Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,506 members, 7,812,557 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends (26807 Views)

Yunusa Yellow: Bashir Ahmad Promises To Intervene In The Case Of Conviction / Tony Momoh: Why Buhari Won't Intervene In Oshiomhole, Obaseki Crisis / Jubilation In Emir's Palace As Buhari Defeats Atiku In 6 Polling Units In Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Blue3k2: 4:40pm On May 22, 2017
The Kano State House of Assembly has called off its investigation of alleged misappropriation of funds and other infractions by the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi.

The House resolved to drop the probe following a plea through a letter by the state governor, Abdullahi Ganduje, which was read by the speaker, Kabiru Alhassan Rirum, on the floor of the House.

On Sunday, a coalition of civil society groups in the state had also joined in calling on the legislators to stop the exercise.

In his letter, Governor Ganduje said he was calling for the investigation to be dropped as a result of interventions by highly-placed personalities in the matter.

These personalities, according to the letter, include the acting president, Yemi Osinbajo; party leaders; former heads of state Ibrahim Babangida and Abdulsalami Abubakar; Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar; and to businessmen and indigenes of the state, Aliko Dangote and Aminu Dantata.

Mr. Ganduje said although he was reluctant to interfere in the activities of the state’s legislative arm, he appealed to the lawmakers to “temper justice with mercy” and allow peace prevail.

“Much as I recognize your independence as a separate arm of government and who has right to investigate the emir, I am pleading with you to allow peace prevail”, he stated.

He said there had been a meeting in Kaduna over the matter “at the instance of some governors”.

“There is no gain saying (the fact) that the Emir Muhammadu Sunusi ii has admitted all his faults and mistakes and agreed to make adjustment. I think at this juncture, we should allow peace as been achieved to continue”, the governor stated.

The House subsequently resolved to drop the probe.

The decision is coming more than a week after the Kano State government’s anti-corruption agency suspended probe into the financial dealings of the Emirate council.

The Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-corruption Commission was investigating the alleged misuse of N6 billion.

The state’s House of Assembly had launched a separate investigation of the Emir following allegations of funds misappropriation, “defamation of character, breach of oath of office/oath of allegiance, abuse of office privileges and protocol, and political and religious interference”.

The chairman of the anti-corruption body, Muhyi Gado, said the commission was suspending its probe “indefinitely”.

He said the commission could not continue as the House was also conducting an investigation.

Mr. Gado declined further comments.

But a source told PREMIUM TIMES that the commission viewed the investigation by House of Assembly as interference and an effort to scuttle the probe.

“We are not happy with the coming in of the House of Assembly into this matter and we cannot continue doing the same thing with them; that is why we allowed them to do it themselves,” the source

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/231836-kano-assembly-suspends-emir-sanusi-probe-after-osinbajo-ibb-intervention.html

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Ekakamba: 4:42pm On May 22, 2017
“There is no gain saying (the fact) that the Emir Muhammadu Sunusi ii has admitted all his faults and mistakes and agreed to make adjustment. I think at this juncture, we should allow peace as been achieved to continue”, the governor stated.

The House subsequently resolved to drop the probe.

The Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-corruption Commission was investigating the alleged misuse of N6 billion.

The state’s House of Assembly had launched a separate investigation of the Emir following allegations of funds misappropriation, “defamation of character, breach of oath of office/oath of allegiance, abuse of office privileges and protocol, and political and religious interference”.

The chairman of the anti-corruption body, Muhyi Gado, said the commission was suspending its probe “indefinitely”.
I just don't know what to say....... Those muppets (pro-JJ) in support of jungle justice over petty thieves, when are you fools gonna upgrade?? undecided

13 Likes

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by NgeneUkwenu(f): 4:43pm On May 22, 2017
So, it doesnt matter, if he was corrupt or not?

This Country is a huge joke...

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by ojun50(m): 4:45pm On May 22, 2017
I can't believe dis even osinbajo is supporting corruption

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Blue3k2: 4:45pm On May 22, 2017
This stupid news they should have continued it to get the truth. If the investigate and see Emir Sanusi did nothing wrong the government gets egg on its face. If the find corruption we evaluate this traditional institutions and transparency of funds. This only serves to keep status quo and look like a measure flex on emir. Since the governor went out of his way to plead with legislature to kill investigation Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-corruption Commission wont bother.

