Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,857 members, 7,817,541 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest (74564 Views)

Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo / "Happy To Be Home" - Nigerian Soldier With His Family After War With Boko Haram / Pension Alert: Ex-biafra Police Officers Go Wild In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by Gassa007: 2:11pm On May 21, 2017
decatalyst:

My brother, the various literature review of the Biafra war posit that the war was a failure before it even began. How do you fight a war with a govt that has money and something to exchange for arms when you are landlocked, pose a less equipped and experienced army?
Landlocked with Cross River under Biafra
The Vice President then is even a Cross River man Philip Effiong
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by basic23111: 2:11pm On May 21, 2017
GOD CREATED US AND GIVE US OUR LANGUAGES AND COLOR. WE ARE NOT THE SAME..THE ONLY WAY WE CAN FIND PEACE IS TO DIVIDE THIS COUNTRY INTO ANY POSSIBLY SIZE OR REGION. OUR CULTURE ALONE CAN NOT UNITE US…..YORUBA HAVE MANNER AND RESPECT WHILE IBO LACK MORAL..HAUSA CAN KILL BCZ OF COMMON 5NAIRA. CANT U SEE WE ARE NOT D SAME

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by decatalyst(m): 2:12pm On May 21, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

That is not true in the least. The Biafrans had many advantages. It was the British intervention on the FG side and eventually the blockade of Biafra that did it in. Without these Ojukwu would have succeeded. I intend to write a short article on the war soon so that our generation may be enlightened. Look out for it

Take note of what I pointed out in the earlier reply.

Nigeria had the resources to trade in exchange for support and munitions. Biafra relied mainly on home made equipment, propagenda and recruitment of mercenaries. No pun intended.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by phkka1(m): 2:14pm On May 21, 2017
The drum of war is hard now. The Yorubas are at the receiving end. Thank God Obasanjo, Gowon and half dead-Buhari are still alife. They will disgracefully go to their grave when Biafra will come to be.

2 Likes

Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by decatalyst(m): 2:14pm On May 21, 2017
Gassa007:

Is Cross River part of Biafra? Think deep bro...not on the surface for the benefit of this argument.

Read up Why we struck by Ademola Ademoyega
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by AntiPonzihater: 2:15pm On May 21, 2017
OrestesDante:
Ojukwu is an unsuccessful Coward!!!

Tell me 1 thing Ojukwu did as far as Nigeria is concerned. And I will tell you 10 things Awolowo did.

Tell me again that Awolowo took rat poison and I will tell you of an Ojukwu who led his people into the pit they'll never come out from in 100years to come! grin
You mean this guy.

2 Likes

Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by emorse(m): 2:15pm On May 21, 2017
KidsNEXTdoor:

You join hands with friends and like minds
And not with foes with different cultural religious differences

It leads to chaos... Underdevelopment .. Hunger.. All the indices you see in Nigeria today

Nigeria have been hell on earth
A den of injustice
An epitome of corruption
A historic mistake

The onus is on all of us to rectify this catastrophe and Balkanize this country
We have nothing in common
@bolded. You zee bro, this friend and foe idea has been imprinted on our minds by our leaders just to serve their selfish interests. The number of tribes and religions in Nigeria doesn't stop us from achieving greatness. India for example is more diverse than Nigeria yet they are more developed. We need to unite and show our greedy leaders that we are no fools. We need to resist manipulation in order to achieve our collective aim - greatness!
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by decatalyst(m): 2:18pm On May 21, 2017
StarPlayer:
I hope you know you can be traced? Thread softly else you might end up 6ft below soon enough. Be warned

Stop the empty threats.

This platform should be for learning new things and seeing things from another direction different from the way we have seen things.

Tolerance and being open minded is key!
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by AntiPonzihater: 2:18pm On May 21, 2017
gberra:
What manner of useless prayers,rather a wish is this? . His manhood was killed by the bullets of war, he has no child of his own, he couldn't even straff since he was a youth.

