Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,856 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

"Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators (15480 Views)

Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB / Your Praise Singers Are Your Worst Enemies — Emir Sanusi Tells Buhari / Begin Election Boycott Campaign In Your States — Bianca Ojukwu Tells Agitators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by NovusHomo(m): 12:22pm On May 16, 2017
All you hear is "my people", never "my Country." SAD!
Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by VeecThorr(m): 2:12pm On May 16, 2017
For those of you who don't know, Nigeria is a country of many nations. Secession is inevitable.
Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by ifysimple(f): 2:21pm On May 16, 2017
Never say never
Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by freethesheeple(m): 3:43pm On May 16, 2017
deedeedee1:
It is not by force to live together. Countries dont grow like this. The only reason why africa cannot develop is because of too much diversity, not because of poor leadership. Tribalism is same as patriotism. When you have patriotic citizens, then corruption dies. We call it tribalism because we live in a diverse country. China with a population of 1.35 billion people does not have 300 ethnic groups. They have 56, with the largest(han chinese) occupying 92 percent of the country while minorities are 8 percent. The black man really need to think like human and stop being ignorant. Our ignorance has kept us backward. You cant put three majority ethnic groups with similar population percentage in a country and expect such country to grow. You just cant!!! They will always fight for superiority. There is a reason why nigeria has failed in every aspect. The yoruba people, igbo and hausa are almost 40 million each. This is enough to form different prosperous countries. Let us stop being ignorant like our fathers and grandfathers were. If we follow their path, our children will suffer more than we are today.

its only the Hauses who are Ignorant while the Yorubas are servant and igbos slaves
Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by Dedetwo(m): 4:57pm On May 16, 2017
If Nigeria fails to split, it will remain perpetually backward as testified by a Ugandan minister.
Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by Okoroawusa: 5:33pm On May 16, 2017
ZombiePUNISHER:

For more than 3 decades
They have ruled this country and designed evrything to their favour
Getting more out of Nigeria than any other region but still has the highest number of destitutes and paupers
The parasites of Nigeria are shameless
3 decades ago?...where ve u been?
Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by seniwellsFX: 6:14pm On May 16, 2017
dealslip:

Aguiyi Ironsi did. It amazes how people don't know their history and assume alot of things just because they can't have what they want
it's very surprising to see adults reason in a one dimensional context. So if aguiyi Ironsi in his own wisdom then made the federating units to become a unit and after 50years we seem not to make any progress as a nation. Is'nt it wise for us to look for a way to correct things about our country? Especially with the fact that we all seem to have an idea of why Nigeria has not being the country our forefathers visioned it to be and also what we as Nigerians want it to be. So if a father makes an error due to his judgement of yesterday,the son should not look for a way to correct that error. Even when the mistake of the father has made life miserable for the son. Hmm...Na wa for some of ona for nairaland Sha..
Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by dealslip(f): 6:41pm On May 16, 2017
seniwellsFX:
it's very surprising to see adults reason in a one dimensional context. So if aguiyi Ironsi in his own wisdom then made the federating units to become a unit and after 50years we seem not to make any progress as a nation. Is'nt it wise for us to look for a way to correct things about our country? Especially with the fact that we all seem to have an idea of why Nigeria has not being the country our forefathers visioned it to be and also what we as Nigerians want it to be. So if a father makes an error due to his judgement of yesterday,the son should not look for a way to correct that error. Even when the mistake of the father has made life miserable for the son. Hmm...Na wa for some of ona for nairaland Sha..

you seems not to focus on the content of my debate with the guy, he said it was the northerners that initiated the Federal system of govt and went on abusing them for causing Nigeria's backwardness. what I did was to simply educate him on who really did. it would be unfair to accuse the North for what Aguiyi Ironsi did especially were it is a false one. Whether Nigeria should be restructured or not was not my bone of contention. As an adult, you need to weigh things from all angle before you give judgement. If you have followed my stance on this forum, I have always been a proponent of restructuring or dividing, which ever is convinient for Nigeria at the moment.

1 Like

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by rosebowl01(m): 10:21pm On May 16, 2017
dealslip:

Aguiyi Ironsi did. It amazes how people don't know their history and assume alot of things just because they can't have what they want

Thank you. I dunno why ibos like cherry picking facts, and gets emotional over others not agreeing with their ways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by rosebowl01(m): 10:28pm On May 16, 2017
sorry1:
So, because it was done by a Southerner we should stick to it? Bro, shove sentiment aside and start living!!! Be a man and start making a decision that will benefit you and your future generation and stop relying on the mistakes of your forefathers.

Nigeria is not working and the least you could do is to support anything that could push it forward. Are you happy with the way the rich politicians are feeding on the poor masses using tribal sentiments as key? reason bro, reason!

You made good points, but as usual, you're mixing facts and emotions to get these points across. I asked this question because your brother earlier claimed that northerners centralized the government. If you know how to reason like you advised, you would have addressed/corrected your brother's lie, before making an input on the way forward.
We all want a better Nigeria. I personally want the country to divide, but does not mean I will do so by throwing my integrity to the gutter.
Reason bro, reason!

"[b]So, because it was done by a Southerner [/b]we should stick to it? Bro, shove sentiment aside and start living!!! Be a man and start making a decision that will benefit you and your future generation and stop relying on the mistakes of your forefathers."

...it was not just done by a southerner, it was done by the same people that are claiming to be "Lions", yet victims of marginalization by the people they referred to as "rats". weird or what?
Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by rosebowl01(m): 10:57pm On May 16, 2017
dealslip:

you seems not to focus on the content of my debate with the guy, he said it was the northerners that initiated the Federal system of govt and went on abusing them for causing Nigeria's backwardness. what I did was to simply educate him on who really did. it would be unfair to accuse the North for what Aguiyi Ironsi did especially were it is a false one. Whether Nigeria should be restructured or not was not my bone of contention. As an adult, you need to weigh things from all angle before you give judgement. If you have followed my stance on this forum, I have always been a proponent of restructuring or dividing, which ever is convinient for Nigeria at the moment.

I tire o. The way they just argue about things sometimes makes one wonder what is wrong with them.
Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by timecapsule: 12:07am On May 17, 2017
Wat we will be asking now is a better way forward for this country, but not who cause this or that. Between regional and central, which of them will work better for Nigeria now.....?

CHANGE is what is constance in life and we are in a government of CHANGE!!!!!

rosebowl01:

Do you by any chance know who canceled the regional system, and introduced the central system as it currently is?
Re: "Nigeria Will Never Split" – Emir Sanusi Tells Agitators by murmee: 9:08am On May 17, 2017
For the very first time on Nairaland, the Southern Nairalanders are speaking with one voice. This is commendable! The secret of liberating the South from the North lies only on Southern Unity. The South wants progress and development and therefore must push vigorously to demand for the Restructuring of Nigeria. Enough of this backwardness!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo Reacts To Pdp's Apology To Nigerians (pics) / Okada Riders Protest In Benue As Ortom Hits Them With N5,500 Levy (Photos) / Daura Emirate To Turban Buhari’s Son, Yusuf

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.