Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) (22072 Views)

NADDC Director-General, Jelani Aliyu Visits Innoson In Nnewi / Pictures Of Chevrolet Volt Designed By Jelani Aliyu, The New DG Of NADDC / Who Is Jelani Aliyu? Buhari’s Newly Appointed Head Of Automotive Council (2) (3) (4)

Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by ProfDumbledor(m): 3:50pm On May 15, 2017
nervegasfarts:

As much as I appreciate good things coming out of Africa, I am tired of all the internet motivation craze going on! This Jelaini guy is claimed to have designed the Chevy Volt. His name is not on wikipedia as one of the designers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_Volt

FYI, Philip Emeagwali is NOT the father of the internet. Please google Tim Berners-Lee. Mr. Emeagwali managed to win $1000 in a competition about reservoir flow(oil and gas people, chemical engineers etc will know about this). His PhD topic wasn't even approved.

I hate to burst your bubble, but when I see how we ascribe other people's work to Africans, just to look good, I wonder if there is so much mediocrity and paucity of ideas in the land in terms of science and tech.

We have great guys in music, finance, management, etc, the world over...but in tech, (as in real tech frontiers, not hacking up websites), I still think we are very behind. Reasons are not very far fetched sha. There is no light, no security, no hospitals, no potable water....how could we think about tech?
Are u okay? How does your argument on Emeagwali being the father of internet relate to the issue I raised?
Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by dallyemmy: 3:53pm On May 15, 2017
Move us to the next level Jelani

Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by nervegasfarts: 3:53pm On May 15, 2017
Prof. no offence meant! Just making a point....its a free country, afterall

ProfDumbledor:

Are u okay? How does your argument on Emeagwali being the father of internet relate to the issue I raised?
Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by ProfDumbledor(m): 3:57pm On May 15, 2017
nervegasfarts:
Prof. no offence meant! Just making a point....its a free country, afterall

Noted.
Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by fulanimafia: 4:01pm On May 15, 2017
nervegasfarts:

As much as I appreciate good things coming out of Africa, I am tired of all the internet motivation craze going on! This Jelaini guy is claimed to have designed the Chevy Volt. His name is not on wikipedia as one of the designers:

Wikipedia is editable and user creatable. Patent certificates and numbers are not.

Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by nervegasfarts: 4:17pm On May 15, 2017
FulaniMafia, thanks for this! Raises my hopes for the country.

fulanimafia:
Wikipedia is editable and user creatable. Patent certificates and numbers are not.

Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by Ibraheemmawa(m): 4:57pm On May 15, 2017
StephDamielola:
Congratulations.
My Advise
1. Do not Abuse Public Office
2. Do not Misappropriate Public Funds
3. Use your Office to Affect Lives Positively
Kind Regards cheesy
yap am in love with ur comment
Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by ivolt: 5:25pm On May 15, 2017
nervegasfarts:

FYI, Philip Emeagwali is NOT the father of the internet. Please google Tim Berners-Lee. Mr. Emeagwali managed to win $1000 in a competition about reservoir flow(oil and gas people, chemical engineers etc will know about this). His PhD topic wasn't even approved.

I hate to burst your bubble, but when I see how we ascribe other people's work to Africans, just to look good, I wonder if there is so much mediocrity and paucity of ideas in the land in terms of science and tech.

We have great guys in music, finance, management, etc, the world over...but in tech, (as in real tech frontiers, not hacking up websites), I still think we are very behind. Reasons are not very far fetched sha. There is no light, no security, no hospitals, no potable water....how could we think about tech?

Don't mind them, due to paucity of technology achievements, africans
will cling to any reported breakthrough by an african even if it is a
fraudulent claim such as the case of Emeagwali and if you disagree,
they will say you hate Africa.
Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by mechanics(m): 5:25pm On May 15, 2017
Wish him a nice stay during his tenure.
Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 15, 2017
nervegasfarts:

The only genuine person we have is Akintoye Akinmade MIT who turned down NEC job.
Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by Organs(m): 5:49pm On May 15, 2017
nervegasfarts:

You are part of corruption for posting misleading information. You said Jelani Aliu is not mentioned as part of Chevy Volt designers.... now can you list the names of designers mentioned? No designer was mentioned. I checked other cars and their designers were not mentioned either. So why lie that his name was not mentioned "amongst the names of designers", We shout that Govt is corrupt! Who is is govt? Nobi weee weee? Bad belle people dem, dem.

Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by Organs(m): 5:50pm On May 15, 2017
jerseyboy:

The only genuine person we have is Akintoye Akinmade MIT who turned down NEC job.

Based on your shallow and limited knowledge..........

Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by calaway: 5:51pm On May 15, 2017
Once again Nigeria tows the path of mediocrity.. Innosing motors already manufactures cars in Nigeria instead of nepotistic government to give innoson motors all the support and encouragement they are bringing a man who knows nothing of the Nigeria environment and a mere staff of an American company with no understanding of what works and is available in this cesspit of a nothernocracy and worse still his claim to designing the volt is only valid in Nigeria
Three people lay claim on record as the designer s of the volt. He is one of three and he only assisted the lead designer. But innoson lays claim to more than 15 designs already tried and tested on the Nigerian roads

Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by omogidi234(m): 6:46pm On May 15, 2017
StephDamielola:
Congratulations.

My Advise

Kind Regards cheesy

Good advice.

However, even though the best of men is still​ a man, I don't expect him to be carried away with the small allocation to NADDC

The reason being that he has lived​ the last 20 years of his life or thereabout in the US, in fact, you would almost not know he is a Nigerian of Northern extraction when he speaks. He is one of the great designers at GM Motors, where he earns cool money, I mean cool money. With all of these attributes, I don't expect him to loose focus.

Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 15, 2017
People like you give hope to this Hopeless Country..,Impressed.

StephDamielola:
Congratulations.

My Advise

Kind Regards cheesy
Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by Tisham20(m): 7:00pm On May 15, 2017
won't the wailers criticise this one abi una 4get say na northerner

Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 15, 2017
Laburos:
People like you give hope to this Hopeless Country..,Impressed.

Thank you Sir
Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by edgecution(m): 7:40pm On May 15, 2017
nervegasfarts:

You know nothing. I live in Motor City and you can ask any auto mobile industry worker about Jelani. He's a well known and reputable Car Designer. Ask them in GM,Ford or Chrysler . Nobody beat that guy in Detroit. He is what they say he is.

Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by camaraderi(m): 7:43pm On May 15, 2017
Guys, I need clarification. I heard this guy designed the chevy volt but from wikipedia, there is no mention of jelani aliyu. Or was he part of the team that designed it? If he was part of the team, his name should be mentioned but there is none. I think the guy is lying

Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by edgecution(m): 7:43pm On May 15, 2017
ProfDumbledor:

No mind am. For your info he's free to come back to his job in GM anytime he feels like because they didn't want him to leave.

Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by Coldfaya(m): 8:14pm On May 15, 2017
I piety you sir. they will just confuse him and smear his name. Nigeria no like better thinh

Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by enemyofprogress: 8:29pm On May 15, 2017
See him looking abokish
Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by guysis(m): 8:53pm On May 15, 2017
Burgerlomo:
Dem 4 just leave this man jejely for GM because I no wan make dem ruin his good name with dis dia appointment through dia corruption.
I think he needs to seek Barth Nnaji's counsel on this one.

Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by Burgerlomo: 9:24pm On May 15, 2017
guysis:

I think he needs to seek Barth Nnaji's counsel on this one.

I hope the counseling will help him.
Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by fidkaitoo: 10:06pm On May 15, 2017
Congratulations Engr. Jalani Aliyu. Welcome to Nigeria and to NADDC.
Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by Tedassie(m): 1:53am On May 16, 2017
Jelani in the mixxxx!!!!!
Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by guru03(m): 7:01am On May 16, 2017
ogunsj:
dem used Jonathan swear for you or e juju never leave you? idiot.

I think u are a greater idiot, if u can understand my statement.
Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by nigeriafarmer: 1:36pm On May 20, 2017
[img][/img]
AutoJoshNG:
Following his recent appointment by President Muhammadu Buhari, Mr. Jelani Aliyu today Monday May 15, 2017 formally assumed office as the Director General of National Automotive Design and Development Council (NADDC).

The Acting Director General, Mr. Luqman Mamudu handed over the leadership baton to Mr. Aliyu at a brief ceremony witnessed by the entire management team of the Council.

Mr. Jelani Aliyu was warmly received with excitements and high hopes by the entire management and staff of NADDC for a most fulfilling tenure and renewed impetus in the implementation of the Nigerian Automotive Industry Development Plan (NAIDP) as well as other programmes and activities of the Council.

https://autojosh.com/naddc/

those people sitting with him in that council I know they can't even design a hoe

Re: Jelani Aliyu Of General Motors Assumes Office As Director Of NADDC Today(photos) by nigeriafarmer: 1:39pm On May 20, 2017
camaraderi:
Guys, I need clarification. I heard this guy designed the chevy volt but from wikipedia, there is no mention of jelani aliyu. Or was he part of the team that designed it? If he was part of the team, his name should be mentioned but there is none. I think the guy is lying
I can edit that wikipedia and put my name there as the designer

For Those Of You Who Love To Drive Through Flood Water / 11 Interesting Facts About BENTLEY You Should Know / How Do You Stop A Car That Failed Brake ?