Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,836,998 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? (9923 Views)

Ohanaeze Youth To North: God Uses Insurgency To Punish You For Sins Against Igbo / Ekweremadu: Nnamdi Kanu Collected Bribe Against Igbo Presidency – Adeyanju / 2023: Forces Against Igbo Presidency At Work – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by mobaking: 12:42pm On May 26, 2017
If anybody thinks that after seperation,u can go and settle in ur former country?.That person should ask Eritreans and Ethiopians,Southern Sudan and Sudan.This is Africa not europe!.With the level of illiteracy and suspicion even the UN cannot guarantee peace.Achieve economic secession first and others will be added.Afterall Lagos is still part of Nigeria.Goodluck to all in their various quests.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by ElsonMorali: 1:40pm On May 26, 2017
Kathmandu:
As long as your type keep on fighting against Biafra online then its right to say Yorubas are Unity Beggars

When Fashola, Lagos state governor deported your Sorry ass, y'all were screaming like someone took your bread. undecided

Who says I'm fighting biafra?

Better check my previous posts.

My sincere prayer is that you guys get your Biafra before the end of this year. May it be so in Jesus name. Amen. tongue

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by ElsonMorali: 1:44pm On May 26, 2017
myright:
who is talking about relocation here. We are talking about have a country different from you guys and at the same time be free to live anywhere in the world. Ode gba! grin grin

Oponu. Who will now live in the useless country?

You want to eat your cake and have it.

Biafra will become a ghost country as y'all struggle to get out of the country you just created.

It will do you like movie. Deportation things sure baje. Thank God, no Yoruba state shares border with any eastern state.

I know say na your type go still do visa runs back to Yorubaland. cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by daveson2020(m): 1:47pm On May 26, 2017
MaaziNnamidiot:
Who are the Yorubas against the secession of those from land of the rising potopoto. Tell us their names
You people love deceiving yourselves with rubbish. As if Yorubas are the ones leaving their lands to come to your barren, potopoto land. Yorubas are against you having your country yet chisco buses filled with flattie immigrants keep trooping in daily. Fight your secession battle yourselves without dragging Yorubas into it. Nonsense

Your name alone says it all

2 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by ElsonMorali: 1:52pm On May 26, 2017
kingzizzy:

Man stop asking childish questions. Im an Igbo man, I dont have to do 'one Nigeria' with you before I come to Lagos to do business. All the Lebanese businessmen in Lagos, have you asked them if they like Yorubas or if they are doing 'one Nigeria' with you?

So why ask me as an Igbo man? Because Lugard told you we are brothers? In business, I dont have to like your face.

When we get Biafra, you free to come and live in Enugu. I wont even ask you if you like Igbos of if you are in.Enugu for 'one Biafra' as long as you are law abiding.

So Let me get this straight.

You want your own country, But you don't want to stay there.

You hate the Yorubas, but you love their region because it is conducive.

You dream of the day you'll get Biafra But loathe and fear the day you will have to leave Yorubaland.

The Lebanese in Nigeria knows he's a foreigner and doesn't claim that Lagos is a no-man's land.

He has obeyed Nigerian immigration laws, that's why he's in Nigeria.

He understands that the Yorubas are the indigenous owner of the Southwest states so he respects them.

You want a country. A country you have no intention of staying in. A country you intend to visit only at Christmas period to show off the "wealth" you've acquired while working in Afonja land.

There was a country indeed.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by daveson2020(m): 1:55pm On May 26, 2017
grin grin grin grin the brown roof afonjas unity beggers. The rat poison lovers. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by ElsonMorali: 1:59pm On May 26, 2017
myright:
Anuofia! Eran ko gba ni e. grin grin

Good. At least I have touched a sore part of your life. You can't respond intelligently hence the insult.

But I'll urge you to ponder on it. Throughout the over 50years of this country's independence, has your tribe produced any social critic or activist worth the name to fight the ills of this country?

No! Y'all are one-track minded. Once you hear Bia... like this, you dump your brains in the waste basket.

I pray you get it. We've had enough of your silliness.

11 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by ElsonMorali: 2:01pm On May 26, 2017
daveson2020:
grin grin grin grin the brown roof afonjas unity beggers. The rat poison lovers. grin grin

That's the best you can do?

When are you and your family moving back to the south east? Or are you waiting for an engraved invitation?

I'm sure you'll prefer to die in the sw than go back, right?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by myright: 2:03pm On May 26, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Oponu. Who will now live in the useless country?

You want to eat your cake and have it.

Biafra will become a ghost country as y'all struggle to get out of the country you just created.

It will do you like movie. Deportation things sure baje. Thank God, no Yoruba state shares border with any eastern state.

