Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? (18991 Views)

"Giving Your Toddler A Smartphone Is Like Giving Them Hard Drugs" - Says Expert / Wife Beats, Hits Her Husband But The Husband Refuses To Fight Back / Should A Wife's Money Be '' Hers '' , While The Husband's Money Be " Ours " ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by deebrain(m): 5:41am On May 26, 2017
Very bad timing.

He better go and seek his son in law's understanding and forgiveness.
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Franky9584(m): 5:53am On May 26, 2017
if its a wedding gift as u said, then the husband must be aware less its not a wedding gift
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by HITTED(m): 7:04am On May 26, 2017
DOnlooker:

Be careful what you wish for. A father who just one hour after you and his daughter has been joined together as ONE, singles her out and gifts her a car in the full glare of the wedding guests is sending you some strong non-coded messages among which are;
1.) He doesn't see you as the head of the newly created family otherwise it should have been both of you together he will hand over the car keys.
That's a big lie! All good fathers would buy a car for their daughters on their wedding day if they have the means. He's showing fatherly love, not challenging my right as head of family.

2.) No matter the circumstances, in the event of any misunderstanding, you will always be the one at fault.
Just for a mere car? Marriage is worth more than 100 cars, bro.

3.) He is trying to intimidate you already with money.
etc, etc.
I wouldn't want to have a FIL that will do that, not on the wedding day at least because it will leave a lasting impression on the guests that her father will continue to bankroll my marriage. A real man will understand.
Ok, let's get some things here clear:

1) The father has known the daughter since she was a baby and possibly have a special liking for her.

2) The father bought the car for his daughter as wedding gift, not for me. I might not own a car myself but that doesn't mean I can't afford one someday.

3) The car is a liability and will definitely wear out and become useless one day - is the father going to replace the car? I don't think so.

4) The father did not get me a job and a house, and he didn't wire millions into my account. He's not going to live with us too! Therefore, her daughter is totally my responsibility, not his.

Only a weak man (whether rich or poor) would feel intimidated because his father inlaw bought a car for his daughter as wedding gift.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by ganjaman: 7:59am On May 26, 2017
I am not really a fan of seeking consent cos it's a gift and meant to be a surprise my only concern is the presentation. Was the gift presented specifically to the daughter or both of them on the wedding day? It's wrong if presented specifically to the daughter and not both
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by morounkola(f): 8:23am On May 26, 2017
That wise person is indeed not wise!

This story is not complete. Let hear the full story before passing judgement.

I pray to be able to give my daughters quality wedding gifts. When that time comes, I will not need anybody's permission. Just as I do not need anybody's permission to give them quality education and good home training.
olaife80:

Guess you are not married. Please ask your parent they will lecture you more.
A wise person knows its wrong.
This is a Wedding gift not birthday gift.

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by morounkola(f): 8:45am On May 26, 2017
The lady will not be submissive, not because she got a car wedding gift from her father, but because she lacks proper home training. There are so many women who did not get such gifts and still, are not submissive.
olaife80:
The gift should be for the couple and not for his daughter. The FIL can only do that when his daughter is not yet married. This is not about Ego or the husband can't afford it, this is about the FIL respecting the new family. When there is misunderstanding the lady would be high on it. To me such lady won't be submissive but a mature Man should know to handle such not by breaking up.

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by morounkola(f): 8:46am On May 26, 2017
morounkola:
That wise person is indeed not wise!

This story is not complete. Let hear the full story before passing judgement.

I pray to be able to give my daughters quality wedding gifts. When that time comes, I will not need anybody's permission. Just as I do not need anybody's permission to give them quality education and good home training.
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Jahblessme: 11:22am On May 26, 2017
Its usually the egomaniac hungry NL boys that are shouting disrespect,10kobo them no see.
I want to gift my daughter car and u expect me to seek permission say wetin happen?If I'm going to gift her a house or car in her name,why not? Yes o ,I love you son in law but my pikin comes first.Can you ever love me more than you love your own folks? Nonsense.Couple gifts are couple gifts but what I personally want to give my own kid? I won't seek your permission.Never.

Something done to aid settling in for a daughter ,that what you people are twisting to look like sthelse.

If e pain you,go and buy her fresh one.
Na broke as ses and insecure boys de shout pass.
Abeg women,either marry up or stay in your level.See what going lower may cause. Uneccesary paranoia and crying for submission.
Weaklings

4 Likes

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 26, 2017
dangotesmummy:
men and their ego again.kini big deal for goodness sake.shebi its the 2 of them that owns the car.una no dey taya undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Hahahahahahahhahah grin grin grin
Dem no dey taya o! grin cheesy
A sensible husband will accept such gifts from father inlaw with gratitude but a bad belle husband cheesy will nearly burst into tiny pieces with envy and pride , cos his wife will live in comfort . Forgetting the car and house is for both of them .

Some men are just born sadist!

