Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends (26830 Views)

Yunusa Yellow: Bashir Ahmad Promises To Intervene In The Case Of Conviction / Tony Momoh: Why Buhari Won't Intervene In Oshiomhole, Obaseki Crisis / Jubilation In Emir's Palace As Buhari Defeats Atiku In 6 Polling Units In Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:31pm On May 22, 2017
kahal29:

You are right my boss. This our Acting Pastor abi President is a huge disappointment.
Oga mi, you will be shocked when you dig on this man.
Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Tecno66: 9:32pm On May 22, 2017
Blue3k2:

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/231836-kano-assembly-suspends-emir-sanusi-probe-after-osinbajo-ibb-intervention.html

See what we are talking about. Even the acting president is pleading that curruption case be dropped. This vindicates those who say corruption charges against loyalists are influenced. And by the way, it is this same Sanusi that was blowing whistle of corruption as CBN governor during Jonathan regime. That is why we tell ourselves that these people are the same. Thief calling people thief and mumu people go dey clap follow them.
Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by holyfather(m): 9:35pm On May 22, 2017
bishopkay:

Oga or madam na today you know no? But I'm not saying nothing after all we are the wailers.

Shouldn't you be "sai babaing" or "sai APCing" on this? Now you are beginning to see the "fight against corruption" in the country abi.

Welcome to reality
Thank you very much!
I took my time to go through the comments, couldn't find those of sarrki, omenka, omenkalives and the rest of them.
Patriots indeed.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Blue3k(m): 9:54pm On May 22, 2017
princessayesha:
Imagine! state house members that steal people's money like crazy, trying to investigate a man that has no access to state allocation! angry

The emirate does receive allocation by state law.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by sizzlingcold(m): 10:42pm On May 22, 2017
waledeji:

You guys were the crying that he was being humiliated because he speak the truth about the problem facing the North, now that the investigation is being dropped you guys are still crying again.... . What do you guys really want sef..

I tire for unaoo
The truth
Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Oblang(m): 10:47pm On May 22, 2017
LordAdam16:

You would be disappointed my friend.

You heard it from me first.

You guys should stop placing unrealistic expectations on these people. It isn't good for the country and certainly not for your health.

If Osinbajo replaces Buhari in the effect of Buhari's demise, the corruption in his 2 yrs would be worse than the corruption in Buhari's 2 yrs. A lawyer and later Commissioner of Justice under the utterly corrupt BAT.

If it's about economic performance, Osinbajo would be better than Buhari. Any one would perform better than Buhari. But if it is financial discipline and corruption, just forget Osinbajo.

-Lord

But Gej was disciplined financially right?
Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by engrchykae(m): 10:48pm On May 22, 2017
kahal29:

I dey tell you. The one that pains me most is the involvement of the Acting President Osinbajo who is a Pastor and Professor of law
why are you surprised.so you believed that the ruling elites have business with religion or ethnicity?islam and christianity are for the ignorant masses.power and influence is the religion and ethnicity of the elites world over.
Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by engrchykae(m): 10:52pm On May 22, 2017
Decibel:

He is seeking for northern endorsement grin
the same agelong fatal mistakes of southern politicians.instead of using this opportunity to effect a good change,they will play along and bite him when he is most vulnerable.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by engrchykae(m): 10:56pm On May 22, 2017
clefstone:
they have succeeded in showing the Emir how powerless he truly is
this is simply the aim or goal of the entire drama.
Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by cuteboy2: 10:58pm On May 22, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I am opposition, I criticize Buhari a lot but I have NEVER heard that Buhari aided or partook in any corruption scandal/probe nor did he at any time since being in public service halt or intervened in any corruption probe.

I can't believe this is coming from you. You are usually more cerebral than this.

Where were you when Buhari cleared SGF Babachir Lawal of PINE stealing the first time?

I suspect someone has hacked your account
Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by paramakina202: 11:01pm On May 22, 2017
doctokwus:
Nigeria is a cursed country.
A prominent personality is accused of corruption and leaders intervened to see the probe halted!
Y not allow the probe to reach a logical conclusion,then intervene at d phase of punishment if any guilt is found.
We are not ready to practice democracy and to move this country forward.Everything we are doing is just pure drama and deceit.

See them hypocrites!

When Sanusi was accused of corruption as CBN governor was it not the same corrupt Osinbade that went to court to stop the investigation against him and you all accused GEJ then for witch hunting Sanusi.
Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by paramakina202: 11:04pm On May 22, 2017
Finally the loud mouthed Emir have been silenced by his former partners in crime!
Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by 1miccza: 11:18pm On May 22, 2017
LordAdam16:

By embracing fairness.

Unfortunately, the country is not ready to do that. So we continue waiting until we have a renaissance.

