Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti (14176 Views)

Boston Heaves A Sigh Of Relief As Bomb Suspect Is Arrested, Suspect In Critical / Haiti Joins African Union / I Can Breathe A Sigh Of Relief (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 15, 2010
aha i didnt even know someone had asked my question long long ago . . . think on it as you "give".

[size=15pt]Why Aren't There Any Successful Black Nations In The World?[/size]
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by otele(m): 10:00pm On Jan 15, 2010
come to think of it, haiti shares a small island with domrep, and domrep is apparently far better than haiti, and yet when earthquake decided to attack, it chose hapless haiti . . . na wa o
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by otele(m): 10:01pm On Jan 15, 2010
davidylan:

aha i didnt even know someone had asked my question long long ago . . . think on it as you "give".

[size=15pt]Why Aren't There Any Successful Black Nations In The World?[/size]

botswana is making progress
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 15, 2010
otele:

come to think of it, haiti shares a small island with domrep, and domrep is apparently far better than haiti, and yet when earthquake decided to attack, it chose hapless haiti . . . na wa o

Forget about the earthquake for a second . . . ask yourself that question in highlights again . . .
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 15, 2010
otele:

botswana is making progress

the jury is out on that one.
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by otele(m): 10:05pm On Jan 15, 2010
i have wondered what is wrong with our people. we rather fight over each other than develop each other. i understand the history of blacks as a people but that really doesnt explain the degradation especially as i know that as at the mid 20th century s.korea,japan malaysia etc were nothing. these countries are building, we are going backwards at great speed. .

look at nigeria . . pathetic. huge joke. for the first time in my life i'm ashamed of my country. i have defended nigeria at every opportunity. but how can u defend a country without a president
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by otele(m): 10:06pm On Jan 15, 2010
it's a shame that white people built south africa, dropped apartheid, gave black man freedom, only for black man to be president and now south africa is going down.
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 15, 2010
otele:

i have wondered what is wrong with our people. we rather fight over each other than develop each other. i understand the history of blacks as a people but that really doesnt explain the degradation especially as i know that as at the mid 20th century s.korea,japan malaysia etc were nothing. these countries are building, we are going backwards at great speed. .

look at nigeria . . pathetic. huge joke. for the first time in my life i'm ashamed of my country. i have defended nigeria at every opportunity. but how can u defend a country without a president

I wish many more will start to come to that realization that something is deeply wrong somewhere. It will be hard to develop if we cant see the flaws in ourselves. We are all too consumed by the earthquake tragedy that many have not stopped to ask . . . why is Haiti's case more pathetic? We've had other earthquakes before . . . those nations didnt basically collapse to the state of practically begging to survive. Could it be they develop in-built mechanisms to bounce back that we just dont bother to do?

What really is wrong with the black man? I have fought the idea that somehow we might be inferior to others in the way we reason or analyse things but its hard not to take a step back and wonder if that hasnt been the case all along.

Like you said . . . the asians were much worse than us in the 50s . . . what did they do within 50 yrs that we cant?
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 15, 2010
otele:

it's a shame that white people built south africa, dropped apartheid, gave black man freedom, only for black man to be president and now south africa is going down.

think Zimbabwe too. Perhaps we can all just blame it on an earthquake, all is well.
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by yeswecan(m): 10:10pm On Jan 15, 2010
@davidylan i agree with you on a number on things, though i think you are coming from the wrong angle. from an the façade of things it is only human and nice for the international communities to respond to what's happenings in Haiti by sending relief materials. That is the way it should be done . . .

As for your question, i  say black Nations are designed to fail. It is not like we don't want to succeed or anything, we are just following the blueprint laid by the west, they want us to fail so we failed. Not until Africans release themselves from the west and find their own path we will keep bouncing back. Someone made mention of Botswana or even Ghana name it, they can only progress to a certain level .
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jan 15, 2010
yeswecan:

@davidylan i agree with you on a number on things, though i think you are coming from the wrong angle. from an the façade of things it is only human and nice for the international communities to respond to what's happenings in Haiti by sending relief materials. That is the way it should be done . . .

As for your question, i  say black Nations are designed to fail. It is not like we don't want to succeed or anything, we are just following the blueprint laid by the west, they want us to fail so we failed. Not until Africans release themselves from the west and find their own path we will keep bouncing back. Someone made mention of Botswana or even Ghana name it, they can only progress to a certain level .