FriendNG come read this trash the government is pulling with Sanusi.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by kahal29: 4:51pm On May 22, 2017
Even you Osinbajo

15 Likes

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Aromas: 4:56pm On May 22, 2017
ojun50:
I can't believe dis even osinbajo is supporting corruption

Don't be surprise, his body language tells more than his boss grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by doctokwus: 5:06pm On May 22, 2017
Nigeria is a cursed country.
A prominent personality is accused of corruption and leaders intervened to see the probe halted!
Y not allow the probe to reach a logical conclusion,then intervene at d phase of punishment if any guilt is found.
We are not ready to practice democracy and to move this country forward.Everything we are doing is just pure drama and deceit.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by kahal29: 5:12pm On May 22, 2017
doctokwus:
Nigeria is a cursed country.
A prominent personality is accused of corruption and leaders intervened to see the probe halted!
Y not allow the probe to reach a logical conclusion,then intervene at d phase of punishment if any guilt is found.
We are not ready to practice democracy and to move this country forward.Everything we are doing is just pure drama and deceit.

I dey tell you. The one that pains me most is the involvement of the Acting President Osinbajo who is a Pastor and Professor of law

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Decibel: 5:12pm On May 22, 2017
Nigeria as a country is a fraudulent entity where the corrupt elites hold sway

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Decibel: 5:14pm On May 22, 2017
kahal29:
Even you Osinbajo
He is seeking for northern endorsement grin

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by waledeji(m): 5:16pm On May 22, 2017
kahal29:

I dey tell you. The one that pains me most is the involvement of the Acting President Osinbajo who is a Pastor and Professor of law

You guys were the crying that he was being humiliated because he speak the truth about the problem facing the North, now that the investigation is being dropped you guys are still crying again.... . What do you guys really want sef..

I tire for unaoo

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Nbote(m): 5:19pm On May 22, 2017
Anyone who thought dey were going to probe him was definitely smoking peppered horse shit...

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by EmeeNaka: 5:20pm On May 22, 2017
Emir must not give up in saying the truth

14 Likes

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Decibel: 5:21pm On May 22, 2017
Osinbajo is busy endorsing corruption while his boss Buhari abhors it. What an irony! grin
That is to say that fight against corruption is nothing but a ruse cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by ivandragon: 5:31pm On May 22, 2017
two key things;

1. the core North would NEVER allow one of their own to be rubbished. when push comes to shove, they would resolve their differences without resorting to washing their dirty linens in public;

2. the Emir knows a lot of secrets. if he goes down, he would must likely cause serious embarrassment for the APC. he knows where some of the 'skeletons are buried'...

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Blue3k(m): 5:35pm On May 22, 2017
ivandragon:
two key things;

1. the core North would NEVER allow one of their own to be rubbished. when push comes to shove, they would resolve their differences without resorting to washing their dirty linens in public;

2. the Emir knows a lot of secrets. if he goes down, he would must likely cause serious embarrassment for the APC. he knows where some of the 'skeletons are buried'...

Do you have any clue why Aliko Dangote and Aminu Dantata care?

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by kahal29: 5:35pm On May 22, 2017
waledeji:

You guys were the crying that he was being humiliated because he speak the truth about the problem facing the North, now that the investigation is being dropped you guys are still crying again.... . What do you guys really want sef..

I tire for unaoo

Which guys are you referring to?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by lockupnop: 5:39pm On May 22, 2017
APC means Scam angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by orisa37: 5:45pm On May 22, 2017
Matazine people. They brought Sharia to this Country through Aminu Kano. They didn't impeach KwanKwaso when he wasted Kano Money on building Schools and Roads in Niger Republic.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Divinerace(m): 5:54pm On May 22, 2017
If you talk pple complain u talk much. If don't talk pple also complain.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by doctokwus: 5:55pm On May 22, 2017
kahal29:

The one that pains me most is the involvement of the Acting President Osinbajo who is a Pastor and Professor of law
I am already holding my breathe here.I refuse to want to entertain d faintest thought that after d bitter disappointment of what has turned out to be a mirage of the Buhari presidency,an Osinbajo will assume full power and leave the hopes and blif of my type deflated again.
Plz,I stand on the assumption that others may av intervened on Sanusi's matter,but d acting president didn't av anything to do with it.

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by tdbankplc: 5:55pm On May 22, 2017
Why wld pastor stop such?

