Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku (31298 Views)

Buhari’s Government Promises 2 Geo-political Zones 2023 Presidency / PDP Vrs BUHARI Chances In 6 Geo-political Zones. / Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by Nobody: 12:37pm On May 23, 2017
`
Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by misano(m): 12:37pm On May 23, 2017
blackfase:
People don't be fooled. They run their mouth when they are seeking votes. Its clear as the day this thieving crook wants another shot at Aso Rock. Once there, the story is bound to change. Don't be fooled.

#they don come to tell us another story again.....

We will not be fooled. Atiku go & hide ur face in Shiiiit. Thanks for the comment.
Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by ModsWillKillNL: 12:38pm On May 23, 2017
seguno2:

I thought that it was Tinubu who led Yorubas to give Buhari the 25% he needed in 24 states to become the president?
Is that not true?
Do you still maintain your position on who is slave to whom and who is master of whom?

@bolded
So that a Yoruba can become at least acting president with presidency in sight rather than face political annihilation/extinction in the hands of GEJ, to the detriment and chagrin of the real slaves, the flatiyeasterners . cool grin

Makes a whole lot of sense. grin

Kudos to Tinubu. grin

2 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by seguno2: 12:38pm On May 23, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:
Obasanjo is not pro-restructuring. embarassed

Yorubas like him are part of the problem and reason Yorubas cannot successfully push for restructuring. embarassed

Is Obasanjo equal to the Yorubas?
Was he not rejected at the polls in 1999 by the Yorubas?
Was he and his daughter not rejected by the Yorubas in 2007?
So what are you saying?
Stop talking like a confused person, abeg!

3 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by ModsWillKillNL: 12:40pm On May 23, 2017
seguno2:

Is Obasanjo equal to the Yorubas?
Was he not rejected at the polls in 1999 by the Yorubas?
Was he and his daughter not rejected by the Yorubas in 2007?
So what are you saying?
Stop talking like a confused person, abeg!

It doesn't stop him from being a Yoruba man, a very powerful and influential one, at that. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by seguno2: 12:41pm On May 23, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:
@bolded
So that a Yoruba can become at least acting president with presidency in sight rather than face political annihilation/extinction in the hands of GEJ to the detriment and chagrin of the real slaves, the flatiyeasterners . cool

Makes a whole lot of sense. grin

Kudos to Tinubu. grin

The constitution is clearly not set up for any part of the country to be politically annihilated except for greedy thieves who cry marginalisation because they cannot steal to their heart's desire while pretending to represent their tribe!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by Sonoyom(m): 12:42pm On May 23, 2017
Give us true federalism or allow Biafra to go
Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by okechuks22: 12:50pm On May 23, 2017
blackfase:
People don't be fooled. They run their mouth when they are seeking votes. Its clear as the day this thieving crook wants another shot at Aso Rock. Once there, the story is bound to change. Don't be fooled.

#they don come to tell us another story again.....
my brother I wish the youths will know what u know
Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by LexngtonSteele: 12:55pm On May 23, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

The constitution is what is holding Yorubas. It is almost impossible to amend the constitution if northerners don't agree to it.

Unless the north agree to it, there is nothing we can do. That is the sad truth. sad

That is why our leaders keep facing the north squarely to see to it that the agree to restructuring. cool Cowardly, slavish flatiyeasterners would rather face the Yorubas than their abokki masters. grin The civil war really gave Igbos low self esteem.

Why didn't GEJ achieve restructuring? grin

"Cowardly, slavish flatiyeasterners would rather face the Yorubas than their abokki masters."

Perfect description! We really need to help the developers to recover from the trauma those guys dealt them.

They are afraid of them....even ONLINE shocked

6 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by brojoshua: 12:59pm On May 23, 2017
How do these stop corruption, injustice and the likes which are the downfall of a corrupt country
Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by gberra: 1:01pm On May 23, 2017
omoharry:
I think Calabar because it is more peaceful than other regions...
Omo, Come to daddy.

1 Like

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 23, 2017
Alariwo2:

I'm perfectly okay..

Your people lack education which is very bad. Awo's effort on you guys is nothing but a waste.

It annoys me when a particular group emit hate, bitterness, stupidity and to top it all with chronic illiteracy. I think we need to start feeding you people over there with amala and ewedu so your brains can charge.

Hahahahahahahaha....
I thought there was something there now I know you are just a kid who's is joking around...
SMH and I thought you were serious even...
I bet you are dating one super model ibo chik sef
SMH
Abeg go away jor
grin
Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by gberra: 1:10pm On May 23, 2017
kingzizzy:
The entire 36 states in Nigeria are a waste of time and money, they should be all abolished because Regions are much better and cost effective.

The only place I differ with Atiku is the adoption of the 6 geopolitical zones as the federating Regions. I think that a referendum should be held to allow people decide what Region they want to join.

Also, each Region will have right of secession.
You can't seem to hide your inferiority complex which clearly defines you a unity beggar. Like it or not SS would go their separate ways. They have both the population, land mass & resources to chart their course. Your antics kole werk!

