Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,519 members, 7,836,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? (9922 Views)

Ohanaeze Youth To North: God Uses Insurgency To Punish You For Sins Against Igbo / Ekweremadu: Nnamdi Kanu Collected Bribe Against Igbo Presidency – Adeyanju / 2023: Forces Against Igbo Presidency At Work – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by ElsonMorali: 10:06am On May 26, 2017
myright:
The same reason they didn't lead any uprising in the slave camps during the slave trade era... You read about Equano who challenged his master in Britain. You read about Bussa in Haiti(The Bussa Revolution). You also read about the bravery of our people when they decided to drown themselves in USA than serve the white man. You read about how the British hated us because to them, we are "stubborn".

Lol. Is that what you console yourself with?

cheesy cheesy

Ask yourself How much activism your people have been noted for in Nigeria and mention the names of Igbo activists you know (I'm not talking about Nnamdi Kanu and fellow terrorists )? Production of fake drugs and fake foodstuff is quite different from activism isn't it?

17 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by IkediEbubes: 10:08am On May 26, 2017
We need to pray for Ibos, something is definitely wrong with most of them. How are Yorubas holding you from going? The likes of Afenifere, Soyinka, FFK, Fayose e.t.c are Fulanis from Somalia. What a shame

17 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by IkediEbubes: 10:11am On May 26, 2017
kingzizzy:
The fear of what the Hausa-Fulani Emirate of Sokoto will do to them should Igbos secede fightens them.

I have no doubt in my mind that within 5 years of Igbos seceding, the Alafin of Oyo, the Ooni of Ife and the Oba of Lagos will become Emirs

Yet Fulanis are raping your parents in Enugu while killing many of you flat heads in Ebonyi plus Imo. You shameless lot troop to the SW and North daily and still come online to talk about biafuro. Dont you have shame?

16 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by IkediEbubes: 10:15am On May 26, 2017
Shameless compressed head that were deported back to their potopoto region but they cried to the UN that it must be One Nigeria. No one take them serious anymore, reason they are crying everywhere like a cursed biatch. Pathetic

15 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by bakynes(m): 10:18am On May 26, 2017
I just wonder what they mean by Yorubas against Igbo secession. The likes of Woke Soyinka was jailed because of his support for Biafra ,FFK,Fayose support Nnamdi Kanu. Have you heard any Yoruba person say " we won't allow Igbo have their Biafra" so which one is "why are the Yorubas against Igbo secession" una get bomb for head.

14 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 10:27am On May 26, 2017
conductor11:
@OP, the yo.roba are afraid. Frightfulness, fear and treachery is the watchword of their forefathers. That's how Afonja lost Illorin to the Fulani.

Osibande the acting codinator is now acting like the conductor he is. Remind him of how Awolowo choked on a bottle of N20 ratak in 1987.

Then take your case to Obasanjo. When did Obasanjo become "Yorubas" flattie illiterate. If I had my way, I'd give you Biafuro today. Yes, that same awolowo was responsible for the death of 3 million rats grin cheesy. Deal with it!!!!

12 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by kingzizzy: 10:29am On May 26, 2017
IkediEbubes:

Yet Fulanis are raping your parents in Enugu while killing many of you flat heads in Ebonyi plus Imo. You shameless lot troop to the SW and North daily and still come online to talk about biafuro. Dont you have shame?

Maybe true but at least we are the ones trying to get away from Fulanis by seceding. You guys on the other dont have the backbone to secede so all you can do is shout 'one Nigeria' while Fulani deals with you.

3 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by IkediEbubes: 10:32am On May 26, 2017
kingzizzy:

Maybe true but at least we are the ones trying to get away from Fulanis by seceding. You guys on the other dont have the backbone to secede so all you can do is shout 'one Nigeria' while Fulani deals with you.

