Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,928 members, 7,817,718 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest (74567 Views)

Ex Biafra Soldier Comforted By His Father Before Execution- Photo / "Happy To Be Home" - Nigerian Soldier With His Family After War With Boko Haram / Pension Alert: Ex-biafra Police Officers Go Wild In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by laribari(m): 8:33pm On May 21, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

Is this the reason no one is questioning the Fulani forceful occupation of Kwara

Another comment off point. I am never in support of the north and stated my points.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by Sanchez01: 9:30pm On May 21, 2017
tripoli007:
I am an easterner from UDI LGA in Enugu state after reading accounts online from great men on Biafra and 1st hand information from my grandfather who served in the biafran army ,Ojukwu led his people to suicide.He wasn't really prepared for this ,who goes to war without sufficient armour or Ally's .I still don't see ojukwu as any hero
The word 'hero' has been abused countless times. The story of this man reminds me of an old Anglo-Saxon poem; The Dream of the Rood. He is the definition of the word 'hero' and not the criminal called Ojukwu who led millions to their death, and in the end, fled.

The same thing I have always mentioned; Ojukwu led the war based on emotion and not on strategy. He was clearly not ready and his greed couldn't make him realize this. Imagine five bullets per soldier. What were they going to kill?

1 Like

Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by lankypinky: 9:57pm On May 21, 2017
OrestesDante:
Ojukwu is an unsuccessful Coward!!!

Tell me 1 thing Ojukwu did as far as Nigeria is concerned. And I will tell you 10 things Awolowo did.

Tell me again that Awolowo took rat poison and I will tell you of an Ojukwu who led his people into the pit they'll never come out from in 100years to come! grin
Go and read what Awolowo really did 2 d Igbos....then ur view abt him will change....As a matter of fact..He started Tribalism.... Go and read the book titled "There was a country" by Chinua Achebe then u will know
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by tripoli007(m): 10:01pm On May 21, 2017
Sanchez01:

The word 'hero' has been abused countless times. The story of this man reminds me of an old Anglo-Saxon poem; The Dream of the Rood. He is the definition of the word 'hero' and not the criminal called Ojukwu who led millions to their death, and in the end, fled.

The same thing I have always mentioned; Ojukwu led the war based on emotion and not on strategy. He was clearly not ready and his greed couldn't make him realize this. Imagine five bullets per soldier. What were they going to kill?

This exactly my point ,due respect to ojukwu but he really didn't utilize every available option,zik was seriously helping him gain international reputation by visiting the OAU and the likes but due to his stubborn nature ,he was thinking zik wanted to topple his government and act as Biafra #1 , Britain won the war for Nigeria .. If Biafra had a reputable ally the story would have been different. . but at the end of the day respect to all the fallen soldiers on both sides .. This biafran war could have been avoided if ojukwu threaded on the path of dialogue..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by Deadvalley001: 10:06pm On May 21, 2017
Sanchez01:

Just shut your large mouth if have nothing meaningful to say.

Awoloewo was a brave man but ojukwu is a coward to you cos fought for his people?
Listen to yourself.

You are totally uninformed.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by freedom4All0147: 10:16pm On May 21, 2017
[color=#000099][/color]U don't need to worry, we love & appreciate his effort back then, yes if we all die, we die for our people. My Hero, Love U,
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by Sanchez01: 11:07pm On May 21, 2017
Deadvalley001:

Just shut your large mouth if have nothing meaningful to say.

Awoloewo was a brave man but ojukwu is a coward to you cos fought for his people?
Listen to yourself.

You are totally uninformed.
He fought for his people but in the end HE FLED. Ponder on this. Tomorrow, you'd hold the Yorubas accountable for starving over 2 million Igbos when in reality the 'hero' you sing his praise shared the large food supplies between his generals and their families.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by Sanchez01: 11:11pm On May 21, 2017
tripoli007:

This exactly my point ,due respect to ojukwu but he really didn't utilize every available option,zik was seriously helping him gain international reputation by visiting the OAU and the likes but due to his stubborn nature ,he was thinking zik wanted to topple his government and act as Biafra #1 , Britain won the war for Nigeria .. If Biafra had a reputable ally the story would have been different. . but at the end of the day respect to all the fallen soldiers on both sides .. This biafran war could have been avoided if ojukwu threaded on the path of dialogue..
Time and time again, I have analyzed the events surrounding the war and can't but imagine why Ojukwu didn't push for more dialogue after the breakdown of the Aburi Accord. He clearly walked many to their death in the name of resistance.