Igbos always cry tongue

2 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by AreaFada2: 1:14pm On May 23, 2017
mr1759:
so in south south where are we going to use as regional city capital
There are many options. We have PH, Benin, Calabar, Uyo, Yenagoa, Asaba, Warri.

But to me the best would be Calabar. It was the first Capital City of Nigeria. Or Uyo.

Calabar would be the least controversial. It is a relatively neat city, not too big, Calabar people are not overly influential to use it to dominate regional politics. Uyo is very modern too and fairly neutral as an option.

PH should concentrate on business, financial services & oil industry HQ matters. Benin would not be accepted as a core SS city, although its long history would have be a good reason. Asaba would be considered an Igbo town and many would oppose it.

Although I can see Ijaw also opposing Calabar.
Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by PapaBrowne(m): 1:15pm On May 23, 2017
kingzizzy:

Sorry but you have to abolish the states if you are to implement Regionalism. To have states and Regions is to make things much worse as you will have Regional Premiers, state Governors, Regional parliaments, state houses of assembly, national assembly. It would be too much and far more expensive than what we have now.

Nigeria did not used to have states, all these states are just mere military creations.

In Regionalism, the states have to go, the state assmbly's have to, the Senate has to go, the office of executive president and commander in chief of the armed forces has to go to be replaced by two new offices. The office of primeminister who will now hold executive power while the president of parliament will hold the title of commander in chief.

Also, many of the current Local governments will be merged with others to make 'provinces'. The old Eastern Region only had 20 provinces

Having states and regions should not automatically equate to having more and more layers of governance. Everything doesn't need to have a replica of the other. I'd recommend we abolish state houses of assembly and replace them with regional houses, but we should have state executives headed by governors. Having regions and scrapping states would leave us with the same old problem of over centralization.

Also, this idea of sticking to what was in the past is the problem with the African mindset. Who says we cant create something new that would work in this era. True, states were a creation of the military, that doesn't mean it should be discarded just because! We should seek a model that would take us into the future, not just something that was in the past.

My best bet would be like this:

The 6 regions and 36 states are the best geographical composition we can have in Nigeria today. So we should maintain that. I would have recommended an additional state in the South East to match up with the rest but I think that should be up to the south east to decide. But the landmass is small. If the entire South East were a state, it would be the 14th largest state in Nigeria meaning there are currently 13 states in Nigeria bigger than the 5 states of the South East combined. But then again, Lagos as small as it is stays bigger in GDP than the least 25 states combined.

I would recommend an executive President in Abuja to manage the country.
I would recommend six regional heads to serve as executives for the regions.
The state governors should be retained but state houses of assembly should be eradicated and replaced with regional houses.

Executives are responsible for development so we an have different layers for that as that requires everyday work. Lawmakers just make laws and sincerely their services are not needed daily

We need to come up with new solutions as deliberate extensively to see which would work out best. And es, if it doesn't work after trying it, we discard it and try something else!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by emi14: 1:15pm On May 23, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:

The constitution is what is holding Yorubas. It is almost impossible to amend the constitution if northerners don't agree to it.

Unless the north agree to it, there is nothing we can do. That is the sad truth. sad

That is why our leaders keep facing the north squarely to see to it that the agree to restructuring. cool Cowardly, slavish flatiyeasterners would rather face the Yorubas than their abokki masters. grin The civil war really gave Igbos low self esteem.

Why didn't GEJ achieve restructuring? grin
Brother...Igbo man low self esteem? A torn in your yash? I question the source of your information.

4 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by nkemjacob2(m): 1:16pm On May 23, 2017
Wen he was d Vp. Y didn't he tell OBJ. He is looking for presidential ticket. Oga u won't get it.

1 Like

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by three: 1:18pm On May 23, 2017
PapaBrowne:

I would recommend an executive President in Abuja to manage the country.
I would recommend six regional heads to serve as executives for the regions.
The state governors should be retained but state houses of assembly should be eradicated and replaced with regional houses.

I like your rationale. For some reason some people are afraid to even entertain the idea of structural change.

However, without State Assemblies how do the twin issues of representation and 'check & balance' figure?
Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by Alariwo2: 1:18pm On May 23, 2017
lestat:

Hahahahahahahaha....
I thought there was something there now I know you are just a kid who's is joking around...
SMH and I thought you were serious even...
I bet you are dating one super model ibo chik sef
SMH
Abeg go away jor
grin

You call a gallant soldier from a tiger clan somewhere in SW joker?

you should be careful with words.. I'm fierce and nice inside, depends on how I perceive an individual
Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by emi14: 1:20pm On May 23, 2017
Alariwo2:

It's rants like this that makes me hate you and your likes for no reason.

So Yorubas are the ones to restructure Nigeria after Igbos destroyed the former system. Did Nzeogwu, Ironsi and co. consider Yorubas when they were acting foolishly?

GEJ was there for six years, you same Igbos turned him against Yorubas for your enjoyment. Restructuring wasn't necessary then o..