Do you have conscience at all?. Do you have sense? Q
So how did he get the grandson? undecided

Let us see your Jamb score.
Because you obviously don't read.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by ohiku4every1(m): 2:19pm On May 21, 2017
mention Biafra in front of this man and see if he can walk or not

if U re unfortunate, he will hv walking stick by his side .

U can only tell the story wen eva U gain back ur conscience U lost as a result of walking still hit on ur head
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by ipodstinks: 2:19pm On May 21, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

Yeah.. Afonjas had thousands of bullets but still ran away from kwara(perhaps they were observing rule of engagement) thus handing it over to Fulanis.
Yinmu, your suppose hero just told you how your generations were massacred in the North, but instead to face your aboki master, na west you dey facegrin
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 21, 2017
decatalyst:

Yeah...brave man.

But what baffles me is why would a leader send his followers to the war front with only FIVE f**king bullets?
They did not have, if they did, he would have given it to them. However they needed to fight, I used to think that my uncles were lying by saying northerners gave them no choice but to fight. Until in 2012 when a northern Nigerian old soldier told me that " I understand why ibos had to fight, only cowards wouldn't ".

3 Likes

Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by AntiPonzihater: 2:20pm On May 21, 2017
gberra:
You're hypocritically inconsistent & incoherent. Earlier you stated that Wars favor no one only for you to recoil as saying "without war there will be no peace "
But I sincerely suggest the war path will be your best option, let's see how many more bodies we will count. I.e 6 million +counting.

You think we will leave you guys out of it?
Even if una beg us, we must bring the war to Lagos.
Lagos must be the war front grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 21, 2017
AntiPonzihater:
You mean this guy.
cheesy
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by ipodstinks: 2:21pm On May 21, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

Is this the reason no one is questioning the Fulani forceful occupation of Kwara
Face those that massacred your ancestors up North; D, don't be a coward.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by decatalyst(m): 2:21pm On May 21, 2017
blueseacats:
They did not have, if they did, he would have given it to them. However they needed to fight, I used to think that my uncles were lying by saying northerners gave them no choice but to fight. Until in 2012 when a northern Nigerian old soldier told me that " I understand why ibos had to fight, only cowards wouldn't ".

Yeah...but I love strategic fights.

Don't forget that the war broke out based on "mere perception" of tribalism and nepotism.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by AntiPonzihater: 2:22pm On May 21, 2017
gberra:
This noble name you used as a moniker will torment you in this life & hereafter.

No Peace for Igbos cry
Hahaha E pain am!!!

By the way, remember this guy? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by timunstopable: 2:22pm On May 21, 2017
Five bullets in a war...

I have got nothing more to say
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by StarPlayer: 2:23pm On May 21, 2017
decatalyst:

Stop the empty threats.

This platform should be for learning new things and seeing things from another direction different from the way we have seen things.

Tolerance and being open minded is key!
Bigotry and tribalism are not in any way educative angry
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by ipodstinks: 2:24pm On May 21, 2017
KidsNEXTdoor:

I don't have time for long epistles
We have nothing in common
We can argue till all eternity
But to what end......

Let's make sure we endorse Balkanization of this weird space
So that peace and understanding will reign
Answer him na, simple question he asked you. What have you done to help those you call your hero? Why are you like this na.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by decatalyst(m): 2:27pm On May 21, 2017
StarPlayer:
Bigotry and tribalism are not in any way educative angry

I really understand your point bro.

You just have to ignore some stuff in order to really grab some points. After all, no pains no gain, no sacrifice no success. cool
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by Gassa007: 2:27pm On May 21, 2017
decatalyst:

Is Cross River part of Biafra? Think deep bro...not on the surface for the benefit of this argument.

Read up Why we struck by Ademola Ademoyega
The modern-day states that make up Biafra from the eastern region and midwest are: Abia, Anambra, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Enugu, Ebonyi, Imo, Delta, Rivers and Cross River, Igbanke in Edo state and southern part of Benue state. Edo.This was as at then(during the war),so what are you talking about

2 Likes

Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 2:27pm On May 21, 2017
decatalyst:

Take note of what I pointed out in the earlier reply.