The place of dialogue cannot be overemphasized, but no. An average loud mouth believes one who embraces dialogue is a coward.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by donborg(m): 11:14pm On May 21, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

That is not true in the least. The Biafrans had many advantages. It was the British intervention on the FG side and eventually the blockade of Biafra that did them in. Without these Ojukwu would very likely have succeeded. I intend to write a short article on the war soon so that our generation may be enlightened. Look out for it
british intervention or not, ojukwu should have won quite easily if he wanted. ojukwu had everything to lose and nothing to gain, yet he managed to lose everything as a result of his poor leadership!
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by donborg(m): 11:17pm On May 21, 2017
Mayflowa:

They were out of ammunitions. I know Igbos may be somehow maltreated but an affectionate leader should know when to stop when loosing ground. Pride shouldn't let your people die.

Ojukwu enjoyed his life while alive including marrying Nigeria's beauty pageant. This loyal guy wasn't given any welfare.
ojukwu is really a very very complicated character. his contradictory lifestyle coupled with his complete lack of principles baffles sometimes
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by donborg(m): 11:28pm On May 21, 2017
tripoli007:
I am an easterner from UDI LGA in Enugu state after reading accounts online from great men on Biafra and 1st hand information from my grandfather who served in the biafran army ,Ojukwu led his people to suicide.He wasn't really prepared for this ,who goes to war without sufficient armour or Ally's .I still don't see ojukwu as any hero
ojukwu is more of a fraudster than a leader. the americans call him a megalomaniac and a demagogue who caused the death of 3 million of his kith and kin for biafra. and the funny part is that he NEVER was willing to sacrifice his personal liberty or freedom for biafra as mandela did
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by donborg(m): 11:37pm On May 21, 2017
laribari:

Bro, get my point please. What I'm saying is that these great men who fought the war are the real biafrans and they lost the war painfully. The people shouting biafra today are fake that's what I'm saying.

They don't do the talk and none have even honoured or help the soldiers who are alive today.

I don't have an issue with the ojukwus of this world but the ones shouting biafra today. What have they done differently?
the difference btw the old biafra and the new biafra led by ipob is that the new biafra is much likely to succeed than the old biafra
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by donborg(m): 11:42pm On May 21, 2017
tripoli007:

ojukwu hates dialogue with passion, he is a warlord who would rather all his tribe died than sit in a table and discuss like civilised men!
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by donborg(m): 11:43pm On May 21, 2017
Sanchez01:

Time and time again, I have analyzed the events surrounding the war and can't but imagine why Ojukwu didn't push for more dialogue after the breakdown of the Aburi Accord. He clearly walked many to their death in the name of resistance.

The place of dialogue cannot be overemphasized, but no. An average loud mouth believes one who embraces dialogue is a coward.

thats why d americans call him a demagogue and a megalomaniac!
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 11:56pm On May 21, 2017
donborg:
british intervention or not, ojukwu should have won quite easily if he wanted. ojukwu had everything to lose and nothing to gain, yet he managed to lose everything as a result of his poor leadership!

Can you give examples of how he could have 'won quite easily' and instances of his 'poor leadership' ?
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by BLACKPANTHER(m): 3:57am On May 22, 2017
OrestesDante:
Ojukwu is an unsuccessful Coward!!!

Tell me 1 thing Ojukwu did as far as Nigeria is concerned. And I will tell you 10 things Awolowo did.

Tell me again that Awolowo took rat poison and I will tell you of an Ojukwu who led his people into the pit they'll never come out from in 100years to come! grin

Na true you talk.. Ojukwu did not achieve anything. Even Goodluck Jonathan is more a Legend/Hero for Igbos than their Ojukwu.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by monex(m): 9:00am On May 22, 2017
laribari:

Bro, get my point please. What I'm saying is that these great men who fought the war are the real biafrans and they lost the war painfully. The people shouting biafra today are fake that's what I'm saying.

They don't do the talk and none have even honoured or help the soldiers who are alive today.

I don't have an issue with the ojukwus of this world but the ones shouting biafra today. What have they done differently?

ow I get you now. My sentiments exactly.

The Biafran warrriors were heroes and their rationale was justified.

The modern day IPOB are either brainwashed by Mr. Kanu or yet to get over GEJ defeat
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by donborg(m): 9:26am On May 22, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Can you give examples of how he could have 'won quite easily' and instances of his 'poor leadership' ?
1) his complete lack of diplomatic skills which caused the loss of likely valuable allies like the niger delta leaders and countries like russia and china, 2) his over bloated egotism and secretive style of leadership which caused a complete lack of trust among his subordinates leading to the rise of saboteurs 3) his insatiable warmongering character which made him to be blind to the option of peaceful negotiations compared to inevitable perils of war especially against superior opponents. 4) his propensity to appoint less skillful military commanders over more skillful capable military commanders so as to protect his fragile ego. 5) his inability to appoint a military council throughout the war
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by joesean9: 9:41am On May 22, 2017
You must gain control over your money or lack of it will forever control you,Boost your status with just a fixed match.....

Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by ipodstinks: 7:03pm On May 22, 2017
papaejima1:

You can choose to learn history or wallow in your ignorance.
It doesn't stop that which was from having been!
Abeg, which history are you talking about?, the one I know or another one? clarify abeg.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by Dedetwo(m): 7:09pm On May 22, 2017
decatalyst:

Yeah...brave man.

But what baffles me is why would a leader send his followers to the war front with only FIVE f**king bullets?

Are you this slow?
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by laribari(m): 8:36pm On May 22, 2017
donborg:
the difference btw the old biafra and the new biafra led by ipob is that the new biafra is much likely to succeed than the old biafra

God bless you Bro!! You said "LIKELY" which is probability.

Nigerians always pray that anything that want to divide or disturb the peace of Nigeria that God should destroy it (that might include biafra plan). There was a time most churches (Nigerians including igbo christians in churches) were praying for Nigeria and my pastor still do till today. God answers prayer!

Anyways.......contrary to what you said, the difference BTW the old and new biafra is that one (the old ones) carried heavy artillery (weapon of war) but lost gallantly (at least they fought and laid down their lives; meanwhile the new biafra carry plastic coloured flag with a sun on it.

The new biafrans are cowards (social media soldiers), while the old biafrans are brave.

The old biafra meant business and all of them stayed in the east but the modern fake biafrans are in regions outside the east.

Let me ask you this question............... CAN YOU TAKE A BULLET FOR A FELLOW IGBO MAN? Be truthful to yoursef.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by donborg(m): 10:39pm On May 22, 2017
laribari:

God bless you Bro!! You said "LIKELY" which is probability.

Nigerians always pray that anything that want to divide or disturb the peace of Nigeria that God should destroy it (that might include biafra plan). There was a time most churches (Nigerians including igbo christians in churches) were praying for Nigeria and my pastor still do till today. God answers prayer!

Anyways.......contrary to what you said, the difference BTW the old and new biafra is that one (the old ones) carried heavy artillery (weapon of war) but lost gallantly (at least they fought and laid down their lives; meanwhile the new biafra carry plastic coloured flag with a sun on it.

The new biafrans are cowards (social media soldiers), while the old biafrans are brave.

The old biafra meant business and all of them stayed in the east but the modern fake biafrans are in regions outside the east.

Let me ask you this question............... CAN YOU TAKE A BULLET FOR A FELLOW IGBO MAN? Be truthful to yoursef.
YES I WILL. in as much as the old biafra were brave, they were ignorant of the fact that without proper sensitisation, diplomacy, financing and external support, they were doomed to fail. This new generation of biafran supporters are more likely to succeed because they ve succeeded in creating awareness all over the world and if a war were to happen now, they are more likely to succeed becos almost all world leaders are actively aware of plight of biafrans in Nigeria.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by laribari(m): 6:32pm On May 23, 2017
donborg:
YES I WILL. in as much as the old biafra were brave, they were ignorant of the fact that without proper sensitisation, diplomacy, financing and external support, they were doomed to fail. This new generation of biafran supporters are more likely to succeed because they ve succeeded in creating awareness all over the world and if a war were to happen now, they are more likely to succeed becos almost all world leaders are actively aware of plight of biafrans in Nigeria.

First and foremost, you are a liar for what you said becos I know you are lying. Even Ojukwu didn't wait to collect bullet but fled to ivory coast. I haven't seen any hero in Nigeria and only Jesus laid down His life.

The bible says if you leave wealth behind, you don't know whether it is a fool that will inherit it, then he will squander it. In like manner, taking bullet for biafra na saaraa oo! You will waste for nothing and you don't know if the purpose will be achieved.

Anyways you kept saying likely, likely cos you are not even sure.

If war break out now, biafra will fall again. Why? Igbos don't have top top officers in the army for interligence. Secondly, Nigeria as a country have more, more and more allies you can ever imagined. You can't win any war. Who do you think Ecowas will support? Let's leave war out of it. Your best bet is amnesty. If you take your protest far enough you will get a voting right to stay or leave but world politics is too much and UN don't care abt biafra. Who talks about it? Nigeria is big in Africa and UN and has allies who will support them especially China. The igbo traders who buys from China do not deal with Chinese govt, besides Chinese will loose sale if they support division of Nigeria. There are politics played at the top. Better channel your energy elsewhere than biafra.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by donborg(m): 7:10pm On May 23, 2017
laribari:

First and foremost, you are a liar for what you said becos I know you are lying. Even Ojukwu didn't wait to collect bullet but fled to ivory coast. I haven't seen any hero in Nigeria and only Jesus laid down His life.

