Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,284 members, 7,954,127 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:45 PM

Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs (32323 Views)

Why Is Rochas Claiming The Shell $3.5b Gas Plant As Part Of His Achievements? / See What Some Nigerians Are Claiming They Saw After Buhari Was Announced Winner / Why Is The Apc Bent On Returning The Presedency To Northern Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by bkbaybe99: 12:47am On Jan 14, 2010
Ok, another interesting discovery I made recently about the entity called Nigeria; The Niger Delta Region DOES NOT belong to the ibos. I have always  been under the misconception that it belonged to them, thus, their constant complaints of being wronged, marginalized, and cheated. I also, wrongly, assumed that the militants in The Niger-Delta was made up of  the Ibos. This begs the question, if the Region does not belong to the ibos, why are they hell bent on taking it as theirs?!? Articles I've read since show clearly that the Ibos have the Region in their plans when they finally leave Nigeria. Will they be better 'masters' to the Niger-Deltans (if Nigeria splits) than the Northerners presently are to them? I doubt that any group in Nigeria would want to join a new nation where they will be the clear minority.

The argument that happened this past weekend pitted two Niger-Deltans (one was from Port-Harcourt in Bayelse state, i think. I jotted all this down so if I make any mistakes in spelling forgive me) against 3 ibos (family members) and a yoruba friend who came with the ibos who surprisingly (or maybe not) took sides with the Niger-Deltans (I called them 'deltans' and they took umbrage. They explained that they arent Deltans; I dont remember now their explanation.lol). I dont think the ibo guys will be friends with the yoruba  anymore after this weekend's argument.

Anyways, the ibos insisted that the Niger Delta had no choice but to come with them if a Biafran nation was declared tommorrow; the Niger Deltans vehemently opposed this and stated that they would rather die than go form a nation with majority ibos. The ibos retort was , then die they would because come hail or sleet the Niger Delta wasnt going anywhere but with Biafra. Their statements shocked me!!! How can you force a people, that has fears of discrimination, to come with you??!?! To go do what, go back into the slavery they are running from? The Niger Deltans said they would never go with the ibos but would instead set up their own nation, OR, they would join a nation of other minorities of some states in present day Nigeria. According to them, discussions are already underway for these minority states to form their own nation (advantage being that there wont be a clear majority) independent of all the major tribes in Nigeria in the even of the inevitable split that is bound to soon engulf the nation.

The Yoruba guy insisted that the Niger-Delta had the choice to go 'on its own' if they didnt want to be part of Biafra; of course our Ibo buddies didnt find his statement funny in anyway. Furthermore, he informed us that one of the reasons Ojukwu was quick to go to war was because he had every intention of controlling the oil of the indigenous Niger Deltans. I was shocked (although I think I've heard something to this effect before) because if his claims were true, that means Ojukwe clearly had selfish motives for planning a war against its more powerful Nigerian neighbors.

So, Im asking a simple question, if the Niger Delta does not belong to the Ibos why do they have their eyes on it? Why do they invoke it, always , in their cries for a seperate state? Someone please explain!!!!

9 Likes

Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by ikeyman00(m): 12:50am On Jan 14, 2010
thunder

whoever worship the traces of a white skin should never be taken seriously

neveeeeeeeeer!!!

sort it fool
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by asha80(m): 12:53am On Jan 14, 2010
Poster go and read books about nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by edwin101: 1:00am On Jan 14, 2010
ill-informed poster angry

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by mamagee3(f): 1:03am On Jan 14, 2010
Poster, name one Igbo that remembers "Niger Delta"
And I'll show you a jobless Igbo man

6 Likes

Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by aloyemeka7: 1:03am On Jan 14, 2010
Another cheap attempt to start Igbo vs Ijaw war. Are you getting tired of Igbo vs Yoruba wars on nairaland or are you getting tired of your serial igbo bashing here?

Get a day job please. Who said the ND belongs to igbos. Assuming it belongs to Igbos, what will they do with it?. If Niger Delta belongs to you, what will you do with it?.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by bkbaybe99: 1:10am On Jan 14, 2010
aloy*emeka:

Another cheap attempt to start Igbo vs Ijaw war. Are you getting tired of Igbo vs Yoruba wars on nairaland or are you getting tired of your serial igbo bashing here?

Get a day job please. Who said the ND belongs to igbos. Assuming it belongs to Igbos, what will they do with it?. If Niger Delta belongs to you, what will you do with it?.

