Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo (21875 Views)

Paul Unongo Resigns As Northern Elders Forum Chairman / Fulani Herdsmen: Northern Elders Disown Paul Unongo Over Comment On Atiku / "Atiku Is The Chief Financier Of Fulani Herdsmen" - Paul Unongo, NEF Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by MasterChen: 12:38pm On May 20, 2017
fulanimafia:
World developers at it again cheesy.Developing and raising the IGR everywhere else apart from parasitic Iboland grin grin cc:masterchen

What do you know? They were the ones who helped develop the Serengeti as well. Haven't you seen this?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by orisa37: 12:44pm On May 20, 2017
Nigeria is fast collapsing. Jonathan has done his best. Let's stop further deterioration. China sells and when China devalues the U.S.is annoyed. Nigeria buys and when Nigeria devalues, the U.S. rejoices.
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by dragonking2: 12:45pm On May 20, 2017
omenkaLives:
Unongo et al, were in the government House the other day for the Benue stake holders meeting, and to my utter disappointment, none of them could tell the useless governor the truth about his maladministration you except Ochi Idioma!

Shame on Benue elders!

Meanwhile, here is me and my bae. We tied the knot just minutes ago in a secret ceremony.. My wheelbarrow really came in handy.

Please wish our union luck..
Kudos, at least you are now talking against your governor. But delta State government worse past all these governors. I will open a thread on it tomorrow.
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by petchi: 12:51pm On May 20, 2017
sarrki:
Every progressive and friends of Nigeria worked against him

Only wicked enemies of the state supported him
Who washed your brain? if you have one.
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by Rawani: 12:53pm On May 20, 2017
seguno2:

Why are you bragging about your ignorance?
IGR increase can be from EXPANDING the scope of taxation and levies with no correlation with any change in the economic activities of the state. That is why I said it is squeezing money from the people without adding anything to them in education of all children to generate future income.
I don't need to do any research. Sanusi did the research already.
But how do you think businesses or individuals that are not thriving or prospering can afford to pay increased taxes without folding up if increased taxes and not economic prosperity is your argument? This forum has truly gone to the dogs.

2 Likes

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by fulanimafia: 1:10pm On May 20, 2017
MasterChen:

What do you know? They were the ones who helped develop the serengeti as well. Haven't you seen this?

Ha ha ha ha I knew you'd deliver bruh grin grin Awon developers of the universe grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by TheDirectorate: 1:11pm On May 20, 2017
ipobsarefools:
[s][/s]
Shatap there and get out. Igbos are foolish illiterates. Ojukwu is a dead lizard. Bianca is enjoying ffk. Ffk is greater than Ojukwu, Kanu, zik and all Igbos touts.

Careful.
By your posts you are courting trouble.
Better desist, Or it shall be proven to you that you are not as anonymous as you believe
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by Egalitarian1: 1:17pm On May 20, 2017
Stupid and gullible southerners in APC how Marley to all of una? You now see that there's always a skeleton in the cupboard ! Wise up
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by TheDirectorate: 1:17pm On May 20, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:
Did you even read the post? It smells of north north and north. It has no nigerian state outlook as you try to depict. They were only after north not about nigeria. And the same guy they accuse carried the north along while he abandoned his own zone. I remember when an attack on boko haram was an attack against the north and the man simply left attacking boko haram so he wont attack the beloved north. Why do these elders now turn around to accuse him of abandoning north to thier fate meanwhile its buhari, junaid mohd and ango abdulahi dat made him take that stance

Mind how you go about bandying people's names about without accurate and sufficient facts. This forum does not give you a licence to defame people.

1 Like

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by Funlord2(m): 1:30pm On May 20, 2017
TheDirectorate:

Careful.
By your posts you are courting trouble.
Better desist, Or it shall be proven to you that you are not as anonymous as you believe
A word is enough for the wise.

Hey you....you are warning him because he is a yoruba guy that has probably hurt your feelings I guess? Why don't you send this your same meaningless warnings to that moniker that belongs to that ipob miscreant with over 25 accounts that he quoted who only knows how to spam threads with the following foolish quotes:

1. Otu nne

2. Nonsense trash

3. Thunder scatter buhari insha allah

4. Obiano is a vagabond

5. Osibanjo is a bastard!

Or has ethnicity made you blind to the folly of your kinsmen?