The bible says if you leave wealth behind, you don't know whether it is a fool that will inherit it, then he will squander it. In like manner, taking bullet for biafra na saaraa oo! You will waste for nothing and you don't know if the purpose will be achieved.

Anyways you kept saying likely, likely cos you are not even sure.

If war break out now, biafra will fall again. Why? Igbos don't have top top officers in the army for interligence. Secondly, Nigeria as a country have more, more and more allies you can ever imagined. You can't win any war. Who do you think Ecowas will support? Let's leave war out of it. Your best bet is amnesty. If you take your protest far enough you will get a voting right to stay or leave but world politics is too much and UN don't care abt biafra. Who talks about it? Nigeria is big in Africa and UN and has allies who will support them especially China. The igbo traders who buys from China do not deal with Chinese govt, besides Chinese will loose sale if they support division of Nigeria. There are politics played at the top. Better channel your energy elsewhere than biafra.
Your statements are highly self contradictory. First of all only God can determine my resolve as to whether I m ready to die for an igbo man or for biafra. ojukwu proved to be a coward because he wasn't and will never be a principled man.ojukwu NEVER was willing to sacrifice his personal liberty for biafra despite the example set by Mandela. Kanu has proven to be a great leader willing to sacrifice his blood for Biafra and he is going to get his wish either by war or by diplomacy as long as he has followers who believe in him. The right of self determination is sacrosanct and the UN will have no choice but to oblige when Biafra demands it. USSR, yugoslavia were once powerful countries but where are they today? even if the Nigerian military has an advantage over biafra now, as long as the united nations supports us and our rights, the Nigerian military might will be nullified.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by laribari(m): 6:35am On May 24, 2017
donborg:
Your statements are highly self contradictory. First of all only God can determine my resolve as to whether I m ready to die for an igbo man or for biafra. ojukwu proved to be a coward because he wasn't and will never be a principled man.ojukwu NEVER was willing to sacrifice his personal liberty for biafra despite the example set by Mandela. Kanu has proven to be a great leader willing to sacrifice his blood for Biafra and he is going to get his wish either by war or by diplomacy as long as he has followers who believe in him. The right of self determination is sacrosanct and the UN will have no choice but to oblige when Biafra demands it. USSR, yugoslavia were once powerful countries but where are they today? even if the Nigerian military has an advantage over biafra now, as long as the united nations supports us and our rights, the Nigerian military might will be nullified.

Exactly, you will die like a fowl. I didint mix words nor contradict mysef. Ojukwu is a hero regardless becos he proved his bravery. Fleeing to Ivory Coast at a time the war was apparently lost doesn't make him a coward as you suggest, else you will see a bigger coward in kanu by your on standard.

A smart leader (especially if soldier) must know when to retreat and accept defeat which was what ojukwu did and kanu did by meeting bail conditions. Obviously you will die like a fowl trying to play a hero and they will forget you.

Didn't you know he was granted BAIL? DON'T YOU KNOW BAIL COMES WITH CONDITIONS? Kanu will never mention or make noise on biafra again.....watch and see.

The man should have remained in prison to prove he is a hero naa. Rubbish talk! Who hero epp? When he was suffering alone who joined him? How many message did you send for his release?

Talking about UN, please don't make me laugh! Are you a kid or just being sentimentally blind. UN holds Nigeria at high esteem and we are important to them for the peace in Africa. Do you know how many things Nigeria hasn't gotten away with? If na politics wey sabi play am well well.

Nigeria has been cleared of many names that will dent our international image (such as not declaring us a terrorist state despite boko haram pledging alliance with ISIS, ebola, etc). We are not even threatened with any international sanctions. You Know why? Nigeria is even the only African nation that can get permanent seat in the UN.UN can't support biafra, this same people deliberately handed power to the north in 1960 through britain.

How many international country spoke out for kanu or ask FG to release him? Federal ran the rule and decided what they wanted to do with him. All those stupid talk of trump talking or supporting biafra is trash. #propaganda. You think trump is stupid? Trump doesn't even have rights to come into our affairs except invited by FG.

It's too late for biafra, that war was the best chance. There is a saying....... one that runs from the fight will Live to fight another day. Biafrans didnt run, they fought and lost. Case closed!

All this agitation today are just backlog hullabaloo
Under goodluck, we didn't hear all these talk so apparently it is down to frustration and me sef I dey frustrated wit buhari govt. Nonetheless goodluck sef failed.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by donborg(m): 10:08am On May 24, 2017
laribari:

Exactly, you will die like a fowl. I didint mix words nor contradict mysef. Ojukwu is a hero regardless becos he proved his bravery. Fleeing to Ivory Coast at a time the war was apparently lost doesn't make him a coward as you suggest, else you will see a bigger coward in kanu by your on standard.

