Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige (28115 Views)

Atiku Vs Buhari Campaign Phones: Which Would You Accept? (photos, Videos) / Man Destroying Buhari's Campaign Posters Arrested In Abuja (Photos) / Tambuwal’s Ex-aides Claim They Didn’t Resign, Insist Sokoto Gov Fired Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by edupedia: 3:03pm On May 25, 2017
DrGoodman:
We are not complaining, we just want our own country. Two different things.

....then move to Gabon or Equatorial Guinea or even back to Isreal......or una no Jew again?....confused people!....

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by gberra: 3:03pm On May 25, 2017
Lilimax:
Even the folks that voted this government, are they better off?
All the Sai Baba mantras are currently regretting their choice of president embarassed embarassed
Igbos always cry tongue

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by GuntersChain(m): 3:04pm On May 25, 2017
What kind of democracy is this? Politics is now a business venture. when will nigeria make elective offices less attractive to this electoral jobbers.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by Lilimax(f): 3:04pm On May 25, 2017
gberra:
Igbos always cry tongue
embarassed
Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by reiddecuti: 3:05pm On May 25, 2017
Like seriously!!!!!

Check the percentage of vote Jonathan scored in the 5 Eastern state in 2011 to that of 2015, you will see that Igbo did not quite vote for Jonathan. He disappointed the South East just as he disappointed the entire country.
Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by miketayo(m): 3:05pm On May 25, 2017
that is a very insensitive thing to say.. when buhari won the election did he win for part of the country or the entire Nigeria. the way this our leader talks sometimes, u can say things like this in a developed country without it affecting ur political power

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by MMMscam: 3:07pm On May 25, 2017
EmekaBlue:
Shatap u outcast ...D igbos r agitating for their own state now not involving in this ur super failed administration

Everybody else will take your agitations for Biafra seriously when you scavenging parasitic hypocrites migrate back to the south east. We don't want igbos again in the north and south west. You parasites have done enough damage. If igbos truly want Biafra, then all the Igbos should go back to the south east and we will release and unchain your tribe from being our national slaves and give you freedom. Until your tribe does that, your agitations are nothing more than a schizophrenic floccinaucinihilipilificated dance of a mad man at a market square, and you will remain 3rd-class citizens as long as "One Nigeria" exists. In fact, 4th-class citizens because even the SS people carry more weight now than igbos.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 25, 2017
So this yeye man see politics and business?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by chngebeginwthme: 3:10pm On May 25, 2017
DrGoodman:

We did exactly that in 1966-67. What did we get? Killings of Igbo people in Igbo land.

We are not going anywhere until we achieve Biafra. You can come and fight us in Lagos grin

You did what in 1967? you mean you live Nigeria to go and create your own country and Nigeria military come there to come and kill you? am not understanding please..

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by chngebeginwthme: 3:12pm On May 25, 2017
vantage001:
Igbos shouldn't expect anything because They didn't invest in buhari election. grin grin
Donald trump shouldn't work for black americans because they didn't vote for him.
We know which of those two scenarios is likely to happen and which of those two nations is the failed state. cheesy Difference between first and third world leadership.
Btw, I hope Ngige knows we still will not support him and his government in 2019.

And we did not even need igbo support in 2019, What can 5% do when we are 97%

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by ideologies(m): 3:12pm On May 25, 2017
you are talking trash, with all the senate presidents Rep speakers Igbos have produced what has it added to the live of the common igbo trader at Alaba or Aba market. Nigeria will only move forward when we stop playing politics with everything
Jabioro:
When it comes to politics you have to trend it wisely, the last presidential election to be candid the igbos made and commit blunders, I expected them to secured a senator for SP position..

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by Fulmigati: 3:13pm On May 25, 2017
Nothing concern me with Nigeria's primitive leadership. I just want total separation from the Kunta Kinte slaves and their British overlords.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by gberra: 3:14pm On May 25, 2017
Afam4eva:
For those who don't understand what Ngige said. He says that politics is a business venture and if you don't invest in a business, you shouldn't expect dividends. Ladies and gentlemen, this is what has befallen our so called democracy. We can no longer exercise our democratic rights without being punished for it.
Okoyiboz3 just gave you a reminder of your hypocrisy when you considered your political positions & tribal grandstanding all rosy.

We will never forget that thread in one million years. Never for once was Beerfraud mentioned . Hmm! How fast fate can twist!