I know say na your type go still do visa runs back to Yorubaland. cheesy
ori e ti daru. Are people not living in Biafralannd now? Does it mean Britian deported all nigerians when she gained her independence? Ma lo opolo e. Oga Ade

2 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by IkediEbubes: 2:27pm On May 26, 2017
[s]
kingzizzy:

Well if you think all this, what Im supposed to think of you people that are shouting to do 'one Nigeria' with the same Fulani slaughtering you? Instead of you people to come out and admit that you are slaves that cant agitate for anything like others are doing, you are here making noise.

Tell us how much you love to do 'one Nigeria' with the same Fulani slauthering you guys.
[/s]

You are weak and a disgrace to your late parents. The last time i checked, you all have senators, reps, governors and receive monthly allocations like the rest. You carry one Nigeria on your slipper flat head than anyone by trooping to other regions daily. You are not only slaves to Hausa, but slaves to all tribes and now minorities. You will rather die in the North or be killed by boko haram than return to your godforsaken region. Dont you have shame?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by IkediEbubes: 2:29pm On May 26, 2017
daveson2020:

Compressed head osu villagers, the proud slaves of the Niger.

9 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by ElsonMorali: 2:31pm On May 26, 2017
myright:
ori e ti daru. Are people not living in Biafralannd now? Does it mean Britian deported all nigerians when she gained her independence? Ma lo opolo e. Oga Ade

I can see you love the Yoruba language. Who no like better thing?

If and when Biafra comes, when you're all deported from Yorubaland come and start wailing marginalization again as is your hobby.

That is when you will realize Yorubas aren't British.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by myright: 2:33pm On May 26, 2017
ElsonMorali:

I can see you love the Yoruba language. Who no like better thing?

If and when Biafra comes, when you're all deported from Yorubaland come and start wailing marginalization again as is your hobby.

That is when you will realize Yorubas aren't British.
till then

1 Like

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 26, 2017
comradejudism:
its truism from the other five geo-political zone that a typical yoruba man is a bloody COWARD. Whatever you write cannot erase that fact from national consciousness, infact, people will suggest you betral a yoruba man before he stab you with cowrdise. fulani understand this abinitio
stop talking trash mr, fix yourselves before you point fingers at others
Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by ElsonMorali: 2:34pm On May 26, 2017
myright:
till then

Scared of leaving now? cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by IkediEbubes: 2:35pm On May 26, 2017
Kathmandu:
As long as your type keep on fighting against Biafra online then its right to say Yorubas are Unity Beggars

You people seems to have no working brain. You create a biafra thread and start insulting afonja then still want them to keep quiet. Are you mad? Go to your biafraa forum and no one cares, you cant insult people and want them to keep shut. You were deported from their region but you cried to the UN. Leave the SW and go form your country. You are more One Nigeria than all tribe in Nigeria. Shameless cowards

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by IkediEbubes: 2:39pm On May 26, 2017
comradejudism:
its truism from the other five geo-political zone that a typical yoruba man is a bloody COWARD. Whatever you write cannot erase that fact from national consciousness, infact, people will suggest you betral a yoruba man before he stab you with cowrdise. fulani understand this abinitio

The ediot in this pics remains the greatest coward ever in this life. He died a painful death after losing 3m souls. Ibos are brave online by making noise, you all are born cowards but can only fight online. Fulani slaughtered you in your biafuro HQ, you declared a 30 days fasting straight away. Lmaoooo. What a shame

13 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by IkediEbubes: 2:41pm On May 26, 2017
Kathmandu:
Igbos would have faced hausa squarely on this Biafra issue but most of your people become more hausa than Yorubas here.

I don tire for them

You have never face Hausa on this forum, you always drag Yoruba to everything. There was even a thread about Arewa to Ibos, you all were insulting afonja instead of facing Hausa. Una no get shame.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 26, 2017
IkediEbubes:

The ediot in this pics remains the greatest coward ever in this life. He died a painful death after losing 3m souls. Ibos are brave online by making noise, you all are born cowards but can only fight online. Fulani slaughtered you in your biafuro HQ, you declared a 30 days fasting straight away. Lmaoooo. What a shame
lol Every sane Nigerians knew how Awolowo died of self induced poison cum suicide but we knew how the great odumegbe ojukwu pass on, bravery, tenacity, doggedness which are rare attributes of yoruba cowards

3 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by simplycarro: 2:54pm On May 26, 2017
intervention3:
I don't understand...is it that the igbo want to leave south west to east and form thier biafra and the Yoruba re blocking them not to go?