By seceding online and pouring smelly spits everywhere. You hate the SW and cant leave there, is that not a curse? You were all slaughtered like ram but your loudmouthed governor cried and told you all to fast, yet you chest beating online. You are a shameless being. Spits

12 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 10:32am On May 26, 2017
where did you get that from?

Nnamdi Kanu was preaching hate on his radio and that made yorubas respond in kind. don't get it twisted, we support your secession 100%

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by intervention3(m): 10:34am On May 26, 2017
I don't understand...is it that the igbo want to leave south west to east and form thier biafra and the Yoruba re blocking them not to go?

15 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by IkediEbubes: 10:34am On May 26, 2017
[s]
conductor11:
@OP, the yo.roba are afraid. Frightfulness, fear and treachery is the watchword of their forefathers. That's how Afonja lost Illorin to the Fulani.

We are asking uncircumcised Yoruba moozlems like you and your ancestor Olusegun Obasanjo to face his accusations of sleeping with his son's wife and stop sheepishly begging us for unity.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/lets-beg-biafrain-agitators-obasanjo/

Osibande the acting codinator is now acting like the conductor he is. Remind him of how Awolowo choked on a bottle of N20 ratak in 1987.
[/s]

Ojukwu of cursed memory died senile, daft, deaf, crippled and dumb while FFK bang his w.hore wife. He was a disgrace to the military, fled from war while Fulani rape his people. Its 300% sure you have Fulani blood in you. Lol

13 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by milantustorin(m): 10:47am On May 26, 2017
MaaziNnamidiot:
Who are the Yorubas against the secession of those from land of the rising potopoto. Tell us their names

You people love deceiving yourselves with rubbish. As if Yorubas are the ones leaving their lands to come to your Potopoto land. Yorubas are against you having your country yet chisco buses filled with flattie immigrants keep trooping in daily

And fight your secession battle yourselves without dragging Yorubas into it. Nonsense

as far has I am concerned u have not answered his question.... He is saying that despite the fact that the fulanis are using the igbos and yorubas as a boxing bag, he does not understand why the Yorubas r pained and ready to fight,instead of supporting dem to fight the injustice prepared for them by d abokis,whenever d igbos call for secession

2 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by kingzizzy: 11:01am On May 26, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Who did this to you bro?

Questions everywhere right thinking igbo should ask themselves:

1. Why do I hate the Yorubas so much yet live in their midst?

2. Why can't I stay in my region and make it there, why must I come to Yorubaland?

3. Why is it that whenever we hear the word Yoruba we develop high blood pressure, yet we load ourselves into luxurious buses and relocate our families everyday to Yorubaland to fend for ourselves and scrape a living?

4. Why can't I pack my families back to the east instead coming to Nairaland and beating my chest and wailing uncontrollably about being marginalized?

5. Am I chained to Yorubaland? If not, why can't I just leave?

6. Why do I feel inferior anytime I hear about the You're instead people?

7. Why do I hate the Yorubas so much?

Man stop asking childish questions. Im an Igbo man, I dont have to do 'one Nigeria' with you before I come to Lagos to do business. All the Lebanese businessmen in Lagos, have you asked them if they like Yorubas or if they are doing 'one Nigeria' with you?

So why ask me as an Igbo man? Because Lugard told you we are brothers? In business, I dont have to like your face.

When we get Biafra, you ate free to come and live in Enugu. I wont even ask you if you like Igbos or if you are in Enugu for 'one Biafra' as long as you are law abiding.

7 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by myright: 11:02am On May 26, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Fish brain!

How is Yoruba against you and your family and clansmen from relocating from Yorubaland?

Please on behalf of all Yorubas, both living and dead, we beg you for the sake of God, that all Igbos, Easterners or Biafrans or whatever you call yourselves to leave Yorubaland and relocate to wherever...