This treachery and backstabbing nature in inborn in you lots and our eyes have opened clearly now. you'll cry till eternity
Is Nzeogwu an Igbo man?
Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by Nobody: 1:21pm On May 23, 2017
Alariwo2:

You call a gallant soldier from a tiger clan somewhere in SW joker?

you should be careful with words.. I'm fierce and nice inside, depends on how I perceive an individual

Hahahahaha
You are a clown
Abeg go away
Hahahahaha
Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by Alariwo2: 1:21pm On May 23, 2017
emi14:

Is Nzeogwu an Igbo man?

No.. he is an Hausa man.
sorry, he's mixture of Hausa and yoruba
Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 23, 2017
seguno2:

Why didn't Obasanjo achieve restructuring in eight years of civilian presidency after three years as military dictator?
Should a reasonable Nigerian expect a bloody civilian from a minority tribe to achieve restructuring that a retired army General and former military strongman from a major tribe could not achieve?
Is it that you don't understand our country or you are only seeking an opportunity to tarnish Jonathan's democratic credentials?

Did obasanjo ever in his life support restructuring? Was obasanjo ever in nadeco or afenifere?

Why do u think Yorubas all voted olu falae in 1999? You need to stop mixing issues, Yoruba might respect obasanjo now over the years but that doesn't mean they don't know where he stands concerning the issues. Obasanjo believes in a unitary Nigeria and says it proudly.
Everyone also knows where tinubu stands. He supports regional restructuring. You don't achieve things by force. Atiku is an active APC member. He is obviously convinced. Allow him preach the gospel to his people till they get it in their skulls. By the time a restructuring bill goes to the Senate, at least the southwest, southsouth and some parts of the north will vote "yea".

The problem is you igbos live in lala land. U think seccession is easy? You don't even have any plan, just dreams. U guys better start using ur heads. Regionalism helps u build an administration and important institutions. Seccession is suicide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by AreaFada2: 1:25pm On May 23, 2017
nkemjacob2:
Wen he was d Vp. Y didn't he tell OBJ. He is looking for presidential ticket. Oga u won't get it.
You know he had a very rocky relationship with OBJ. Atiku wanted the ticket in 2003. Although OBJ persuaded him, actually begged Atiku. Because OBJ wasn't even sure of SW support then.

But OBJ pretended just to win the ticket and election. But Atiku was automatically a traitor and sworn enemy in OBJ's eyes after that. OBJ rendered him irrelevant after 2003 election. We can never be sure what he suggested or did not suggest to OBJ earlier.

His idea will not win him supporters in the North &b he knows that. But it is the best idea to restructure Nigeria since 1966.

Only problem is you cannot trust our politicians once they gain power. Much less a very corrupt guy like Atiku.
Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by kingzizzy: 1:25pm On May 23, 2017
gberra:
You can't seem to hide your inferiority complex which clearly defines you a unity beggar. Like it or not SS would go their separate ways. They have both the population, land mass & resources to chart their course. Your antics kole werk!

Igbos always cry tongue

Which one is unity begger? You are the person already begging for unity with 'SS'. Its laughable how someone can bring more than 40 tribes together and call them 'SS' or Niger Delta, what is that one supposed to mean?

A refendum has to be used to ask the various tribes which Region they want to belong to, not snatch peoples lands in the name of 'South South' that is not even recognised by the constitution.

2 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by emi14: 1:30pm On May 23, 2017
Alariwo2:

No.. he is an Hausa man.
sorry, he's mixture of Hausa and yoruba
Do you agree that Deltans are Igbos? If yes then he is Igbo.
Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 23, 2017
Atiku has the accurate perspective, and I can vote for him based on the fact that he is able to say this out and he actually sounds Presidential in every sense of the word, every letter of the alphabets and every conspiracy in the propaganda. If Aso Rock is his desire, then his words have changed my perception of him but his action is what will cement his name on the sands of time on this planet of the Sun.

1 Like

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 23, 2017
I think the most oppressed region in Nigeria is the north central. They don't seem to have a voice cos they are so diverse and have no resource giving them any economic power. I just hope the northeast and northwest don't try to kolobi their land. They need strong leaders.

1 Like

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 23, 2017
Billyonaire:
Atiku has the accurate perspective, and I can vote for him based on the fact that he is able to say this out and he actually sounds Presidential in every sense of the word, every letter of the alphabets and every conspiracy in the propaganda. If Aso Rock is his desire, then his words have changed my perception of him but his action is what will cement his name on the sands of time on this planet of the Sun.

Forget these politicians sir. I just checked APC manifesto and I have been laughing since then. when he gets there, he will do a swift u-turn.

Why campaign to become the president of Nigeria and reduce your presidential powers for the benefit of Nigeria as a nation?

I don't think Atiku is selfless. Man is selfish.
Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by MaziEDOZIE(m): 2:03pm On May 23, 2017
I hope no be their usual pattern in other to get the public attention so that they will continue their normal looting?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ismaila Isa Funtua Buried In Abuja / #WhereIsBuhari Trending On Twitter / Gov Ortom Announces Peter Obi As His Preferred 2023 Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.