A smart leader (especially if soldier) must know when to retreat and accept defeat which was what ojukwu did and kanu did by meeting bail conditions. Obviously you will die like a fowl trying to play a hero and they will forget you.

Didn't you know he was granted BAIL? DON'T YOU KNOW BAIL COMES WITH CONDITIONS? Kanu will never mention or make noise on biafra again.....watch and see.

The man should have remained in prison to prove he is a hero naa. Rubbish talk! Who hero epp? When he was suffering alone who joined him? How many message did you send for his release?

Talking about UN, please don't make me laugh! Are you a kid or just being sentimentally blind. UN holds Nigeria at high esteem and we are important to them for the peace in Africa. Do you know how many things Nigeria hasn't gotten away with? If na politics wey sabi play am well well.

Nigeria has been cleared of many names that will dent our international image (such as not declaring us a terrorist state despite boko haram pledging alliance with ISIS, ebola, etc). We are not even threatened with any international sanctions. You Know why? Nigeria is even the only African nation that can get permanent seat in the UN.UN can't support biafra, this same people deliberately handed power to the north in 1960 through britain.

How many international country spoke out for kanu or ask FG to release him? Federal ran the rule and decided what they wanted to do with him. All those stupid talk of trump talking or supporting biafra is trash. #propaganda. You think trump is stupid? Trump doesn't even have rights to come into our affairs except invited by FG.

It's too late for biafra, that war was the best chance. There is a saying....... one that runs from the fight will Live to fight another day. Biafrans didnt run, they fought and lost. Case closed!

All this agitation today are just backlog hullabaloo
Under goodluck, we didn't hear all these talk so apparently it is down to frustration and me sef I dey frustrated wit buhari govt. Nonetheless goodluck sef failed.
You are still contradicting yourself! I don't know even know where you stand. previously you called ojukwu a coward yet when I concurred you changed the narrative but this time you compared ojukwu with kanu. you can't compare kanu with ojukwu. ojukwu ran away to cote d'voire like a coward. when he came back buhari arrested him. since his release he has never said or did anything to suggest he supports biafran actualisation yet you say he ran away to fight another day. at a point, an obscure fellow called uwazuruike even overshadowed him because of the leadership vacuum he created as a result of his cowardice! how I wish he were alive today, he would ve revealed his real intentions through his reactions to the various atrocities against IPOB by buhari.
It is never too late for biafra. As I said earlier, as long as kanu doesn't give up biafra like ojukwu and uwazuruike, he will be granted his wish. he is the most powerful igbo man alive today so he has the mandate of the igbos. The Nigerian government is afraid of him that was why they gave him those obnoxious bail conditions. He accepted them not because he has compromised but because having called Nigeria a zoo for not obeying court orders, he cannot afford to dis obey court orders as doing that will make him to lose the moral right to say that Nigeria is a zoo and that he wants his people to leave the zoo.
Lastly, saying that the Nigerian govt cannot prevent it's disintegration because it is a powerful country shows that you have a low knowledge of history. is the Nigerian govt more pwerful than ussr? or yogoslavia? or the former India? even Sudan broke up despite its huge oil reserves which the could've used to bribe ecowas, AU and the UN officials to prevent it's disintegration as you are insinuating that the Nigerian govt is going to do. if they couldn't play politics with ordinary amnesty international, how can they play politics with UN.
The right of self determination is a right not a privilege endorsed by all the countries that makes up the UN of which Nigeria is a signatory. all biafrans need is an internationally recognised leader with our mandate who will then demand for a referendum supervised by the UN and there is nothing the Nigerian govt can fucking do about it!
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by laribari(m): 8:18pm On May 25, 2017
donborg:
You are still contradicting yourself! I don't know even know where you stand. previously you called ojukwu a coward yet when I concurred you changed the narrative but this time you compared ojukwu with kanu. you can't compare kanu with ojukwu. ojukwu ran away to cote d'voire like a coward. when he came back buhari arrested him. since his release he has never said or did anything to suggest he supports biafran actualisation yet you say he ran away to fight another day. at a point, an obscure fellow called uwazuruike even overshadowed him because of the leadership vacuum he created as a result of his cowardice! how I wish he were alive today, he would ve revealed his real intentions through his reactions to the various atrocities against IPOB by buhari.
It is never too late for biafra. As I said earlier, as long as kanu doesn't give up biafra like ojukwu and uwazuruike, he will be granted his wish. he is the most powerful igbo man alive today so he has the mandate of the igbos. The Nigerian government is afraid of him that was why they gave him those obnoxious bail conditions. He accepted them not because he has compromised but because having called Nigeria a zoo for not obeying court orders, he cannot afford to dis obey court orders as doing that will make him to lose the moral right to say that Nigeria is a zoo and that he wants his people to leave the zoo.
Lastly, saying that the Nigerian govt cannot prevent it's disintegration because it is a powerful country shows that you have a low knowledge of history. is the Nigerian govt more pwerful than ussr? or yogoslavia? or the former India? even Sudan broke up despite its huge oil reserves which the could've used to bribe ecowas, AU and the UN officials to prevent it's disintegration as you are insinuating that the Nigerian govt is going to do. if they couldn't play politics with ordinary amnesty international, how can they play politics with UN.
The right of self determination is a right not a privilege endorsed by all the countries that makes up the UN of which Nigeria is a signatory. all biafrans need is an internationally recognised leader with our mandate who will then demand for a referendum supervised by the UN and there is nothing the Nigerian govt can fucking do about it!