-Lord

Honestly not even in the distant future

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Chinagurum1995(m): 11:27pm On May 22, 2017
OMG this is not good. See that why it always Corruption in Nigeria i mean this is awful that why we really need good changes for our country Nigeria. sad shocked embarassed
Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by MrRichmond: 12:24am On May 23, 2017
Trump is currently on fire in America for a similar situation. This is called obstruction of justice and presidents have been impeached for it.
This is a very serious offense... if this is true

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by 9jasave: 12:46am On May 23, 2017
cristianisraeli:
this is what i dont like about nigeria..they are running nigeria like a traditional palace..this one beg for this one this one intervene for this one..in other countries ex president go to jail for corruption..former prime minister of the state of israel is in jail right now..when would we stop begging for one another and let justice prevail...when...you know someone did something wrong why beg for him...if you beg for a corrupt man..then you are corrupt as well

my brother the story weak me...I have been suspecting the VP of eye-service long before now
Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by 9jasave: 12:49am On May 23, 2017
bionixs:
he had to because he knows that it is a witch hunt and those are accusing him are still the ones conducting the investigation. They will trump him up and indict him at the end of the day

then what is his own?..2019 things.but I know one thing,north will never support or endorse him.
Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Nobody: 7:04am On May 23, 2017
i think its high time we give corruption a new name in this country, corruption is our way of life, it is part of our customs and traditions
Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Nobody: 7:37am On May 23, 2017
ivandragon:
two key things;

1. the core North would NEVER allow one of their own to be rubbished. when push comes to shove, they would resolve their differences without resorting to washing their dirty linens in public;

2. the Emir knows a lot of secrets. if he goes down, he would must likely cause serious embarrassment for the APC. he knows where some of the 'skeletons are buried'...
U got the point
Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Cooly100: 7:51am On May 23, 2017
Behold, the solution to Nigeria's problem in the map.

See map...

You can call it confederation or whatever...The regions who think they want merge can do as it pleases them...There shall be distinct border demarcation...Let every people manage themselves, with their resources...If a particular region likes corruption, so shall it be...If a region wants to generate power and sell to the others so shall it be...If a region wants to destroy their oil and gas pipelines, so shall it be, if a region wants to invest in education, so shall it be, if a region wants to get foreign loans to build their rail system, so shall it be...if they want to build their roads and bridges so shall it be, etc, etc... It hurts development and growth for the huge country to manage itself...as currently constituted...where every decision comes from Abuja...

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Nobody: 7:57am On May 23, 2017
ivandragon:

yes, but I don't think it was corruption issues.

my point is, the Emir won't be hounded on account of corruption, that it went this far was just to let him know that he is not exactly clean.

as a matter of fact, the 'attack' on the Emir was to have started with a probe of his tenure as CBN governor & to reopen his case with FRCN (not the radio corp.), but it would have been too obvious that it was as a result of his utterances against the FG hence the resort to use the existing conflict between the Emir & the governor.

it would also be more manageable & easier to quell when necessary, but the matter got out of hand & the Emir was prepared to go down swinging, a situation that would have led to embarrassment for the APC as the Emir was ready to reveal some dirty secrets, hence the need for high level intervention.

as for the duo you mentioned, I honestly have no concrete knowledge of why they would get involved.

you guys and conspiracies.
you forgot dasuki is from the core north.
Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by bionixs: 8:04am On May 23, 2017
9jasave:

then what is his own?..2019 things.but I know one thing,north will never support or endorse him.
and what is happening now to the one north supported and the supporters? When God says yes, north becomes NORTHING or NOTHING
Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Nobody: 8:04am On May 23, 2017
people just masturbating on this news as if everything they read on papers is true.

this news is just to tarnish Osinbanjos image
Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Blue3k(m): 8:08am On May 23, 2017
schoolboij:
people just masturbating on this news as if everything they read on papers is true.

this news is just to tarnish Osinbanjos image

He can come out and deny it. Its that simple. What does he have a press team for?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by ivandragon: 8:27am On May 23, 2017
schoolboij:

you guys and conspiracies.
you forgot dasuki is from the core north.

have you asked yourself why the FG is pushing for a closed trial for Dasuki?

well, that's how there was 'conspiracy' about PMB being sick, today, we know better.
Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by nweekee222: 10:37am On May 23, 2017
boost your account and see text below

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by iukpe: 11:23am On May 23, 2017
kahal29:

I dey tell you. The one that pains me most is the involvement of the Acting President Osinbajo who is a Pastor and Professor of law

Is he not another boy boy like Johna?
Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by sshalom(m): 2:56pm On May 23, 2017
The statement from Gov Ganduje that “There is no gain saying (the fact) that the Emir Muhammadu Sunusi ii has admitted all his faults and mistakes and agreed to make adjustment. I think at this juncture, we should allow peace as been achieved to continue” really left me bemused.

What are the faults the Emir admitted to?

If the Emir had not decided to speak truth to the rulers in the North would he have been confronted with this backlash?

This event jsut shows that the main thing dragging the North and by extension, Nigeria backwards is the brazen determination to continue retrogressive agenda without minding the future implications!
Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by LanceO: 5:16pm On May 23, 2017
cuteboy2:

I can't believe this is coming from you. You are usually more cerebral than this.

Where were you when Buhari cleared SGF Babachir Lawal of PINE stealing the first time?

I suspect someone has hacked your account
That guy you quoted was only being vindictive, and when you are being vindictive you are blinded by it.... Was it not same guy say pdp won the by-election?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP NWC Suspends Ndudi Elumelu, Others / Aisha Yesufu Blasts Catriona Laing To Nigeria For Praising Nigeria's Election / APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.