Nigeria had the resources to trade in exchange for support and munitions. Biafra relied mainly on home made equipment, propagenda and recruitment of mercenaries. No pun intended.

And I repeat: it is not true.

1. Ojukwu dedicated his personal fortune into the Biafrian cause. It was not a small amount. At one time, his Father Louis was the richest man in Nigeria.
2. The Biafran people levied its citizens and raised considerable sums from home and abroad.
3. Many members of the British ruling class who were Ojukwus personal friends invested secretly in the project.
4 France supported Ojukwu clandestinely to protect her oil interests.
5.The Vatican through CARITAS flew food,medicine and emergency supplies - some say weapons as well - into Biafra
6.For a long while Shell and other oil companies paid a part of their earnings to the Biafra government
7.Belgium sent mercenaries "unofficially" to fight for Biafra. Ever heard of Rolf Steiner, Goosens and others ?

Ojukwu was no fool. He was a scholar of History and Classics from Oxford. He was the Chief Instructor and Strategist for the Nigerian Army. He weighed his chances against the Gowon regime carefully and he had excellent intellectuals on his side. The brainpower recruitable in Biafra could only be matched by the South West - and some factions of the yoruba elite were circumspect in their support for Gowon. The aim of Biafra was to carve out a state not to invade Nigeria, he could have made it.

The war was won by Britain for Nigeria. At one stage Britain blocked the sale of arms to Biafra in the international market even though the funds were available.

6 Likes

Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by ipodstinks: 2:27pm On May 21, 2017
papaejima1:

They were the lucky ones!
The BOFF - Biafran Organization Of Freedom Fighters were trained to fight with bare hands and catapults.
They creep up to Nigerian Soldiers, snap their necks and dispossessed them of their arms and ammunitions.

That was how they augmented their own weapons stocks and it totally made the Nigeria troops paranoid in the bushes.
uhn, akiika, I am enjoying you even though I know you are lying. Do you still wat to tell more lies?

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by tobiasbeecher: 2:31pm On May 21, 2017
gberra:
This noble name you used as a moniker will torment you in this life & hereafter.

No Peace for Igbos cry
Why u dey carry everything for head? Na so the thing dey pepper you?

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by ipodstinks: 2:32pm On May 21, 2017
padiga047:
Yoruba Muslims always feeling inferior.

That is why there is no IPOB thread they won't be in.

Kiss the truth-

THE MOVEMENT IS GREATER THAN YOU.

SHOUT FROM NOW TILL TOMORROW, YOU ARE INCONSEQUENTIAL TO THE CAUSE.

Wetin this one dey yarn, your hero told you how your ancestors were butchered in the North, na Yoruba you dey face, yo get shame at all?
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 2:33pm On May 21, 2017
Gassa007:

Thank you. Good point.

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by ipodstinks: 2:34pm On May 21, 2017
padiga047:
Nigerian army should be ashamed of themselves, they couldn't defeat soldiers who had only 5 bullets for 3 good years.

That is why the riffraf Awolow* introduced starvation as a means of brutality against the east.

No wonder he drank rat poison, he knew what awaited him.
One, this Awo policy pain you o. That is what brain can do, and not gra gra with fish brain ojukwu.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by Klington: 2:34pm On May 21, 2017
gberra:

No Peace for Igbos cry
ur pain

2 Likes

Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by gberra: 2:34pm On May 21, 2017
AntiPonzihater:

Hahaha E pain am!!!

By the way, remember this guy? grin grin grin
Of course I do. He put an end to biafra. He dealt with biafran skulls. He was a nightmare cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Abba Kyari Is Not Dead" - Femi Fani-Kayode Dismisses Rumours / 2023 Presidency: Abba Kyari’s Campaign Materials Surface Online(photo) / Emir Sanusi In Tears, Says Leaders will pay for their deeds (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.