you are confused obviously. I decided to leave you for two days to attend to better things first because i have seen that you are building castle in the air.

I never called Ojukwu a coward get my point. I said the OLD BIAFRANS ARE THE TRUE HEROES BUT WHAT WE HAVE TODAY ARE COWARDS AND YOU ARE ONE OF THEM. You are depending on kanu that is now a vegetable, why not do it yourself since you have passion enough to die for your people, take over the revolution as kanu didn't wait for any man before he started biafra radio.

I SAID OJUKWU FLED BECAUSE WHICH DOES NOT MAKE HIM A COWARD SINCE IT WAS AT A TIME THE WAR WAS APAPRENTLY LOST. I said a soldier must know when to retreat and even surrender but you mistook that has being a coward. They already fought A WAR, so how is that cowardice? they have demonstrated bravery already.

Believe me, if kanu coughs again he will return to cell becos he already signed bail condition. do you know what was written as a condition? when court ordered his release did the FG oblige? NO! the reason is because they don't trust him and had to give him a conditional release. This is the same you call most powerful man (a mere vegetable now). The man don turn ugwu o!

WHERE IN MY POST DID I SAID OJUKWU RAN TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY? PLEASE QUOTE ME!!!!!

You are just assuming things............... I said a soldier must know when to surrender and become POW if you don't want to loose your life. surrendering or retreating doesn't sound like running to fighting another day. I wonder where you are getting your assumptions from.

I LOVE YOUR WORDS THAT IS IS NEVER TOO LATE FOR BIAFRA AS LONG AS KANU DOESN'T GIVE IT like Ojukwu and Uwazuruke. That's a probability statement. YOU CAN JUST HOPE KANU HASN'T BEEN SILENCED BECAUSE YOU ARE IGNORING THE TRUTH AND THE POINT I'M MAKING. This is common sense!! If that man tries anything again contrary to whatever he may have signed, there will be court order that will keep him behind bars for years because by himself he signed a document. So you think FG will just allow him like that?

It doesn't matter if the FG is afraid of him or not, of course he is a threat but what matters is that they will do everything to handicap him using the law and that is what probably has happened. let another man take up the mantle (PERHAPS YOU SINCE YOU CAN TAKE BULLETS) becos kanu has ended his chapter.

I wont address the order things you said about NIGERIA not powerful and all that to avoid disintergration. you surely lack knowledge not me because no country leave without war or a fight. SO ARE YOU READY FOR ANOTHER BIAFRA WAR? SEASON 2?
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by donborg(m): 1:56pm On May 27, 2017
laribari:

you are confused obviously. I decided to leave you for two days to attend to better things first because i have seen that you are building castle in the air.

I never called Ojukwu a coward get my point. I said the OLD BIAFRANS ARE THE TRUE HEROES BUT WHAT WE HAVE TODAY ARE COWARDS AND YOU ARE ONE OF THEM. You are depending on kanu that is now a vegetable, why not do it yourself since you have passion enough to die for your people, take over the revolution as kanu didn't wait for any man before he started biafra radio.

I SAID OJUKWU FLED BECAUSE WHICH DOES NOT MAKE HIM A COWARD SINCE IT WAS AT A TIME THE WAR WAS APAPRENTLY LOST. I said a soldier must know when to retreat and even surrender but you mistook that has being a coward. They already fought A WAR, so how is that cowardice? they have demonstrated bravery already.

Believe me, if kanu coughs again he will return to cell becos he already signed bail condition. do you know what was written as a condition? when court ordered his release did the FG oblige? NO! the reason is because they don't trust him and had to give him a conditional release. This is the same you call most powerful man (a mere vegetable now). The man don turn ugwu o!

