Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,237 members, 7,829,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends (26827 Views)

Yunusa Yellow: Bashir Ahmad Promises To Intervene In The Case Of Conviction / Tony Momoh: Why Buhari Won't Intervene In Oshiomhole, Obaseki Crisis / Jubilation In Emir's Palace As Buhari Defeats Atiku In 6 Polling Units In Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by ModsWillKillNL: 7:00pm On May 22, 2017
All of a sudden, Osinbajo is now so powerful and influential abi?
Yeye!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Kyase(m): 7:06pm On May 22, 2017
kahal29:
Even you Osinbajo
now you see only pmb can fight corruption

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Kyase(m): 7:07pm On May 22, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
So, it doesnt matter, if he was corrupt or not?

This Country is a huge joke...
only baba can fight corruption in Nigeria, osinbanjo is only acting but see

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Klington: 7:28pm On May 22, 2017
It shows that they all benefited from the alleged loot directly or indirectly..... No be 9ja grin

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by LionDeLeo: 7:31pm On May 22, 2017
The basket mouth monarch should be probed.

A person living in a glass house shouldn't throw stones.

In which way has he assisted his emirate that he will start running his mouth like a tap?

Even the sarkin Fulanin Gombe that presently foots the bills of some over 3k students at different levels of education is not as derogatory as this flamboyant monarch.

Who is he trying to impress?

They should probe him joor, nonsense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 22, 2017
Blue3k2:

Source: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/231836-kano-assembly-suspends-emir-sanusi-probe-after-osinbajo-ibb-intervention.html

Still not happy with Governor of Kano ,how can he say a fellow retired colleague is answerable to a commissioner ,you brought the Emirate to disrepute and I still expect an apology.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by cristianisraeli: 7:34pm On May 22, 2017
this is what i dont like about nigeria..they are running nigeria like a traditional palace..this one beg for this one this one intervene for this one..in other countries ex president go to jail for corruption..former prime minister of the state of israel is in jail right now..when would we stop begging for one another and let justice prevail...when...you know someone did something wrong why beg for him...if you beg for a corrupt man..then you are corrupt as well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by ephi123(f): 7:35pm On May 22, 2017
I'm curious to see if he will continue speaking out against the Northern "system". Time will tell.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Edu3Again: 7:36pm On May 22, 2017
As usual the North gets away free

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by deadlyviper00: 7:37pm On May 22, 2017
[s]
LionDeLeo:
The basket mouth monarch should be probed.

A person living in a glass house shouldn't throw stones.

In which way has he assisted his emirate that he will start running his mouth like a tap?

Even the sarkin Fulanin Gombe that presently foots the bills of some over 3k students at different levels of education is not as derogatory as this flamboyant monarch.

Who is he trying to impress?

They should probe him joor, nonsense.
[/s]
Nonsense trash
just because he told his people and you the truth.
they didn't probe him when he's attacking pdp and gej
shame on you hypocrites
shatap there and get out
kiss the truth

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by LordAdam16: 7:39pm On May 22, 2017
doctokwus:

I am already holding my breathe here.I refuse to want to entertain d faintest thought that after d bitter disappointment of what has turned out to be a mirage of the Buhari presidency,an Osinbajo will assume full power and leave the hopes and blif of my type deflated again.
Plz,I stand on the assumption that others may av intervened on Sanusi's matter,but d acting president didn't av anything to do with it.

You would be disappointed my friend.

You heard it from me first.

You guys should stop placing unrealistic expectations on these people. It isn't good for the country and certainly not for your health.

If Osinbajo replaces Buhari in the effect of Buhari's demise, the corruption in his 2 yrs would be worse than the corruption in Buhari's 2 yrs. A lawyer and later Commissioner of Justice under the utterly corrupt BAT.

If it's about economic performance, Osinbajo would be better than Buhari. Any one would perform better than Buhari. But if it is financial discipline and corruption, just forget Osinbajo.

-Lord

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by neocortex: 7:39pm On May 22, 2017
Mr. Ganduje said although he was reluctant to interfere in the activities of the state’s legislative arm, he appealed to the lawmakers to “temper justice with mercy” and allow peace prevail.
Ganduje is a liar.
It was all witch hunt, Ganduje instigated the house to investigate a phantom
corruption case because Sanusi spoke against corruption and also sent his
daughter to represent him at a function,
Why is Ganduje now pretending as if he knew nothing about the "investigation" ?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by hucienda: 7:40pm On May 22, 2017
Appears FriendNG was right about Sanusi as regards the corruption allegations.