I must concede that point. Perhaps it was ill-advised to bring it up now that the Haiti crisis just happened. I was thinking seriously about Haiti the day before and i just could not bring myself to join the donation hype. Donating for what really? Will this have any lasting effect on Haiti as a nation? Am i just giving $20 to feed a boy for 2 days and leave him to starve the rest of his life?
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Kobojunkie: 10:13pm On Jan 15, 2010
yeswecan:

As for your question, i  say black Nations are designed to fail. It[b] is not like we don't want to succeed or anything, we are just following the blueprint laid by the west, they want us to fail so we failed. Not until Africans release themselves from the west and find their own path we will keep bouncing back[/b]. Someone made mention of Botswana or even Ghana name it, they can only progress to a certain level .

BULL!!!
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by platinumnk(f): 10:14pm On Jan 15, 2010
President Barack Obama promised an expansive U.S. effort to help Haiti survive its disaster and rebuild the country longer term

davidylan:

I must concede that point. Perhaps it was ill-advised to bring it up now that the Haiti crisis just happened. I was thinking seriously about Haiti the day before and i just could not bring myself to join the donation hype. Donating for what really? Will this have any lasting effect on Haiti as a nation? Am i just giving $20 to feed a boy for 2 days and leave him to starve the rest of his life?

so u would rather him dead abi?
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 15, 2010
What really is wrong with the black man? I have fought the idea that somehow we might be inferior to others in the way we reason or analyse things but its hard not to take a step back and wonder if that hasnt been the case all along.

well - you are a student in a muliticultural environment - what are the differences between you and your caucasian/monogolid colleagues?
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Ibime(m): 10:15pm On Jan 15, 2010
Whats all this brouhaha?

Why shouldnt Haiti recieve free money that these kindly oyinbo people are willing to donate.  tongue

Even Afghanistan donated money to the victims of hurricane Katrina. . . . abi is anyone beyond free handout?  grin
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

BULL!!!

Why do you disagree? Africa (to my own limited perception) was deliberately designed to fail . . . we have badly drawn borders that reflect European convenience much more than homogeneity.

Haiti though does not have a similar excuse.
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jan 15, 2010
oyb:

well - you are a student in a muliticultural environment - what are the differences between you and your caucasian/monogolid colleagues?

Individually i dont see much difference . . . collectively it is a whole different story.

platinumnk:

President Barack Obama promised an expansive U.S. effort to help Haiti survive its disaster and rebuild the country longer term

When will the Haitians rebuild their country? when did that become the job of the USA?

Ibime:

Whats all this brouhaha?

Why shouldnt Haiti recieve free money that these kindly oyinbo people are willing to donate.  tongue

Even Afghanistan donated money to the victims of hurricane Katrina. . . . abi is anyone beyond free handout?  grin

I sure say even Somali pirates sef go donate to Haiti. grin
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by otele(m): 10:20pm On Jan 15, 2010
@yes we can

pls what are u talking about africans must ''release themselves''? are we in chains? apart from chains in our mind? is the west to blame for yaradua's dissappearance? somethings we do in africa is unbelievable, and we cant blame the west. our nationa were designed to fail. ok. what of  hong kong? malaysia, india, brazil etc. these were all colonised and have picked up and in 50yrs will be something else. japan picked up after the war, same germany, italy. look at them now.
africans on the other hand are going backwards. nigeria cant count her citizens or do elections. has no president. uganda, even kanya. tanzania seems satisfied with peaceful mediocrity, congo is . . . . phew, from nile to niger to zambezi to senegal to congo to lake victoria the story is the same, the only part of africa that seems to have life is the little bit the whiteman did in south africa b4 handing over to blacks

i wonder. honestly
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Sauron1: 10:20pm On Jan 15, 2010
I still don't get Davidylan's point. . . . .

Are you saying the 'relief efforts' shouldn't have been initiated in the first place?
If only one life gets saved through the donations. . . .It will make a difference.
Think of the number of generations that one life can produce.
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by platinumnk(f): 10:20pm On Jan 15, 2010
Ibime:

Whats all this brouhaha?

This is what I was saying, the US needed assistance.
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 15, 2010
davidylan:

Why do you disagree? Africa (to my own limited perception) was deliberately designed to fail . . . we have badly drawn borders that reflect European convenience much more than homogeneity.