WHERE IN MY POST DID I SAID OJUKWU RAN TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY? PLEASE QUOTE ME!!!!!

You are just assuming things............... I said a soldier must know when to surrender and become POW if you don't want to loose your life. surrendering or retreating doesn't sound like running to fighting another day. I wonder where you are getting your assumptions from.

I LOVE YOUR WORDS THAT IS IS NEVER TOO LATE FOR BIAFRA AS LONG AS KANU DOESN'T GIVE IT like Ojukwu and Uwazuruke. That's a probability statement. YOU CAN JUST HOPE KANU HASN'T BEEN SILENCED BECAUSE YOU ARE IGNORING THE TRUTH AND THE POINT I'M MAKING. This is common sense!! If that man tries anything again contrary to whatever he may have signed, there will be court order that will keep him behind bars for years because by himself he signed a document. So you think FG will just allow him like that?

It doesn't matter if the FG is afraid of him or not, of course he is a threat but what matters is that they will do everything to handicap him using the law and that is what probably has happened. let another man take up the mantle (PERHAPS YOU SINCE YOU CAN TAKE BULLETS) becos kanu has ended his chapter.

I wont address the order things you said about NIGERIA not powerful and all that to avoid disintergration. you surely lack knowledge not me because no country leave without war or a fight. SO ARE YOU READY FOR ANOTHER BIAFRA WAR? SEASON 2?

this is a dictionary definition of a coward- one who shows disgraceful fear or timidity • a
coward who deserted his troops.
A coward is also someone who lacks principles. That ojukwu is a coward is an understatement. He is a fraud. The Americans call him a megalomaniac and demagogue. The only single difference between maitatsine and ojukwu is that maitatsine, being a principled man, died for his cause and beliefs so in a sense he is a hero despite causing the deaths of thousands of his followers in a foolish venture. Ojukwu fled, tail between his legs, after the deaths of 3.5 million people to a life of luxury at ivory Coast, came back, denied biafra, became a Nigerian and desecrated the memory of 3.5 million people that died in his foolish venture and you call him a hero! well, God shall judge.
My friend, I know Nigerians want war, but we have passed that stage. This country is a fraud and was built on lies. like all lies, it won't last long cos the truth will eventually catch up with it. Nigeria is in moment of truth now. That Nigeria will divide is not a matter of how but when and do not delude yourself that the Niger delta won't join us because I believe the scales have fallen off their eyes too. 30th may is going to shake Nigeria to its very foundation and the anambra Nov. elections will the final nail on its coffin.
Kanu, unlike ojukwu, till today has not publicly denounced biafra. Even in the unlikely event that he has gives up, another man will rise up and take up the leadership vacuum. why? because majority of the igbos do not want to be part of Nigeria! Power resides where men believes it resides. thank you
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by laribari(m): 7:18pm On May 28, 2017
donborg:
this is a dictionary definition of a coward- one who shows disgraceful fear or timidity • a
coward who deserted his troops.
A coward is also someone who lacks principles. That ojukwu is a coward is an understatement. He is a fraud. The Americans call him a megalomaniac and demagogue. The only single difference between maitatsine and ojukwu is that maitatsine, being a principled man, died for his cause and beliefs so in a sense he is a hero despite causing the deaths of thousands of his followers in a foolish venture. Ojukwu fled, tail between his legs, after the deaths of 3.5 million people to a life of luxury at ivory Coast, came back, denied biafra, became a Nigerian and desecrated the memory of 3.5 million people that died in his foolish venture and you call him a hero! well, God shall judge.
My friend, I know Nigerians want war, but we have passed that stage. This country is a fraud and was built on lies. like all lies, it won't last long cos the truth will eventually catch up with it. Nigeria is in moment of truth now. That Nigeria will divide is not a matter of how but when and do not delude yourself that the Niger delta won't join us because I believe the scales have fallen off their eyes too. 30th may is going to shake Nigeria to its very foundation and the anambra Nov. elections will the final nail on its coffin.
Kanu, unlike ojukwu, till today has not publicly denounced biafra. Even in the unlikely event that he has gives up, another man will rise up and take up the leadership vacuum. why? because majority of the igbos do not want to be part of Nigeria! Power resides where men believes it resides. thank you

Whao! Interesting! You made a lot of points but I don't agree wit all. Biafra has fallen twice again. Glad u see it now that kanu may be finished. I don't doubt it, he truly is. The bail condition has roped him. So you want him to publicly denounce biafra? Haba! It's like saying he shud deny his igbo origin. Literally speaking, biafra is another name for igbo as of today and igbo is biafra. Besides, it's not safe for him to denounce it as he will be condemned (this is common sense naa) so beta he stay silent.

