Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,070 members, 7,811,003 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

"Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators (15469 Views)

Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB / Your Praise Singers Are Your Worst Enemies — Emir Sanusi Tells Buhari / Begin Election Boycott Campaign In Your States — Bianca Ojukwu Tells Agitators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by ahmedkoded95(m): 10:41pm On May 15, 2017
Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi ll has said that Nigeria will remain one and indivisible country.

He appealed to those agitating for the country’s split to have a rethink.

Sanusi said this on Monday when he received the newly installed Garkuwan Hausawa in Ogun, Otunba Rotimi Paseda, in his palace.

Emir Sanusi said if Nigerians respect each other, they would continue to remain as one entity irrespective of their tribes, religion and cultural differences.

“This is what we, the traditional rulers are promoting among our subjects. So, we should ignore our difference and help in building one country.”

He called on Hausa community residing outside the North to respect the culture, tradition and norms of their host communities for peaceful co-existence.

“You should be good ambassadors of the north and ensure that you leave in peace and harmony with your host communities. Nigeria will remain one and indivisible country and Nigerians will continue to be one family".

“I was delighted when I learnt of your goodwill to Hausa people in Ogun state. I am not surprise of the good testimonies I hear about you taking cognizance of the fact that you are from a ruling house.

“Oba Awujale of Ijebu Land is my personal friend. We have enjoyed a long-standing relationship; and I feel happy for the role you are playing as the Garkuwan Hausawa to ensure cordial relationship between my people and the Yorubas.”

The Garkuwan Hausawa, Otunba Rotimi Paseda, said he was at the palace to pay homage to Emir Sanusi and receive his blessings as the newly crowned Garkuwan Hausawa.

Paseda, also the national leader of Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN) said, he had enjoyed fruitful relationship with the Hausa people living in Ogun state.

“They are my brothers. I ensure that they are happy and I can testify to you that they have remained good ambassadors of the Hausa race in the state.

“They live in peace with us and I will ensure that the status quo is maintained,” he added.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/05/15/nigeria-will-never-split-emir-sanusi-tells-agitators/?utm_source=dlvr.it_dp1&utm_medium=facebook

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by HARMYMY(f): 10:44pm On May 15, 2017
Huh I smell ftp. True Talk
Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by TRUTH2020: 10:45pm On May 15, 2017
The guy day fear na northern CABALS Don show am something now tune Don change

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by ourema(f): 10:46pm On May 15, 2017
Don't be too confident of the nation in divisibility. Life has always thought me never to be optimistic about issues like Nigeria remaining together

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by Jostico: 10:49pm On May 15, 2017
you know or else your People Will beg in thé street till Dey die

21 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by limeta(f): 10:54pm On May 15, 2017
This should be in the joke section
Nigeria will never split, who are you to tell people how to live their life.
Buhari is not my president and you are not my emir so fu8k you .

145 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 15, 2017
grin
TRUTH2020:
grin
TRUTH2020:
Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by Igboesika: 11:01pm On May 15, 2017
Coming from a ROYAL UNITY BEGGAR himself.

Bloody parasite !!

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by thesicilian: 11:17pm On May 15, 2017
Of course the northerners benefit more from One Nigeria so naturally they'll all be against any secession.

26 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by timecapsule: 11:20pm On May 15, 2017
OK, can the northerners return NIGERIA as it is after independent (i mean regional government)?. But if not, to your tent oh NIGERIA

10 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by ZombiePUNISHER: 11:22pm On May 15, 2017
thesicilian:
Of course the northerners benefit more from One Nigeria so naturally they'll all be against any secession.
For more than 3 decades
They have ruled this country and designed evrything to their favour
Getting more out of Nigeria than any other region but still has the highest number of destitutes and paupers
The parasites of Nigeria are shameless

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by Nobody: 11:28pm On May 15, 2017
Sanusi, if so sure, why so scared to conduct a referendum ?

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by Cjrane2: 11:43pm On May 15, 2017
Shebi na you go use your hand hold am because you are god?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by Cjrane2: 11:44pm On May 15, 2017
wizzyrich:
Sanusi, if so sure, why so scared to conduct a referendum ?

Referendum or not, Nigeria will split and they already know it.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by TheKingdom: 11:53pm On May 15, 2017
Mr Sanusi that is under probe by kano state, can you tell us what "Nigeria" means...other than the white man's fantasy zoo to exploit.

30 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by deedeedee1: 12:47am On May 16, 2017
It is not by force to live together. Countries dont grow like this. The only reason why africa cannot develop is because of too much diversity, not because of poor leadership. Tribalism is same as patriotism. When you have patriotic citizens, then corruption dies. We call it tribalism because we live in a diverse country. China with a population of 1.35 billion people does not have 300 ethnic groups. They have 56, with the largest(han chinese) occupying 92 percent of the country while minorities are 8 percent. The black man really need to think like human and stop being ignorant. Our ignorance has kept us backward. You cant put three majority ethnic groups with similar population percentage in a country and expect such country to grow. You just cant!!! They will always fight for superiority. There is a reason why nigeria has failed in every aspect. The yoruba people, igbo and hausa are almost 40 million each. This is enough to form different prosperous countries. Let us stop being ignorant like our fathers and grandfathers were. If we follow their path, our children will suffer more than we are today.

115 Likes 14 Shares

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by PapaBrowne(m): 1:20am On May 16, 2017
Instead of just using mouth to say Nigeria will never split, why not start reviewing the fault lines to ensure that the existing cracks don't result in a split.

Imagine a building whose foundation is weak. The adult occupants keep telling the children, this house will never split and yet everyday the already cracking walls keep widening.

Instead of calling an engineer to assess the foundation, you keep saying this house would never split for the simple fact that you are the builder.

