Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,884 members, 7,838,173 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

A Man Claiming To Be Yar'adua Speaks To The Bbc - Next News - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Man Claiming To Be Yar'adua Speaks To The Bbc - Next News (981 Views)

Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others / Video: Sanusi Speaks To CNN On Boko Haram Joining ISIS, Corruption In Nigeria / Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man Claiming To Be Yar'adua Speaks To The Bbc - Next News by blacksta(m): 12:31pm On Jan 12, 2010
Exactly 50 days after he disappeared from public view on a medical trip to Saudi Arabia, the British Broadcasting Corporation BBC is reporting that it spoke to a man purporting to be Nigeria's president, Umaru Musa Yar'Adua. The one minute clip which has been used in various programmes and can be accessed via the BBC ‘s website has a man who presented himself as the president saying he is recuperating , "at the moment I am undergoing treatment, and I'm getting better from the treatment. I hope that very soon there will be tremendous progress, which will allow me to get back home."

However there has been no independent verification of the authenticity of the voice on the tape.

The BBC story is coming on the back of a story by NEXT reporting that President Yar'Adua is brain damaged and unable to function as president.

In reaction to the BBC report, NEXT editors said, ‘'we stand by our story, to wit: we have it on good authority that the president has suffered brain damage and other impairments, and is no longer able to effectively discharge the office of president.

Anyone who claims we are wrong should please produce our president, so that he can speak to us directly as Nigerians, and not via an audio clip through a foreign news organization.''

NEXT also said it is willing to immediately dispatch journalists to meet the president in Saudi Arabia as soon as his kitchen cabinet permits access to him. ‘'We would like to see for ourselves and talk directly to our president.

This is one occasion where we would be happily wrong. So we call on those keeping the president hidden from the Nigerian people to produce him immediately for all to see'' The media organisation said.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5510776-146/a_man_claiming_to_be_yaradua.csp
Re: A Man Claiming To Be Yar'adua Speaks To The Bbc - Next News by blacksta(m): 12:31pm On Jan 12, 2010
I would like to commend Next News for their bravery.
Re: A Man Claiming To Be Yar'adua Speaks To The Bbc - Next News by Kx: 12:33pm On Jan 12, 2010
Journalists and NLanders united for truth.

I have always believed that BBC phoney call was arrangee.
Bravo NEXT 234.
Re: A Man Claiming To Be Yar'adua Speaks To The Bbc - Next News by saintneo(m): 12:52pm On Jan 12, 2010
[size=18pt]Excellent Reply.

This is what I am talking about.
[/size]
Re: A Man Claiming To Be Yar'adua Speaks To The Bbc - Next News by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 12, 2010
I never for ones believed that artcile from BBC.

It just did not sound right to me.
Re: A Man Claiming To Be Yar'adua Speaks To The Bbc - Next News by Gbawe: 1:16pm On Jan 12, 2010
saintneo:

[size=18pt]Excellent Reply.

This is what I am talking about.
[/size]

Indeed !!! This is the time to bravely call out the deceitful tyrants who want to hold Nigeria hostage for their own selfish agenda !!!! Until we see absolute proof we should not be too quick to believe that a man who ignored us for 48 days is now suddenly well enough to 'speak' to us. We all know Yardy has a brother in the Army. It has been touted that a military option may involve Yar Adua's brother taking over in a "Senior Role" to keep the Yar Adua's in power. This would not be strange given the current and dangerous trend in our politics whereby an outgoing leader would replace himself with a loyal stooge !!!

With our Country, especially given how many never see wrongdoing when it is our sibling/family involved , it is probable that Yardy's brother would not need to be arm-twisted before he signs up to a plot to keep his family in power by all means !!!!

My point?

Me and my elder brother sound exactly alike. Many brothers don't sound alike but many brothers do to the point of being almost identical !!!  I can phone my brother's employer and pretend to be him and vice versa !!!Given the capacity for deciet the Yar Adua government has shown , how can Nigerians be sure it was not Yar Adua's brother we listened to ? The onus to prove Yar Adua's wellbeing should not fall on us . It is Yar Adua's lying and shameless Government that should prove beyond doubt that Yar Adua is alive and that he can continue , mentally and physically, as President of Nigeria !!!.
Re: A Man Claiming To Be Yar'adua Speaks To The Bbc - Next News by Beaf: 1:21pm On Jan 12, 2010
Re: A Man Claiming To Be Yar'adua Speaks To The Bbc - Next News by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jan 12, 2010
Ive not even bother to give him that benefit of doubt by listening to the dubious
phone interview.

It was never meant for us, it was meant for BBC listeners, because how many  Nigerians listen to the BBC.