You must be ashamed of yourself right now . Poor Igbos grin

Igbos always cry tongue

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by vantage001: 3:14pm On May 25, 2017
chngebeginwthme:

And we did not even need igbo support in 2019, What can 5% do when we are 97%

Goodluck with your 97%. Ii hope that makes you better than the average igbo on your street. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by ideologies(m): 3:15pm On May 25, 2017
you are talking traash, with all the senate presidents Rep speakers Igbos have produced what has it added to the live of the common igbo trader at Alaba or Aba market. Nigeria will only move forward when we stop playing politics with everything
Jabioro:
When it comes to politics you have to trend it wisely, the last presidential election to be candid the igbos made and commit blunders, I expected them to secured a senator for SP position..

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by gberra: 3:15pm On May 25, 2017
Lilimax:
embarassed
Come to daddy.

-- Daddy.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by DrGoodman: 3:15pm On May 25, 2017
chngebeginwthme:

You did what in 1967? you mean you live Nigeria to go and create your own country and Nigeria military come there to come and kill you? am not understanding please..

There is a subject called History. Go and study it.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by bauer36(m): 3:15pm On May 25, 2017
biafra must go...these 're the category of people that sabotaged our struggle. Apc slave

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by vantage001: 3:16pm On May 25, 2017
edupedia:

....then move to Gabon or Equatorial Guinea or even back to Isreal......or una no Jew again?....confused people!....
Did your father tell you igbos have no land that predates the sorry excuse you call Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by columbus007(m): 3:16pm On May 25, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:
Ranting of a prodigal son who will be soon ostracized...

You are already going blind.. next is cripple
d tyrant lanister of our time cheesy
Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by DrGoodman: 3:16pm On May 25, 2017
edupedia:

Biafra, not Gabon or equitorial Guinea.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by nextstep(m): 3:17pm On May 25, 2017
conductor11:
This is why Nigeria will never work

Igbos should not expect anything because they didn't invest in Buhari, but Buhari will export our tax money and oil proceeds to go and live comfortably in a UK hospital?

Make them share this country ASAP.

Gbam!
Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by Maduawuchukwu(m): 3:17pm On May 25, 2017
fratermathy:
Igbos do not know how to play politics! It's as simple as that. They pride themselves as the smartest people yet can't seem to wrap their brain around Nigerian politics effectively.

This ur statement is rubbish and I expected more from you as a political analyst. Where in any functional democracy or in a democracy heading for stability do u see the government discriminating or treating a race or tribe based on how they voted? Is it America or Ghana? Please tell me. This ur statement is only applicable in a governmental system which is designed not to work like that of Sudan or Burma where there are regular outbreaks of small scale wars.
Some of the people one takes serious on this site are very brilliant but very tribalistic. It is a disappointment to be honest.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 25, 2017
Okoyiboz3:

You disgraced moderator with the scruples of an alley cat, On 27th of August 2011, you made the comment below. I wonder how you manage to sleep at night with your atrocious history.

Please, go through this thread below. Igbo posters were calling Yoruba leaders names because they met GEJ in a civilised manner to complain about deliberate sack of yorubas and replacing them with other ethnicities.

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

The problem of Igbos is that they cannot survive without the Federal Government. Their support for GEJ over Buhari was a political miscalculation due to political illiteracy. Over the years, they have supported other people even to the detriment of Igbo candidates. That is why Ojukwu couldn't get 3M votes from Igbos when he contested Nigeria's presidency.

God bless u and ur generation bro, indeed the internet never forgets.. that stupid dude will never reply u cuz he is a double-faced dimwit.

I just went through the thread of 2011 and I was shocked to see the insults hurled at d Yorubas back then... most were saying it was d best thing that we Yorubas got marginalised.. Tinubu and d yorubas were called different names on that forum.

How time flies... the tide is now upon them, the tables have been turned around... the Tinubu they insulted is now the architect of their misfortune... the "ineffectual Buffon" who was an ingrate to the Yoruba race was thrown out of asorock back to his village in otuoke.

The "Igbo tribe" who hailed GEJ that never did anything for the entire south east is now the most hated, insulted tribe in the whole of Africa... little wonder y nobody has pity on them.

Even their kinsmen are against them.. wishing they were not Igbos e.g Igbokwe, Ngige , Okorochas.