Henceforth, no one has the moral high ground to call anyone a thief in this country.

Since it's now obvious that in Nigeria what is practised is -
"Protect your thieves while I protect mine".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by 1miccza: 7:44pm On May 22, 2017
So we can now unanimously agree that all the noise about probe, anti corruption, stolen funds, looot, bla bla bla etc are all cases of he who pays the piper dictates the tune.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Eluwilussit(m): 7:44pm On May 22, 2017
clefstone:
they have succeeded in showing the Emir how powerless he truly is

But jonah was afraid to go after him. De-balled jonah. grin

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by Student125(m): 7:44pm On May 22, 2017
I don't blame them, I blame the citizens for keeping quiet.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by olumideinfo: 7:45pm On May 22, 2017
Don't forget the VP take instructions for all his actions, he was wrongly quoted, Bhuari is as corrupt as Jonathan. Anti-corruption war is just against the pdp nothing much. Once you decamped you become a saint, don't be deceive
FriendNG:

Fight against corruption suffers setback if acting president and other APC governors can interfere.

They should allow him to either prove his innocence or dance the music of justice.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by neocortex: 7:46pm On May 22, 2017
It appears this letter was publicised for a strong political reason.
Waiting for the other side of the story.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by 1miccza: 7:48pm On May 22, 2017
LordAdam16:

You would be disappointed my friend.

You heard it from me first.

You guys should stop placing unrealistic expectations on these people. It isn't good for the country and certainly not for your health.

If Osinbajo replaces Buhari in the effect of Buhari's demise, the corruption in his 2 yrs would be worse than the corruption in Buhari's 2 yrs. A lawyer and later Commissioner of Justice under the utterly corrupt BAT.

If it's about economic performance, Osinbajo would be better than Buhari. Any one would perform better than Buhari. But if it is financial discipline and corruption, just forget Osinbajo.

-Lord

My brother if not for the fact that most of us would not want to tell ourselves the truth how would a Lawyer fight corruption in Nigeria irrespective of the toga he is dorning

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by NaijaEfcc: 7:48pm On May 22, 2017
Here is the Translation folks sanusi has agreed to keep quiet asin shut up!!! That's how APC government rolls!!! grin the lesson here is make sure you have no skeleton in your cupboard before you start anything!! Otherwise you will be disgraced like this grin see as them shut up a whole emir hahahahahhaa

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by LordAdam16: 7:53pm On May 22, 2017
hucienda:
Appears FriendNG was right about Sanusi as regards the corruption allegations.

Henceforth, no one has the moral high ground to call anyone a thief in this country.

Since it's now obvious that in Nigeria what is practised is -
"Protect your thieves while I protect mine".

The way you say "henceforth" is funny.

What do you think have been happening?

When Buhari, IBB, and Abdulsalami went into a meeting, came out and insulted all reasonable Nigerians by saying Abacha is not corrupt, what do you think was being practiced?

When the APC turned full circle to embrace OBJ as chief navigator, someone they've been lampooning as an agent of corruption for so long, just because he tore his PDP card, what do you think was being practiced?

What do you think would happen if the CPC faction of APC reinstates the corruption charges of Tinubu? Do you think the SW would say it should continue to fruition or a witch hunt? Even most of the people on this thread saying they should have finished the investigation of Sanusi would call a Tinubu prosecution witch hunt...

Only kids who started voting in 2015, would assume that we haven't been practicing "Protect your thieves while I protect mine."

That is why you would never find me here lampooning any SS corrupt person. It doesn't mean I condone corruption, it is only because I am a realist. As I'll repeatedly say, you cannot call Tinubu a saint, and expect me to crucify Ibori.

-Lord

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by azimibraun: 7:56pm On May 22, 2017
Oh!!! My God. Now they are going to hide behind the intervention to say they were prevented from embarrassing themselves and losing their seats in the next election. IBB and Oibanajo why Na? As if all there financial statement and secret bank accounts are not known by the emir already; he was just waiting for them to dare him before their case turn to that of the proverbial bush meat catching the hunter. Small fries messing with the Don Dada...

