Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,360 members, 7,836,468 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? (6212 Views)

Why Were Nigerian Guys Scared Of Marrying Ladies That Own Cars In The Past? / Top 5 Rare Values Most Nigerian Guys Are Gradually Losing / Why I Dumped Nigerian Guys For Masturbation And Vibrator - Lady (photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 20, 2017
vikiylove:

Boy, I have money... I am not like those broke girls you dated...

Broke boy
so as u dey so u get money?

Attention seeking fowl

Shouldnt u be on a plane to france for the weekend?

U dey mad abi

4 Likes

SorftWerk:
Everybody she comes across on nairaland is broke...this girl sha
u actually believe say na really newcomer? grin

2 Likes

vikiylove:

Boy, I have money... I am not like those broke girls you dated...

Broke boy
Why then are you so obsessed with broke guys.

I seriously doubt that you have money.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by vikiylove(f): 10:08pm On May 20, 2017
zzzzy:
you aren't getting my point, in fact you are running from it. The title could be "why are most Nigerian women broke". My point is that majority of the world is broke for a similar reason. Men, women, guys, ladies. But narrowing it to men and then Nigeria makes it seem that Nigerian men have a special "brokenness"

So why do you care about the rest of the world... Does that make you feel less broke? because millions are in your shoes
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by Sunshyne200(m): 10:08pm On May 20, 2017
vikiylove:

Thank you for your opinion... it is most welcomed

Thanks.
You are most welcomed..
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by subtlemee(f): 10:08pm On May 20, 2017
vikiylove:

Slay Queen, One Night Stand and Broken Relationships..

Everyone just thinks she is posting this because of a relationship problem or because she is slaying...

I think you are broke too

Go and work hard and make your own money...this way a guy's financial status won't bother you this much

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by Draei: 10:09pm On May 20, 2017
vikiyl.ove:

I am impressed Jude... I hope I brought out the man in you... who can only talk about erections and sex...

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 20, 2017
subtlemee:

Go and work hard and make your own money...this way a guy's financial status won't bother you this much
she is obviously a poor troll

No tv for house , she is seeking entertainment

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by vikiylove(f): 10:09pm On May 20, 2017
subtlemee:

Nah.. their financial status doesn't bother me.. it just bothers me when I see a child hawking on the street only to learn that her father is one of those touts you see in beer parlour drinking...

It all started from the now..
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:09pm On May 20, 2017
itsJude:
the thing needs a brain , this is it begging for help

Some early teens will just hold android phones not knowing what to do with it and start typing nairaland.com and start creating some stupid thread

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by zzzzy: 10:11pm On May 20, 2017
vikiylove:

So why do you care about the rest of the world... Does that make you feel less broke? because millions are in your shoes
alright people are broke because they aren't able to get a good job(if they get at all) and the cost of living is high plus a lot of needs as a result of the former. You happy now? smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by vikiylove(f): 10:12pm On May 20, 2017
itsJude:
so as u dey so u get money?

Attention seeking fowl

Shouldnt u be on a plane to france for the weekend?

U dey mad abi

What should I be doing in France when Nigerians are here suffering...

Although I should be off nairaland in around 30 minutes and I think I wouldn't be online for the whole of next week... Would miss this chat
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by vikiylove(f): 10:13pm On May 20, 2017
zzzzy:
alright people are broke because they aren't able to get a good job(if they get at all) and the cost of living is high plus a lot of needs as a result of the former. You happy now? smiley

Your excuse is so poor..

I built my makeover and wigs selling shop through loans from banks and givings from family and friends... I was able to get here because I had an idea and then I drafted a plan and then I met up with people who were professionals to put my plan to action
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 20, 2017
vikiylove:

What should I be doing in France when Nigerians are here suffering...

Although I should be off nairaland in around 30 minutes and I think I wouldn't be online for the whole of next week... Would miss this chat
super story

Tell ur brother sleeping on the floor next to u killing mosquito

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by vikiylove(f): 10:16pm On May 20, 2017
itsJude:
super story

Tell ur brother sleeping on the floor next to u killing mosquito

Hmm... I think he has bought the mosquito net.. since his generator got probs.. But I will call him later.. Thanks for the reminder..

So anything else??
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by zzzzy: 10:18pm On May 20, 2017
vikiylove:

Your excuse is so poor..

I built my makeover and wigs selling shop through loans from banks and givings from family and friends... I was able to get here because I had an idea and then I drafted a plan and then I met up with people who were professionals to put my plan to action
how many people are even able to secure loans, a lot have tried many businesses but still fail. Not many people would be lucky as you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by pryme(m): 10:19pm On May 20, 2017
Op,
Why don't you leave the broke guys alone and go get a life?
Is it your life that is broke?