One day when the cracks are wide enough, just a little rain and the whole house would come down with all the belongings!

Nigeria is a sitting timebomb. And it's sad that while it's so easy to diffuse, some old men stuck in the idea of the 60s & 70s just keep repeating the rhetoric "Nigeria will never split".

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by FriendNG: 1:20am On May 16, 2017
Hahaha. Look at the hypocrites that support Sunusi when he speak against the north, are now insulting him. Shame on you illiterates.

7 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by PapaBrowne(m): 1:25am On May 16, 2017
FriendNG:
Hahaha. Look at the hypocrites that support Sunusi when he speak against the north, are now insulting him. Shame on you illiterates.

To think that U see Sanusi's truthful advise to the north as speaking against the North is very sad!

He spoke the truth and that truth he spoke is the truth that if the north heeds would help finally set it free from the hang on other peoples resources.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by Agumbaa: 1:34am On May 16, 2017
FriendNG:

Because he spoke against the north, they started probing from up and down, everywhere, governor wants to probe, Kano Anti corruption board wants to probe, House of Assembly wants to probe, he was made to apologize to the governor.
That is typical human for u, he has been subdued, and he has to start singing the tune of his benefactors, which is rubbish one nigeria and pretending all is well.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by mykelmeezy: 1:46am On May 16, 2017
sentiment aside

either true federalism and scrapping of nass occurs

or

Nigeria should break up

the parasite and host relationship lord luggard created isnt helping any region

19 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by legitnow: 1:54am On May 16, 2017
Nigeria will never split becos the North is poor?

If we gave the north oil and gas from the south, will u be happy to share the revenue with the south and also share one country with Christians?

We already know the North want one Nigeria but it takes two willing associate to retain a united indivisible nation.

Nigeria will divide if the North fails to reach out to the south to ascertain jointly, how best to remain united.

Nigeria is nothing special, Great Britain is on the verge of breaking further as Scotland demand referendum, following Ireland exit.

Do i need to remind u that they created and insist on Nigeria unity? Nigeria have once divide and it can happen again.

25 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by Desyner: 1:59am On May 16, 2017
He has subtly aligned with his northern elite by going after their no 1 enemy and nightmare. Smart emir. Give them what they want to hear and they will soften their probe of him.

2 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by ItsMeAboki(m): 2:02am On May 16, 2017
thesicilian:

Utter rubbish, believe that propaganda at your peril when the time comes.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by knowledgeable: 2:13am On May 16, 2017
ahmedkoded95:
Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi ll has said that Nigeria will remain one and indivisible country.

He appealed to those agitating for the country’s split to have a rethink.

Sanusi said this on Monday when he received the newly installed Garkuwan Hausawa in Ogun, Otunba Rotimi Paseda, in his palace.

Emir Sanusi said if Nigerians respect each other, they would continue to remain as one entity irrespective of their tribes, religion and cultural differences.

“This is what we, the traditional rulers are promoting among our subjects. So, we should ignore our difference and help in building one country.”

He called on Hausa community residing outside the North to respect the culture, tradition and norms of their host communities for peaceful co-existence.

“You should be good ambassadors of the north and ensure that you leave in peace and harmony with your host communities. Nigeria will remain one and indivisible country and Nigerians will continue to be one family".

“I was delighted when I learnt of your goodwill to Hausa people in Ogun state. I am not surprise of the good testimonies I hear about you taking cognizance of the fact that you are from a ruling house.

“Oba Awujale of Ijebu Land is my personal friend. We have enjoyed a long-standing relationship; and I feel happy for the role you are playing as the Garkuwan Hausawa to ensure cordial relationship between my people and the Yorubas.”

The Garkuwan Hausawa, Otunba Rotimi Paseda, said he was at the palace to pay homage to Emir Sanusi and receive his blessings as the newly crowned Garkuwan Hausawa.

Paseda, also the national leader of Unity Party of Nigeria (UPN) said, he had enjoyed fruitful relationship with the Hausa people living in Ogun state.

“They are my brothers. I ensure that they are happy and I can testify to you that they have remained good ambassadors of the Hausa race in the state.

“They live in peace with us and I will ensure that the status quo is maintained,” he added.

Respect of one's culture or living in peace by the Hausas/Fulanis living outside the North are not enough to transform/modernize/industrialize or develop Nigeria period. The dysfunctional political structure needs to be restructured asp.

Cc lalasticlala Mynd44

http://dailypost.ng/2017/05/15/nigeria-will-never-split-emir-sanusi-tells-agitators/?utm_source=dlvr.it_dp1&utm_medium=facebook
Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by Nobody: 2:22am On May 16, 2017
TRUTH2020:

exactly what I was about to say... the guy is now singing the anthem to keep his throne...
this goes a long way to show if the youths don't wake up to realities...
we'll still be going round circles in this country.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by rosebowl01(m): 2:29am On May 16, 2017
timecapsule:
OK, can the northerners return NIGERIA as it is after independent (i mean regional government)?. But if not, to your tent oh NIGERIA

Do you by any chance know who canceled the regional system, and introduced the central system as it currently is?

4 Likes

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by dealslip(f): 3:25am On May 16, 2017
rosebowl01:

Do you by any chance know who canceled the regional system, and introduced the central system as it currently is?
Aguiyi Ironsi did. It amazes how people don't know their history and assume alot of things just because they can't have what they want

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by madridguy(m): 3:56am On May 16, 2017
Team one Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OSUN RE-RUN;PDP In South West Kick, Alleges Compromised By The Security Agencies / Oyo Is Technically Bankrupt - Governor Makinde / CAC Extends 50% Cut For Biz Registration Fee By 3 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.