We Hope you'll heed our request.
who is talking about relocation here. We are talking about have a country different from you guys and at the same time be free to live anywhere in the world. Ode gba! grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 11:05am On May 26, 2017
comradejudism:
Its palpable why the Yorubas are against Nigeria breakup, the fear of gross enslavement by fulani and outright humiliation which the other ethnic nationalities will resist: eventual and feasible envy of igbos. Yorubas by genealogy are naturally coward, fearful and less adventous. A yoruba man of 70years will never travel out of his enclave to get himself educated, live all his life in ogbomosho and use that as a macrocosm of Nigeria
please show me igbo men bold as gani fawehinmi, fela kuti, dele giwa, femi falana, wole soyinka or the teenage hijackers richard ogunderu, kabir adenuga, ben oluwadisi and kenny rasaq-lawal or even saro wiwa the ogoni man before you call yorubas fearful and cowards

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by kingzizzy: 11:05am On May 26, 2017
IkediEbubes:

By seceding online and pouring smelly spits everywhere. You hate the SW and cant leave there, is that not a curse? You were all slaughtered like ram but your loudmouthed governor cried and told you all to fast, yet you chest beating online. You are a shameless being. Spits

Well if you think all this, what Im supposed to think of you people that are shouting to do 'one Nigeria' with the same Fulani slaughtering you? Instead of you people to come out and admit that you are slaves that cant agitate for anything like others are doing, you are here making noise.

Tell us how much you love to do 'one Nigeria' with the same Fulani slauthering you guys.

4 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 11:13am On May 26, 2017
ztapi:

please show me igbo men bold as gani fawehinmi, fela kuti, dele giwa, femi falana, wole soyinka or the teenage hijackers richard ogunderu, kabir adenuga, ben oluwadisi and kenny rasaq-lawal or even saro wiwa the ogoni man before you call yorubas fearful and cowards
You see the myopic nature of yorubas. Igbos are bold achivers; dont single out others like your likes. Average igboman has the courage, zeal, boldness and tenacity of all those individualist and yoruba worshiping heros.

3 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by loopmongoat: 11:16am On May 26, 2017
The children of waste were born to hate
Right from time immemorial they were created to envy successful igbos
It's in their dna

10 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 11:22am On May 26, 2017
comradejudism:
You see the myopic nature of yorubas. Igbos are bold achivers; dont single out others like your likes. Average igboman has the courage, zeal, boldness and tenacity of all those individualist and yoruba worshiping heros.
yea bold achievers indeed yet not one single "hero" can compare?herd mentality and narrow mindedness, thats all you have on the average, not boldness, and when the chips are down your so-called "leaders" bail on the rest to safety

4 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by leofab(f): 11:24am On May 26, 2017
Lol lol
Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by milantustorin(m): 11:25am On May 26, 2017
DEATHMACHINE:
The problem with most of you shortsighted individuals who don't see beyond tribalism is poor values instilled in your upbringing. You need to look beyond tribalism and see things in different light.
This message is to all and sundry involved in the muddy waters of tribalism regardless of tribal afflictions.
so tribalism is now ur escape route, as far as am concerned u r yet to answer dis simple question, the southern part of Nigeria have suffered injustices and inequality but obviously the igbos suffer it more than any other in south, Do u want them to keep quiet, continue folding their arms and give out der necks for the fulani cutlass? Wat do you really want them to do in order to regain their national right?

5 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Adiola(f): 11:37am On May 26, 2017
MaaziNnamidiot:

Oh sharaaap with these overused "my gf is Yoruba" "my friends are Yoruba" lines. We've heard it before. That you have Yoruba friends or a yoruba girlfriend doesn't mean you can't be a tribalist. So don't sell that nonsense here

Lol. who cares if you like ewedu and amala. When did liking ewedu and amala translate to liking Yoruba people. grin
your moniker though