Bunch of deceitful people angry angry
Re: A Man Claiming To Be Yar'adua Speaks To The Bbc - Next News by Dammyray(m): 1:37pm On Jan 12, 2010
ilugunboy:

Ive not even bother to give him that benefit of doubt by listening to the dubious
phone interview.

It was never meant for us, it was meant for BBC listeners, because how many  Nigerians listen to the BBC.

Bunch of deceitful people angry angry

Abiooo, who told him i have BBC at home?
Re: A Man Claiming To Be Yar'adua Speaks To The Bbc - Next News by YourMum: 1:51pm On Jan 12, 2010
You guys are funny. grin cheesy
Re: A Man Claiming To Be Yar'adua Speaks To The Bbc - Next News by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 12, 2010
The government of UMY probably thinks we are all fools.

If UMY was inded strong enough for a 52 minutes audio annoucement he could have as well gone for a live video broadcast, which would have done more for him politically.

And is he just making the speech after 50 days of utter silence

The day of reckoning is at hand, it is more disheartening to know that the likes of Dora and the Adeniyi (or what's advicer guy called) re involved in massive cover-up.,
Re: A Man Claiming To Be Yar'adua Speaks To The Bbc - Next News by sjeezy8: 4:04pm On Jan 12, 2010
Nigeria is one BIG JOKE I TELL YOU!

They claimed He talked to bbc news, why not Nigerian news stations or American ones cnn, msnbc about mutallab. smh

shameless people in that govt
Re: A Man Claiming To Be Yar'adua Speaks To The Bbc - Next News by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 12, 2010
Its unbelievable the lengths these people will go to hang on to power. I listened to the clip and I am not convinced. if they think by them calling the BBC and spouting this rubbish, it will give them credence, then they really are imbeciles. Was it just that 1 MINUTE CLIP Did the BBC correspondent even ask any questions? How come we did'nt hear any 2 way conversation between the president and the BBC? Why did'nt "our president" call the NTA instead via a video link? We're in the technological age where anything is possible. Please don't continue to insult our intelligence. Like Next234 stated, this is one occasion I would gladly be proved wrong. And you know what really made me laugh? The bit at the end where "our president" sent a goodluck message to the football team in Angola, for heaven's sakes, this guy really is a slowpoke, with all that is happening in Nigeria ( almuttalab, petrol shortages etc etc), this is what is priority in his mind!! God, they really think we are mugus.
Re: A Man Claiming To Be Yar'adua Speaks To The Bbc - Next News by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 12, 2010
We are actually mugus otherwise all these won't be happening
Re: A Man Claiming To Be Yar'adua Speaks To The Bbc - Next News by foyeks2001(f): 4:42pm On Jan 12, 2010
Xavier.:

We are actually mugus otherwise all these won't be happening

u are rite jare
Re: A Man Claiming To Be Yar'adua Speaks To The Bbc - Next News by Jakumo(m): 5:28pm On Jan 12, 2010
With inspiration from the Elvis Presley classic  "Heartbreak Hotel", may I humbly submit this timely tune.

Well since Yar'Dua left us
we found a new place to dwell
Its where we love that phoney news

Its called the   Fake Death Hotel
Well, Where's Yar Aduaaa  ?
Where's Yar Adua? I don't know

They say he went to Saudi
To stop looking like a ghost
Now noone knows if he's live or dead
With more sightings than of The King

Well     Where's Yar Aduaaaa ?
Re: A Man Claiming To Be Yar'adua Speaks To The Bbc - Next News by xterra2(m): 5:35pm On Jan 12, 2010
I dont believe thats him also,anyone who listens to the president speeches alot will know that this certainly aint him, Youtube is there to compare this voice against yaradua owns voice,
Whoever this idiot is he should be locked in jail for this nonsense.
So now nigerians are DUMB that they do not know the voice of the president
very Funny this should be in the jokes section cause this is actually funny to me  grin grin grin grin how the idiot think he will deceive nigerians tongue tongue lipsrsealed cry
Re: A Man Claiming To Be Yar'adua Speaks To The Bbc - Next News by ajilete(f): 5:46pm On Jan 12, 2010
Jakumo:

With inspiration from the Elvis Presley classic  "Heartbreak Hotel", may I humbly submit this timely tune.

Well since Yar'Dua left us
we found a new place to dwell
Its where we love that phoney news

Its called the   Fake Death Hotel
Well, Where's Yar Aduaaa  ?

They say he went to Saudi
To stop looking like a ghost
Now noone knows if he's live or dead
With more sightings than of The King

Well     Where's Yar Aduaaaa ?

@Jakumo - Genius.
also ''Ladies and gentlemen, Yaradua has left the building.''

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria May Get More States Soon / 3 G - Goodluck For Good Governance! / OK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.