At times I dont know if ure really this silly, or youre just trying to redeem your image as a known tribalist by accusing everyone else of tribalism. First, according to u, I hate Ibos, then u accused me of hating Yorubas, now its back to me hating Ibos. Dude get a life, I asked a simple question. You dont got an answer, go get some lotion, locate a public bathroom, lock the door, then start jerking off, get discovered because your moans are too loud then get hauled off to jail.

mama-gee:

Poster, name one Igbo that remembers "Niger Delta"
And I'll show you a jobless Igbo man

You notice youre the equivalent of the village clown with all your responses that neva make sense?

asha 80:

Poster go and read books about nigeria.

i try to!!!

edwin101:

ill-informed poster angry

I neva claimed I was an expert in Nigerian studies, Im learning about the country. Im sure u see that I quoted your 'brothers'; so they misinformed me then.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by cap28: 1:11am On Jan 14, 2010
@bk baybe 99 you sound really naive - for any ethnic group in nigeria to think that they can just secede and take the oil wells with them is the biggest joke of the century.  Ask yourself this question - why and how did nigeria defeat biafra in the civil war.  Yes i agree that Ojukwu waged a war for selfish motives (i am igbo btw) but in my view the war was orchestrated by britain.  any ethnic group which intends to secede with the oil reserves will need to understand that they will have to fight a war against britain and america possibly a guerilla war as militarily i dont think any ethnic group in nigeria is sufficiently armed to defend themselves or wage war against the military might of those two.

There is no way the West will tolerate the transfer of power to another ethnic group unless they either sanction it or are defeated in armed struggle.

after all they put their  stooges (the hausa fulani oligarcy) in charge for a reason - what makes you think they will willing allow another group to take control.  Wake up!!! Nigeria is a puppet nation to the United States and Britain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Beaf: 1:16am On Jan 14, 2010
bk_baybe99:

At times I dont know if ure really this silly, or youre just trying to redeem your image as a known tribalist by accusing everyone else of tribalism. First, according to u, I hate Ibos, then u accused me of hating Yorubas, now its back to me hating Ibos. Dude get a life, I asked a simple question. You dont got an answer, go get some lotion, locate a public bathroom, lock the door, then start jerking off, get discovered because your moans are too loud then get hauled off to jail.
i try to
[size=14pt]
No you just hate Nigerians. [/size][size=21pt]Why don't you just Bleep off to your country?[/size][size=14pt] You are not Nigerian, so why hang around us if you aren't mad? You have overstepped your bounds.[/size]
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Onlytruth(m): 1:19am On Jan 14, 2010
OP
What is Niger delta? Can you define its territory or its tribal make up?
You come from the cockoo-land to share land in the east. angry and when we listen to you, you steal our oil.
Your divide and rule will not work this time.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Beaf: 1:20am On Jan 14, 2010
Onlytruth:

OP
What is Niger delta? Can you define its territory or its tribal make up?
You come from the cockoo-land to share land in the east. angry and when we listen to you, you steal our oil.
Your divide and rule will not work this time.

This i'diot is not even a Nigerian! He is a bloody Latino!
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by bkbaybe99: 1:21am On Jan 14, 2010
Beaf:

[size=14pt]
No you just hate Nigerians. [/size][size=21pt]Why don't you just Bleep off to your country?[/size][size=14pt] You are not Nigerian, so why hang around us if you aren't mad? You have overstepped your bounds.[/size]

Hahahahaha, here come my man wit the mad cow disease. Now I hate Nigerians? lol. hahahahha. As usual, the cry of 'wolf' when even a fly is not around. lol. Now I ask something which, judging from yall reactions, is true, look at all the names I'm being called. Oh, now ure Nigerian? Remember when u used to cry that u were Biafran?lol. Now, he hates the course of the discussion he has turned patriotic. Joker!!!!
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Beaf: 1:23am On Jan 14, 2010
bk_baybe99:

Hahahahaha, here come my man wit the mad cow disease. Now I hate Nigerians? lol. hahahahha. As usual, the cry of 'wolf' when even a fly is not around. lol. Now I ask something which, judging from yall reactions, is true, look at all the names I'm being called. Oh, now ure Nigerian? Remember when u used to cry that u were Biafran?lol. Now, he hates the course of the discussion he has turned patriotic. Joker!!!!

You are a f'ool and a mere maggot.
I am from the Niger Delta, I am not Igbo and have never been Biafran. You are a bastar'd.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Onlytruth(m): 1:24am On Jan 14, 2010
Beaf:

Oh! My bad! he escaped from the Mexican drug wars! grin
I slam a caveat emptor on him then.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Beaf: 1:26am On Jan 14, 2010
Onlytruth:

Oh! My bad! he escaped from the Mexican drug wars! grin
I slam a caveat emptor on him then.

Exactly, he comes here and starts talking his racist crap all the time. The f'ool has been banned many times, but he keeps coming back like a leach.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by bkbaybe99: 1:30am On Jan 14, 2010
Beaf:

Exactly, he comes here and starts talking his racist crap all the time. The f'ool has been banned many times, but he keeps coming back like a leach.