2 Likes

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by seguno2: 1:35pm On May 20, 2017
fulanimafia:
Unfortunately for you the breakdown was given and taxes made up just about 60 percent of the generated IGR which rubbishes your assertion. Furthermore there has been no news regarding the increase of taxes in the aforementioned states which further exposes the emptiness of your submission. I'd advise you to agitate for your SE governor's be proactive about boosting your embarrassing IGR and stop waiting for monthly allocations from Abuja in the most mind boggling parasitic manner.

Obviously the monthly allocations from Abuja is the groundnut oil revenue from the north abi?
60% is just?
Is your mathematics knowledge also deficient?
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by win2kwire: 1:36pm On May 20, 2017
sweetgala:

Shall I include OBJ who they unilaterally installed and got re-elected even when OBJ waged war on some of the northern political elite.
There is not one politician in SW more culturally Yoruba than Baba Iyabo

Get it right pls.
If there is one time northerners caved in to southern demands it is the aftermath of Abiola's death and Abacha's barbarism...Northerners did not only face Yoruba backlash but global outrage - OBJ is nothing but a peace offering for that!
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by seguno2: 1:38pm On May 20, 2017
Rawani:
But how do you think businesses or individuals that are not thriving or prospering can afford to pay increased taxes without folding up if increased taxes and not economic prosperity is your argument? This forum has truly gone to the dogs.

I said increase the tax coverage, meaning that those who were not paying taxes before will be made to pay according to the law. It is not about increasing taxes from individuals or businesses. No.
It is about increasing the number of individuals and businesses who pay taxes adequately and properly.
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by VagileVictor(m): 1:48pm On May 20, 2017
Government of the North, by the North and for the North. You will soon cry for power again since all the persons you trusts and unanimously brings or votes to power are lifelessly incapacitated.

1 Like

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by fulanimafia: 1:55pm On May 20, 2017
seguno2:

Obviously the monthly allocations from Abuja is the groundnut oil revenue from the north abi?
60% is just?
Is your mathematics knowledge also deficient?
Actually in the sense that agricultural proceeds make up a significant(though not the major) part of our national revenue(over 30 percent contribution to GDP) then you're nearly correct. What's definite however is that the 0.8 percent of our total oil output gotten from the SE coupled with your lowest IGR status cements your status as the most parasitic geo political zone in the country. Try to answer the question below you were asked before quibbling about my semantics around percentages.
Rawani:

1 Like

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 20, 2017
sarrki:

http://sunnewsonline.com/why-northern-leaders-worked-against-jonathans-govt-paul-unongo/

The greatest slaves of northern nigeria are the Benue people. Paul unongo has never criticized the numerous fulani invasion of benue state but he can speak about jonathan. Shame.
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by Ogalanyachieze: 1:58pm On May 20, 2017
TheDirectorate:

Mind how you go about bandying people's names about without accurate and sufficient facts. This forum does not give you a licence to defame people.
like who and who you mean
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by Rawani: 2:24pm On May 20, 2017
seguno2:

I said increase the tax coverage, meaning that those who were not paying taxes before will be made to pay according to the law. It is not about increasing taxes from individuals or businesses. No.
It is about increasing the number of individuals and businesses who pay taxes adequately and properly.
What facts do you have that Kano and Kaduna states increased their tax coverage between 2015 and 2016? Or are you just making statements out of thin air?

1 Like

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by Rainmaker69(m): 2:34pm On May 20, 2017
Are we still on this topic? This is 2017 for crying out loud! Armchair analysts seeking relevance by all means.
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by seguno2: 3:33pm On May 20, 2017
fulanimafia:
Actually in the sense that agricultural proceeds make up a significant(though not the major) part of our national revenue(over 30 percent contribution to GDP) then you're nearly correct. What's definite however is that the 0.8 percent of our total oil output gotten from the SE coupled with your lowest IGR status cements your status as the most parasitic geo political zone in the country. Try to answer the question below you were asked before quibbling about my semantics around percentages.

So in your mind that 24% is all from the north since there is no agriculture in the south?
Do you have cocoa and palm trees growing in the north?

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/gdp-from-agriculture

http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2016/04/14/agricultural-sector-contribution-to-gdp-now-at-24-18-cbn/
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by fulanimafia: 3:45pm On May 20, 2017
seguno2:

So in your mind that 24% is all from the north since there is no agriculture in the south?
Do you have cocoa and palm trees growing in the north?

http://www.tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/gdp-from-agriculture

http://www.financialwatchngr.com/2016/04/14/agricultural-sector-contribution-to-gdp-now-at-24-18-cbn/
Since you're so passionate about the components of agriculture's contribution to GDP then you should research the Norths contribution like I did for the SE with regards to its insignificant contribution to our oil revenue. If it's also insignificant hit me with facts and if it isn't just swerve from my mentions because this is getting boring.

