Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku (31299 Views)

Buhari’s Government Promises 2 Geo-political Zones 2023 Presidency / PDP Vrs BUHARI Chances In 6 Geo-political Zones. / Which Is The Most Developed Geo-Political Zone In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by kingzizzy: 11:07am On May 23, 2017
PapaBrowne:
We don't have to abolish states to implement regions same way we didn't abolish LGs to implement states.

But without question regionalization is the only way forward.

I was in Kaduna and Kano some months ago. In Kaduna at the central area, you have some tall buildings mostly built in the 60s that depict the glory days of the city. In Kano, you have some wonderful buildings mostly built in the 60s. Then you have numerous warehouses in Bombay industrial layout also from the 60s that indicate that it thrived greatly in an era before this.

There are hardly any new quality buildings in these two cities for the last 40 years.

Isn't it a clear indication that regionalism favored the North and the oil has not benefited it in any way? Why then would its leaders be opposed to

Sorry but you have to abolish the states if you are to implement Regionalism. To have states and Regions is to make things much worse as you will have Regional Premiers, state Governors, Regional parliaments, state houses of assembly, national assembly. It would be too much and far more expensive than what we have now.

Nigeria did not used to have states, all these states are just mere military creations.

In Regionalism, the states have to go, the state assmbly's have to, the Senate has to go, the office of executive president and commander in chief of the armed forces has to go to be replaced by two new offices. The office of primeminister who will now hold executive power while the president of parliament will hold the title of commander in chief.

Also, many of the current Local governments will be merged with others to make 'provinces'. The old Eastern Region only had 20 provinces

5 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by omoharry(f): 11:10am On May 23, 2017
mr1759:
so in south south where are we going to use as regional city capital
I think Calabar because it is more peaceful than other regions...

2 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by signz: 11:24am On May 23, 2017
Let it be on record that I AM SUPPORTING ALHAJI ATIKU ABUBAKAR for 2019 elections. I may not agree with all his ideas here, eg abolishing states.

At least until I see another candidate that has better ideas than him.

I'm yet to see anyother aspirant that is speaking about issues like Turaki.

2 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by Nobody: 11:57am On May 23, 2017
Abeg abeg abeg
Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by Arsenalholic1: 11:57am On May 23, 2017
Kemperor:
Bubu said the samething... We are seeing another thing..

Nothing for you Northerners.. NIGERIANS are now politcal active no more political apathy...
1000 Likes!

5 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by robosky02(m): 11:58am On May 23, 2017
finally six countries are here grin

2 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by Alariwo2: 12:03pm On May 23, 2017
yorubaisevil:

GEJ didn't achieve restructuring because of diabolical people like you. Besides, GEJ has not be screaming restructuring... Yoruba's have been screaming restructuring since God know when. Also GEJ did not claim suffercation and GEJ is just a single individual, but yorubas claimed all goodies goodies in Nigeria, yet they can't achieve restructuring... What a shame...cowards

It's rants like this that makes me hate you and your likes for no reason.

So Yorubas are the ones to restructure Nigeria after Igbos destroyed the former system. Did Nzeogwu, Ironsi and co. consider Yorubas when they were acting foolishly?

GEJ was there for six years, you same Igbos turned him against Yorubas for your enjoyment. Restructuring wasn't necessary then o..

This treachery and backstabbing nature in inborn in you lots and our eyes have opened clearly now. you'll cry till eternity

6 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by hohafrank(m): 12:03pm On May 23, 2017

1 Like

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by ogashman(m): 12:05pm On May 23, 2017
atiku atiku atiku!

where was ur thinking cap wen u were VP?

ohhh this is coming now because of ur presidential ambition which is already dead on arrival. we ain't buying this. let it come from a more better person with integrity.

3 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by Nobody: 12:10pm On May 23, 2017
Alariwo2:

So Yorubas are the ones to restructure Nigeria after Igbos destroyed the former system. Did Nzeogwu, Ironsi and co. consider Yorubas when they were acting foolishly?

GEJ was there for six years, you same Igbos turned him against Yorubas for your enjoyment. Restructuring wasn't necessary then o..

This treachery and backstabbing nature in inborn in you lots and our eyes have opened clearly now. you'll cry till eternity

You sound deranged... The word hate used shows you have serious self esteem issues.
I am sure you are a wife or girl friend beater ?