4 Likes

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by ivandragon: 5:56pm On May 22, 2017
Blue3k:

Do you have any clue why Aliko Dangote and Aminu Dantata care?

& what clue do you have with respect to the involvement of the duo?

the North would always be one. you seriously think they would allow the Emir of Kano to be 'indicted' for corruption?

if he was going to be removed for ascending the throne 'illegally', that would be acceptable. but never would he be removed for corrupt practices.

but you are free to expantiate on your Dangote/Dantata theory though.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by clefstone(m): 5:57pm On May 22, 2017
they have succeeded in showing the Emir how powerless he truly is

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by FriendNG: 6:05pm On May 22, 2017
Blue3k2:
This stupid news they should have continued it to get the truth. If the investigate and see Emir Sanusi did nothing wrong the government gets egg on its face. If the find corruption we evaluate this traditional institutions and transparency of funds. This only serves to keep status quo and look like a measure flex on emir. Since the governor went out of his way to plead with legislature to kill investigation Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-corruption Commission wont bother.

FriendNG come read this trash the government is pulling with Sanusi.

Fight against corruption suffers setback if acting president and other APC governors can interfere.

They should allow him to either prove his innocence or dance the music of justice.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Blue3k(m): 6:08pm On May 22, 2017
ivandragon:

& what clue do you have with respect to the involvement of the duo?

the North would always be one. you seriously think they would allow the Emir of Kano to be 'indicted' for corruption?

if he was going to be removed for ascending the throne 'illegally', that would be acceptable. but never would he be removed for corrupt practices.

but you are free to expantiate on your Dangote/Dantata theory though.

His grand father before him was removed for alleged curruption I think. It's no big deal. What theory did I make? I don't know why those two would honestly besides being from state.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:12pm On May 22, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
So, it doesnt matter, if he was corrupt or not?

This Country is a huge joke...
Absolutely!

Did you see intervention of the political pastor acting president? That dude will be worse than GEJ when it comes to siding corruption and helping cronies if he should assume full office.

he was the same guy that went to court to shield Sanusi when FRCN was investigating him and got court order to halt investigation (similar to what Peter Odili got).

Osinbajo is the same guy helping BAT to evade justice (though I admire BAT).

He is same guy that drafted the fraudulent pension bill for Governor Tinubu and other Lagos state governors that left office. It was his bill that other governors copied and domesticated in their States.

Osinbajo is a scam

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:14pm On May 22, 2017
kahal29:

Why are you surprised? PYO is a fraud bro...
TonyeBarcanista:
Absolutely!

Did you see intervention of the political pastor acting president? That dude will be worse than GEJ when it comes to siding corruption and helping cronies if he should assume full office.

He was the same guy that went to court to shield Sanusi when FRCN was investigating him and got court order to halt investigation (similar to what Peter Odili got).

Osinbajo is the same guy helping BAT to evade justice (though I admire BAT).

He is same guy that drafted the fraudulent pension bill for Governor Tinubu and other Lagos state governors that left office. It was his bill that other governors copied and domesticated in their States.

Osinbajo is a scam

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Firefire(m): 6:34pm On May 22, 2017
Prof. Osunbade is as kworupt as Buhary.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by ivandragon: 6:42pm On May 22, 2017
Blue3k:

His grand father before him was removed for alleged curruption I think. It's no big deal. What theory did I make? I don't know why those two would honestly besides being from state.

yes, but I don't think it was corruption issues.

my point is, the Emir won't be hounded on account of corruption, that it went this far was just to let him know that he is not exactly clean.

as a matter of fact, the 'attack' on the Emir was to have started with a probe of his tenure as CBN governor & to reopen his case with FRCN (not the radio corp.), but it would have been too obvious that it was as a result of his utterances against the FG hence the resort to use the existing conflict between the Emir & the governor.

it would also be more manageable & easier to quell when necessary, but the matter got out of hand & the Emir was prepared to go down swinging, a situation that would have led to embarrassment for the APC as the Emir was ready to reveal some dirty secrets, hence the need for high level intervention.

as for the duo you mentioned, I honestly have no concrete knowledge of why they would get involved.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Russia Vs Ukraine: Reno Omokri Blames Buhari For Biden's Weakness / Atiku Condemns Owo Catholic Church Attack / Hon. Kelvin Ugboajah Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.