:

Old pal wink you might notice i deliberately have avoided replying to your posts on NL because of the history but i will respond to this one.

Its best you avoid my posts because i will consistently pick apart your posts that are riddled with too many ridiculous lies. They are an insult to the intelligent reader.

Lagosboy:

You should know me well by now, Saudi is a dicatorship state backed by the US I detes the royal house of Salut more than any other country in the world if you care to know.

I regard this as a stupid statement. The Saudi government has ALWAYS been a dictatorship state WAY BEFORE the US even noticed their existence. Perhaps their problem is not so much US backing as their own retrogressive, stone age ideas.

Lagosboy:

They worse than anyother muslim govt seconded only by Mubarak of egypt in my humble opinion and they are not an islamic state if you care to know.

which means no islamic state exists. Thank you for informing us.

Lagosboy:

Mubarak is worse than saddam but a buddie of the US for obvious reasons. Why is the US not propmoting genuine democracy in the middle east like in countries like Egypt and Saudi arabia

What a fool. when the US tries to promote democracy in Iran . . . it is called meddling and an excuse to bomb a US airlines jet no?

Lagosboy:

why would they refuse to recognise the only free elections in the middle east in 2006 won by Hamas and critisicing Iran for not holding free elections. So much for double standard.

the US has EVERY RIGHT to NOT recognise the "free (s)elections" in Gaza. HAMAS refuse to recognise Israel but you of course see no problem with that . . . rather you bleat about the US not recognising HAMAS?

Should the world have recognised the "free elections" that brought Hitler to power?

Lagosboy:

Buddie Saudi,Yemen, Egypt, Jordan and the govts of their likes are all evil regims that do not represent the aspirations of their people. It is a shame some folks do not understand me at all.

That is the fault of the US too? Including the fact that Jordan is an oligarchy that existed way before US involvement? You're just a ridiculous joke.

Lagosboy:

Talking of Somalia what was the business of the US there in the 90s , is somalia in north america?

Stupid. They were there as part of an allied peace-keeping coalition that also included Pakistani troops (you know pakistan is a muslim nation right?).

Lagosboy:

You say the US did not play a role in 2006 , common dude you should have changed by now. It is an open secret the US support for Ethopia and US planes used in 2006. It is a known secret of the US administration publicly calling the UIC terrorist only to come back in 2008 to support Sheikh sharif . Hilary clinton went to meet him in Kenya common david the whole world knows this.

Conspiracy theories do not a fact make.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uniform Men Are Lords In Lagos / Fg And States Share $1 Billion Secretly. / Why Are The Moderators Deleting Posts That Are Pro Gej? Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.