The Igbo's are only reaping what dey sowed, they are reaping the seeds of hate and disgust they sowed years back.

Igbos nobody has got any pity on u... whine all u can... Enjoy the suffering while it lasts.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by wetindeyhappen: 3:17pm On May 25, 2017
Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by reiddecuti: 3:17pm On May 25, 2017
Even Jonathan people acclaimed that Igbo voted is false. Check the percentage of vote Jonathan scored in the 5 Eastern state in 2011 to that of 2015, you will see that Igbo did not quite vote for Jonathan. He disappointed the South East just as he disappointed the entire country.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by markemcee(m): 3:18pm On May 25, 2017
Alariwo2:
Alas.. one reasonable one

You can't reap where you didn't sow.. It's simple law of nature.
And not just Buhari, even me as a human won't regard them with their vote pattern.

Igbos are just pained that they can't hijack PMB's govt. like they did with the useless ineffectual buffoon. Quote me anywhere.
I said it long ago so I'm not surprised. It's their way

this one needs sense undecided

1 Like

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by Flashmove: 3:18pm On May 25, 2017
uch4apex:
The Minister of Labour and Productivity, Chris Ngige, has asked the South-east to stop complaining of marginalisation by the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration.

He lamented that all his efforts to persuade the Igbo to wisely invest in Buhari’s presidential bid in 2015 failed because of lack of co-operation by many South-east leaders, who threw their weigh behind former President Goodluck Jonathan.

“This is not a question I should answer because I’m a politician. But before these things happened, before the government of Jonathan failed, I went to all the Igbo fora to tell them that the Jonathan government will fall”, he told Thisday.

“I went to our Ohanaeze Ndi-Igbo in Enugu twice. They could not even reply to a letter written by Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, seeking for a meeting with them”, he added.

Ngige, revealed how he went to Lagos and convened an Igbo stakeholders forum in William Nwodo’s house in Ikoyi, Lagos in 2014, where he analysed the voting pattern in Nigeria and told them that even if they did not want to support Buhari, they should give him 25 per cent of their votes.

“They refused to listen to me, and to make matter worse, there was no voting in most of the areas in the South-east; they just allocated 5 per cent to APC.

“It was that bad, it is too late to cry when the head is off. Politics is business in a way, you invest in business and you reap profit.

“Yes, that is what it is. But all I want to tell you is that we played bad politics; we made a bad investment because they invested in the Jonathan presidency. They invested in Jonathan more than the South-south, where he hails from.

“I am not saying that is enough to marginalise them or not allow them come in but we are there. I will continue to speak for them and when there is anything to be distributed, we will make sure that the South-east gets its own portion. But they will not get excess portion.

Igbos should stop complaining, they didn’t invest in Buhari’s campaign – Ngige

“Even in a family where the head of the family goes to the farm to harvest his yams those who accompany the farmer to the farm get more share.

“When they bring back the yams some of them will be damaged, and the pieces are put out in one section. Then the whole yams are put into the barn and some will be sent to the market for sale. And some will be sent to the family centrally for distribution among the family units.

“Those ones that are in pieces, the extras, will be shared among those that went to the farm. We did not benefit from the extras with people who went to the farm. We didn’t go to the farm in the south-east”, he added.

On what the All Progressives Congress (APC) will be campaigning on ahead 2019, Ngige stated: “Oh my God, so you are in the group of those who are pessimistic, who have refused to see the wonders of this government?

“Well, I’m from the South-east, so when we get there we will show them that first and foremost we have fought corruption to a standstill and that people can no longer steal at will, much less keeping such monies at home.

“The movement was from the bank to the house, but now that homes have been raided, maybe they will go to the farm to keep them. But people cannot steal money because there is no hiding place anymore.

“They cannot steal primitively like it was done before. The poor people of Nigerian are happy about this,” he said.

The APC chieftain said he has no regret for his role in helping to bring Buhari to power, saying if the opportunity presents itself again he will do exactly the same thing.

“If not for this government, the government of Muhammadu Buhari, government of change, Nigeria would have been worse than Venezuela.

http://www.championnews.com.ng/igbos-stop-complaining-didnt-invest-buharis-campaign-ngige/?shared=email&msg=fail

May God seal your dirty mouth Ngige. You are talking like a Sabo Sabo. You can sell Igbo kobo kobo because of Politics.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by MARKETfund: 3:19pm On May 25, 2017
Afam4eva:
For those who don't understand what Ngige said. He says that politics is a business venture and if you don't invest in a business, you shouldn't expect dividends. Ladies and gentlemen, this is what has befallen our so called democracy. We can no longer exercise our democratic rights without being punished for it.