Haiti though does not have a similar excuse.

whatever is eating no2a must be contagious

considering the fact the europeans colonised several asian countries, that really doesn't count
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Kobojunkie: 10:21pm On Jan 15, 2010
If the "black countries are DESIGNED to fail" hypothesis is to work, it should also apply to

a) Haiti

b) South Africa

c) Zimbabwe etc

That it does not apply, means it is BULL . . . another lame excuse for why blacks should wallow in poverty and misery, blaming the "ALMIGHTY" whiteman
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by MandingoII(m): 10:21pm On Jan 15, 2010
Man.  You mofo's are simply barbaric.

Now I see why your POLITICIANS take the money for roads and electricity and put it in off-shore accounts.

THEY HAVE NO COMPASSION FOR THEIR FELLOW MAN.

same as some in this thread.

[size=16pt]Finally,[/size] I got it.  Enjoy your future in Nigeria.
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

If the "black countries are DESIGNED to fail" hypothesis is to work, it should also apply to

a) Haiti

b) South Africa

c) Zimbabwe etc

hmmm . . .  undecided good point.

oyb:

whatever is eating no2a must be contagious

considering the fact the europeans colonised several asian countries, that really doesn't count

another good point . . .

platinumnk:

This is what I was saying, the US needed assistance.

quite laughable . . . the US would have coped quite fine without any assistance.
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by cold(m): 10:22pm On Jan 15, 2010
Davidylan i as much as i feel horrid about ur opinion on this issue i can't help but concur.The black race is cursed,no nation on earth with a majority of black ppl is rankin amongst the top 15 this is terrible.Taq Naija for example-are we prepared for a disaster of this enormity?The answer is a big no & wen it happens we'l begin to rain curses on the international community for not doin enuf. nobody is prayin for such things but we nid to prepare bcuz u neva know.Is it an issue of color or brain size i'm at a loss
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by platinumnk(f): 10:23pm On Jan 15, 2010
I truely hate to argee but im going with Mandingo here.  embarassed

what is wrong with Africa is that we have no heart toward our fellow man.

We would rather talk about whats wrong than to actually do something.
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by platinumnk(f): 10:24pm On Jan 15, 2010
davidylan:

quite laughable . . . the US would have coped quite fine without any assistance.

again, assumptions. . come to New Orleans and see for yourself.
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by otele(m): 10:24pm On Jan 15, 2010
@mandigo

nigerian politicians have a double tragedy of ignorance and lack of compassion. ignorance in that they dont know the deep impact of their foolishness on the nation, and lack of compassion b/c they sure wont care if they knew the impact
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jan 15, 2010
platinumnk:

I truely hate to argee but im going with Mandingo here.  embarassed

what is wrong with Africa is that we have no heart toward our fellow man.

We would rather talk about whats wrong than to actually do something.

What is wrong with africa is not our lack of a heart. Is that why the black community is at the bottom of the ladder economically in the US too? Puhlease enough of this nonsensical excuses.

platinumnk:

again, assumptions. . come to New Orleans and see for yourself.

Its NOT an assumption BUT A FACT. The US would have dealt with Katrina without any outside help . . . it will of course take time. Nothing gets done in 2 mins. that's the problem with many of you. no patience.
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by cold(m): 10:26pm On Jan 15, 2010
When God said 'the heart of man is desperately wicked' he was actually referrin to the black man & to a lesser extent the arabs.
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 15, 2010
cold:

Davidylan i as much as i feel horrid about your opinion on this issue i can't help but concur.The black race is cursed,no nation on earth with a majority of black ppl is rankin amongst the top 15 this is terrible.Taq N[b]aija for example-are we prepared for a disaster of this enormity?The answer is a big no[/b] & wen it happens we'l begin to rain curses on the international community for not doin enuf. nobody is prayin for such things but we nid to prepare bcuz u neva know.Is it an issue of color or brain size i'm at a loss

quite sad isnt it . . . but i get crucified for pointing out that fact. I guess everyone is too busy donating to take stock of this critical point.

The bottomline is we are NEVER prepared for anything. I wonder how the whites or asians do it.
Re: Davidylan Challenges Motivation & Usefulness of 'Relief Efforts' for Haiti by chiogo(f): 10:27pm On Jan 15, 2010
davidylan:

What is wrong with africa is not our lack of a heart. Is that why the black community is at the bottom of the ladder economically in the US too? Puhlease enough of this nonsensical excuses.
Umm, YES. Black-on-black crimes.

Anyway, you keep proving it with this topic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Pistorious Arrested For Shooting Girlfriend Dead / Policeman Quits After Obama Assassination Comments / Who's Greater - Mugabe (Who Took His Peoples Land Back) Or Mandela (Who Didn't)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.