Good question
My mind actually told me that Igbos just want to keep ruffling the waters till election period in 2019 and use the Biafra agitation noise as a tool to bargain for power, the way the North used BH as a tool in 2015.
The whole plot is actually the handwork of igbo politicians in PDP

8 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by kingzizzy: 3:02pm On May 26, 2017
ElsonMorali:

So Let me get this straight.

You want your own country, But you don't want to stay there.

Theres a large population of Yorubas living in America and Britain. If you truly believe the trash above, you should question why any Yoruba should be in America or Britain when they have Nigeria. Having a country does not mean you must be resident in it.

You hate the Yorubas, but you love their region because it is conducive.

Dont flatter your self Igbos are everywhere from Kilimanjero to Togo.While there is still 'one Nigeria', it remains my right to go anywhere I like in Yorubaland and I dont have to like anyone. If you dont like it, support Biafra

[You dream of the day you'll get Biafra But loathe and fear the day you will have to leave Yorubaland

On the realisation of Biafra, this area you call 'Yoruba land' will still be under Nigeria. Any one of us can then apply to the Nigerian immigration for settlement visa, business visa, investement visa, etc. and if granted, we will free to roam Yoruba land as we want. You guys dont seem understand that Yoruba land has no sovereignty, they gave it up to Nigeria. For Biafrans, there is no where called Yoruba land, only Nigeria.

The Lebanese in Nigeria knows he's a foreigner and doesn't claim that Lagos is a no-man's land

He has obeyed Nigerian immigration laws, that's why he's in Nigeria.

He understands that the Yorubas are the indigenous owner of the Southwest states so he respects them

When we get Biafra, we shall do the same.

You want a country. A country you have no intention of staying in. A country you intend to visit only at Christmas period to show off the "wealth" you've acquired while working in Afonja land.

There was a country indeed.

How many times did you ask any of the many Lebanese businessman in Lagos the last time they went home? Never? So why do you have to question the Igbo about when he will visit Biafra?

2 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by ItsTutsi(m): 3:04pm On May 26, 2017
Dont b deluded with ur senseless hysteria,why are u trying to tag yoruba along with ur fraud and comic act? If they wanted to agitate,they would have done that,i know ur trynna feel good and pacify urself for being the only region left out,continue with ur pipe dream without involving SW and SS..Yorubas have gotten a perfect share of the nations politics,thats why it rotates between north and SW..today is SS,tomorrow is SW,u dont even know wat u want,very stupid and pathetic!
Joephat:
In Nigerian current political dispensation, its obvious that we have one Single Tribe at the helm of affairs, which is the Fulani.

The two dominant ethnic groups, That's the Yorubas and igbos are been treated like trash but my biggest confussion is that Yorubas are more comfortable leaving in such bondage than any other Tribe and always pained whenever the igbos start their agitations for self reliance..

What's your take on this?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by IkediEbubes: 3:06pm On May 26, 2017
comradejudism:
lol Every sane Nigerians knew how Awolowo died of self induced poison cum suicide but we knew how the great odumegbe ojukwu pass on, bravery, tenacity, doggedness which are rare attributes of yoruba cowards

Awolowo died in his sleep at the age of 78, you wont even reach 40 before kicking the bucket. Ojukwu of cursed memory died senile, blind, deaf, crippled and bedridden while the gods of the Ibos- FFK bang his wife to stipur. He lost 3m souls in a war and was still buried by same country. A shame and spits on the grave of the 3m souls that died for the bearded baboon called Ojukwu. Here is ojukwu below apologizing for his cowardice. Lol

8 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by simplycarro: 3:06pm On May 26, 2017
myright:
who is talking about relocation here. We are talking about h[b]ave a country different from you guys and at the same time be free to live anywhere in the world including Yourbaland. Ode gba! grin grin

See why I don't take this Ipob folks serious really?

5 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 26, 2017
IkediEbubes:

Awolowo died in his sleep at the age of 78, you wont even reach 40 before kicking the bucket. Ojukwu of cursed memory died senile, blind, deaf, crippled and bedridden while the gods of the Ibos- FFK bang his wife to stipur. He lost 3m souls in a war and was still buried by same country. A shame and spits on the grave of the 3m souls that died for the bearded baboon called Ojukwu. Here is ojukwu below apologizing for his cowardice. Lol
Sleep indeed, stop deceving yourself and read details of his death. suicide, he died a coward. RATAK

2 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by IkediEbubes: 3:12pm On May 26, 2017
comradejudism:
Sleep indeed, stop deceving yourself and read details of his death. suicide, he died a coward. RATAK

Typical flat head, we know you all have no shame being descendants of the Abidjan tourist called ojukwu. The man that slept with his wife is now your god. Buhahahahahaha. Pathetic

8 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by simplycarro: 3:13pm On May 26, 2017
comradejudism:

Why is it only Igbos bandying around this theory about Awo's? Awo must have dealt an everlasting blow on psyche of the Igbos.