Put succinctly!
Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by raumdeuter: 3:19pm On May 25, 2017
Afam4eva:

Yes thats what it has become like you advocated here

Afam4eva:
Al_harem has spoken the truth. You cannot eat your cake and still want to have. PDP controls the center.So, states that will benefit from the center are PDP states. They should go and meet oga Tinubu if they feel marginalized.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by obailala(m): 3:19pm On May 25, 2017
Lol.. Ngige go hear am today... Pouring insult on top deep injury grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige by Alfredah01: 3:20pm On May 25, 2017
This dude us a fool for saying tht... betrayal, thtz why igbos cant be precident because they are not in unity... quote author=uch4apex post=56861751]The Minister of Labour and Productivity, Chris Ngige, has asked the South-east to stop complaining of marginalisation by the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration.

He lamented that all his efforts to persuade the Igbo to wisely invest in Buhari’s presidential bid in 2015 failed because of lack of co-operation by many South-east leaders, who threw their weigh behind former President Goodluck Jonathan.

“This is not a question I should answer because I’m a politician. But before these things happened, before the government of Jonathan failed, I went to all the Igbo fora to tell them that the Jonathan government will fall”, he told Thisday.

“I went to our Ohanaeze Ndi-Igbo in Enugu twice. They could not even reply to a letter written by Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, seeking for a meeting with them”, he added.

Ngige, revealed how he went to Lagos and convened an Igbo stakeholders forum in William Nwodo’s house in Ikoyi, Lagos in 2014, where he analysed the voting pattern in Nigeria and told them that even if they did not want to support Buhari, they should give him 25 per cent of their votes.

“They refused to listen to me, and to make matter worse, there was no voting in most of the areas in the South-east; they just allocated 5 per cent to APC.

“It was that bad, it is too late to cry when the head is off. Politics is business in a way, you invest in business and you reap profit.

“Yes, that is what it is. But all I want to tell you is that we played bad politics; we made a bad investment because they invested in the Jonathan presidency. They invested in Jonathan more than the South-south, where he hails from.

“I am not saying that is enough to marginalise them or not allow them come in but we are there. I will continue to speak for them and when there is anything to be distributed, we will make sure that the South-east gets its own portion. But they will not get excess portion.

Igbos should stop complaining, they didn’t invest in Buhari’s campaign – Ngige

“Even in a family where the head of the family goes to the farm to harvest his yams those who accompany the farmer to the farm get more share.

“When they bring back the yams some of them will be damaged, and the pieces are put out in one section. Then the whole yams are put into the barn and some will be sent to the market for sale. And some will be sent to the family centrally for distribution among the family units.

“Those ones that are in pieces, the extras, will be shared among those that went to the farm. We did not benefit from the extras with people who went to the farm. We didn’t go to the farm in the south-east”, he added.

On what the All Progressives Congress (APC) will be campaigning on ahead 2019, Ngige stated: “Oh my God, so you are in the group of those who are pessimistic, who have refused to see the wonders of this government?

“Well, I’m from the South-east, so when we get there we will show them that first and foremost we have fought corruption to a standstill and that people can no longer steal at will, much less keeping such monies at home.

“The movement was from the bank to the house, but now that homes have been raided, maybe they will go to the farm to keep them. But people cannot steal money because there is no hiding place anymore.

“They cannot steal primitively like it was done before. The poor people of Nigerian are happy about this,” he said.

The APC chieftain said he has no regret for his role in helping to bring Buhari to power, saying if the opportunity presents itself again he will do exactly the same thing.

“If not for this government, the government of Muhammadu Buhari, government of change, Nigeria would have been worse than Venezuela.

http://www.championnews.com.ng/igbos-stop-complaining-didnt-invest-buharis-campaign-ngige/?shared=email&msg=fail[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Najib Aminu Tambuwal Called To Bar (Photos) / Omosede Igbinedion Meets With Babatunde Fashola(Photos) / Soldiers Take Over Tompolo’s Residence, Father Escapes Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.