You may have had valid points but your bitterness and chronic depression has overshadowed your good points.
Get professional help fast

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by seguno2: 12:12pm On May 23, 2017
Is this one still alive, politically?
I thought Obasanjo killed his star ni?
Maybe Atiku has the latest gist on Buhari that is why he has mouth to talk now.
Who knows?

3 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by Amgreat70(m): 12:13pm On May 23, 2017
mr1759:
Port Harcourt

4 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:13pm On May 23, 2017
juman:
A suggestion from him.
But the main problem in this country is lack of good leaders.
Every regions have no good leaders.

The country suppose to be divided and be separated.
One nigeria is obviously a failure.
Did you read what you posted? 'Every region have no good leaders. The country suppose to be divided and seperated'. And after that you think good leaders will spring up? Na wa for these Nairaland posters o!

2 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 12:14pm On May 23, 2017
I will vote for this man if he is the only one talking about restructuring come 2019, Goodluck with all his good intentions was played into a corner, Buhari with all is morality and hard hand is still ineffective. The only thing that nigeria needs now is restructuring an I hope my Igbo brothers are listening. Though I am Yoruba from ogun state. I think the Yoruba nation has gotten lazy because of lagos.

4 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by seguno2: 12:16pm On May 23, 2017
juman:
A suggestion from him.
But the main problem in this country is lack of good leaders.
Every regions have no good leaders.

The country suppose to be divided and be separated.
One nigeria is obviously a failure.

Are the leaders not former followers?
Are they not Nigerians?
In your own corner of our country, how many of your leaders- LGA Councillor, chairman, state assembly lawmaker, senator, representative and governor- have you contributed to their emergence by donating to their campaign?
How many?
If you don't participate, how then do YOU expect good leaders to emerge?
Please explain.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by Alariwo2: 12:17pm On May 23, 2017
lestat:

You sound deranged... The word hate used shows you have serious self esteem issues.
I am sure you are a wife or girl friend beater ?

You may have had valid points but your bitterness and chronic depression has overshadowed your good points.
Get professional help fast

I'm perfectly okay..

Your people lack education which is very bad. Awo's effort on you guys is nothing but a waste.

It annoys me when a particular group emit hate, bitterness, stupidity and to top it all with chronic illiteracy. I think we need to start feeding you people over there with amala and ewedu so your brains can charge.

6 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by malton: 12:19pm On May 23, 2017
PapaBrowne:
We don't have to abolish states to implement regions same way we didn't abolish LGs to implement states.

But without question regionalization is the only way forward.

I was in Kaduna and Kano some months ago. In Kaduna at the central area, you have some tall buildings mostly built in the 60s that depict the glory days of the city. In Kano, you have some wonderful buildings mostly built in the 60s. Then you have numerous warehouses in Bombay industrial layout also from the 60s that indicate that it thrived greatly in an era before this.

There are hardly any new quality buildings in these two cities for the last 40 years.

Isn't it a clear indication that regionalism favored the North and the oil has not benefited it in any way? Why then would its leaders be opposed to

You did travel and visited the mentioned places.

However, it appears like the northerners have become lazy.
Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by OHIsIManuEL(m): 12:19pm On May 23, 2017
mr1759:
warri

1 Like

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by seguno2: 12:22pm On May 23, 2017
blackfase:
People don't be fooled. They run their mouth when they are seeking votes. Its clear as the day this thieving crook wants another shot at Aso Rock. Once there, the story is bound to change. Don't be fooled.

#they don come to tell us another story again.....

Just like the thieving crook who has gone AWOL from Aso Rock to enjoy the other room of London said in 2011 when he was trying the third time for a return to the presidency.
Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by TheRealestGuy(m): 12:22pm On May 23, 2017
Mynd44:

And the NE too.

People dont see the amount of wahala taken away by creating states.

Are you saying there were no states when Nigeria had only 3 regions? There were still units inside those regions.

We're talking about making the units of the country viable and making leaders more accountable you're talking of wahala of state capital, I expected more from you.
Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 23, 2017
atiku is right

1 Like

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by seguno2: 12:27pm On May 23, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:
The constitution is what is holding Yorubas. It is almost impossible to amend the constitution if northerners don't agree to it.

Unless the north agree to it, there is nothing we can do. That is the sad truth. sad

That is why our leaders keep facing the north squarely to see to it that the agree to restructuring. cool Cowardly, slavish flatiyeasterners would rather face the Yorubas than their abokki masters. grin The civil war really gave Igbos low self esteem.