Or do you have a stake with these broke guys?

Must you nag about everything?

Even the rich men will avoid you like a curse,

Jeez, put a suck in it.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by Nobody: 10:29pm On May 20, 2017
itsJude:
u no dey see this fowl

When no be say i done die

Even my pikin go face any woman wen try this nonsense
wetin we go do na grin
na dem slayqueens looking for dangote pickin to date grin
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by WORLDPEACE(m): 10:29pm On May 20, 2017
vikiylove:
When they are trying to gist you.. They will look really wealthy... Only for you to start hearing stories and watching their bank account go through the peril..
Nigerian men are not broke. I am very well into my 30s and I don't think they are worse financially now than they've been in the last two decades. You see, I remember the 90s vividly because that's the decade I grew up in. Life was way harder for the Nigerian man but his expectations and aspirations sort of matched his situation. But now we live in an era when we are exposed to so much materialism that we have a hunger for things that are beyond our economic status. Just listen to ten Nigerian love songs and at least eight of them have "I will buy you prada, buy you gucci and ferrari" and all that stuff. These guys sing these things because they feel people like to hear them. It is not coming from a deep place. That guy can't even tell the difference between one designer from the other. He is broke and also a little cerebrally challenged. He can't connect with his audience on a deeper level than that. Listen to your rock music made by people who are are from middle class background with parents who went to college, do you hear all that stuff in their songs? But people from the hood whose parents dropped out of high school and they too did mostly only dwell on such subject matter. You cannot be more than what you are. Our approach to life is this way because we have nothing upstairs.
Look at the poor movies you make always with the same story of a guy who leaves the village and goes to the city, becomes rich and comes back to marry his sweet heart. How many times do you see that scenario in other industries? Why can't we have movies with ordinary folks tackling problems the normal way? We have nothing upstairs. You cannot be more than what you are. The makers of such movies are as unintelligent as the people who watch them. Unfortunately, they influence us. Talk about the blind leading the blind.

Nigerian men are not poor. Nigerian men should live within their means. So should the women who love them.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by Nobody: 10:30pm On May 20, 2017
sexybbstar:

I no chop... I wan swallow am
haha grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by vikiylove(f): 10:34pm On May 20, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

Nigerian men are not broke. I am very well into my 30s and I don't think they are worse financially now than they've been in the last two decades. You see, I remember the 90s vividly because that's the decade I grew up in. Life was way harder for the Nigerian man but his expectations and aspirations sort of matched his situation. But now we live in an era when we are exposed to so much materialism that we have a hunger for things that are beyond our economic status. Just listen to ten Nigerian love songs and at least eight of them have "I will buy you prada, buy you gucci and ferrari" and all that stuff. These guys sing these things because they feel people like to hear them. It is not coming from a deep place. That guy can't even tell the difference between one designer from the other. He is broke and also a little cerebrally challenged. He can't connect with his audience on a deeper level than that. Listen to your rock music made by people who are are from middle class background with parents who went to college, do you hear all that stuff in their songs? But people from the hood whose parents dropped out of high school and they too did mostly only dwell on such subject matter. You cannot be more than what you are. Our approach to life is this way because we have nothing upstairs.
Look at the poor movies you make always with the same story of a guy who leaves the village and goes to the city, becomes rich and comes back to marry his sweet heart. How many times do you see that scenario in other industries? Why can't we have movies with ordinary folks tackling problems the normal way? We have nothing upstairs. You cannot be more than what you are. The makers of such movies are as unintelligent as the people who watch them. Unfortunately, they influence us. Talk about the blind leading the blind.

Nigerian men are not poor. Nigerian men should live within their means. So should the women who love them.

How long did it take you to type this..

You calm that we have nothing upstairs and I know that you are referring to yourself too when you say we..

I see your point and I agree with what you said about living within their means... But the truth is that according to the dictionary.. Nigerian men (most especially) are broke
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by vikiylove(f): 10:36pm On May 20, 2017
zzzzy:
how many people are even able to secure loans, a lot have tried many businesses but still fail. Not many people would be lucky as you.

Because many are running after businesses because they heard it is blooming... Ohh Real Estate Management is the big deal now oo and the run there... Ohh it is blogging and they run there.. Oh it is bulk SMS and they run there.. Ohh it is importation and they run there..

They think it is all about the money... There is no idea, skill or planning.. there is no real passion.. and you expect banks to waste money on such people
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 20, 2017
vikiylove:

I have seen in movies where horsemen whip there horses to drink water and Yes they drink the water... So what are you saying??