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Hannysmilez(f): 4:05pm On May 26, 2017
dangotesmummy:
haaa that phenese will cut off that day.how dare her? Has her husband bought ship before she bring car home
Lmfaoo!!!!!!! I'm telling you. They should both trek together
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Hannysmilez(f): 4:08pm On May 26, 2017
firstking01:
You reek of understanding of the post...who's seeking who's consent here?, smh for ya lots.
Sweetheart,you should shut up more. I've discussed this on twitter so I do understand the post

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Hannysmilez(f): 4:21pm On May 26, 2017
olaife80:

Guess you are not married. Please ask your parent they will lecture you more.
A wise person knows its wrong.
This is a Wedding gift not birthday gift.
Awwwn..I guess you have 50 years worth experience in the marriage game.
Marriage gift or not,my car is my car and I ain't returning it for any man.
You guessed wrong btw,I have years worth of experience in marriage

2 Likes

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by dangotesmummy: 4:36pm On May 26, 2017
Hannysmilez:
Lmfaoo!!!!!!! I'm telling you. They should both trek together
is like the role of wife=suffer head in Nigerian marriages.it's a crimes to deserve or want good thing. Like she's born to live for the Man's opinion.

I'm sure if it was chopping board,kitchen knife or pot the father bought, no need for husbands consent but na car so the husband's consent is mandatory

If this kain husband hear say company give the wife official car and driver na hypertension go kill am o grin
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by dangotesmummy: 4:43pm On May 26, 2017
alexialin:

Hahahahahahahhahah grin grin grin
Dem no dey taya o! grin cheesy
A sensible husband will accept such gifts from father inlaw with gratitude but a bad belle husband cheesy will nearly burst into tiny pieces with envy and pride , cos his wife will live in comfort . Forgetting the car and house is for both of them .

Some men are just born sadist!
ordinary car na im dey shrink im manhood .if im con hear say them don promote am to MD shey he go con shout to death? Na real omo oju orolari

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Hannysmilez(f): 4:49pm On May 26, 2017
dangotesmummy:
is like the role of wife=suffer head in Nigerian marriages.it's a crimes to deserve or want good thing. Like she's born to live for the Man's opinion.

I'm sure if it was chopping board,kitchen knife or pot the father bought, no need for husbands consent but na car so the husband's consent is mandatory

If this kain husband hear say company give the wife official car and driver na hypertension go kill am o grin
I'm telling you. I don't know why men are this silly. Whoever tricked them into believing that their manhood is dependent on their material wealth?
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by dangotesmummy: 5:15pm On May 26, 2017
Hannysmilez:
I'm telling you. I don't know why men are this silly. Whoever tricked them into believing that their manhood is dependent on their material wealth?
thats why they only feel manly when they carry small change but the broke ones dey do gra gra just to prove they're still men
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Optimist88(m): 5:18pm On May 26, 2017
LePrezident:

Jokes. So if my daughter's husband wants to receive a gift from his parents would he seek permission from my daughter and myself to accept it?

You sound like Gary Coleman; go figure.
Peace be unto you sir!
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Hannysmilez(f): 5:36pm On May 26, 2017
dangotesmummy:
thats why they only feel manly when they carry small change but the broke ones dey do gra gra just to prove they're still men
And girls still follow them. Imagine. The lady even begged the man and wanted to return the gift. Iffa hear,I'd even help him fold his clothes
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by ImaIma1(f): 5:46pm On May 26, 2017
dangotesmummy:

The management of the company would need to ask permission from the husband to give her an official car.
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by dangotesmummy: 6:58pm On May 26, 2017
grin grin grin
ImaIma1:

The management of the company would need to ask permission from the husband to give her an official car.
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by dangotesmummy: 7:01pm On May 26, 2017
Hannysmilez:
And girls still follow them. Imagine. The lady even begged the man and wanted to return the gift. Iffa hear,I'd even help him fold his clothes
lmao.smh
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by byvan03: 7:20pm On May 26, 2017
That man must be cursed with poverty, good they wnt their seperate ways.
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by firstking01(m): 9:11pm On May 26, 2017
Hannysmilez:
Sweetheart,you should shut up more. I've discussed this on twitter so I do understand the post
Away with your ignorance.
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Zither(m): 10:42am On May 27, 2017
dominique:
Even an in-law must walk on eggshells to massage the bloated ego of an average Nigerian man. This shouldn't even be a topic for discussion. Why on earth should a woman reject a gift from her own parent? Asking for permission means that there is a possibility of rejecting the car gift which is a huge disrespect to the father that raised her. So many rules and regulations a Nigerian woman must follow all in the name of "keeping her marriage". Nigerians can make marriage harder than rocket science sha.

The stupidity of most Nigerians as regards the marital institution is appalling. Why on earth should I request the permission of my son-in-law before I give my daughter a car as a gift or any other gift for that matter? My daughter whom I groomed, raised, toiled for her happiness, risked my health and happiness for her good and wellbeing, and every thing that goes with being a father...all the years I cared for her, loved her, stood by her side, protected her from the dangers of life, saw her become the woman she is and then a mofo from nowhere will tell me I should ask his permission before giving my daughter a car gift... Lolzzz

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by gforce5: 12:50pm On Jan 23, 2018
Nigerian men and their egos. This is why poor Nigerian men with fragile egos should not marry rich women. I am against materialism but in a society such as ours, money often calls the shots. Nigerian men should respect themselves and not bite more than they can handle. Whether you like it or not, when you marry someone you marry their family and will also have to deal with their circle of friends. Do not let the doctrine of husband and wife is one to the exclusion of everybody blind you from this reality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Moment A Man Shed Tears Of Joy As His Wife Praised Him (Video) / Temperament Issues : A Choleric Woman / Man Surprises His Wife With A Car As Valentine Gift (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.