Why didn't GEJ achieve restructuring? grin

Why didn't Obasanjo achieve restructuring in eight years of civilian presidency after three years as military dictator?
Should a reasonable Nigerian expect a bloody civilian from a minority tribe to achieve restructuring that a retired army General and former military strongman from a major tribe could not achieve?
Is it that you don't understand our country or you are only seeking an opportunity to tarnish Jonathan's democratic credentials?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by TheRealestGuy(m): 12:28pm On May 23, 2017
Alariwo2:

First off, don't you ever tag whatever Nzeogwu and his cohorts did as an Igbo act. The actions of a few soldiers cannot be pinned to the larger ethnic group, unless your reasoning is very poor and malnourished.

Second, the clamour for restructuring has always been there even while GEJ was in power. Why do you think the 2014 national confab was called?

Third, you can keep on hating but be rest assured that Nigeria will not survive for too long with this current system that breeds corruption and nepotism.

Stop seeing everything from a defective prism.

3 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by misano(m): 12:28pm On May 23, 2017
lilytender:
Mr great thief Atiku, why didn't you and the senior thief Obasanjo do this when you looters where in power? I beg go and die jooor.

Help me ask D criminal.

2 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by seguno2: 12:28pm On May 23, 2017
allrightsir:
atiku is right

Just like Buhari was right in TALKING about restructuring in 2011 but has NOT done it since he was given power in 2015?

2 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by TheRealestGuy(m): 12:30pm On May 23, 2017
seguno2:

Why didn't Obasanjo achieve restructuring in eight years of civilian presidency after three years as military dictator?
Should a reasonable Nigerian expect a bloody civilian from a minority tribe to achieve restructuring that a retired army General and former military strongman from a major tribe could not achieve?
Is it that you don't understand our country or you are only seeking an opportunity to tarnish Jonathan's democratic credentials?

Nah, he's one of the demented purveyors of tribalism on here. You can see that from his the bold part of his post.

2 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by Chiaka(f): 12:30pm On May 23, 2017
Good suggestion in the right direction. Modern thought........
Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by ModsWillKillNL: 12:30pm On May 23, 2017
seguno2:

Obasanjo is not pro-restructuring. embarassed

Yorubas like him are part of the problem and reason Yorubas cannot successfully push for restructuring. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by eph12(m): 12:30pm On May 23, 2017
mr1759:
Does it matter?

1 Like

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by yorubaisevil: 12:32pm On May 23, 2017
Alariwo2:

I wonder why most of you are diabolically deaf, Igbo wants Biafra and have been so specific and static about it....why are you people always divert attention.... Yoruba's wanted restructuring from the word go, but up to now, they haven't achieved anything, besides, I haven't see Yoruba's doing anything worthwhile for the achievement of restructuring.... The diabolical Yoruba's are only interest in helping Hausa Fulani to ensure Igbo does not achieve their Biafra, but you have never seem igbos helping the hausa Fulani to ensure yoruba does not achieve their restructuring.... Yorubas are diabolical hypocrites and evil, always diverting from the main issue...

...Igbo want biafra. Besides, if nigerian is all about Igbo and Yoruba's, Igbo will always have whatever they wanted....and if Nigeria is all about Igbo and Hausa fulani , Igbo will always have what it wanted, you diabolical Yoruba's are willing tools which the Hausa Fulani uses against Igbo.... Igbo's is like a lone man fighting many evil people at the time

2 Likes

Re: Abolish States, Adopt 6 Geo-political Zones As Federating Units – Atiku by seguno2: 12:33pm On May 23, 2017
ModsWillKillNL:
The constitution is what is holding Yorubas. It is almost impossible to amend the constitution if northerners don't agree to it.

Unless the north agree to it, there is nothing we can do. That is the sad truth. sad

That is why our leaders keep facing the north squarely to see to it that the agree to restructuring. cool Cowardly, slavish flatiyeasterners would rather face the Yorubas than their abokki masters. grin The civil war really gave Igbos low self esteem.

Why didn't GEJ achieve restructuring? grin

I thought that it was Tinubu who led Yorubas to give Buhari the 25% he needed in 24 states to become the president?
Is that not true?
Do you still maintain your position on who is slave to whom and who is master of whom?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gov Ortom Announces Peter Obi As His Preferred 2023 Presidential Candidate / 'It’s Too Late For Atiku To Use Chicago University Records Against Me', Tinubu / Abati Counters Rufai Oseni On Live TV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.