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by FriendNG: 7:56pm On May 22, 2017
olumideinfo:
Don't forget the VP take instructions for all his actions, he was wrongly quoted, Bhuari is as corrupt as Jonathan. Anti-corruption war is just against the pdp nothing much. Once you decamped you become a saint, don't be deceive

Buhari will never instruct the A.g President on that matter. Buhari done pass that level. A.g Osinbanjo was never misquoted, he is clearly supporting corruption.

Buhari is the only man ready 2 fight corruption.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by PREBuhari2019: 7:57pm On May 22, 2017
Thunder fire una
Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by LordAdam16: 8:03pm On May 22, 2017
1miccza:

My brother if not for the fact that most of us would not want to tell ourselves the truth how would a Lawyer fight corruption in Nigeria irrespective of the toga he is dorning

The thing is that everyone is playing by the "all is fair in politics" mantra.

If GEJ becomes an APC member today, his administration would become the most celebrated administration since 1999.

As a country, we have gotten to the point where our truth has expiry date.

In 2011, Tinubu and el-Rufai painted Buhari as a devil.

In 2015, Tinubu and el-Rufai deified Buhari.

In 2019, if Buhari is still alive and he anoints someone that neither Tinubu and el-Rufai wants, they'll quickly re-paint him as a devil.

So it is not that we do not want to tell ourselves the truth. The fact is that we cannot tell ourselves the truth even if we wanted to. The religion, ethnicity, party affiliation would condition what we can or cannot tell ourselves.

-Lord

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by FriendNG: 8:03pm On May 22, 2017
doctokwus:

I am already holding my breathe here.I refuse to want to entertain d faintest thought that after d bitter disappointment of what has turned out to be a mirage of the Buhari presidency,an Osinbajo will assume full power and leave the hopes and blif of my type deflated again.
Plz,I stand on the assumption that others may av intervened on Sanusi's matter,but d acting president didn't av anything to do with it.

That means Osinbanjo did not. It is only Kano state governor that is lying in written form to Kano legislators. Continue.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by hucienda: 8:03pm On May 22, 2017
LordAdam16:

The way you say "henceforth" is funny.

What do you think have been happening?

When Buhari, IBB, and Abdulsalami went into a meeting, came out and insulted all reasonable Nigerians by saying Abacha is not corrupt, what do you think was being practiced?

When the APC turned full circle to embrace OBJ as chief navigator, someone they've been lampooning as an agent of corruption for so long, just because he tore his PDP card, what do you think was being practiced?

What do you think would happen if the CPC faction of APC reinstates the corruption charges of Tinubu? Do you think the SW would say it should continue to fruition or a witch hunt? Even most of the people on this thread saying they should have finished the investigation of Sanusi would call a Tinubu prosecution witch hunt...

Only kids who started voting in 2015, would assume that we haven't been practicing "Protect your thieves while I protect mine."

That is why you would never find me here lampooning any SS corrupt person. It doesn't mean I condone corruption, it is only because I am a realist. As I'll repeatedly say, you cannot call Tinubu a saint, and expect me to crucify Ibori.

-Lord

Bull's eye.

Aint no way in helll am I gonna call Tompolo a thief when Buhari would say Abacha isn't despite the obvious we keep hearing from the Swiss. Or Ibori, the patron of embezzlement when folks like IBB and Tinubu walk the country as 'models'.

Real and forthright as always, LordAdam16.

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by TPAND(f): 8:04pm On May 22, 2017
hol hol hol up hol up.... just hol up

I THOUGHT OSINBAJO IS A PASTOR

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by positivetaught: 8:06pm On May 22, 2017
it should now be clear to everyone the kind of corruption this administration is fighting, tormenting opponents n shielding allies in the guise of corruption fight,rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo & Babangida Intervene In Emir Sanusi's Probe, Kano Assembly Suspends by FriendNG: 8:06pm On May 22, 2017
uruba23:

Still not happy with Governor of Kano ,how can he say a fellow retired colleague is answerable to a commissioner ,you brought the Emirate to disrepute and I still expect an apology.

It is a fact. Sunusi is answerable to a mare commissioner.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Miyetti Allah Sets Up Vigilante Nationwide / APC Will Slash Tariffs On Imported Cars -osinbajo / Top Benefits Of Buhari's Foreign Trips Thus Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.