1 Like

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 11:56am On May 26, 2017
ztapi:

yea bold achievers indeed yet not one single "hero" can compare?herd mentality and narrow mindedness, thats all you have on average, not boldness, and when the chips are down your so-called "leaders" bail on the rest to safety
i cannot be tempted to name names, its unatural and unigbolike features. we are no praise singers, great men and woman of accomplishment of igbo origin do not expect same accolade like yorubas."baba o, iba fun eyan kan shosho, twale baba, owo re loke etc the agbroism of yoruba man is second to none

2 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 26, 2017
comradejudism:
i cannot be tempted to name names, its unatural and unigbolike features. we are no praise singers, great men and woman of accomplishment of igbo origin do not expect same accolade like yorubas."baba o, iba fun eyan kan shosho, twale baba, owo re loke etc the agbroism of yoruba man is second to none
stop deceiving yourself nwanne, if they existed who would be asking?when it was time to show boldness there was no "average bold igbo man" in view...the closest was that kanu leading 1 million man march for abacha and youth earnestly ask for abacha when the rest of the world was against the tyrant. face the truth for once in your life, you think about yourselves alone...its natural and igbolike to call yorubas cowards and fearful when you wouldnt dare take their steps

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 26, 2017
ElsonMorali:

Fish brain!

How is Yoruba against you and your family and clansmen from relocating from Yorubaland?

Please on behalf of all Yorubas, both living and dead, we beg you for the sake of God, that all Igbos, Easterners or Biafrans or whatever you call yourselves to leave Yorubaland and relocate to wherever...

We Hope you'll heed our request.
As long as your type keep on fighting against Biafra online then its right to say Yorubas are Unity Beggars

5 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 26, 2017
I really don't understand how Yoruba can be scared of Biafra with the prospects of the mass exodus of Igbo strangers from our lands.
We would throw a party the day Biafra is achived. To be honest, yorubas nay Nigerians are tired of Igbos. Only the elite are scared of their investments in Nigeria.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 26, 2017
Kathmandu:
As long as your type keep on fighting against Biafra online then its right to say Yorubas are Unity Beggars

I have begged my Yoruba people to leave Igbo's alone in another thread on this section

I am tired of seeing Biafra everywhere. I wish you guys just secede like today. Igbo's don turn pest ooo. Very tiring and annoying.

8 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 26, 2017
ztapi:

stop deceiving yourself nwanne, if they existed who would be asking?when it was time to show boldness there was no "average bold igbo man" in view...the closest was that kanu leading 1 million man march for abacha and youth earnestly ask for abacha when the rest of the world was against the tyrant. face the truth for once in your life, you think about yourselves alone...its natural and igbolike to call yorubas cowards and fearful when you wouldnt dare take their steps
its truism from the other five geo-political zone that a typical yoruba man is a bloody COWARD. Whatever you write cannot erase that fact from national consciousness, infact, people will suggest you betral a yoruba man before he stab you with cowrdise. fulani understand this abinitio

3 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 26, 2017
comradejudism:
its truism from the other five geo-political zone that a typical yoruba man is a bloody COWARD. Whatever you write cannot erase that fact from national consciousness, infact, people will suggest you betral a yoruba man before he stab you with cowrdise. fulani understand this abinitio

We'd rather be cowards than waste the lives of 3 million people. You didn't only lose the war, you never achieved your aim of having your own country lol. Blame that on your brawn before brains mentality lol.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 26, 2017
Alcatraz005:

I have begged my Yoruba people to leave Igbo's alone in another thread on this section

I am tired of seeing Biafra everywhere. I wish you guys just secede like today. Igbo's don turn pest ooo. Very tiring and annoying.
Igbos would have faced hausa squarely on this Biafra issue but most of your people become more hausa than Yorubas here.

I don tire for them

7 Likes

Re: Why are Yorubas Against Igbo Secession? by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 26, 2017

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gov. El Rufai Attend Durbar Festival In Zaria (Pictures) / FG Budgets ₦900bn For Agencies Recommended For Scrapping - Oronsaye Report / Bala Zaka Slams NMDPRA Over Adulterated Fuel Crisis In Nigeria (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.