1 Like

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by seguno2: 3:54pm On May 20, 2017
fulanimafia:
Since you're so passionate about the components of agriculture's contribution to GDP then you should research the Norths contribution like I did for the SE with regards to its insignificant contribution to our oil revenue. If it's also insignificant hit me with facts and if it isn't just swerve from my mentions because this is getting boring.

I already showed easily, with links, that you lied about something as general as the national contribution of agriculture to our GDP from "over 30%" to 24% in 2016 that has declined subsequently.
It is obvious that your more specific information would be more gargantuan lies.
I can imagine that rigorous information sharing would be boring to someone who peddles lies the way that Aisha was peddling akara during Buhari's campaign.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by augustine: 5:08pm On May 20, 2017
Gravas:
Pls, can anyone from Benue post actions or comments made by Elder Paul Unongo concerning the unjustifiable attacks by fulani terrorists in Benue State?
Its either they are supporting PMB's govt or discrediting GEJ. Our elders have lost focus. Very sad.
Don't mind that Paul Unongo.belt He is one of the middle belt region Afonjas.
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by springtech(m): 5:34pm On May 20, 2017
Watching all of you in 9D.

I make money legally, I smile home daily.
Its called wise work. Yes I believe in hardwork. But now I believe more in smart work.
To know more check my signature.
My Target: To make 20M on or before December 2017.
So help me God.
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by irsakant: 7:26pm On May 20, 2017
He's talking for the north, then why “One Nigeria?” The best thing is to divide this country and each part go pursue its destiny.
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by Eshinwaju: 7:44pm On May 20, 2017
fulanimafia:
Or maybe you should just invest in a good pair of glasses.

You write well sometimes even if prejudiced but....clean your glasses and recalculate the figures and then consider whether your wrong assertion still makes sense
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by pappicole(m): 9:41pm On May 20, 2017
[quote author=OBAGADAFFI post=56695183]For those shouting one Nigeria.

[b]We went to the United States and confronted the United States Administration and explained our position to them. And all these were done in the context of our firm belief that when the North is united, Nigeria becomes united. That when Nigeria has a crisis and the North is together, the Nigerian crisis can be better solved. And this Kano was the very place we came and issued out that document called “the Kano Declaration” KANO DECLARATION! Kano is now capital of Nigeria abi. I think is high time Yorubas and Igbo comes together and cut off this parasite called northern's state and done with one Nigeria cheat!
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by bukynkwuenu: 12:32am On May 21, 2017
fulanimafia:
World developers at it again cheesy.Developing and raising the IGR everywhere else apart from parasitic Iboland grin grin cc:masterchen

fool laugh at your stupidity.....u need to be in anambra....enugu.... or imo before you showcase your gworo lavished tooth......

poor son of a poor pedophile father
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by sweetgala(m): 3:38pm On May 24, 2017
win2kwire:

Get it right pls.
If there is one time northerners caved in to southern demands it is the aftermath of Abiola's death and Abacha's barbarism...Northerners did not only face Yoruba backlash but global outrage - OBJ is nothing but a peace offering for that!

OBJ peace offering ! You don't know Nigerian politics
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by sweetgala(m): 3:40pm On May 24, 2017
newbornmacho:

You are so naive. Or maybe mischievous! Boko haram is an Islamic army arranged to aid Hausa Fulani political agenda.

I marvel your stupidity, do you also dream of unicorns at night
Re: Why Northern Leaders Worked Against Jonathan’s Govt – Paul Unongo by APRIDE(m): 4:11pm On May 24, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:
For those shouting one Nigeria.

We went to the United States and confronted the United States Administration and explained our position to them. And all these were done in the context of our firm belief that when the North is united, Nigeria becomes united. That when Nigeria has a crisis and the North is together, the Nigerian crisis can be better solved. And this Kano was the very place we came and issued out that document called “the Kano Declaration”

And yet the 'snaky' Afonjas joined them in their course

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Calls Out Course Rep Contesting For Imo House Of Assembly / Dasukigate: EFCC Arrests Azibaola Roberts / Why Senate Can’t Impeach Buhari – Senator Ahmed Lawan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.