Now Im a racist? lol. Well, I always thot Niger Deltans were ibos so forgive my ignorance. Beaf, u CLEARLY ARE IBO!!!! I dunno who u think u fooling. Answer the question or buzz off!!! Enlighten me or go suck on a big fat one!!! m.o.r.o.n!!!!
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Beaf: 1:32am On Jan 14, 2010
bk_baybe99:

Now Im a racist? lol. Well, I always thot Niger Deltans were ibos so forgive my ignorance. Beaf, u CLEARLY ARE IBO!!!! I dunno who u think u fooling. Answer the question or buzz off!!! Enlighten me or go suck on a big fat one!!! m.o.r.o.n!!!!

Ask your mother who your father is.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by WilyWily7: 1:32am On Jan 14, 2010
Another propaganda post from a stupid Yorubaman.
Woe unto Yoruba, the people with serpent mouth.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by metalgong5(m): 1:35am On Jan 14, 2010
bk_baybe99:

Ok, another interesting discovery I made recently about the entity called Nigeria; The Niger Delta Region DOES NOT belong to the ibos. I have always  been under the misconception that it belonged to them, thus, their constant complaints of being wronged, marginalized, and cheated. I also, wrongly, assumed that the militants in The Niger-Delta was made up of  the Ibos. This begs the question, if the Region does not belong to the ibos, why are they hell bent on taking it as theirs?!? Articles I've read since show clearly that the Ibos have the Region in their plans when they finally leave Nigeria. Will they be better 'masters' to the Niger-Deltans (if Nigeria splits) than the Northerners presently are to them? I doubt that any group in Nigeria would want to join a new nation where they will be the clear minority.

The argument that happened this past weekend pitted two Niger-Deltans (one was from Port-Harcourt in Bayelse state, i think. I jotted all this down so if I make any mistakes in spelling forgive me) against 3 ibos (family members) and a yoruba friend who came with the ibos who surprisingly (or maybe not) took sides with the Niger-Deltans (I called them 'deltans' and they took umbrage. They explained that they arent Deltans; I dont remember now their explanation.lol). I dont think the ibo guys will be friends with the yoruba  anymore after this weekend's argument.

Anyways, the ibos insisted that the Niger Delta had no choice but to come with them if a Biafran nation was declared tommorrow; the Niger Deltans vehemently opposed this and stated that they would rather die than go form a nation with majority ibos. The ibos retort was , then die they would because come hail or sleet the Niger Delta wasnt going anywhere but with Biafra. Their statements shocked me!!! How can you force a people, that has fears of discrimination, to come with you??!?! To go do what, go back into the slavery they are running from? The Niger Deltans said they would never go with the ibos but would instead set up their own nation, OR, they would join a nation of other minorities of some states in present day Nigeria. According to them, discussions are already underway for these minority states to form their own nation (advantage being that there wont be a clear majority) independent of all the major tribes in Nigeria in the even of the inevitable split that is bound to soon engulf the nation.

The Yoruba guy insisted that the Niger-Delta had the choice to go 'on its own' if they didnt want to be part of Biafra; of course our Ibo buddies didnt find his statement funny in anyway. Furthermore, he informed us that one of the reasons Ojukwu was quick to go to war was because he had every intention of controlling the oil of the indigenous Niger Deltans. I was shocked (although I think I've heard something to this effect before) because if his claims were true, that means Ojukwe clearly had selfish motives for planning a war against its more powerful Nigerian neighbors.

So, Im asking a simple question, if the Niger Delta does not belong to the Ibos why do they have their eyes on it? Why do they invoke it, always , in their cries for a seperate state? Someone please explain!!!!

Why is this Akata basta.rd always interested in Igbo affairs. Are you looking for an Igbo husband? . . . Mind you that they dont marry who.res.
You better start searching for your biological father instead of wasting time with your mother's Yoruba booty mate whose second job is to be feeding you with trash.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by cantell(m): 1:36am On Jan 14, 2010
This poster is a cargo squared 5.
There are Igbos in Niger Delta - Delta state and Rivers.
The Igbos are not in any way trying to side or join with Niger-deltans.
They (Niger-Deltans)hate our guts like die so i don't see any reason why the Igbos would side or join them. Igbos are hard-working people and they don't need to lean on any tribe to survive. Aside from hardwork, they have mineral resources like oil in Imo state & Anambra. Limestone in Nkalagu and others i can't remember.
So get your facts right before spewing rubbish in a public forum. Let ur speculations & baseless information be btw you and your friends.