Horse whip? You just introduce domestic violence in this context if we are to compare it to Man and a woman. So think am well.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by zzzzy: 10:43pm On May 20, 2017
vikiylove:

Because many are running after businesses because they heard it is blooming... Ohh Real Estate Management is the big deal now oo and the run there... Ohh it is blogging and they run there.. Oh it is bulk SMS and they run there.. Ohh it is importation and they run there..

They think it is all about the money... There is no idea, skill or planning.. there is no real passion.. and you expect banks to waste money on such people
well, it's a vicious circle. They weren't born with a silver spoon, most are born hustlers, they have immediate needs that are to be addressed. That's why they do anything to get the money as soon as possible. You got support from friends and fam, but their friends and fam are hustlers too, they need money in the shortest time possible.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by vikiylove(f): 10:45pm On May 20, 2017
cruchenuti:

Horse whip? You just introduce domestic violence in this context if we are to compare it to Man and a woman. So think am well.

You don't compare horses to a human being laddie ... You can't compare a baby to a grown man because of experience and his higher thinking capability..

That is simply my answer
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by vikiylove(f): 10:46pm On May 20, 2017
zzzzy:
well, it's a vicious circle. They weren't born with a silver spoon, most are born hustlers, they have immediate needs that are to be addressed. That's why they do anything to get the money as soon as possible. You got support from friends and fam, but their friends and fam are hustlers too, they need money in the shortest time possible.

That is why a Plan is needed, so that everyone will know when they will get their money back and how... It is really hard work.. But when you climb up to the top.. It is smooth
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by WORLDPEACE(m): 10:49pm On May 20, 2017
vikiylove:

How long did it take you to type this..

You calm that we have nothing upstairs and I know that you are referring to yourself too when you say we..

I see your point and I agree with what you said about living within their means... But the truth is that according to the dictionary.. Nigerian men (most especially) are broke
Trust me, I used the collective pronoun "we" because I don't want to be condescending. It was deliberate. There is no suffering without desire. You cannot be too broke to buy something if you have no desire for it. Men bend over too much to please women in this country materially. I make my money and I should spend it responsibly, not try to please a deity who demands sacrifices I can't meet. Nigerian men are too weak when it comes to that.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by Nobody: 10:51pm On May 20, 2017
vikiylove:

You don't compare horses to a human being laddie ... You can't compare a baby to a grown man because of experience and his higher thinking capability..

That is simply my answer

Lmao you are dumber than I think oh chaiii. You can't force a horse to drink water is an adage which is referring to human behavior. And you countered my view.

Now you are saying this you don't compare horses to humans. Wtf Wait, are sure you are not 15 years old undecided ?

You are a child cry

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by vikiylove(f): 10:52pm On May 20, 2017
WORLDPEACE:

Trust me, I used the collective pronoun "we" because I don't want to be condescending. It was deliberate. There is no suffering without desire. You cannot be too broke to buy something if you have no desire for it. Men bend over too much to please women in this country materially. I make my money and I should spend it responsibly, not try to please a deity who demands sacrifices I can't meet. Nigerian men are too weak when it comes to that.

Interesting!!.. Your moniker and your comments show that you are a man of class.. Hope it is same in real life?
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by vikiylove(f): 10:54pm On May 20, 2017
cruchenuti:

Lmao you are dumber than I think oh chaiii. You can't force a horse to drink water is an adage which is referring to human behavior. And you countered my view.

Now you are saying this you don't compare horses to humans. Wtf Wait, are sure you are not 15 years old undecided ?

You are a child cry

It was referring to human behaviour and not human thinking.... (and human thinking is what influences behaviour)...Also that adage was made years ago.. And from what I have known is that human thinking has been influenced by material things and selfishness, that their behaviour is worse than before..

I was giving you a matured approach... laddie
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 20, 2017
vikiylove:

It was referring to human behaviour and not human thinking.... (and human thinking is what influences behaviour)...Also that adage was made years ago.. And from what I have known is that human thinking has been influenced by material things and selfishness, that their behaviour is worse than before..

I was giving you a matured approach... laddie

smiley
Re: Why Are Most Nigerian Guys Broke?? by WORLDPEACE(m): 11:04pm On May 20, 2017
vikiylove:

Interesting!!.. Your moniker and your comments show that you are a man of class.. Hope it is same in real life?
I try to be peaceable. What does it mean to be a man of class?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Caught On Camera Having Sex With A Cow. Photos And Video / True Life Story: Never Marry Your Boss' Daughter / Experience With Gays At The Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.