6 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 26, 2017
Its high time we engage with tact, diplomacy and caution. Our agitation is genuine. If the Nigerian State had treated us well, over the years, the need for this agitation wouldn't have been there. Our voices is growing stronger and louder by the day, and I believe that the Nigerian State is sitting up to address the issues that affects us or possibly call for a restructure/referendum.
In this case, the tribal slur should stop. Ethnic and tribal engagement is needless, since that will not help the course. Its high time we engage opposing views with superior argument and knowledge. You can make your point without raining abuses or name calling. Its high time we ignore miscreants who create endless monikers to insult the Igbo race. If ignored, they will be forced to call up their mission.
Prof. Osibanjo's address was timely and engaging, no doubt about it. But that is his views. His views, were purely base on his office and constitutional responsibility. If Prof Osibanjo is an Igbo man, he will still do the same. He swore an oat to protect the sovereignty of the nation. So the attack on his person is unnecessary. We can disagree, to agree as long as respect is maintained. Time to thread on the part of diplomacy, tact and intelligence to win what rightly belong to us, that we've been striped off since the end of the civil war.

More on:
https://www.nairaland.com/3822742/biafrans-time-employ-extream-diplomacy

1 Like

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by ElsonMorali: 3:50pm On May 26, 2017
[quote author=kingzizzy post=56899547]

Theres a large population of Yorubas living in America and Britain. If you truly believe the trash above, you should question why any Yoruba should be in America or Britain when they have Nigeria. Having a country does not mean you must be resident in it.

You are missing the point (deliberately I'm sure). You desperately want to secede from Nigeria, yet you don't want to stay back and develop that new country of yours. Why? You hate Nigeria and claim it's a zoo and the SE is more developed yet it seems there are more Igbos in the North and Western part of the country that even in the east.

Or is it that you're already anticipating a failed Biafra state? The major reason Africans leave the shores of Africa is to find greener pasture in case you weren't aware.

Dont flatter your self Igbos are everywhere from Kilimanjero to Togo.While there is still 'one Nigeria', it remains my right to go anywhere I like in Yorubaland and I dont have to like anyone. If you dont like it, support Biafra

You are everywhere indeed, like fleas. And it begs the question, why isn't my home conducive for me, yet I can't stop boasting about how developed the east is.

On the realisation of Biafra, this area you call 'Yoruba land' will still be under Nigeria.

Don't be so sure about that. "If the Igbos are ALLOWED to go, then there's nothing the Yorubas are doing in Nigeria". -Chief Obafemi Awolowo, 1965 (paraphrased)

Any one of us can then apply to the Nigerian immigration for settlement visa, business visa, investement visa, etc. and if granted, we will free to roam Yoruba land as we want.

It is your right to apply for visa to my country, it is my country's right to deny your visa application. QED.

You guys dont seem understand that Yoruba land has no sovereignty, they gave it up to Nigeria. For Biafrans, there is no where called Yoruba land, only Nigeria.

Why are you so desperate to remain in Yorubaland? What's wrong with your ancestral land?

When we get Biafra, we shall do the same.

I Hope you get it before year end.

How many times did you ask any of the many Lebanese businessman in Lagos the last time they went home? Never? So why do you have to question the Igbo about when he will visit Biafra?

How Many times have Lebanese businessmen referred to Nigeria as a zoo?

How Many times have Lebanese people come on Nairaland to insult and curse "Afonjas "?

How Many times have the Lebanese people boasted that they developed and own Lagos?

How Many times have the Lebanese businessmen posted pictures of their wonderful cities comparing them with our brown roofs in the southwest?

Go on tell me...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by TheKingdom: 4:05pm On May 26, 2017
The OP originally asked why Yoruba are against Biafran Secession. Those who responded that are promoters of Biafran secession answered extremely well, and in fact, the awareness that is going on now is legendary (thumbs up Easterners).

However look at Oduduwa based responses. Do they not reaffirm what the world already knows about Yoruba people. Deflecting, accusing, backstabbing, and the whole slave coast mentality.

Imagine if Yoruba would have come on here and said, Yes we are against it because of this and that, or we are in support because of this or that, or even better, that we Oduduwa also want to be free and form our own nation so we can do this and that...

But of course, they wont

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Full Text Of Buhari's Acceptance Speech As 2019 APC Presidential Candidate / Buhari Recieves Letters Of Credence From Ambassadors Of Thailand And Others. / Magu To Open Defence Before Salami Panel Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.