@Cap28,
The biafra war wasn't because Odumegwu Ojukwu was selfish but because he was fighting for his people.
So long.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by aloyemeka7: 1:40am On Jan 14, 2010
Beaf:

man, forget that guy. He is as Nigerian as anyone else here. He is a full blooded Nigerian. I don't buy that Latino story because he labeled himself thus to throw you off balance whenever he arrives with his tribalist agenda. He has the body of OPCman and the heart of tpia.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Abagworo(m): 1:41am On Jan 14, 2010
saying that ''there are igbos in niger delta'' and saying that ''igbos own niger delta'' are two different things.igbos do not own niger delta but are part of it.niger delta is majority ijaw with igbos,urhobos and several other ethnic groups surrounding them.i mean the real niger delta not oil producing states.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by cantell(m): 1:46am On Jan 14, 2010
Poster, name one Igbo that remembers
"Niger Delta"
And I'll show you a jobless Igbo man.

@Mama-gee,
You too much. Na lazy & jobless Igbo fools dey put Niger-delta 4 agenda.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Onlytruth(m): 1:46am On Jan 14, 2010
aloy*emeka:

man, forget that guy. He is as Nigerian as anyone else here. He is a full blooded Nigerian. I don't buy that Latino story because he labeled himself thus to throw you off balance whenever he arrives with his tribalist agenda. He has the body of OPCman and the heart of tpia.

GBAM GBAM
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Onlytruth(m): 1:48am On Jan 14, 2010
Abagworo:

saying that ''there are igbos in niger delta'' and saying that ''igbos own niger delta'' are two different things.igbos do not own niger delta but are part of it.niger delta is majority ijaw with igbos,urhobos and several other ethnic groups surrounding them.i mean the real niger delta not oil producing states.

And they think they can continue to divide us to have easy access to oil angry

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by WilyWily7: 1:51am On Jan 14, 2010
cantell:

There are Igbos in Niger Delta - Delta state and Rivers.
The Igbos are not in any way trying to side or join with Niger-deltans.
They (Niger-Deltans)hate our guts like die so i don't see any reason why the Igbos would side or join them.
Wrong information, so you mean every tribe in N-Delta hate Igbos? Don't say that again.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by bkbaybe99: 1:51am On Jan 14, 2010
aloy*emeka:

man, forget that guy. He is as Nigerian as anyone else here. He is a full blooded Nigerian. I don't buy that Latino story because he labeled himself thus to throw you off balance whenever he arrives with his tribalist agenda. He has the body of Becomerich and the heart of tpia.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHa. Notice how I asked an innocent question and all the ibos all a sudden have bees swarming in they underpants, fiending to blow up they crotch like they fellow terrorist country man. lol. Answer the damn question instead of killin yallselves over my back ground. as.zzholes. The truth always has a way of getting to yall. u make me laugh.

ME: Innocent questions

Crazy Ibo dudes: Aggressive, threatning answers!!!

Psychos!!!

metal-gong:

Why is this Akata basta.rd always interested in Igbo affairs. Are you looking for an Igbo husband? . . . Mind you that they dont marry who.res.
You better start searching for your biological father instead of wasting time with your mother's Yoruba booty mate whose second job is to be feeding you with trash.

Ur gay I'm not!!! NEEEEEXXXTTTT!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Onlytruth(m): 1:52am On Jan 14, 2010
Wily*Wily:

Wrong information, so you mean every tribe in N-Delta hate Igbos? Don't say that again.

Seconded! Thank you Wily cool

There has been years of misinformation and we have people like these arming our common enemy through such comments.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by reporter1: 1:57am On Jan 14, 2010
@poster,

Because ibos are parasites, always wanting to take what does not belong to them. Leeches of the first order!
All ibos should go back to no-good landlocked Biafra.   No wonder they always want ND.
Tired of their whining.  419 people, drug peddler, kidnapper, fake drug. Will kill their mama for the next dime

3 Likes

Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by bkbaybe99: 1:59am On Jan 14, 2010
Has any of you monkeys spewing all this venom asked urself this simple question "WHERE IS THE HARM IN THE QUESTION HE ASKED?". Everything by u guys gotta be done with force, ignorance and arrogance.lol. U sicken me. I asked a simple question. Did I insult anyone? NO!!!! So why the show of fear on yall parts except the question I asked is hitting yall conscience in a major way. Dunno what else to say!
'

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Abagworo(m): 2:01am On Jan 14, 2010
a little bit of bcrich101 will give a hint.the area below the red are simply ijaw areas.the rest you can judge for yourself.the rivers that form chains of tributaries to the niger are clear.

Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Onlytruth(m): 2:01am On Jan 14, 2010
reporter?:

@poster,

Because ibos are parasites, always wanting to take what does not belong to them. Leeches of the first order!
All ibos should go back to no-good landlocked Biafra.   No wonder they always want ND.
Tired of their whining.  419 people, drug peddler, kidnapper, fake drug. Will kill their mama for the next dime

reporter = bk_baybe99 = OPCman  grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

We Are Not Part Of Your Agitation – Nnamdi Kanu’s Community Tell IPOB Leader / #thelist Trends On Twitter As Nigerians Await Buhari's Ministers / FG To Borrow $500m To Digitalize NTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.