I doubt someone else will voice out for the long while and not face same treatment. From FG point of view, it is treason. Kanu won't even want anything linked to him. The man has remained silent since his bail.

For those who do not know, on the 25th of April, 2017, Justice Binta Murtala-Nyako granted Mazi Nnamdi Kanu bail on health grounds but with the following strings attached:
1) Produce three sureties and two of whom must be; (a) highly respected and recognized Jewish leader and (b) highly placed Igbo person such as a Senator. The third surety must be resident in Abuja with a landed property in the same Abuja. Above all, the three sureties must deposit one hundred million naira (N100million) each.
2) Barred from attending any rally and granting any form of interview.
3) Must not be in a crowd exceeding 10 persons.
4) Must surrender his British and Nigerian passports even when these passports are still in the custody of the DSS.
5) Must sign an undertaking to avail himself for trial at all times.

I know what I'm saying, kanu is handicapped and even the abia State senator that stood as one of his surety will advise him to relax because he will be responsible. Anyways, I won't comment on my people (anioma) following biafra or not.

For me I know Nigerians don't want war, so I disagree with u. With all the boko haram bombings targetting igbos especially how many attack did t igbo carry out a revenge? It was only the Niger delta avengers that spoke up and threatened fire for fire.

Biafra is a only dream. Ojukwu failed using weapon of war, kanu failed using democratic diplomacy and the charge against him was read as treason.

For me, we pray everyday in church even today for Nigeria. If Go has kept us, nobody can break it If God has a plan for Nigeria as many has prophesied in this last days.

We always pray that God destroys the enemy of Nigeria, boko haram especially, ba leaders, even biafran plans? Well I don't know. All I know is if it wills God to keep Nigeria, you people will burn time and resources for nothing. Even igbos in churches pray for our dear Nigeria too.
Re: Lawrence Akpu: Ex-Biafra Soldier With Bullet In His Chest by donborg(m): 8:00pm On May 28, 2017
laribari:

Whao! Interesting! You made a lot of points but I don't agree wit all. Biafra has fallen twice again. Glad u see it now that kanu may be finished. I don't doubt it, he truly is. The bail condition has roped him. So you want him to publicly denounce biafra? Haba! It's like saying he shud deny his igbo origin. Literally speaking, biafra is another name for igbo as of today and igbo is biafra. Besides, it's not safe for him to denounce it as he will be condemned (this is common sense naa) so beta he stay silent.

I doubt someone else will voice out for the long while and not face same treatment. From FG point of view, it is treason. Kanu won't even want anything linked to him. The man has remained silent since his bail.

For those who do not know, on the 25th of April, 2017, Justice Binta Murtala-Nyako granted Mazi Nnamdi Kanu bail on health grounds but with the following strings attached:
1) Produce three sureties and two of whom must be; (a) highly respected and recognized Jewish leader and (b) highly placed Igbo person such as a Senator. The third surety must be resident in Abuja with a landed property in the same Abuja. Above all, the three sureties must deposit one hundred million naira (N100million) each.
2) Barred from attending any rally and granting any form of interview.
3) Must not be in a crowd exceeding 10 persons.
4) Must surrender his British and Nigerian passports even when these passports are still in the custody of the DSS.
5) Must sign an undertaking to avail himself for trial at all times.

I know what I'm saying, kanu is handicapped and even the abia State senator that stood as one of his surety will advise him to relax because he will be responsible. Anyways, I won't comment on my people (anioma) following biafra or not.

For me I know Nigerians don't want war, so I disagree with u. With all the boko haram bombings targetting igbos especially how many attack did t igbo carry out a revenge? It was only the Niger delta avengers that spoke up and threatened fire for fire.

Biafra is a only dream. Ojukwu failed using weapon of war, kanu failed using democratic diplomacy and the charge against him was read as treason.

For me, we pray everyday in church even today for Nigeria. If Go has kept us, nobody can break it If God has a plan for Nigeria as many has prophesied in this last days.

We always pray that God destroys the enemy of Nigeria, boko haram especially, ba leaders, even biafran plans? Well I don't know. All I know is if it wills God to keep Nigeria, you people will burn time and resources for nothing. Even igbos in churches pray for our dear Nigeria too.
You really think that kanu has denounced biafra? well, even if I am disinclined to believe your assertions, I believe with time, the truth will reveal itself. As for biafra, 30th of may shall determine it's reality

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Abba Kyari Is Not Dead" - Femi Fani-Kayode Dismisses Rumours / 2023 Presidency: Abba Kyari’s Campaign Materials Surface Online(photo) / Emir Sanusi In Tears, Says Leaders will pay for their deeds (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.